PDA

View Full Version : Stupid To Have & Not Use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not So Fast
07-09-2007, 07:30 AM
After our sad attempt or experience at nite boating the other nite I cant help but to think how stupid I am to not use our 2 way radios during pickup time. I got to thinking what would we do if something went astray when the driver of the truck (especially the wife) would encounter a problem and since we were parked in the overflow lot it would be even worse, say a flat tire or dead battery or some drunk, who knows. I see a lot of folks use them while putting the boat on the trailer too but what if like the other nite when it was a crowded ramp and no way to cumunicate with each other, in the dark I couldnt even make out my truck much less a person trying to get our attention in case something were wrong.
So my new rule is, We will turn on our walkie-talkies even during the day, PERIOD, so that we have cumunications. I think thats pretty good advice IMO:idea: Peace NSF

yopengo
07-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Good idea. I use them all the time at the lake. :D

Havasu1986
07-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Good idea. I use them all the time at the lake. :D
Me too..:)

SummitKarl
07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
After our sad attempt or experience at nite boating the other nite I cant help but to think how stupid I am to not use our 2 way radios during pickup time. I got to thinking what would we do if something went astray when the driver of the truck (especially the wife) would encounter a problem and since we were parked in the overflow lot it would be even worse, say a flat tire or dead battery or some drunk, who knows. I see a lot of folks use them while putting the boat on the trailer too but what if like the other nite when it was a crowded ramp and no way to cumunicate with each other, in the dark I couldnt even make out my truck much less a person trying to get our attention in case something were wrong.
So my new rule is, We will turn on our walkie-talkies even during the day, PERIOD, so that we have cumunications. I think thats pretty good advice IMO:idea: Peace NSF
I use a marine radio on the boat and have a hand held in the truck (that I leave on)..it's great when you got someone new picking up the truck and trailer and suddenly from under the seat my voice screams "don't touch that":2purples: :D

Hardly Satisfied
07-09-2007, 07:42 AM
We use our Nextel's all the time. One of the few things nextel good for.

Jyruiz
07-09-2007, 08:07 AM
We always have ours, one in the boat the other in the truck. That is how my wife learned to back up the trailer, I would talke her through it.

Havasu Hangin'
07-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I use this thing called a "cell phone".

MR.rvrluvr
07-09-2007, 08:11 AM
hate the overflow lot, its to dark.. I would rather get up a 4 in the morning to get in the main lot so momma can be safe......BTW we use cell phones...

havasurat27
07-09-2007, 08:33 AM
hate the overflow lot, its to dark.. I would rather get up a 4 in the morning to get in the main lot so momma can be safe......BTW we use cell phones...
I thought you had to work today!

Throttle
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
no need for either when you are doing it yourself...
thank goodness Jamie was a good student... she gets the trailer, we used to use cell phones when needed, now we have radios... but we only talk if needed... hands free is best... basically like you said NSF, "just in case..."

djunkie
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
I use mine all the time with my g/f when launching and retrieving. One word of advice though, make sure they're charged up before you get to the ramp. :rolleyes: :D :D

Not So Fast
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Cant usually hear them with the boat running or others and half the time the friggin thing has no reception :( The 2 way is what we are going to use since WE HAVE THEM ALREADY:D but thanks for the advice. NSF

phebus
07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Baller. :D

BigDoug
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Yep !!.......we use walkie talkies as well :D

Baja Big Dog
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Hand signals....two fingers is good, one finger is bad...:D

jrgaudettes
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
You are correct Bobby. I will be getting some. They would have come in handy this Sat as we were getting ready to back the trailer in, then the north side ramp shut down for the emergency crews. After some arm signals we went to the south side and retrived, Would have been easier with radios.

Warlockjer
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Breaker breaker got a copy Bobby? We are back.....Hey if I would have used ours I never would have crunched my 5th wheel trailer........We use them now:)

Windy
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
We use them every time we launch and retrieve.