PDA

View Full Version : One of ours is lost, RIP Byron

SnakeWrench
07-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Joel Bronson from Bronson/Hill Props Just called me and said that Byron passed away from cancer this morning.
More details as they come in.
RIP old man, We'll miss you.

Mrs. 20
07-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Rip:(

Throttle
07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
sad news, keep us posted snake...
thoughts and prayers...

Shockwave 25
07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
RIP
He has helped me so much through out the years with props. From way back in the day when I raced Jetskis to all the props on by past and current boats. My prayers are with his family.

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Rip

C-2
07-09-2007, 07:57 AM
That's too bad. Many thanks for the help over the years, and godspeed.:(

SnakeWrench
07-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Byron has always been a good friend of anyone that crossed his path. I had the pleasure of working with him consistantly over the past 15 years. He was always willing to go over and beyond to get something done, and always had a hardy handshake and a smile for everyone that he met.
For those that didn't know Byron, I am sorry you missed him, but for those that knew him, count yourself fortunate.
Snake

Magic34
07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
RIP Byron....:(
I had never done business with him, but that never stopped him for taking the time on the phone when I would call. He always offered to send out a prop to try, no questions asked.
Very polite and a stand up guy...
Byron, you'll be missed. :(

Baja Big Dog
07-09-2007, 08:11 AM
This guy effected many...many....many people, not just the boater world....:(

SnakeWrench
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
This guy effected many...many....many people, not just the boater world....:(
Very true.

chub
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
May the LORD bless and keep you Byron!:(

LaveyOne
07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Sad news ... He was a good man.
God bless him and his family.

Lavey5150
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
God Bless.....

THOR
07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
RIP Byron.

SnakeWrench
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
I will post funeral info as soon as possible.

partytime
07-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow, that is terrible, my condolences to his family. He was a stand up guy that loved to talk boating every time I brought one of my bashed up props in.

COELIMINATOR
07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
God Bless Byron. You will be missed.
Sam

atomickitn
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
wow sorry to hear this news , byron was a very nice man and pleasent to do business with , he really knew his stuff , R.I.P :(

riverbound
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
thats horrible news :(
A few of us were just talking about him this weekend. Doing some prop testing and there was never a second guess who I would go to.

OC28HEAT
07-09-2007, 11:12 AM
What a surprise I was just there last week
RIP

EAZYKILLER2006
07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
soo sorry for the loss and the sad news RIP

Deano
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Byron has always been a good friend of anyone that crossed his path. I had the pleasure of working with him consistantly over the past 15 years. He was always willing to go over and beyond to get something done, and always had a hardy handshake and a smile for everyone that he met.
For those that didn't know Byron, I am sorry you missed him, but for those that knew him, count yourself fortunate.
Snake
True that. One hell of a guy. RIP Byron! :(

superdave013
07-09-2007, 03:17 PM
I went in there the first time in my early 20's with a fist full of flatbottom props all needing something. I told him what I had and what class I was running. I picked them up and he won't take a dime from me. Totally hooked up a young starving drag boat racer. How cool was that?!?!
I put his logo on the windshield and brought him in this photo. He seemed more stoked then I was.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15039just_plain_nasty_1994-med.jpg

Rexone
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
A good man has been lost.
I've known Byron for about 30 years give or take. He's been a good friend and was a genuinely good hearted man. Would do anything he possibly could for anyone. I've had the privledge of serving on the SCMA board with him for the past 6 years as well. RIP my friend. You may be gone from this earth but certainly will not be forgotten.

SnakeWrench
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Bump

boats&bars
07-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Its a sad day rip.........

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
RIP Byron....
It was a pleasure to know you.....
You were a good man....
CJG
:(

dossangers
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Great guy Ive had ALL my props done there nothing but great service and quality work Like Rex said ALWAYS REMEMBERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :(

RiverPirate
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Sad Day. Thanks for always having the answer and right tune up every time I brought a prop in. RIP Byron.

H20Advantage
07-09-2007, 09:12 PM
God Bless You Byron..RIP. God dealt you a rough hand over the past few years. I hope your in a better place now. You were a good man and your death is a great loss to all.
Our prayers go out to Joel and family.

boatsnblondes
07-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, after a hard day out there, Chris called me and told me this news..needless to say, I drove home with tears streaming down my face.....I loved this guy....he was such an inately GOOD, decent man, so rare these days...the loss is terrible in my life, he was my good friend.....Byron, I'm so sorry we never got to take that train ride I promised you, we were always so buusy....you were the best friend, the mentor, the best help out there for me...I love you bro and I'll never forget you.....Joel, my heart goes out to you bro, Chris sends her love and thoughts and prayers to you also...may the good Lord bless and keep you my friend.....our love to you....and some kind words also from an old friend....something to help you get through all this....
Day is Done, The
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The day is done, and the darkness
Falls from the wings of Night,
As a feather is wafted downward
From an eagle in his flight.
I see the lights of the village
Gleam through the rain and the mist,
And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me
That my soul cannot resist:
A feeling of sadness and longing,
That is not akin to pain,
And resembles sorrow only
As the mist resembles the rain.
Come, read to me some poem,
Some simple and heartfelt lay,
That shall soothe this restless feeling,
And banish the thoughts of day.
Not from the grand old masters,
Not from the bards sublime,
Whose distant footsteps echo
Through the corridors of Time.
For, like strains of martial music,
Their mighty thoughts suggest
Life's endless toil and endeavor;
And to-night I long for rest.
Read from some humbler poet,
Whose songs gushed from his heart,
As showers from the clouds of summer,
Or tears from the eyelids start;
Who, through long days of labor,
And nights devoid of ease,
Still heard in his soul the music
Of wonderful melodies.
Such songs have power to quiet
The restless pulse of care,
And come like the benediction
That follows after prayer.
Then read from the treasured volume
The poem of thy choice,
And lend to the rhyme of the poet
The beauty of thy voice.
And the night shall be filled with music
And the cares, that infest the day,
Shall fold their tents, like the Arabs,
And as silently steal away.
For those of you who knew him, never forget him. He was a good man. For those of you who didn't, ask us some day to tell you about what he was, the stories will go on long into the night...long after the candles have gone out...:(

H20Advantage
07-10-2007, 07:14 AM
bump

ZRCTION
08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I first met Byron in 95' when I was a mechanic At Tige Watersports. I was fresh out of the USCG and looking to learn all I could about small boat mechanics. Every time he came to the shop I would shake his hand and talk boats and props. What a wealth of knowledge he was. I was invited to attend the Ski Boat Magazine boat test at the Nautical Inn, I think it was sometime in 96'. I finally got the liquid courage up to ask why he tries to break my hand everytime he would shake it. He and everyone around got a good laugh. That was when I was told to ask him to see his rings. I'll never forget how modest that man was about having not 1 but 2 superbowl rings.
I ended up working at Tige for 10 years, 9 as service mgr, and I looked forward to seeing him every week, always seem to put a little wind back in my sales.
Shortly before I left Tige Byron had come onto some rough times that would make any man want to pack up and leave. The car accident and the cancer. i spent many hours talking to him about the accident and it was real hard to see such a big man choke up in tears. Then the cancer, he told me not to worry or feel sorry that he had the cancer. "What ever happens, happens" he told me.
I truely regret not talking to him as much as I wanted to after leaving the industry, I kept telling myself to call and touch base, but I was always too busy. I'm sorry Byron.
You are the truest of friends and dearly missed.
God speed my friend,
Greg Denton