PDA

View Full Version : Sunk the Boat kind of idea.....

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I am thinking of soliciting funds for a Hot Boat home for all of us to use. Of course, the home will be in my name, but it will really be for all of us.
My situation is this.........I am in Newport for two months, on the water, over looking the North Bay front of Balboa Is. Everyone would agree it's a great place to hang out, boat, etc. etc.
I have found a home on Lido Is. that has room for two large, boats in the 100 foot range and a slew of smaller boats. Or we can stash many Hot Boats in the range of 10 or 12. House has five bedrooms and seven bathrooms.
Need $16 million. Who is willing to pony up?????:D

Ms.Havasu
07-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I'll trade mine strait across:D

HM
07-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I am thinking of soliciting funds for a Hot Boat home for all of us to use. Of course, the home will be in my name, but it will really be for all of us.
My situation is this.........I am in Newport for two months, on the water, over looking the North Bay front of Balboa Is. Everyone would agree it's a great place to hang out, boat, etc. etc.
I have found a home on Lido Is. that has room for two large, boats in the 100 foot range and a slew of smaller boats. Or we can stash many Hot Boats in the range of 10 or 12. House has five bedrooms and seven bathrooms.
Got change for zillion samolians? :D

Mrs.Racer277
07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I am sure Jordy can pony up :D :D

Jordy
07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a deal. I'd say that you should talk to Later about some fundraising ideas... Maybe Spammin' Thunder could help your cause as well. :D :D :D
I do like the idea of the big dock though as I'm going to enjoy a week of not swimming out to a mooring to get the boat. :D

Jordy
07-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I'll trade mine strait across:D
You know, Michelle does raise a great point here Rob... If you SOLD all your property here, or even traded (4 for 1 kind of deal), you should have no problem paying cash for the new Lido Island Headquarters. :D :D :D

thumbs
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I got $200 on it.

Magic34
07-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Check Coronado.. you could pick up a similar place on the water for about $5mil.

Jordy
07-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I got $200 on it.
Sweet!!! Only $15,999,800.00 to go!!! :D :D :D

Jordy
07-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Check Coronado.. you could pick up a similar place on the water for about $5mil.
Dock space is very limited on Coronado... Having a big private dock right in front of the house would be perfect. ;)

BEER&WATER
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I thought you were a baller
get er done

Magic34
07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Dock space is very limited on Coronado... Having a big private dock right in front of the house would be perfect. ;)
Come on, you know I have this all figured out already...
http://www.kathypounds.com/30GTNITE2.jpg
http://www.kathypounds.com/30green.htm

desertbird
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Got change for zillion samolians? :D
Or a million Turkish Lira? :)
Turkish Millionaire, lol......sometimes I miss Howard in the mornings.

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I thought you were a baller
get er done
That's a big number for anyone brother!!!:)

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Nice place! Where is this?

Jordy
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Coronado Cays huh??? :idea:
Been there a few times.
I was thinking more up towards the yacht club. Besides, there's much more to do in Newport. ;)
Jordy <---spent lots of time on Coronado a few years ago. :D

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
If we must, we can pick up a "dump" on the water with a dock for $5 million. Problem is so many less Hot Boat friends can tie up to our dock. :D However we could raft out into the bay until the Harbor Patrol shut us down!!:D

Magic34
07-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Nice place! Where is this?
Coronado Cays
They have rentals over there, but due to the HOA, they can only be rented for a minimium of a month at a time, no weekly or nightly rates.
There is always different stuff available. You can get the big dog over there with over 150' of dock space in the backyard for $30k per month.
The more realistic ones go for around $6k per month in the summer, but the rates drastically decrease after September. That same $6k/month house goes for $3500/month after September.
The house I have pictured in the previous post is a very nice $4 mil house and would rent for about $7500-8k/month in the summer. After september, around $4k for the month.
You could rent one for as long as you like, the whole summer if you wanted.
I have been looking for a rental in newport like the Coronado set up, but have not found anything.

Garrddogg
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I have $12.38 and a small ball of belly button lint, Does this help?
Which weeks are mine?:D

Biglue
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I got $5 on it. :D

Classic Daycruiser
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I think we need a paypal account. How about mine:D :D :D

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Coronado Cays
They have rentals over there, but due to the HOA, they can only be rented for a minimium of a month at a time, no weekly or nightly rates.
There is always different stuff available. You can get the big dog over there with over 150' of dock space in the backyard for $30k per month.
The more realistic ones go for around $6k per month in the summer, but the rates drastically decrease after September. That same $6k/month house goes for $3500/month after September.
The house I have pictured in the previous post is a very nice $4 mil house and would rent for about $7500-8k/month in the summer. After september, around $4k for the month.
You could rent one for as long as you like, the whole summer if you wanted.
I have been looking for a rental in newport like the Coronado set up, but have not found anything.
It's easily twice that in Newport. Next year it might be Coronado Cays I believe!

Havasu Hangin'
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I believe my boss is going to put his house up for sale shortly. It's the one in Newport that is across from the Herbst house....big flag and on the corner.
It includes the dock, hoist, etc. 28,000 sqaure feet, plus underground parking for 10 cars.
He has an offer for $40mil, but I bet I can talk him into $35mil + a Hot Boat tee shirt and animated signature line.

Magic34
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, I believe my boss is going to put his house up for sale shortly. It's the one in Newport that is across from the Herbst house....big flag and on the corner.
It includes the dock, hoist, etc. 28,000 sqaure feet, plus underground parking for 10 cars.
He has an offer for $40mil, but I bet I can talk him into $35mil + a Hot Boat tee shirt and animated signature line.
This would be that house. I took this picture when doing the sea trial for my boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_18061.JPG

Jordy
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
It's easily twice that in Newport. Next year it might be Coronado Cays I believe!
Not sure that's such a good idea... :idea: :D
But I'm down for whatever. :devil:
Hey Rob, I think that's the one that C REALLY likes, well, second to the one on the main channel down from the fuel dock. :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-09-2007, 10:43 AM
This would be that house. I took this picture when doing the sea tail for my boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_18061.JPG
Yes, that's it. If you look close, you can see the $25,000/month property tax bill.

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
This house sold years ago to an FBI man for $8 mil. Heard it through 3rd party.

Havasu Hangin'
07-09-2007, 11:09 AM
This house sold years ago to an FBI man for $8 mil. Heard it through 3rd party.
I think they paid $9mil in 2001? He does have an offer in writing right now for $40mil. However, I'm not sure I'd take that house- he said they go through about 10 flags per year...that's a pretty big expense (and don't forget the $1,000/month electricity bill).
BTW...Nicholas Cage can be your neighbor- I believe he bought the one next to John Wayne's old house.

Magic34
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I think they paid $9mil in 2001? He does have an offer in writing right now for $40mil. However, I'm not sure I'd take that house- he said they go through about 10 flags per year...that's a pretty big expense (and don't forget the $1,000/month electricity bill).
BTW...Nicholas Cage can be your neighbor- I believe he bought the one next to John Wayne's old house.
This is Nicholas Cage's house, directly across the bay.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_1809.JPG
Fock, I look like a stalker with all these pics.

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Well I am not going to live next to Cage, that's for damn sure!!!! :D

squirt'nmyload
07-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I do like the idea of the big dock though as I'm going to enjoy a week of not swimming out to a mooring to get the boat. :D
wish i'd a known you were doing that. you guys could've used my friends dingy since he is out of town. lives on 15th st next to the american legion :)

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
wish i'd a known you were doing that. you guys could've used my friends dingy since he is out of town. lives on 15th st next to the american legion :)
Oh I know. But we like watching Jordy swim everyday.:D

Jordy
07-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh I know. But we like watching Jordy swim everyday.:D
Hey, watch it or I'll hit the remote quick disconnect on my braided mooring line and then where will you be??? :idea: :eek: :D

Devil's Advocate
07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Or a sunk the pocketbook kind of idea.:eek:
:D

Big Warlock
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Or a sunk the pocketbook kind of idea.:eek:
:D
Maybe this should be called the "go big or go home thread?" I need to pack my bags!!! :D

Jordy
07-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I got $200 on it.
I have $12.38 and a small ball of belly button lint
I got $5 on it. :D
So far we're in for $217.38 and a small ball of belly button lint... I think Later may have wrecked this fundraising idea for everyone. :notam:

andy01
07-10-2007, 08:39 AM
If my memory serves me right that house sold for 14 in the 90's. It was all over the papers as the most expensive house sold in OC, ever. Then it sold for 9 and it was in the papers again that is sold for a 5 mill lose. I could be wrong though, very nice house. Tell Dan we need another beach house!
Andy

OutCole'd
07-10-2007, 08:46 AM
So far we're in for $217.38 and a small ball of belly button lint... I think Later may have wrecked this fundraising idea for everyone. :notam:
Put me down for a nice crisp Franklin.
Where do I put my stuff??:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
07-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Tell Dan we need another beach house!
The ole HH Tugboat sure looked good tied up to that dock a couple weeks ago. Scotty and I were sipping cocktails by the pool saying, "Nicholas Cage, who?" as the damn paparazzi buzzed us.
Dan needs to step up...that guy probably has $40mil in loose change in his couch.

dirty old man
07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
G/F & I were there Sunday looking at a home behind the Herbst's in that price range but it included a Sunseeker Preditor (61) in the sale. Is that the one? It had dual docks at about a 45 degree angle. House is nice, going to survey the 'seeker next week

Jordy
07-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Put me down for a nice crisp Franklin.
Make that $317.38 now. Getting closer. :D :D :D
Dan needs to step up...that guy probably has $40mil in loose change in his couch.
Tell Dan to get the house and you'll bring the HH Tugboat out and tie it to the dock anytime he wants, as long as he kicks in on gas. :D :D

CBadDad
07-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe this should be called the "go big or go home thread?" I need to pack my bags!!! :D
I guess I'll be going home now. :(