PDA

View Full Version : Teenager Prank?

HM
07-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Had some kids play what I think was an attempted prank on my house last night. They were banging on my front door at about 11:30 PM...and I mean BANGING. All the lights were out. I turn on the front light and it doesn't go on and then I turn on the flood lights in the driveway...which do work. I look out the front window and see 4-5 people hanging out at the street holding a rope that goes across my yard to the front door. I can't see the person at the front door. They keep banging on the door and I finally yell out that I called the cops and they take off. After they leave, and the sherriff pulls up...they had tied a rope to the front door nob? All the sheriff and I can figure is they were going to pull the door shut on me once I opened it? Obviously...they are not smart...who opens their door at 11:30 PM on Sunday night after you have gone to bed to someone who is banging the crap out of your front door? I say kids...but I couldn't tell how old they were.
I don't know what they were up to, and hopefully it was a prank or the sheriff thought it was a case of mistaken identity. But, I don't remember pulling shit like that as a kid. If someone is gonna bang on my door late at night it better be someone I know....as I was ready with a small arsenal inside.
Anyone hear of that kind of prank?

Havasu Hangin'
07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I believe that's called a "lynchmob". Have you slapped any ladies at the gas station lately?
:jawdrop:

AZJD
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Out the back door locked and loaded!!!!!

Shreve "T"
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Had some kids play what I think was an attempted prank on my house last night. They were banging on my front door at about 11:30 PM...and I mean BANGING. All the lights were out. I turn on the front light and it doesn't go on and then I turn on the flood lights in the driveway...which do work. I look out the front window and see 4-5 people hanging out at the street holding a rope that goes across my yard to the front door. I can't see the person at the front door. They keep banging on the door and I finally yell out that I called the cops and they take off. After they leave, and the sherriff pulls up...they had tied a rope to the front door nob? All the sheriff and I can figure is they were going to pull the door shut on me once I opened it? Obviously...they are not smart...who opens their door at 11:30 PM on Sunday night after you have gone to bed to someone who is banging the crap out of your front door? I say kids...but I couldn't tell how old they were.
I don't know what they were up to, and hopefully it was a prank or the sheriff thought it was a case of mistaken identity. But, I don't remember pulling shit like that as a kid. If someone is gonna bang on my door late at night it better be someone I know....as I was ready with a small arsenal inside.
Anyone hear of that kind of prank?
"DUDE" Sorry to hear about getting woke up @ 11:30PM kids do stupid things...LMAO reading about it..:D :D :D

HM
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I believe that's called a "lynchmob". Have you slapped any ladies at the gas station lately?
:jawdrop:
That is what I thought at first...but they scared off too easily.
I haven't had any "bitch slapping" incidents in a few years. I did have some words with a neighbor a month or two back...but I found out that every neighbor has had words with that neighbor and some that were far far worse than my incident.

Biglue
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Keep a gun loaded with blanks, the next time that happens you'll laugh hardest the longest. :D

Big Inch
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Keep a gun loaded with blanks, the next time that happens you'll laugh hardest the longest. :D
Don't pull out a gun unless your prepared to use it. Imagine doing this and then finding out they were armed too but not with blanks. They say it's a bad idea to bring a knife to a gun fight. Is it worse to leave the knife and plan on shooting blanks?

Ziggy
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I always preferred using the flaming bag of dog poop myself... :D:D
HM, schools out, what else do they have to do for a few months?

Biglue
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Don't pull out a gun unless your prepared to use it. Imagine doing this and then finding out they were armed too but not with blanks. They say it's a bad idea to bring a knife to a gun fight. Is it worse to leave the knife and plan on shooting blanks?
That was a joke buddy. Of course, it's a horrible idea to draw a gun especially one loaded with blanks. But this is ***boat. :D
BTW a :D equals joke, sarcasm, ha-ha, you get the picture ;)

Liberator TJ1984
07-09-2007, 11:37 AM
we used to cover someones porch with doggie doo .....ring the door bell then watch them walk outside to see whats up ....oh the curse words you could learn :devil: :D

Biglue
07-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I hope you meant using it for a practical joke there Zigmeister. :D :D

lucky
07-09-2007, 11:44 AM
my daughters are getting quite preverse at ding dong ditch :D

Ziggy
07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I hope you meant using it for a practical joke there Zigmeister. :D :D
What else would YOU use it for Lue? :eek:

Big Inch
07-09-2007, 11:48 AM
That was a joke buddy. Of course, it's a horrible idea to draw a gun especially one loaded with blanks. But this is ***boat. :D
BTW a :D equals joke, sarcasm, ha-ha, you get the picture ;)
I understand this completely but I'm new to the boards and hadn't had the opportunity to humiliate myself here yet and this seemed like the perfect opportunity :D

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Never heard of that prank. Guess should ask some teenagers.

centerhill condor
07-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Out the back door locked and loaded!!!!!
full face paint and cammo...ooooraaah! hand cuffs, wire ties, duct tape, and a stun gun...

Jyruiz
07-09-2007, 11:58 AM
You should have gone out the back door and came out screaming in your underware, I am sure that would have scared the shit out of them.:D

HM
07-09-2007, 12:02 PM
HM, schools out, what else do they have to do for a few months?
Well....I don't fall for the banana in the tail pipe....which I did check for this Am. :D
I just had never heard of that and was kind of thinking lynch mob at first - I loaded 4 guns and everyone took position in my house...including my dogs which was kind of cool to see that they knew something was up and they were in protect mode. Flying Lavey says they had done something similar...I had just never heard of that. I pulled a few pranks as a kid...but this is not something I would have thought of nor would I actually think someone would open a door late at night to a stranger.

Ziggy
07-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Well....I don't fall for the banana in the tail pipe....which I did check for this Am. :D
I just had never heard of that and was kind of thinking lynch mob at first - I loaded 4 guns and everyone took position in my house...including my dogs which was kind of cool to see that they knew something was up and they were in protect mode. Flying Lavey says they had done something similar...I had just never heard of that. I pulled a few pranks as a kid...but this is not something I would have thought of nor would I actually think someone would open a door late at night to a stranger.
Hate to even admit having tipped a small trashcan full of water against a front door and ringing the doorbell...:eek:
:)

djunkie
07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Obviously...they are not smart...who opens their door at 11:30 PM on Sunday night after you have gone to bed to someone who is banging the crap out of your front door?
I would with this in my hand. Loaded of course with real bullets...........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34613&stc=1&d=1184012188

Mrs.Racer277
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Does Throttle know where you live???? I would blame him. :D :D

Jbb
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Teenage pranksters......there is a solution... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU)

Liberator TJ1984
07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
they didn't get you with the smashcan trick :D
thats where you take two metal trash cans and put one on each side of someones driveway , tie the handles together with some 80# fishing string ....
when someone pulls in or out of the driveway the trash cans will get slammed up against the sides of the vehicle :eek:
works really good on those neighbors ya just can't stand :devil: :D

Biglue
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
What else would YOU use it for Lue? :eek:
I use a bathroom like normal people Zig. :eek: :D
I understand this completely but I'm new to the boards and hadn't had the opportunity to humiliate myself here yet and this seemed like the perfect opportunity :D
That's going to cost ya a cold beer on the water buddy. You do that and we'll just look completely past that little vulgar display of making an ass out of yourself. :D ;)

HM
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I would with this in my hand. Loaded of course with real bullets...........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34613&stc=1&d=1184012188
Well, with 4 small kids in the house...I was more in defense mode and was waiting for forced entry. I was positioned well in the house, as well as my wife and my dogs should forced entry occur. This incident did bring up something I have never talked about with my wife and kids...and that is a home invasion type of scenario.
We have had a couple robberies in Canyon Lake while people were home. They were not "home invasion" style...but they broke in and stole stuff from inside the house while people were sleeping.
We also have a few renters around the corner that have some fairly shady people hanging out. And, on my old street, some punks beat up an old man late on a Friday night when he drove up to his house and told the kids to keep it down- they were partying in the middle of the street. These were arian nation punks and they all got caught...since one of the kids lived right next door.

djunkie
07-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, with 4 small kids in the house...I was more in defense mode and was waiting for forced entry. I was positioned well in the house, as well as my wife and my dogs should forced entry occur. This incident did bring up something I have never talked about with my wife and kids...and that is a home invasion type of scenario.
We have had a couple robberies in Canyon Lake while people were home. They were not "home invasion" style...but they broke in and stole stuff from inside the house while people were sleeping.
We also have a few renters around the corner that have some fairly shady people hanging out. And, on my old street, some punks beat up an old man late on a Friday night when he drove up to his house and told the kids to keep it down- they were partying in the middle of the street. These were arian nation punks and they all got caught...since one of the kids lived right next door.
I get ya with the kids in the house. I'm sure when I have kids I won't be keeping a loaded gun easily accessible to them.

Big Inch
07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I use a bathroom like normal people Zig. :eek: :D
That's going to cost ya a cold beer on the water buddy. You do that and we'll just look completely past that little vulgar display of making an ass out of yourself. :D ;)
Letting me off easy I see :D

HM
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I get ya with the kids in the house. I'm sure when I have kids I won't be keeping a loaded gun easily accessible to them.
Guns in the house with kids is a whole different issue. I was raised with guns in the house and I am raising my kids with guns in the house. I have taught my kids as soon as they can understand that they treat EVERY gun as though it is loaded and ready to be fired at any time and they are to keep thinking that until they see for themselves that it is not loaded. My guns are double locked with also the ammo being double locked. If my kids want to go shooting, they just have to tell me.
It also helps that I have my kids in TaeKwonDo in which they are taught to exhaust all methods of avoiding confrontation first. We have been to one gun class for kids and the first thing they teach them is safety and respect.

Cigalert
07-10-2007, 08:46 AM
The only pranks I remember playing as a kid was "highway kitty". We made a silloute of a cat out of cardboard and used marbles for eyes and foils strips for the reflective effect of hair. Duct taped that turd down to the street and hid up in the storm drains on the side of a hill. Around midnight someone would come along and see poor little kitty locked up like a deer in the headlights and run the poor little guy over. Oh we would laugh and laugh. No harm was ever done but if that happened to me now I'd be pissed it wasn't a real cat!

HM
07-10-2007, 08:53 AM
The only pranks I remember playing as a kid was "highway kitty". We made a silloute of a cat out of cardboard and used marbles for eyes and foils strips for the reflective effect of hair. Duct taped that turd down to the street and hid up in the storm drains on the side of a hill. Around midnight someone would come along and see poor little kitty locked up like a deer in the headlights and run the poor little guy over. Oh we would laugh and laugh. No harm was ever done but if that happened to me now I'd be pissed it wasn't a real cat!
That is f'n hillarious!!!

HM
07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
This thing ended up being a prank by some local kids. They returned to the scene of the crime yesterday evening. One of my neighbors was watching these kids drive by in their golf cart several times and went out and jacked the cart. :D I took the keys from their cart and told them to send their parents to come pick the cart up and I would also take the opportunity to ask if theyr were missing any rope (it was a length of ski rope)...and the driver of the cart folded like origami. :D

HM
07-10-2007, 10:37 AM
HM, Just to show there's no hard feeling, fill them in on the highway kitty prank...:D Just not by where you park.
Fill them in? F-that....I am already working on my on highway kitty!:devil:

STV_Keith
07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Maybe take the soundtrack to JBB's machine gun video up there and get it cranked up on the stereo. I mean, if everyone in the house was "taking their positions", the stereo isn't going to wake up anyone in your house. :D

Cigalert
07-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Fill them in? F-that....I am already working on my on highway kitty!:devil:
There was also talk about making a "Highway Mountain Lion". Same concept on a larger scale. The theory behind that is, some people might not brake for a kitten but a mf'n moutain lion....cheese and crackers they're brakin and swurvin. Now only if my Hillary Duff cardboard cut out wasn't broken I would lend you that.

HM
07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
There was also talk about making a "Highway Mountain Lion". Same concept on a larger scale. The theory behind that is, some people might not brake for a kitten but a mf'n moutain lion....cheese and crackers they're brakin and swurvin. Now only if my Hillary Duff cardboard cut out wasn't broken I would lend you that.
I got like 9 rolls of box tape and some old hangers. :D

wright27
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
At least they didn't dows your grass with gas and light it up. That one was always fun.:D

squirt'nmyload
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
never heard of that prank either...the thing we did the most was to get some fishing line and tie it to a stuffed animal, pound puppies worked the best, find some nice big bushes on the side of the road to hide in and pull it across the street in front of cars :jawdrop: :D we came up with the idea because people would speed down our street so we were trying to slow them down :)

Cigalert
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
OK, Who has a nice cat profile? I just got a nice piece of 1 1/2" thick grey foam. I know my son has some marbles stashed somewhere...crap, I have marbles stashed somewhere..for my slingshot:D
My plan is to use a piece of thin spring that is held with a sleave, when I pull the string the sleave pops off and the spring stands the cat silhouette up.
f'n perfect. That's what I'm talking about. Hopefully you'll get some tool bag rollin with the cell buried in his ear....."HOLY FUK!!!!)($#(@!$&(#! I'm going to have to call you back....I think I just killed a cat"
The other great prank was never intended to be a prank it just turned into one. I had a 7' Red Tail Boa that died in his tank. He died perfectly coiled up. During this time I made about $.23 an hour and I only had money for rent, gas and beer. I tossed pugsly (that was his name) down onto the common walkway from the 2nd story balcony of my apartment. Once I noticed I tossed him perfectly coiled with his head facing the parking lot so I decided to grab a couple beers and watch all my neighbors return home from a hard days work. Comedy gold. I'm not quite sure how a few of my neighbors got home that night, if at all, but most of them could have walked on water.

Cigalert
07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
BTW this is pretty damn close to "highway kitty"
http://www.catsnkittens.co.uk/public_html/images/BreedSilhouette_balinese.gif

HM
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Anyone know where a PETA convention is? :devil:

STV_Keith
07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
The theory behind that is, some people might not brake for a kitten but a mf'n moutain lion....cheese and crackers they're brakin and swurvin.
I can already get them to swerve and brake from the "couch effect". :D
Couch Effect - When I stand on the throttle good, my diesel puts out a nice dark cloud of dead dinosaur smoke...the people behind then swerve or brake as if a couch fell out of the bed of the truck. :D :devil:

Biglue
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Nice prank involving the cat. Now would a silloute (sp?) of a cow be a wee bit much? :D :D

Big Inch
07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
When we were teenagers we'd sew together pants and a long sleeved t-shirt and fill it with newspaper, add boots, gloves, a full halloween mask...you get the picture. You think people's eyes light up when they think they hit a cat... The trick was to find a high speed curve and lay him down in the street. Or you could always throw him out in front of the car.

OCMerrill
07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I would report it to your HOA.
The cops...so so
Your HOA will find their parents, fine them, and run them out of town!:D
By the way opening a door and blasting a fire-extinguisher in their face might work well.
I think the prank is open the door in a panic, run outside, and they pull the rope, shutting the door, and locking you outside. Latest door knob assemblies will open even if locked. Fire code.

OCMerrill
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
It also helps that I have my kids in TaeKwonDo in which they are taught to exhaust all methods of avoiding confrontation first. We have been to one gun class for kids and the first thing they teach them is safety and respect.
Were you and your family at the last competition in Temecula? At the high school off Clinton Keith? My daughter is a first degree and competed. She is pretty good in my eyes but there were some very refined kids there. I was impressed. She received a medal for sparing but nothing on form. That 80+ moves in the 1st degree form is fun to watch.
We drove in from Mission Viejo and were the only OC kid there. Folks kept asking us where Mission Viejo was? Like they have NEVER been out of the area before.:D

HM
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Were you and your family at the last competition in Temecula? At the high school off Clinton Keith? My daughter is a first degree and competed. She is pretty good in my eyes but there were some very refined kids there. I was impressed. She received a medal for sparing but nothing on form. That 80+ moves in the 1st degree form is fun to watch.
We drove in from Mission Viejo and were the only OC kid there. Folks kept asking us where Mission Viejo was? Like they have NEVER been out of the area before.:D
ITA in Menifee. My 6 year old is a first degree level 1 blackbelt.
Missing Banjo....I know where that is. :D I was born and raised OC...San Clemente the majority of the time. Are you ITA or ATA?

HM
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice prank involving the cat. Now would a silloute (sp?) of a cow be a wee bit much? :D :D
I don't know....lets see if we can get RiverToyJason to stand still long enough to trace him. :eek: :) :D :D

OCMerrill
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
ITA in Menifee. My 6 year old is a first degree level 1 blackbelt.
Missing Banjo....I know where that is. :D I was born and raised OC...San Clemente the majority of the time. Are you ITA or ATA?
Sure you know...sense you work near where I live.
She is in ATA. Our daughter Kirstin - 1st degree- Level two recommended (name added to the black belt). Mine and yours - kids are right in the same rank or close. She started on her 5th birthday. She just turned 8.
Just for fun... a year + ago I told her she could not drop me. She said she could. I laughed and told her save it until your older. I figured by 16 she ought to be real down with it. So as I am laughing my wife says to me..."Dear, your wrong. I said there is just no way. I turned to Kirstin and said try all you want but I can just grab you and forget it. Without any hesitation she kicked me in the nuts and DROPPED ME. I am a 6-1, 245 lb construction worker. It actually made me puke.
So can your kids protect themselves at a young age? Let me put it this way...they teach the element of strike surprise for a reason.:D

Cigalert
07-11-2007, 05:32 AM
She is in ATA. Our daughter Kirstin - 1st degree- Level two recommended (name added to the black belt). Mine and yours - kids are right in the same rank or close. She started on her 5th birthday. She just turned 8.
Just for fun... a year + ago I told her she could not drop me. She said she could. I laughed and told her save it until your older. I figured by 16 she ought to be real down with it. So as I am laughing my wife says to me..."Dear, your wrong. I said there is just no way. I turned to Kirstin and said try all you want but I can just grab you and forget it. Without any hesitation she kicked me in the nuts and DROPPED ME. I am a 6-1, 245 lb construction worker. It actually made me puke.
So can your kids protect themselves at a young age? Let me put it this way...they teach the element of strike surprise for a reason.:D
What a moment. You were probably so proud and so pissed all at the same time.

Devilman
07-11-2007, 05:44 AM
f'n perfect. That's what I'm talking about. Hopefully you'll get some tool bag rollin with the cell buried in his ear....."HOLY FUK!!!!)($#(@!$&(#! I'm going to have to call you back....I think I just killed a cat"
The other great prank was never intended to be a prank it just turned into one. I had a 7' Red Tail Boa that died in his tank. He died perfectly coiled up. During this time I made about $.23 an hour and I only had money for rent, gas and beer. I tossed pugsly (that was his name) down onto the common walkway from the 2nd story balcony of my apartment. Once I noticed I tossed him perfectly coiled with his head facing the parking lot so I decided to grab a couple beers and watch all my neighbors return home from a hard days work. Comedy gold. I'm not quite sure how a few of my neighbors got home that night, if at all, but most of them could have walked on water.
Nothing like entertainment at the expense of others. :D Kinda reminds me of the ol' "shit in the purse" trick...... LMFAO

OCMerrill
07-11-2007, 05:54 AM
What a moment. You were probably so proud and so pissed all at the same time.
LMAO! One story I sure wish was not true. I managed 40+ years of not being kicked there. Never knew what it really felt like.:eek:
My daughter did exactly what she had been training for. Three years of Hi- Yah straight to my nutz. She cried her eyes out she felt so bad. All I could say at the time was...OK that will work!:D
The deal is if you know its comming it won't happen. For some reason I failed to believe it would. I basically asked for it and still did not believe it.
At least with her I won't have to do the "I Have a Shotgun" deal to any future date of hers.

HM
07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
ATA - I don't think the ATA ever has any tournys against ITA except for really big events. I have a nephew in ATA who is the same level black belt as your daughter who lives in Anaheim Hills. A lot more sword work in ATA. The colored belts a little different in ATA too.
My son also started on his 5th birthday. They test every two months and he tested every time and only had to re-test one time when he failed to break his boards. Took a little over a year and a half to get to probationary black belt. Once they become black belt, they can only test every 4 months...so the climb thru black belt ranks is slower than the colored belts. My 6 year old is a little guy and a crack up to watch....he gets kicked in the face quite a bit which is slowly teaching him to keep his guard up. The owners of the studio like him a lot and have given him more attention because he has been so into it.
My 6 year old, while I never have personally experienced it :D, can deliver a kick to balls very quickly - with enough power to make an attacker lose focus for atleast a moment or two. The kids have the element of suprise on their hands because adults don't expect kids to fight back, atleast in a way that would actually hurt...And they are very quick.

02HoWaRd26
07-12-2007, 12:30 AM
another good one is either the fishing line to the back bumper to the metal garbage can, or just a 2 liter bottle some water and dry ice under someones bedroom window it makes enough noise to wake the neighborhood up but you will come out of bed ready to fight... my buddy loves that one, I hate it :devil: but it is a good one