PDA

View Full Version : Lemon law attorney for boats?

H20 Party Starter
07-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Does anyone have the name of a recommended Lemon law attourney in So Cal who does boat claims? I have a buddy in need. His boat meets every requirement I can find in Ca Law ie. In for service more than 3 times for the same issue not resolved, it was in for a total of 60+ days last time and the repair lasted 8 hours on the boat. He is sick of making payments on a boat under a complete warranty which is always in the shop.
The boat is 2 years old under a 6 year motor/drive warranty and 10 year hull warranty. All of the issues are motor drive related, it is a VOLVO-Penta 5.7 with the duel prop drive. The dealer has already replaced the motor's computer, electronic spark delivery system, drive gears, it's on it's 3rd drive clutch etc.
Thanks

Focker
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Lemon Laws Do Not Apply To Boats

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Ultra John might be of some help. :D

H20 Party Starter
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
sure? there is TONS of info online saying it very much does!
California Lemon Law for Defective Automobiles, Motorcycles, Boats and Recreational Vehicles (RV's)
Serving Your Lemon Law Needs
Lemon Law requires a skilled lawyer who specializes in the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, and considers consumer protection the major focus of the law practice. The California lemon law act applies to defective motor vehicles as well as motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles (RV's) and even to appliances and any other consumer product sold with a warranty. Lemon Law practice and claims have increased considerably in California in the past several years.
Getting a Refund on Your Defective Vehicle
If you want the best representation and you feel you should receive a replacement or a refund for a lemon vehicle, motorcycle, boat or recreational vehicle (RV), and you are located in California - Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County or Ventura County, we can help you with your lemon law claim.

H20 Party Starter
07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
duplicate post

plaster dave
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I guess it does.:D
sure? there is TONS of info online saying it very much does!
California Lemon Law for Defective Automobiles, Motorcycles, Boats and Recreational Vehicles (RV's)
Serving Your Lemon Law Needs
Lemon Law requires a skilled lawyer who specializes in the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, and considers consumer protection the major focus of the law practice. The California lemon law act applies to defective motor vehicles as well as motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles (RV's) and even to appliances and any other consumer product sold with a warranty. Lemon Law practice and claims have increased considerably in California in the past several years.
Getting a Refund on Your Defective Vehicle
If you want the best representation and you feel you should receive a replacement or a refund for a lemon vehicle, motorcycle, boat or recreational vehicle (RV), and you are located in California - Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County or Ventura County, we can help you with your lemon law claim.

River918
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I had the worst luck ever when it came to two vehicles and a Gearbox toyhauler we purchased a few years ago. We hired a lawyer to handle the Ford buy back and it took about 6 months to handle. When it can time to take care of my Trailblazer I simply filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and GM settled on a buyback within two weeks. I would suggest going through the BBB first, then do the lawyer route. The BBB can also help you locate a lawyer if need be. If not, Finding a lawyer is simple; simply do a google search and several will pop up. I would reccomend mine, but he was an idiot....Good luck

Focker
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
lemon law does not apply to boats!!!!!!!!!!
the web sites are attorney driven sites. they cannot use the lemon law but they will sue for you.
What kind of vehicles are covered under state and federal laws?
The California Lemon Law (The Tanner Consumer Protection Act) covers new motor vehicles such as cars, vans, SUV's, and trucks with a gross vehicle weight of under 10,000 pounds. It also covers the chassis, chassis cab, and that portion of a motor home devoted to its propulsion, but does not include any portion designed, used, or maintained primarily for human habitation.
However, if a consumer has problems with a motorcycle, a boat, a used car purchased with a manufacturer's new car warranty, a pre-owned certified vehicle, the coach portion of a motor home, a truck with a gross vehicle weight of over 10,000 pounds, we may still be able to help under California case law and other relevant state and federal statutes.

Ike
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you a member of BOATUS? Even if you're not, they offer a consumer service that attempts to resolve these types of disputes. Contact them. http://my.boatus.com/consumer/

al03sc
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Call David Farrell at Barnes and Farrell in Laguna Hills @ (800)298-4117
http://www.lemonlaw-attorneys.com/
I used him for a claim against Ford as did 3 coworker with their cars - Chevy, Buick, Infinity. My friend had an ongoing issue with his boat and David said he would be able to assist.
It doesn't hurt to make a phone.

boatsnblondes
07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Lemon Laws do apply, but good luck finding and Attorney...I hear they are all busy suing Katchina......:D :D :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I have used this firm in LA he has done a few of my trucks. His firm is Delsack and Associates his number is 888-395-3666 best of luck.