PDA

View Full Version : I'VE BEEN ROBBED!

126driver
11-27-2002, 12:42 PM
I get to our construction yard early this morning and find a big-ass hole in the gate. Some bastard went through all of our worktrucks and took power tools, got into the tool crib and took some of the mechanic's tools, but to top it off, they get in my race trailer! :mad: :mad: The boat wasn't in there, but they took a bunch of big stuff: bench grinder, portable floor jack, drills, grinder, DA, etc. Didn't mess with the small hand tools, I can't believe they didn't take my tool boxes, but they went through them and selected stuff: torque wrench, timing light, valve spring tool, etc. What really pisses me off is they took a never-ran race distributor. Like they can turn that for quick cash. :mad: :mad: The brand-new spare carb was sitting on one of the workbenches like they finally got tired of taking my shit and didn't feel like making one more trip to the hole in the fence. We have razor wire on the fence, floodlights in the yard, alarmed gates and motion detectors in the buildings. Lot of help that did, they didn't mess with the buildings.
I just checked to see what kind of mess the cops made. There's black fingerprint powder all over my white cabinets and the stuff is like etched into the paint and tiny surface cracks. It's not coming off. :mad:
Oh. The bastards also took a couple bottles of tequilla, Crown Royal and Jim Beam. I can't even drown my sorrows! Well, maybe I can; I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off and have a few pitchers.

Kindsvater Flat
11-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Dude that sucks. Feel sorry for you. Hopefully its all insured.

HM
11-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Sorry, man! :mad: :mad:

Morg
11-27-2002, 01:20 PM
SON OF A BITCH!!!!
That just pisses me off to no end. I could not imagine what it is doing to you.
Lazzy ass mother f%$ckers, Lay around collect gov't f*^cking checks, Aint worht a S*!t, Think the world owe's you F%&cking everything.
BASTIGES!!

GofastRacer
11-27-2002, 01:25 PM
126, let me know if I can be of any help!!.. :mad:

missilemud
11-27-2002, 02:33 PM
is crime that bad out west?126 sorry for your loss. all that and no cameras?i have my place wired for sound,movment and video. it cost altle but you save in the end,plus you have their faces to match to your fist. :mad: :mad: :mad:

sgdiv7
11-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear that Scott, hope the cops get something from the prints.

126driver
11-27-2002, 03:40 PM
sgdiv7:
Sorry to hear that Scott, hope the cops get something from the prints.Yeah. My luck they'll arrest my crew chief. :rolleyes:

Jordy
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Damn Scott, sorry to hear it man. Hopefully they catch the fockers who are responsible for it. :mad:

hack job
11-27-2002, 04:15 PM
iam sorry you lost all of your tools! :mad: i know how that goes ( pretty sure we all have had some thing stolen :mad: ) any how let us know if there is any way we can help you out! frown
[ November 27, 2002, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

blondie#1
11-27-2002, 05:43 PM
Sorry Dude to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully you'll catch the jerks who did this. The guy from FVDA lost his whole boat at Moses Lake this year. It did show back up. Unfortunately he only has a hull. Hopefully you'll have better luck in finding your stuff. Try and have a good Thanksgiving anyway. It could of been worse I guess. :mad:

BigBoyToys
11-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that Scott. If they catch the thief(s) and they find your bench grinder, I have a couple of ideas what can be done to the thief......oh yeah, and that valve spring tool....
I hope they recover it for ya soon.
[ November 27, 2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangster
11-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Nothin' worse than a ****in' Thief..Pardon my French.. And excuse me Ladies for being a Potty Mouth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...

Rexone
11-27-2002, 06:54 PM
Sangster:
Nothin' worse than a ****in' Thief..Pardon my French.. And excuse me Ladies for being a Potty Mouth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...Ditto frown

Eric455
11-27-2002, 06:56 PM
if you need me to blow their heads off with a basebal bat let me know i got a 380lb buddy that can knock his head off....
sorry bud
eric

BigBoyToys
11-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Rexone:
Sangster:
Nothin' worse than a ****in' Thief..Pardon my French.. And excuse me Ladies for being a Potty Mouth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...Ditto :(Double Ditto

K3-River-Rat
11-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey Scott I am VERY SORRY to hear another "hard working man" who has busted his ASS to EARN what he has in life was another VICTIM of being "ripped off" by yet "another" LOW LIFE SCUM BAG with NO RESPECT WHAT SO EVER for people who WORK for EVERYTHING they have :mad: I know if I were you I would be PISSED OFF to NO END :mad: I came back here to read this a second time before I posted... Sounds to ME from what you DID post that you "probably" KNOW the person(s) who did this wink They MUST have KNOW exactly what was alarmed and what wasn't since they knew better than to actually "open" the gate..so they cut a hole in the fencing (on the gate itself too yet right?)"then" they only went into places that wouldn't trip any type of security devices and picked & choosed "what" they wanted to steal.. Have you fired any employees lately?? Maybe had somebody "quit" possibly on bad terms?? How about somebody hanging around or was in & out of your place enough to "learn" what had alarms and what didn't that may have given you the impression they were a little on the "shady" side?? I'm sure with being as pissed off as you are/were you may not have thought about any "suspects" yet.. But it seems they knew your place fairly well.. Just thought I give you some things to think about (if you haven't already) When you DO catch them..Do me a FAVOR close the left eye for K3 wink GOOD LUCK I "HOPE" you catch the son of a bitch(s)

Kurtis500
11-27-2002, 09:23 PM
126, what part of town is your yard in?

DUCKY
11-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Scott, real sorry to hear that, man. I AM SO SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILL PEOPLE START TO UNDERSTAND TO LEAVE OTHER PEOPLES SHIT ALONE!!!
Screw it, I am on my way to Havasu....
I did like the commment about the bench grinder and valve spring tool, though....OUCH!!!!! :mad:

126driver
12-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on what to do if the guy(s) caught. But they won't get caught. F'n thieves never get caught it seems. And you're all right. We haven't fired anyone recently, but it was either someone that works for us, used to work for us, or knows someone who works for us that discussed our security. They see what the boss has and they think they don't make enough so they steal the shit. I wish I didn't even have my stuff down at work for that very reason but the trailer is too big to keep at the house. Same bastards that cry poverty and low pay are the ones that never pull 40 hrs because they miss days.
Anyways, I spent yesterday trying to clean everything up. Especially that black fingerprint crap that is all over my cabinets. Looks like if I wax the cabinets that embedded black stuff will clean. Next time I think I'll tell the cops to forget trying to get fingerprints, it isn't worth the hassle.
And I had a blowout on my truck driving down the freeway Saturday night, I ran into a huge hornet's nest under my eave while putting up Christmas lights, nearly fell off the ladder and broke a bunch of bulbs trying to get the hell out of there, and finally my wife crashed on a mountain bike yesterday afternoon and we think she fractured her elbow. She's at the doc this morning.
How was everyone else's weekend? :confused: :( :mad:

Morg
12-02-2002, 09:19 AM
126driver:
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on what to do if the guy(s) caught. But they won't get caught. F'n thieves never get caught it seems. And you're all right. We haven't fired anyone recently, but it was either someone that works for us, used to work for us, or knows someone who works for us that discussed our security. They see what the boss has and they think they don't make enough so they steal the shit. I wish I didn't even have my stuff down at work for that very reason but the trailer is too big to keep at the house. Same bastards that cry poverty and low pay are the ones that never pull 40 hrs because they miss days.
Anyways, I spent yesterday trying to clean everything up. Especially that black fingerprint crap that is all over my cabinets. Looks like if I wax the cabinets that embedded black stuff will clean. Next time I think I'll tell the cops to forget trying to get fingerprints, it isn't worth the hassle.
And I had a blowout on my truck driving down the freeway Saturday night, I ran into a huge hornet's nest under my eave while putting up Christmas lights, nearly fell off the ladder and broke a bunch of bulbs trying to get the hell out of there, and finally my wife crashed on a mountain bike yesterday afternoon and we think she fractured her elbow. She's at the doc this morning.
How was everyone else's weekend? :confused: :( :mad: Dude,
Stay in bed. Don't leave the house. Sorry to here about all the bad luck. Hope it turns around soon. & hope the wife's elbow is O.K.
Speaking of having a good weekend. My wife & I went up in the hills yesterday to get a christmas tree. My buddy cruized over some snow with his 1/2 ton. Then my 3/4 ton diesel broke through the crust & dug in. Once I stopped digging myself in, I could spin all 4 wheels by hand. After three hours of trying to dig the truck out. & breaking my tow strap with my buddies truck, I called the tow truck. 1-1/2 hours later, He chokked the rear wheels & hooked onto my truck. He lifted his front tires off the ground trying to pull. He had to hook up to a tree in front of him to get me out. Once he got me out, Their was a perfect inprint of the bottom of my truck in the snow.
Anyway the tree cutting permit cost $10 bucks. & the tow truck cost $160 bucks.
Merry Christmas. :D :D
Morg

126driver
12-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Morg - misery loves company. :D $170 is a little pricey for a tree, isn't it? wink

Morg
12-02-2002, 09:34 AM
126driver:
Morg - misery loves company. :D $170 is a little pricey for a tree, isn't it? wink Merry Flipp'n Christmas.
I keep thinking what I could have gotten for the boat with that $160.

superdave013
12-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Scott, Sorry to hear about all of that. People who steal should hang from a rope.
Sorry to hear about the wife too. Mine did the same thing a few years ago and broke an arm. Now she knows I can vacuum and do dishes!

Stab-n-Steer
12-03-2002, 07:49 AM
126driver:
How was everyone else's weekend? :confused: :( :mad: This sounds like a new Chevy Chase movie - "Thanksgiving Vacation"!
I have a spare refrigerator to donate to the cause if that will help... just needs a quick cleaning. :D
Seriously, I am totally bummed about what those bustards did. I have been ripped off before and there's no worse feeling when you realize what happened. I remember walking into my shop some years ago and wondering where my toolboxes were. How come the boat motor is missing all the shinny parts? And where are the gages and steering wheel??? It sucks. In this case, we knew who did it and could do nothing about it. It's amazing how the criminals have all the "rights". And the lawyers that defend these scumbags are even worse...
I know this sounds hollow right now but things could always be worse.
I hope your Christmas get's better.
Take care,
S&S

126driver
12-03-2002, 09:44 AM
S & S - thanks bro. Yeah, it could've been worse. They could have got my blender! :D

78Eliminator
12-03-2002, 09:48 AM
Man, when I read this I actually got sick to my stomach. When and if they get caught, I;m sure they'll do all of 30 days in lockup with free cable tv and three emals that we all pay for. It would have been nice to catch them in the act with a duece goose....

Stab-n-Steer
12-03-2002, 10:37 AM
126driver:
S & S - thanks bro. Yeah, it could've been worse. They could have got my blender! :D Now that's the humor I'm use to! :D
Hang in there man...
S&S

126driver
12-03-2002, 11:21 AM
78Eliminator:
Man, when I read this I actually got sick to my stomach. When and if they get caught, I;m sure they'll do all of 30 days in lockup with free cable tv and three emals that we all pay for. It would have been nice to catch them in the act with a duece goose....Several years ago, some dumbass stole my dually early one morning.
http://www.dangerousaddiction.com/images/jpegs/equip_side.jpg
My dad sees the guy driving it that afternoon about ten miles away from my house! Long story short, the cops chase him, he crashes into a van and gets caught. The judge releases him O/R, he skips and gets recaught a year later. Eventually goes to jail. He owes us restitution of $22K, and just recently I started getting checks via the prison every 5 to 9 weeks for ten bucks or so. I take great satisfaction in thinking that it is a tremendous pain in the ass for that guy to have to give up ten bucks of his pay which is probably .25/hr or so. Maybe not, but that's my dream and I'm clinging to it!

396_Z
12-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Just a side note.
I drive a tow truck now and then (I drove one F/T for 3 years) and from experience I can tell you it takes about 8k lbs of line tension to get the front to lift on a 1 ton truck. Of course thats when I knew I was pulling hard... I have a great polaroid of me with a semi wrecker front end 4' in the air.