PDA

View Full Version : Hot Audio System (stolen)

4mula357
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I had the boat parked off the street at the side of the house we rented this week. The area seemed like a pretty good, safe area (N. Hava). I was wrong. I went out Sunday morning to find the audio system gone.
Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3
2 JL 12" Subs
2 MB Quart 6.5
2 MB Quart 2" Tweeters
1 JL 500 Watt Amp
1Clarion 320 Watt Amp
I don't expect to see it again. Filed report with LHCPD and my Ins.
BUT, I thought someone my come across a good deal on stero parts or someone knows someone that just got a new system this last weekend.
I guess most of us take pride in working hard for what we have, and then there are others that are proud of what they can get for FREE.

lalhc
07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Major bummer - what street were you on? I have a house on the N. Side of town and have never had any problems (knock on wood).

Titan7
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
That sucks dude, I was on the South side of Havi in my friends driveway and somebody took a large rock and put a big dent in the hood of my SUV and broke one of the headlights. WTF???
Really makes me wonder about people. Sorry about your system, that sucks!

Not So Fast
07-10-2007, 06:42 AM
That sucks dude, I was on the South side of Havi in my friends driveway and somebody took a large rock and put a big dent in the hood of my SUV and broke one of the headlights. WTF???
Really makes me wonder about people. Sorry about your system, that sucks!
I have read about some teenagers on the southside (14-15 yr) that are raising hell doing very destructive stuff to EVERTHING in sight!!:idea: NSF

AZJD
07-10-2007, 06:53 AM
I had the boat parked off the street at the side of the house we rented this week. The area seemed like a pretty good, safe area (N. Hava). I was wrong. I went out Sunday morning to find the audio system gone.
Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3
2 JL 12" Subs
2 MB Quart 6.5
2 MB Quart 2" Tweeters
1 JL 500 Watt Amp
1Clarion 320 Watt Amp
BUT, I thought someone my come across a good deal on stero parts or someone knows someone that just got a new system this last weekend.
I guess most of us take pride in working hard for what we have, and then there are others that are proud of what they can get for FREE.
That blows..............nothing worse than thieves!
Some assholes stole my 2 ice chests from the back of my truck 2 weekends ago in havi and the cops caught them, arrested them and are prosecuting them.
Oh, they also gave me the names of the guys.....:D Have been thinking of putting them up here but not sure yet......:idea:

Jyruiz
07-10-2007, 07:01 AM
That really sucks, hope they find the bastards who did it.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2007, 07:05 AM
That sucks, My buddy had his ripped off over the weekend as well....

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 07:12 AM
wow that sucks:(
sorry to hear of all the shait that has happened to everyone
thanks for the heads up also,
of all this shait going on:(
we will start being more careful
maybe it was just the big weekend
if anyone else had some shait happen, during a non holiday weekend
let us all know:(

Not So Fast
07-10-2007, 07:20 AM
wow that sucks:(
sorry to hear of all the shait that has happened to everyone
thanks for the heads up also,
of all this shait going on:(
we will start being more careful
maybe it was just the big weekend
if anyone else had some shait happen, during a non holiday weekend
let us all know:(
You should subscribe to the local newspaper for info, most dont hear about these things but it's becoming more and more frequent. NSF

jbtrailerjim
07-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3
2 JL 12" Subs
2 MB Quart 6.5
2 MB Quart 2" Tweeters
1 JL 500 Watt Amp
1Clarion 320 Watt Amp
Man, that sucks.:mad: Sorry about your system getting swiped. I'm renting a house on the southside of town this weekend for four days. This isn't making me feel to good about leaving my boat parked outside all night. :(

4mula357
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Kilrtoy,
Where was your buddy's boat park? I was staying right off N. Palo Verde/95.
Wonder if it was same area.

4mula357
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
The other funny thing about this ordeal, they found my tool box, used my tools and left the box and tools lay when they where done. Took none of the booze, (6) liter bottles, bonoculars on the counter and money in the cup holder. Nothing was disturbed other than stereo components.
I will be installing an alarm system next and attaching it to my air horn. If Iam not around, the neighbors will be sure to hear something going on.

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 08:36 AM
You should subscribe to the local newspaper for info, most dont hear about these things but it's becoming more and more frequent. NSF
wonder if the would sent me the newspaper to cali? J/K
i think the build up of newspaper might piss off the neighbors:(

Baja Big Dog
07-10-2007, 08:40 AM
That blows..............nothing worse than thieves!
Some assholes stole my 2 ice chests from the back of my truck 2 weekends ago in havi and the cops caught them, arrested them and are prosecuting them.
Oh, they also gave me the names of the guys.....:D Have been thinking of putting them up here but not sure yet......:idea:
Ahhh go ahead, the public needs to know....

Hardly Satisfied
07-10-2007, 09:48 AM
That Sucks, Sorry to hear.

SJP
07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Kilrtoy,
Where was your buddy's boat park? I was staying right off N. Palo Verde/95.
Wonder if it was same area.
Lake or Mountain Side of the highway? I am off the Mountain side of North Palo Verde and am starting to get sketched - After hearing about those kids breaking and entering while people where in the house a couple of weeks ago I have been looking over my shoulder.

Brewzed
07-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Same thing happened to my buddy a couple years back in the Howard Johnson parking lot. Took about 4K worth of stereo equipment, generator, booze, wake board, basically everything on board. Insurance paid, but he was cancelled a couple weeks later.
This is why I put my boat back in storage every night when I get off the lake.
I don't even leave it in front of my house out there anymore.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Major cross streets
95 and industrial

Quest4Fun
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your Audio system being stolen. There has been more thefts in Havasu lately, and it always seems to go up around a holiday. I remember one of the quotes in the paper from a LEO saying that gangs from So. Cal, Phoenix and Vegas take vacations too, just like other folks so crime tends to go up around holidays. Not saying thats the case here but I found what he said interesting.

HALLETT BOY
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3
2 JL 12" Subs
2 MB Quart 6.5
2 MB Quart 2" Tweeters
1 JL 500 Watt Amp
1Clarion 320 Watt Amp
Last summer , my stereo system was stolen out of my boat at the Ramada express
in Laughlin, I now have a strong cover and an alarm system...my question is :
where and who is buying all the used stereo equipment ???

Smokin Joe
07-10-2007, 02:08 PM
What is Havasu turning into? a hot bed for thieving opportunists and crack heads? don't remember ever worrying about my boat in the past or has this type of problem been on the rise? I have not been to Havasu in four years just stay in Parker. I do hear of storage unit break-ins in Parker lately, I guess we need to keep vigilant where ever we go.
joe