PDA

View Full Version : Please help celibrate a life, Byron Bronson

SnakeWrench
07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Byron Bronson was a great friend to many of us and he did what he did because of his love for the lifestyle we call boating. He was a giving man and in most cases gave without expecting anything in return.
Please come and celibrate his life with us. Byron requested that he not have a funeral, so instead, there will be a party of sorts to celibrate his life, a life that brought so many together.
It will be this Saturday from 11-2 pm, at the SCMA office in Orange, Ca.
Please come by and have some drinks, and show your appreciation for Byron Bronson.
The address of the SCMA office is:
Southern California Marine Association
1006 E. Chapman ave
Orange Ca 92886
Please take the time to stop by, it would mean alot to his friends and family.
Thank you.

Rexone
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Did you mean Byron Bronson or is this for someone else ?
I took the liberty of correcting it. I'm sure Byron would be appreciative. :)
RIP Byron.

SnakeWrench
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for correcting it. I was typing and talking.

SnakeWrench
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
July 9, 2007
To All SCMA Members, Friends and Associates of Byron Bronson;
It is with a heavy heart and sadness that I announce the passing of Byron Bronson.
Byron passed away this morning. He died at Western Medical Center in Tustin of complications from cancer and congestive heart failure.
For those of you who were fortunate enough to know Byron, understand what a loss this is, not only personally but professionally as well. Byron was the consummate coach and supported so many causes in his humble and loving manner.
We will be celebrating Byron’s life this Saturday, July 14, with an open house from 11 am until 2 pm at the SCMA office. Come join us for food and drink in remembering our dear friend.
RSVP to SCMA if you can – we hope you will join us!
Our office is located 1 mile west of the 55 freeway, 1 mile east of the Old Town Orange Circle. We are on the corner of Chapman and Waverly.
Sincerely,
Dave Geoffroy
on behalf of the Bronson Family

GBarron97
07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Byron was a great friend to me and my race teams. When he called me some years ago and asked if I thought it was a good idea for him to take the S.C.M.A. job, I simply answered. "If you believe your friendships are stronger than money"
That statement was a sort of inside joke with both of us. Many years ago(before most of you were around) we both went broke about every two weeks. And our friendship lasted through money, through other sad events, through his wifes demise, as well as mine, and through enough good times to keep my memories full of laughter.
It was great to get that phone call every once in a while, "You still alive?" He'd ask. Then we'd laugh.
As I get older, many of my old friends are passing away. I miss them all, but Byron, even though he could have a mean streak,(none of you saw that part, sorry Joel) remained one of my truest friends. No matter what was happening.
I regret to say that I will not be able to attend the get together, but Joel, Byron will always be part of what makes me who I am, I will miss him, and pray that the tears I shed now, and the pain in my chest subsides after time, but pray that I will always remember, and cherish Byron Bronson.
Rest in peace my friend, The lord has it from here. Safe home.
GB

SnakeWrench
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Just a reminder, if you can attend, please take the time, even if it's just a few minutes.
Thank you.