i do kinda drop them alot...:(
anyways...
i need a new one
i want it small, and it to have that stabilizer SHAIT:D
AND well, i dont know.... a good one
any suggestions?

Jyruiz
07-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and use the wrist strap.

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and use the wrist strap.
THANKS
i will check that one out

yopengo
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
We have the Olympus C-60. Small, light, easy...and bullet proof. :D
It takes great pictures.

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
We have the Olympus C-60. Small, light, easy...and bullet proof. :D
It takes great pictures.
does it have the stabilizer? i hate burry pics:D

yopengo
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
does it have the stabilizer? i hate burry pics:D
yes, we use it on the boat all the time.

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
yes, we use it on the boat all the time.
i will check that on out too
i just hate to go on line for that research shait

Hardly Satisfied
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
heck, i have went thur 4 digital camara's in the last 7 months
anyways...
i need a new one
any suggestions?
Let Fernando take all the pictures :D

bohica
07-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Best thing I bought for my digital is a waterproof case. Camera goes inside the hard plastic case, and you still have use of all controls of the camera. It floats, so we just toss it in the water and take pitures thru out the day. Also works great in the sand enviroment. I'd go thru 2 or 3 a season out in the sand.

Chipster27
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I had a real nice Nikon, spent a couple hundred for it and dropped it in the lake. Bought a Sony with an underwater housing (that floats :D ) and really like it but you have to use the Sony memory sticks and the Sony batteries. The mem stick isn't too bad (except you can't use it in other stuff), but the battery is a hassle. You have to remember to bring a second battery or the charger. I have been on trips and forgotten both. With a dead battery the camera is no good :mad:
I then bought another Nikon Coolpix L3 (because I liked the first one so much). It was cheap and the pics are OK, not the best, and in low light they SUCK.
So, my recommendation is to buy a camera that uses AA batteries (you can ALWAYS find batteries) and a generic memory card.
Good luck!

EmpirE231
07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
shoot I think the camera we have is an olympus?? it is shock proof.. can be dropped from up to 5 feet, and water proof in 5ft of water... then newer one I think can go down to 15ft of water.
this is it right here
http://www.imaging-resource.com/EVENTS/PMAS06/1138253342.html

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Let Fernando take all the pictures :D
lol
hubby wont
boo

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 10:12 AM
shoot I think the camera we have is an olympus?? it is shock proof.. can be dropped from up to 5 feet, and water proof in 5ft of water... then newer one I think can go down to 15ft of water.
this is it right here
thats what i need!

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Best thing I bought for my digital is a waterproof case. Camera goes inside the hard plastic case, and you still have use of all controls of the camera. It floats, so we just toss it in the water and take pitures thru out the day. Also works great in the sand enviroment. I'd go thru 2 or 3 a season out in the sand.
sounds good but who would put it in the case?
we can never remember where the camara is
i think we wouldnt know where the case was either
we really suck with things like that:(

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I had a real nice Nikon, spent a couple hundred for it and dropped it in the lake. Bought a Sony with an underwater housing (that floats :D ) and really like it but you have to use the Sony memory sticks and the Sony batteries. The mem stick isn't too bad (except you can't use it in other stuff), but the battery is a hassle. You have to remember to bring a second battery or the charger. I have been on trips and forgotten both. With a dead battery the camera is no good :mad:
I then bought another Nikon Coolpix L3 (because I liked the first one so much). It was cheap and the pics are OK, not the best, and in low light they SUCK.
So, my recommendation is to buy a camera that uses AA batteries (you can ALWAYS find batteries) and a generic memory card.
Good luck!
we have the nikkon L3 and the L5, then another nikkon L5 with more pixel
and a fuji maybe i will sent them all in to be fixed and get a new one for now
and get a coulpe of them cases
one for sand and the water
anyone know when to sent camaras to get fixed?

boatnaked
07-10-2007, 10:34 AM
heck, i have went thur 4 digital camara's in the last 7 months
anyways...
i need a new one
any suggestions?
I have the same problem with cameras, 4 cameras in 2 years (dropped - kicked - abused - pool - lake) so what ever camera you decide on buy a warranty, bought one from here http://www.inkleys.com/ part of the Ritzcamera company, a 2 year warranty was $32 free replacement as long as it's not lost or burned. with the way I treat cameras it will be well worth the $32!

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I have the same problem with cameras, 4 cameras in 2 years (dropped - kicked - abused - pool - lake) so what ever camera you decide on buy a warranty, bought one from here http://www.inkleys.com/ part of the Ritzcamera company, a 2 year warranty was $32 free replacement as long as it's not lost or burned. with the way I treat cameras it will be well worth the $32!
thats what i like to here!!!
i had that same plan, now that i think about it
with a non digital camera from back in the day
thanks for reminding me:)
so, where should i sent the 4 i have now? the are all less than a year old
2 were gifts, so no warrenty
one was to complicated ...we never used it, except a few times on the rhino runs :( (the sand caused it to stop working)
and this new one is just a few weeks old... (damn if i didnt drop it)i was thinking of buying the same one, and returning the old one :mad: lol
i used it twice:(
funny how i never drop my beer:confused:
oh yea:rolleyes: its gone in 1 drink :devil:

boatnaked
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM
thats what i like to here!!!
i had that same plan, now that i think about it
with a non digital camera from back in the day
thanks for reminding me:)
so, where should i sent the 4 i have now? the are all less than a year old
2 were gifts, so no warrentyone was to complicated ...we never used it, except a few times on the rhino runs :( (the sand caused it to stop working)
and this new one is just a few weeks old... (damn if i didnt drop it)i was thinking of buying the same one, and returning the old one :mad: lol
i used it twice:(
funny how i never drop my beer:confused:
oh yea:rolleyes: its gone in 1 drink :devil:
I have ruined a Pentax, Nikon and 2 Kodax's, the Pentax went in the pool and they wanted $149 to fix, the Kodax's were ruined one at Lake Powell the other at the sand dunes, minimum to fix $124, Nikon I didn't even bother to check on, didn't fix any of them, just bought new ones, I have a Nikon L11 and a Kodax C360 right now, I use the kodax for play, great battery life and good pictures, Nikon for the better pictures! O- Inkleys were just clearing out the Kodax's for $70 use to be $199

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I have ruined a Pentax, Nikon and 2 Kodax's, the Pentax went in the pool and they wanted $149 to fix, the Kodax's were ruined one at Lake Powell the other at the sand dunes, minimum to fix $124, Nikon I didn't even bother to check on, didn't fix any of them, just bought new ones, I have a Nikon L11 and a Kodax C360 right now, I use the kodax for play, great battery life and good pictures, Nikon for the better pictures! O- Inkleys were just clearing out the Kodax's for $70 use to be $199
yea i am planning on getting a new one
cus knows how long the other ones will be gone in the shop, getting fixed since the were gifts, i dont mind paying to get them fixed
plus, i hate trying to figure out how to work the new cameras:confused:
so ya know when to send a few digital cameras? i was hoping for a place where i could just send them all...
i am suppose to go today to get a new phone, and get the camera
i hate shopping
and i dont feel good
i am sooo sick ,and want to stay in bed till i am better:(

ULTRA21XS
07-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I have had a few canon cameras and had very good luck with them...then again I try not to drop them...They are a good price.....They also offer a waterproof cover....Good luck with your quest.....:)
www.n-style.com

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
this is it right here
well, i woke back up from my nap;)
checking this one out :jawdrop: it said no image stablizer
boo

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
where tofix?
where where
i would send them out to be fixed, just for the head ache of not having to figure out another camera
and buy a new :)

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
:( I have had a few canon cameras and had very good luck with them...then again I try not to drop them...They are a good price.....They also offer a waterproof cover....Good luck with your quest.....:)
:(
i try not to drop them too
along with trying not to drink
BUT
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u163/TonyFelony/beer.jpg
www.n-style.com

Jyruiz
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I have yet to ruin a digital camera at the river/lake, but rule of thumb is, always put the camera back in its case as soon as you are done taking pictures. It is a pain at first to be getting it in and out of the case, but now it is second nature and seems to work for us.

ULTRA21XS
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Try the Canon at the top of the page.....They are very small and easy to use

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I have yet to ruin a digital camera at the river/lake, but rule of thumb is, always put the camera back in its case as soon as you are done taking pictures. It is a pain at first to be getting it in and out of the case, but now it is second nature and seems to work for us.
thats when it gets dropped :( trying to put it away
if i just set it down, then its all good;)
unless it walks away
but, so far that hasnt happened

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Try the Canon at the top of the page.....They are very small and easy to use
does it have an image stabilizer?

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
heck, i just got back
from circut city, and i told the guy what i wanted
i asked about the cameras you guys mentioned;)
this is the one the guy said had the stuff i wanted:confused:
panasonic DMC-TZ3
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/mycamera.jpg
so i got it:) yep, there it is
the only feature i didnt like was the battery
i know someone warned me, to make sure the batteries were the AA type
but the guy said
this will last for about 300 pics
it is a li-ion type battery with a recharger
boo :(
so i bought extra batteries and chargers
hopfully it will work out
:D first thing i did was put the strap handle on it:D
good looking out
see how long this last:(
i hate shopping
i was to tired to get the phone
i am still sooo sick:cry:
well, thanks peeps for the help
but... i still want to send the other ones out if anyone know where to send them
:D

Baja Big Dog
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Good buy..just get a leash for your neck, and one for the camera!!!!:D

EAZYKILLER2006
07-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Good buy..just get a leash for your neck, and one for the camera!!!!:D
you know thats not a bad idea
oh, i just want to know if i did good
cus we were in a hurry, and i am still sick
had to get back to bed:(
i have 14 days to exchange