PDA

View Full Version : Norco - Antidote

Faceaz
07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Anybody got a cure for getting off Norco (weaker Vicodin). I've been on it since I broke my leg 5 months ago. Doctor says it's not good to stay on it, but I'm hating trying to get off of it. I weeded it down to very small doses before going completely off, but it still sucks.

phebus
07-11-2007, 05:09 AM
With four back surgeries in two years, I was on major painkillers (Vicodin, Morphine, Oxycontin, etc.) for almost three years. It is a bitch to get off them and you feel like a caged animal. I just wanted my quality of life back so bad, I just made up my mind that there was no way I would take another pain pill. I'm sure I was a pain in the ass to live with, but was determined to kick them.
So, all I can say, is be strong and determined to reach your goal of being pill free.

TAF
07-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Ask Topless, she's lived there for a while now:eek: :sqeyes: :)
:D
Good luck w/ your recovery. I've heard it can be a bear. Be thankful it's not the crap that gets you killed or thrown in jail.

THOR
07-11-2007, 06:36 AM
I take some for my back every now and then. But, from what I have heard, you need to get off of them by weening yourself. Narcotics are like anything else, even alcohol. Hangover are mere withdrawls. Norco (hydrocodone) are the same.

Baja Big Dog
07-11-2007, 06:52 AM
I paced myself off the shit with Ibuprofeno (Mexican for Motrin). I take 2400 mg a day, and gradualy drop the Norco down.
Everyone handles addictions differently, what works for me may not work for Bill, or Bob, or Suzie...
The shit is a demon:mad: , and a saint!!!:D

rrrr
07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I had four knee surgeries in 10 weeks late last year, infection problems. Eating Vico like candy. One day I just said eff it, no more. Just decided they were keeping me from healing up. It took a couple of months to settle down, still would like to have some for the bad days.
Give your wife or girlfriend the bottle and ask her to discuss dispensing them every time you want one. Does it really hurt? Can you wait a while? How about half of a tab? Support is the key for this kind of thing.
Good luck.

THOR
07-11-2007, 07:19 AM
How much are we talking here? 2-3 at a time? 6-8 per day? More? Less?
I take a half every now and then. I dont think that is too much. I had a friend that was hooked and ate about 8 per day. Unbelievable.