PDA

View Full Version : Powell house boat question

Music to my Ears
07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Phebus was telling me about using Bashas in Paige for online food ordering and delivery to the houseboat. It sounds as though Rick andf Linda had good luck with this service but I'm curious if any others have used them and what kind of experience you had. Do they let you know in advance if they don't have some items, and what happens if you get out there and find out something is missing. Also, any idea on their priceing in comparison to purchasing from Costco? We certainly don't mind spending more for the service but have some reservations, so any input is appreciated!:)
Rick, thanks again for your help this morning with my trailer. Really enjoyed hanging with you and Linda yesterday. :)

24sleekenforcer
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I have never used them but here are some links to some folks that have hope it helps.
http://blogs.water-data.com/showthread.php?t=370
http://www.wayneswords.com/cgi-bin/wwlprecreation.pl?read=21595

BajaMike
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
For fresh food (vegies and salad and bread and buns) thats probably a good idea, but I prefer to have all the meat, chicken and fish frozen in advance. The refrigerators on the house boats usually aren't cold when you get the boat, and they take about 24 hours to cool off and to freeze anything.
I go to Costco in advance, buy plenty of hotdogs, pre-formed hamburgers, bacon, lunch meet, chicken filets, and fish, and if it's not frozen, freeze it in your fridge at home. The day you leave, put all the frozen food in the bottom of a great big white ice chest, cover that with a couple cases of frozen bottled water, and cover that with ice.
You'll need another great big ice chest for the beer and soda and water and ice. Then have Bashas deliver the buns, bread, chips, vegies, milk and ice (you can never have too much) and you are off.
You'll still need to go to Dangling Rope a few times for ice and beer, but I swear that marina is the hottest place on earth.....so don't stay there long!
:idea:

NdaWind
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
We like to get early boarding and go shopping the night before but this year we could not get it so we used Bashas delivery for only meats veggies and fruits. The web site was easy to use and acually I called to ask a question and the lady was very personable and helpfull - great customer service there. We picked our time slot and they were there 15 minutes into the 1,5 hour slot. We were ahead of schedule and we had called to see where they were and someone actually knew what was going on and exactly where they were on the delivery. They quickly went through the entire order check off list and even helped put it away. We were very impressed. We would have ordered everything for delivery except they had 10% charge of the entire bill on top of the delivery charge.

BajaMike
07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
We like to get early boarding and go shopping the night before but this year we could not get it so we used Bashas delivery for only meats veggies and fruits. The web site was easy to use and acually I called to ask a question and the lady was very personable and helpfull - great customer service there. We picked our time slot and they were there 15 minutes into the 1,5 hour slot. We were ahead of schedule and we had called to see where they were and someone actually knew what was going on and exactly where they were on the delivery. They quickly went through the entire order check off list and even helped put it away. We were very impressed. We would have ordered everything for delivery except they had 10% charge of the entire bill on top of the delivery charge.
Wow, that sounds like great service. Every way to simplify things out there is well worth a few dollars.

franky
07-10-2007, 09:13 PM
It is the greatest, let them lug it around. Think about it, you go to the store, load it in the truck, take it home, store it in the garage for a couple days, load it in the truck, unload it at Page, carry it down the dock or load it in the boat, unload it at the houseboat. F@ck that sh@t, for the 10% they charge have at it, I will pay. Party on,
It works great. They unload it and you say "hey where are the limes..." they are back in 20 minutes with them.
DO IT!!!

franky
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Yep they got it down. And make sure you also tip the peeps. Really worth it.

bohica
07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
We use Basha's for all the meat & main food stuff. The girls went to the SuperWalmart up there this year and bought a bunch of snacks & drinks. Since the boat we go out on is a launch & retrieve boat kept on Haul Road right up from Walmart, it's easy.

Music to my Ears
07-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all of the replys. I appreciate the insight. Sounds like a great service and worth the additional expense.

NdaWind
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
F@ck that sh@t, for the 10% they charge have at it, I will pay. Party on,
Actually I it was $65.00 plus 10% of your order, Since it was our first time using them we figured we would just but non pershibles the night before. We had no way of keeping the cold foods cold in the Wawheep Lodge that night. Definately will use them again.

NdaWind
07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
If your going to be at Powell the day before you can do all your paper work then up te hill. That way you can go staight to the docks the morning of your rental. Also be there BEFORE they open or you will be standing in a line for small boats and jet ski dailey rentals. No since in burning daylight while your on the clock.