PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Shores, Martinez & Fishers Landing

kap
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
HELLO to All Our Lower Colorado Members on ***boat:
I just wanted to start a thread were we can all post info on.
Who's going and when, any meeting spots, condition of water level, sandbars, Horseshoe tournaments etc...
I know of a couple members I've met on this site that I did not know previously ie... Cheezpanel, Mandelon, DMoore, and Flying Rhino [From BRP] and several others whose names escape me.
I will be down on Friday I believe the Laveycraft is sold---- so I will be on the Tritoon/30footer with the V-8--- wave as we pass you :D :D .
KAP

PS14
07-11-2007, 04:35 PM
HELLO to All Our Lower Colorado Members on ***boat:
I just wanted to start a thread were we can all post info on.
Who's going and when, any meeting spots, condition of water level, sandbars, Horseshoe tournaments etc...
I know of a couple members I've met on this site that I did not know previously ie... Cheezpanel, Mandelon, DMoore, and Flying Rhino [From BRP] and several others whose names escape me.
I will be down on Friday I believe the Laveycraft is sold---- so I will be on the Tritoon/30footer with the V-8--- wave as we pass you :D :D .
KAP
Will be there fri thru sunday 21' river cruiser 18 blown hondo18 blown jet

jbone
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
We'll be on the water Friday and Saturday.
I hope the water is down a little. I hate when everything floats away.
C-ya there.
J

Mandelon
07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
We've got a whole section over at RRL too.
Too bad its so shallow down here, people shouldn't come. :idea:

kap
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey J-Bone:
What type, name of your boat.
PS14
I'll look for the blown Hondo.
I assume your going to Sin City Sandbar---pick your name there are about 10-12 of them.
KAP
Oh Mandelon showed up----yea and were in the mud and pee--ha.

PS14
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Not sure my dads buddy goes down there allthe time going to follow him but where is this place at on the river

AvengerBabe
07-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Damn, we aren't going out this weekend :( . We'll be out next weekend though (7/20)!:D Look for the beige Crestliner with the Chargers flag behind it!

FlyingRhino
07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
My weekend trips are over for awhile. I start my new shift this friday. I wont miss Labor Day though.
Are there any mid-week peeps on here

kap
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Mandelon--Flying R:
I checked out River Rat Life.
I recognized a lot of names which was nice. However, I need to choose one forum so that is why I posted here for all the Lower Co. peeps to have a voice when they drop in.
Avenger Babe---we saw you on the river but did not know the toon was yours until you mentioned the Chargers flag.
PS14
Hidden Shores is the Southern most part of the Colorado river adjacent to the Imperial Dam---aka the last dam on the Colorado river if I'm not mistaken [Laguna doesn't count it is a spill way].
KAP

code8
07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to join the thrend you posted up here. We also launch out at Hidden Shores. I have a 21' Ultra (same paint scheme as John's old boat) jet boat. The kids love the store (ice cream after the river) and the wife and I love the family atmosphere. We ususally hang out at Clear Lake, upper sand bar and now past Pachaco (sp?). Anyways just wanted to say "Hi".
:D
-Anthony and Heather
aka: Code8

N02 Chevelle
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I haven't been to the lower river in forever!!! Hows the water lately? How do you think a 19' Challenger Jet would handle out there? I can't wait!!! I found a 1977 Blazer that will tow my hotrod. Just gotta sell the rodeo now... Anyone know how to get a day permit at squaw?

NdaWind
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
We will be down there this weekend, only our second time and not sure where all these places are that you speak of, but hopefully find out soon. Especially Sin City Sandbar sounds interesting. Have a room at the Martinez Resort.
Our boat is the one in our Avatar.
Hope to see you out there.

NdaWind
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Is there a water flow (High & Low) pattern? Best ime of day for high water? When we go up by needles it usually high from noon until about 10pm.

jbone
07-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey J-Bone:
What type, name of your boat.
PS14
I'll look for the blown Hondo.
I assume your going to Sin City Sandbar---pick your name there are about 10-12 of them.
KAP
Oh Mandelon showed up----yea and were in the mud and pee--ha.
Its a 21 Shockwave jet. The name is "No Worries". Since I'm half Aussie, its a term we use a lot.
Just getting ready to leave now, so see you guys there.
J

cheezpanel
07-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey KAP...
We were there last weekend and heading out on the 20th, 28th, and 10th of Aug. I'll stop by your place if I see you're there. The water was a bit high, but weather was good. All in all a great weekend.
Bill

Mandelon
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Is there a water flow (High & Low) pattern? Best ime of day for high water? When we go up by needles it usually high from noon until about 10pm.
Its been high all spring and summer so far. They lowered it for Memorial Day but not much sand since.

SD MIKEY
07-14-2007, 05:28 AM
We will be out next weekend too :D

FlyingRhino
07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
SD Mikey:
Apparently we have some mutual friends (Coobie and Tom C) I work with both of them.
One of these days we will meet.
My place is on the front row on the hill at Fishers. The TERRY with for sale signs on it. Stop by there is beer in the fridge. I am now working weekends but will be out during the week and LABOR day

FlyingRhino
07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I just wanted to join the thrend you posted up here. We also launch out at Hidden Shores. I have a 21' Ultra (same paint scheme as John's old boat) jet boat. The kids love the store (ice cream after the river) and the wife and I love the family atmosphere. We ususally hang out at Clear Lake, upper sand bar and now past Pachaco (sp?). Anyways just wanted to say "Hi".
:D
-Anthony and Heather
aka: Code8
Code8:
Come join us on riverratlife.com Lots of lower river peeps there too.
FYI I am also LE (832) in the city you live in

kap
07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Code 8
I have seen you several times. Yes! your boat is almost identical to Mr. West's former boat. I'm on the last corner, D-20 as you come into the store from the main gate.
JBone
I have seen you at Sin City about three weeks????ago. I have family in Australia I am familiar with "No Worries Mate".
We just got back the water was very high we went past Paddlewheeler and found a nice sandbar. This weekend was quiet not a lot of people out.
Mandelon:
I sold the Lavey your now the official Ambassador for Lavey on the lower Colorado.
Cheezpanel
Sorry I missed you but we were on the water the whole day barely came in for more ice and beers. I slayed the largemouth bass we were hitting some areas the bass were boiling like a wide open tuna bite. We laughed are azzez off you could not get the plastic in the water fast enough :D :D .
I will not be out for at least two weeks.
Take Care.
KAP

jbone
07-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Code 8
I have seen you several times. Yes! your boat is almost identical to Mr. West's former boat. I'm on the last corner, D-20 as you come into the store from the main gate.
JBone
I have seen you at Sin City about three weeks????ago. I have family in Australia I am familiar with "No Worries Mate".
We just got back the water was very high we went past Paddlewheeler and found a nice sandbar. This weekend was quiet not a lot of people out.
Mandelon:
I sold the Lavey your now the official Ambassador for Lavey on the lower Colorado.
Cheezpanel
Sorry I missed you but we were on the water the whole day barely came in for more ice and beers. I slayed the largemouth bass we were hitting some areas the bass were boiling like a wide open tuna bite. We laughed are azzez off you could not get the plastic in the water fast enough :D :D .
Take Care.
KAP
We just got back too. Was out on Friday and Saturday with CODE 8. Since my kids need sand to have fun, we were on the beach at Picacho. We cruised to Clear Lake each day to wrap things up though.
Please tell someone to drop the water level on the weekends to expose some sand!

jbone
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
We will be down there this weekend, only our second time and not sure where all these places are that you speak of, but hopefully find out soon. Especially Sin City Sandbar sounds interesting. Have a room at the Martinez Resort.
Our boat is the one in our Avatar.
Hope to see you out there.
Hey bud,
I saw you on Sat as we were cruising to clear lake. I waved, but since we had a full boat and another following, I didn't stop. You were hanging out by the little island up from Zoo/Sin City.
Maybe next time.
J

PS14
07-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Headed down fri 30 miles out of buckeye lost tire and wheel bearing on hondo went home droped the three wheel hondo off started back when my brother in law ford took a sh!! we took it home jumped in dads truck with his boat finally got there friday at 3:00 ran the river and had ablast .Then sat mornig lost a rocker arm on the 21' (black gray and blue cant post pics) hung out one sand bar above sin city (i think ) had a blast didn't get a chance to talk to anybody very cool place will be back dad is looking for house down there
Raymond

Danhercules
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I will be out there this weekend (20th). Ridin in a buddies purple gray and white Essex 21'.

code8
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Code 8
JBone
Mandelon:
Cheezpanel
Take Care.
KAP
Kap,
Were you the one that came up to us while the wife and I were cleaning the boat at Hidden Shores? I was sweating my as@@ off in that heat! I wanted to introduce ourselves. I was with J-bone (he's my neighbor) in Pacacho and at Clearlake this past weekend. We had a great time. The only thing, water was very high. Real hard to find any sand bars.
Did any of you guys see the "online booty call.com" boat. That was great!

NdaWind
07-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey bud,
I saw you on Sat as we were cruising to clear lake. I waved, but since we had a full boat and another following, I didn't stop. You were hanging out by the little island up from Zoo/Sin City.
Maybe next time.
J
Thats whats nice about the river everyone waves and never know if its somebody from the boards. I never remember a boat until I see it in person. We hung out there for awhile then headed back down 2 more sand bars, wife really wanted to find some sand, put up the ez up and chill but we never found any sand until Sunday. Went out at 7 and got sand right as you come out of Martinez Resort, had a real nice Sunday happy wife happy life.
Hopefully next time

code8
07-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Thats whats nice about the river everyone waves and never know if its somebody from the boards. I never remember a boat until I see it in person. We hung out there for awhile then headed back down 2 more sand bars, wife really wanted to find some sand, put up the ez up and chill but we never found any sand until Sunday. Went out at 7 and got sand right as you come out of Martinez Resort, had a real nice Sunday happy wife happy life.
Hopefully next time
NdaWind,
I saw you too coming down the river. I remembered your boat (front shot) from the boards. I think it was just you and your wife. I was the crazy filipino guy waving at you:)

Lightning
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
NdaWind,
I saw you too coming down the river. I remembered your boat (front shot) from the boards. I think it was just you and your wife. I was the crazy filipino guy waving at you:)
Code8, Saw you coming out of Clear Lake on Saturday evening, we passed eachother in the channel - LEO was behind you. I have the White, Red, Yellow - 21' Ultra.
We'll be out next weekend as well.

code8
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Code8, Saw you coming out of Clear Lake on Saturday evening, we passed eachother in the channel - LEO was behind you. I have the White, Red, Yellow - 21' Ultra.
We'll be out next weekend as well.
Yes, I remember your boat- very nice!!!! There were a lot of LEO's in Clear Lake this past weekend. I'm happy with the presence but the circle thing around the boat was a little too much.
Will be out in a couple of weeks. The weather is great!

jbone
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Code 8, get back to work! That's an order.
J

NdaWind
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
NdaWind,
Next time wave us down and introduce yourself, trying to remeber all these boats once I am on the river is tough. Glad I bought a boat everyone else remembers, well most of the time. "That A$$whole in the shark boat..... " LOL

DMOORE
07-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Code8 and Ndawind, seen both of ya out on the water this past weekend. Both the boats look great.( can't miss that shark, very cool) I was in the Advantage (28 Sport Cat w/ twins) on Fri and Sat. Next time I'll be sure to say hi. Should be out there the next two weekends.
Darrell.

AvengerBabe
07-17-2007, 08:22 AM
We'll be out this weekend--- I'll be looking for all of your boats. If you see us, be sure to come say hi and have a cold one!:D

FlyingRhino
07-17-2007, 10:12 AM
My boat will be easy to find. It will be under my carport behind my Rhino
"Sorry just whining a bit "SOBBING".
Will be out during the week though

code8
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Guys,
I noticed a storage place on the right side as you enter Hidden Shores. Does anyone know what they charge? Also, what do you guys usually do with the trailers. Do you just keep it at Hidden Shores during the summer and store them later or do you keep the trailer at your spot year round? I noticed a great mix of both toy haulers and rv trailers. What is the biggest advantage between them. We have three little girls and was wondering what would be the best fit.
-Anthony:)
Code8

cheezpanel
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey Guys,
I noticed a storage place on the right side as you enter Hidden Shores. Does anyone know what they charge? Also, what do you guys usually do with the trailers. Do you just keep it at Hidden Shores during the summer and store them later or do you keep the trailer at your spot year round? I noticed a great mix of both toy haulers and rv trailers. What is the biggest advantage between them. We have three little girls and was wondering what would be the best fit.
Code8
Last year it was $25/ month (for a boat). I'm not sure what it is for the big trailers. We used to have them put the trailer in storage for us during the winter, then just have them put it back on our spot for summer. That was 2-3 yrs ago, and at that time it was still only 25 for me to store there.

kap
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Code 8
The storage fees went up they are $40 dollars a month. Getting in to Hidden Shores permanently is very difficult you need to be on the list of people waiting. Rumor/fact waiting period is a good 3-4 years.
Weekends and non-holidays are easy to get spots weekdays super easy. Call the main office on weekends for cancellations if they tell you they are booked.
We have a permanent site ie... annual believe me winter is just as good as the summer time. Your family will have a blast fishing, offroading, campfires at night it is very nice.
You can store your trailer and have them pull it out for you when you arrive it's up to you.
PM me if you want some more info.
KAP

Bahner tunnel
07-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I plan to be at Martinez this weekend, maybe in a Bungalow. It looks like it may rain going by the forcast. If it looks like it will rain for sure I may have to go next weekend instead.:(

DMOORE
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys,
I noticed a storage place on the right side as you enter Hidden Shores. Does anyone know what they charge?
Code8
I have a storage spot out there for the ski-boat. I think we pay $150 for 6 months.
Darrell.

SD MIKEY
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
We are going out this weekend too, see you guys there!

cheezpanel
07-18-2007, 06:58 AM
We are going out this weekend too, see you guys there!
I think we met last week on the sandbar. You were reeling in the fish! I was with Doug. My boat is the white and blue DCB 22. I think we're going this weekend, so I'll look for you guys.
Bill

AvengerBabe
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
I plan to be at Martinez this weekend, maybe in a Bungalow. It looks like it may rain going by the forcast. If it looks like it will rain for sure I may have to go next weekend instead.:(
Any rain out there will be in the form of an isolated thunderstorm that will pass through in 20 minutes. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you....

FlyingRhino
07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Okay I guess no ne feels sorry for me

Shack
07-18-2007, 12:13 PM
:( There Happy :D Sucks to be working weekends.

AvengerBabe
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Aww! I do, but I just didn't want to rub it in!:D

Bahner tunnel
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Any rain out there will be in the form of an isolated thunderstorm that will pass through in 20 minutes. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you....
Well you have changed my mind AB. It's on , look for the fat dude with the 3 chicks in the white Daytona for a complimentary Rum & Coke. Should be at the rock star sand bar or ....

Brady Bunch
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
We Miss the RIVER........:cry: :cry: :cry:
Whats up Cheez..... How have you been?
AB..... no RB this weekend, be a good girl!
Did I already say we miss the river.....:cry:
-Greg

cheezpanel
07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Whats up Cheez..... How have you been?
Did I already say we miss the river.....:cry:
-Greg
Hey Greg...good to hear from you!! All is going well here. It's been a while since I've seen you two. So what's the deal? I know the boat's been for sale for a while. If I had the coin I'd be all over it! Are you planning on making a comeback?? Anyway, I hope everything is going great for you and Jeff.
Later
Bill

Danhercules
07-20-2007, 06:56 AM
:( There Happy :D Sucks to be working weekends.
I will have a beer for ya!!!

Danhercules
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
We will be in a buddys boat, still waitin for my motor. Any day now!!!
Here is a crappy pic of Nasynebs boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763P4170025-med.JPG

NastyNebs
07-22-2007, 07:41 PM
We were out there this weekend, way Mello....................live on Linda Drive
Boat Name IMAGINE THAT......... purple and grey ESSEX
Horseshoe tourney in two weeks, will try to be down there..............fun weekend I hear

Danhercules
07-22-2007, 08:15 PM
We were out there this weekend, way Mello....................live on Linda Drive
Boat Name IMAGINE THAT......... purple and grey ESSEX
Horseshoe tourney in two weeks, will try to be down there..............fun weekend I hear
Great weekend!!!!

AvengerBabe
07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
-Greg
We miss you guys being out there!!! There was no RB this weekend for AB, but we still had a great weekend! Any chance you'll be able to make it out for the Horseshoe Tournament? Rumor has it that you sold your boat? If so, congrats!:D

pw_Tony
07-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Hope to go out soon!
Not on my boat, it's a baroke!:(
Hidden Shore peeps need to step up to Martinez/Fishers, that's the place to be:D
We bring our motorhome out for the summer to Fishers and have a BLAST every weekend.
Lately we've been running around in my pops Hondo, decently reconizeable boat cause its WOT everywhere!
See yah guys on the water
Tony Wagner
Only pic I got
http://i11.tinypic.com/63c94jc.jpg

kap
07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Tony wrote:
Hidden Shore peeps need to step up to Martinez/Fishers, that's the place to be.
Yes! if your single and want to party til the cows come home or until you start seeing them :eek: .
No! If your a father of 3 and want a safe place for your kids and stuff:D .
KAP
P.S. I was at Martinez for over 10 years. Before that I was dry camping it at Senators Wash, Walters Camp and wherever we decided to ride and boat in the same day--- back when we waz po' fo sur.
P.P.S. Anyone have a report on water conditions sandbars etc... I will be out on Friday.

NastyNebs
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
The water was way up this last weekend, from fishers up to picacho.......hardly any sandbars, most the main sandbars were a foot or so under water

pw_Tony
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Tony wrote:
Yes! if your single and want to party til the cows come home or until you start seeing them :eek: .
No! If your a father of 3 and want a safe place for your kids and stuff:D .
KAP
P.S. I was at Martinez for over 10 years. Before that I was dry camping it at Senators Wash, Walters Camp and wherever we decided to ride and boat in the same day--- back when we waz po' fo sur.
P.P.S. Anyone have a report on water conditions sandbars etc... I will be out on Friday.
I dunno, grew up at both places. I just know when I was a kid I couldn't make much noise or go out on adventures at Hidden Shores.
Different strokes for different folks?:D
Hopefully see yah out there

kap
07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Tony wrote:
I just know when I was a kid I couldn't make much noise or go out on adventures at Hidden Shores.
I still can't:D :D after 10:00 they want it cemetery dead:sleeping: .
Leaving Friday with my family.
C-Ya on the water.
KAP

Brady Bunch
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey Greg...good to hear from you!! All is going well here. It's been a while since I've seen you two. So what's the deal? I know the boat's been for sale for a while. If I had the coin I'd be all over it! Are you planning on making a comeback?? Anyway, I hope everything is going great for you and Jeff.
Later
Bill
The boat just sold thanks to Jason and John down at Ultra.....finishing paperwork tomorrow. Sad to see it go but happy that we won't have to stare at it sitting next to the house not being able to use it! Jeff and I have had some career additions. We both work Friday and Saturday Nights now. No time right now for river season. It sucks but it won't be forever!
-Greg

Brady Bunch
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
We miss you guys being out there!!! There was no RB this weekend for AB, but we still had a great weekend! Any chance you'll be able to make it out for the Horseshoe Tournament? Rumor has it that you sold your boat? If so, congrats!:D
I believe Jeff is going out for the Shoe tournament.....:D I will not be able to make it....:(

og79hondo
07-27-2007, 09:34 AM
The Family and I were out there this past weekend......water level dropped a little on Sat. so that made it nice on the sandbar!!
I was out ther with the ALL White 79 Hondo w/Blue trim......not to ruff out so I got to really open her up!!!
Going to try and make out on the 8/11-12
Mat

DMOORE
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
The Family and I were out there this past weekend......water level dropped a little on Sat. so that made it nice on the sandbar!!
I was out ther with the ALL White 79 Hondo w/Blue trim......not to ruff out so I got to really open her up!!!
Going to try and make out on the 8/11-12
Mat
Mat I think you were on the sand bar just north of Martinez last weekend at the same time as us. I was in my Ski-Centurian last week, and hanging with the group of people next to you with the American flag paint, on the deck boat. I'll be sure to introduce myself next time.
Darrell.

code8
07-29-2007, 07:22 PM
How was the river this weekend. Had to stay home to take care of house work and other things I've been putting off. Hope everyone had a great time.:)

kap
07-30-2007, 10:07 PM
It was beautiful a little stormy on Saturday but overall very nice.
The water is down a bit but not much.
The horseshoe tournament is coming up and I do not know what sand bar they are going to have it on this year:jawdrop: :jawdrop: not enough sand to have multiple games.
Oh well! we will wait and see how it goes.
CODE8
Pleasure talking with you and hope to meet up on the water :D .
KAP

og79hondo
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Mat I think you were on the sand bar just north of Martinez last weekend at the same time as us. I was in my Ski-Centurian last week, and hanging with the group of people next to you with the American flag paint, on the deck boat. I'll be sure to introduce myself next time.
Darrell.
Yeah I remember you....we'll have hang out next time!!!
Mat

og79hondo
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
DAMN IT...Looks like were not going to make it out there this weekend
BUT I have already made reservations for this coming up holiday 9/1&2...It's gonna get CRAZY!!!!
Mat

Jimig
08-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey JBONE, I will be out there this weekend early Saturday until Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you out there. If you do go, stop by. You remember my boat, the big black and red Tige 24Ve.

jbone
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, we'll be leaving in the morning. Friday and Saturday on the water.
I'll pm you.
J

Mandelon
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Look for us, we'll be out Friday by mid day, leaving here around 8:00.
Stop by in the evening, Martinez space 89.

DMOORE
08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll be heading out about 3pm tomorrow. Hope to meet up with some ***boaters this weekend and share some beverages.
Darrell.

Bahner tunnel
08-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Who is going out for Labor day weekend? Plan to be there with some Santee peeps.....

pw_Tony
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Who is going out for Labor day weekend? Plan to be there with some Santee peeps.....
Gonna be out there. Launch at Fishers and drive up to Piccacho.
http://i13.tinypic.com/504pvz5.jpg

AvengerBabe
08-26-2007, 11:04 AM
We'll be out there Friday night!:D

Mandelon
08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I'll be heading out about 3pm tomorrow. Hope to meet up with some ***boaters this weekend and share some beverages.
Darrell.
I saw you running south Sunday afternoon, we just came out of the channel from clearlake and had to dodge your oversized oceanliner! I almost spun out and ran in the reeds! :D

SD MIKEY
08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
We will be out too.

og79hondo
08-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Friday is taking FOREVER :mad: to come....Going to be out there Friday night....Launch SAT morning and PARTY till MON!!!! Look for us I'll be in the ALL white Hondo Jet.
Mat

kap
08-29-2007, 08:05 AM
We will be out on Friday til Monday late.
I am still boatless--- the new Howard is still being rigged and cannot wait to get it. Hope to see everyone this weekend it's gonna be airport busy.
Anyone know if more sand is showing---this year has been the worst ever very few sandbars--- water has been unusally high.
Post if you know water cond. and sandbar sightings!!!!!!:D :D .
KAP

Shack
08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I am still boatless--- the new Howard is still being rigged and cannot wait to get it. Hope to see everyone this weekend it's gonna be airport busy.
Anyone know if more sand is showing---this year has been the worst ever very few sandbars--- water has been unusally high.
KAP
Just flew over Martinez on Monday! you could see all 4 sandbars from the air but i couldnt tell you how low they were? im guessing about a foot deep?

pw_Tony
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Just flew over Martinez on Monday! you could see all 4 sandbars from the air but i couldnt tell you how low they were? im guessing about a foot deep?
Funny story bout flying. My buddy used to rent a plane and he would fly to Martinez. Anywho we went out for a tour over the river, it's very cool how many small lakes are beyond the toolies, literally about 3-4 times as wide as the river. We get up to our spot at Piccacho. We used to leave 5 or 6 E-Z-Ups on the sandbar over night to claim our spot. But while we were flying over it we saw someone at the sand bar, it was like 6:30am. We fly down lower to find out the guy was napping all our Ez-Ups! We fly back but by the time we get out of the plane and into a boat, he was gone. So now we pack up all our shit :D

FlyingRhino
08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
KAP
John:
I am here now. I drove out to the point yesterday and saw there are no sandbars showing. Our usual is under water up to the reeds. Water is way up. I will put the boat in the water this morning and check it out.
Blazing hot yesterday. Woke up to a T-storm this morning but no rain, just humidity. Hope to run into you this weekend. Sorry to hear your new boat isnt done. I figure you have to add a month to a new boat delivery date.
I believe the water has been high because of the work they are doing on the canals.

og79hondo
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Well I hope that they let some water out for the holiday (incl Sunday) weekend. Usually they let some out for sat but then fill it back up on suday...that what I noticed the last time we were about a month ago.
Any ways, be there Friday night!!!

Shack
08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
John:
I am here now. I drove out to the point yesterday and saw there are no sandbars showing. Our usual is under water up to the reeds. Water is way up. I will put the boat in the water this morning and check it out.
Blazing hot yesterday. Woke up to a T-storm this morning but no rain, just humidity. Hope to run into you this weekend. Sorry to hear your new boat isnt done. I figure you have to add a month to a new boat delivery date.
I believe the water has been high because of the work they are doing on the canals.
oh yeah that's right! that pretty much explains it. They're putting concrete casting in all the way down to Gordons well. I could see why they would want to try and hold back as much water as possible. make the job a little easier?:confused:

Shack
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Funny story bout flying. My buddy used to rent a plane and he would fly to Martinez. Anywho we went out for a tour over the river, it's very cool how many small lakes are beyond the toolies, literally about 3-4 times as wide as the river. We get up to our spot at Piccacho. We used to leave 5 or 6 E-Z-Ups on the sandbar over night to claim our spot. But while we were flying over it we saw someone at the sand bar, it was like 6:30am. We fly down lower to find out the guy was napping all our Ez-Ups! We fly back but by the time we get out of the plane and into a boat, he was gone. So now we pack up all our shit :D
That sucks :mad: I would have been throwing whatever i had out the window at that sum-bitch :D
BTW: i was 25,000 ft. in the air when i flew over on Monday. it was like Google Earth :)

moneysucker
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM
We are going out tonight:D . I am in this boathttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3-5-07_045.jpg
We will be all over. Pretty much everywhere but silicone island. we have a 3 year old. I look forward to seeing everyone out this weekend.
Cy

pw_Tony
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
We are going out tonight:D . I am in this boathttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3-5-07_045.jpg
We will be all over. Pretty much everywhere but silicone island. we have a 3 year old. I look forward to seeing everyone out this weekend.
Cy
Are you still camped up ontop of fishers?

FlyingRhino
08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
SandBar report:
It looks like the water is dropping but has a long way to go. Current feels like both upper and lower dams are open.
No sandbars showing in the no ski area, about a foot under water. Not much showing below that either.
Water feels like bath water, not very refreshing but that is normal for this time of year.
I think sand will be prime real estate for this weekend. Don't expect to keep your horseshoe pit so people can share, what there is.

pw_Tony
09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Saw a sweet jet sink on sunday. Didn't get any pics though, the guy didn't know much about the boat, just that is was a circle jet... didn't even know what kind of boat it was. They towed it back to Martinez, I think they might have got it goin again, it had a blue scoop

kap
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Weekend Report:
The water was down and their were several sandbars showing. It was very unusual the water was down up river but high at the Imperial Dam.
Water temp was high as well as the humidity it was real sticky on Saturday.
FLYING RHINO;
You went by me as I was waving but you headed back down to your usual sandbar.
I did not see a lot of people---We did wave to AVENGER BABE if that was your pontoon making the turn at Ferguson with the Chargers flag on the back.
I did see one nice looking STV in Clear Lake. The water about three feet below in Clear Lake is freezing nice to know if you want some chill to wake you up at 4:30 P.M.
It was the slowest Labor Day weekend I can remember in a long time guess the heat and thunderstorms kept the light weights home.
All in all a Beautiful weekend---one mishap that I know of---- victim was ok some broken ribs but overall very lucky and safe thats all that matters.
KAP
P.S. To Shack---don't throw anything out of an airplane it is a Felony both Federal and State---just a little FYI:)

SD MIKEY
09-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Weekend Report:
The water was down and their were several sandbars showing. It was very unusual the water was down up river but high at the Imperial Dam.
FLYING RHINO;
I did not see a lot of people---We did wave to AVENGER BABE if that was your pontoon making the turn at Ferguson with the Chargers flag on the back.
I did see one nice looking STV in Clear Lake. The water about three feet below in Clear Lake is freezing nice to know if you want some chill to wake you up at 4:30 P.M.
It was the slowest Labor Day weekend I can remember in a long time guess the heat and thunderstorms kept the light weights home.
All in all a Beautiful weekend---one mishap that I know of---- victim was ok some broken ribs but overall very lucky and safe thats all that matters.
KAP
P.S. To Shack---don't throw anything out of an airplane it is a Felony both Federal and State---just a little FYI:)
What color was the STV?

SD MIKEY
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Weekend Report:
FLYING RHINO;
KAP
What color was the STV?

pw_Tony
09-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Well I hope that they let some water out for the holiday (incl Sunday) weekend. Usually they let some out for sat but then fill it back up on suday...that what I noticed the last time we were about a month ago.
Any ways, be there Friday night!!!
Seen your boat sitting in the sand at the launch ramp at fishers saturday morning. Didn't see anyone around it so couldn't say what up. I was in a Hondo T-Deck as well. Maybe next time

FlyingRhino
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Sorry I missed you Kap.
The water dropped drastically from the time I was out there Friday Afternoon. Wierd that the water was at crest level at the dam.
Not as crowded as usual for labor Day but I still had a few Rants I posted on RiverRatLife.com it seems a lot of people just dont care about littering anymore.
I met moneyscuker and his fiancee and he said my lawn sucks.
Overall it was a relaxing weekend. Water temp was a bit warm but going under at clear lake was refreshing.

kap
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
SDMIKEY
It was a Dark Blue one with a Black 2.5/2.4?? the outboard had the older cowling style.
I love the STV lines, looks and performance beautiful boats IMO :D .
Very rarely do I get to see one on the lower Colorado---I think the same boat was doing speed runs one of the days by Sin City Sandbar. I was throwing shoes and had to concentrate so I only got a brief look.
KAP

AvengerBabe
09-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Weekend Report:
That might have been us. We discovered this weekend that someone else liked the idea of the Chargers flag on the back and did the same damn thing!:jawdrop: WTF?!:mad: Oh well, he was a cool guy at least. If it was a beige Crestliner, it was us! Sorry if I didn't see you!!!:D

kap
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
YES it was a beige brown Crestliner.
We were in the Aircraft Carrier (30ft) Bennington Tritoon that zoomed around you biggest toon on the lower Colorado:D :D enough to carry two families:D :D .
Haven't made up my mind about going down this weekend????
I may stay home and go to the beach.
KAP

Konabrent
09-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Melissa
Sorry about the generator all night but we had no power and it was 110 in the trailer. Hope you and James were'nt too anoyed!

SD MIKEY
09-11-2007, 05:32 AM
SDMIKEY
It was a Dark Blue one with a Black 2.5/2.4?? the outboard had the older cowling style.
I love the STV lines, looks and performance beautiful boats IMO :D .
Very rarely do I get to see one on the lower Colorado---I think the same boat was doing speed runs one of the days by Sin City Sandbar. I was throwing shoes and had to concentrate so I only got a brief look.
KAP
Yeah thats mine, I love it! Thanks! Hit me up and I'll take you for a spin!

AvengerBabe
09-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Hey Melissa
Sorry about the generator all night but we had no power and it was 110 in the trailer. Hope you and James were'nt too anoyed!
Heck no! I would have done the SAME thing! At least you were able to salvage your weekend!:D

kap
11-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Roll call:
Whats the word who is going.
Heard the water is super low with Martinez entrance impassable unless you go into the buoys to go around.
We will be on the water mid-day and riding the Rhino in the AM and late PM. That is unless we are talked into to going to Havasu for Friday/Saturday.
If anyone is going after Thanksgiving say "I".
KAP

pw_Tony
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Roll call:
Whats the word who is going.
Heard the water is super low with Martinez entrance impassable unless you go into the buoys to go around.
We will be on the water mid-day and riding the Rhino in the AM and late PM. That is unless we are talked into to going to Havasu for Friday/Saturday.
If anyone is going after Thanksgiving say "I".
KAP
No problem for the jet boaters :D

BarryMac
11-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey guys, I think Screaming Pete and I will be out on Friday, we'll be at his place in Pruitt, I am bringing my boat out, not sure if we will hit the water or not I need to do some clean up on it, stop by and see us, his place is on the very back row, I will be driving my Pewter Denali with an Orange, Blue and White Carrera in tow...

kap
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Well I heard it is blowing real bad and a lot of dust in the air coming off the desert. I'm thinking Rhino ride versus going on the water.
KAP

AvengerBabe
11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, I think Screaming Pete and I will be out on Friday, we'll be at his place in Pruitt, I am bringing my boat out, not sure if we will hit the water or not I need to do some clean up on it, stop by and see us, his place is on the very back row, I will be driving my Pewter Denali with an Orange, Blue and White Carrera in tow...
See you guys out there Barry!:D

kap
11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Water conditions:
Anyone reporting the conditions.
KAP

Screaming Pete
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Water conditions:
Anyone reporting the conditions.
KAP
its Just low, if your at the launch ramp at fishers and the water in more than 2.5 cement sections down.....beware..........sandbars everywhere. so thats why it so good for jet boats and it keeps all the big boats in havasu:D

DMOORE
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
so thats why it so good for jet boats and it keeps all the big boats in havasu:D
I agree, anything over 40ft needs to stay in Havizoo.....:)
Darrell.

kap
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
its Just low, if your at the launch ramp at fishers and the water in more than 2.5 cement sections down.....beware..........sandbars everywhere. so thats why it so good for jet boats and it keeps all the big boats in havasu:D
Not all the big boats!!!! V-Bottoms in excess of 28 should be extremely careful if you beach it on a sandbar your in trouble as no one out to help you.
I ran our 28 Howard Sportdeck this weekend and hit 102MPH while missing all the sandbars :D .
Water conditions are extremely low and the sandbar in front of Martinez is almost completely across the river so be careful. The one to the left of Fishers entrance has a peninsula that extends into the main river quite a ways.
Other than that not many people on the water just the regular bass purists.
KAP
P.S. Sunday was gorgeous nice and sunny.

pw_Tony
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Not all the big boats!!!! V-Bottoms in excess of 28 should be extremely careful if you beach it on a sandbar your in trouble as no one out to help you.
I ran our 28 Howard Sportdeck this weekend and hit 102MPH while missing all the sandbars :D .
Water conditions are extremely low and the sandbar in front of Martinez is almost completely across the river so be careful. The one to the left of Fishers entrance has a peninsula that extends into the main river quite a ways.
Other than that not many people on the water just the regular bass purists.
KAP
P.S. Sunday was gorgeous nice and sunny.
Got any pics of your boat?

kap
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello Pw_tony:
Yes! I have quite a few.
You may find them under the "Hot Boat" section of this forum.
Thread Post: Howard Sportdeck TPI build.
Over 5 pages and one video of the motor:) .
Enjoy :D :D !
KAP

McIntyrelocal
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Whats up guys, i wish i would have seen this thread back in july but better late than never. ive got a place in blythe at mcintyre park im there all the time winter and summer cant wait to see a few of you guys out there in that area ill be checking back to see whos headed out when.:)

kap
12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone going down:
If so we should get some HB members and meet up at Fishers Saturday for burgers and beer.
I will come up with the Rhino if anyone is up for it!
KAP
P.S. The report at Hidden Shores is nice weather on the lower Colorado---- as of this A.M. We will be headed out this afternoon. No boat but we will go for a Rhino ride or two.

AvengerBabe
12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone going down:
If so we should get some HB members and meet up at Fishers Saturday for burgers and beer.
I will come up with the Rhino if anyone is up for it!
KAP
P.S. The report at Hidden Shores is nice weather on the lower Colorado---- as of this A.M. We will be headed out this afternoon. No boat but we will go for a Rhino ride or two.
Looks like we missed this... We probably won't be out again until New Years. Just moved into our new house in Phoenix, so we've got lots to do around here.

kap
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Looks like we missed this... We probably won't be out again until New Years. Just moved into our new house in Phoenix, so we've got lots to do around here.
Congrats on your new house.
We will be at Hidden Shores on New Years for four days.
Hope to run the boat and post some monster numbers provided we have the right conditions.
Let's plan it maybe a day for burgers and beer at Fishers with all the HB members---- let's say 12:30P.M. Anyone can chime in we might have a group of 12 from our end.
Interesting to see what the Martinez/Fisher's peeps come up with in terms of numbers.
KAP
P.S. At a bare minimum bloodymarys at Fishers formerly "Other Place":D . Just a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!