PDA

View Full Version : Apache Lake this weekend 7-13-2007

bowtie_email
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey all,
Brand new here and been looking for threads on Apache Lake, been a boater for years, jets and outboards, heading to apache this weekend with the wife and kids and it would be fun to meet some new people.
I have a 17' Avenger with a Merc 150 Black Max right now.
I stay at Lower Burnt Corral ( less dirt road )
Later,

squirt'nmyload
07-11-2007, 09:57 PM
i love it up there. i can't this weekend but i am definately thinking about going up there soon. oh and welcome!!!!!!!:)

AZKC
07-12-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm sure you found a few threads on Apache:D Remember watch out for the thunderstorms up there this time of year. You'll be hanging out in Party Cove and when you come around the corner :eek:
I wana go, but I'm grounded:(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34820&stc=1&d=1184253378

Some Kind Of Monster
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm not going to make it that far out, but soon for sure! We need to plan a trip SML!

TAF
07-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm already going to Canyon Sat. & Sun. but make sure you guys let me know when we make the next big shin-dig up there. I got the floating shade vessel. Just ask SKM:sleeping: :D

40FlatDeck
07-12-2007, 09:59 AM
We might be up there in my buddys new 21' Glastron. We were at Roosevelt last weekend with the big boat but the weekend before we were at Apache and it was great. I like these little boats.:D ;)

tucson_boat_guy
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
There has got to be someone here that will be going. There is always people there guess I need to tell everyone about this forum.

Classic Daycruiser
07-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking about Bartlett Lake on saturday afternoon. Both ramps are open now. The main ramp (south) actually has been extended, so you do not need to launch in the dirt/mud:D

AzMandella
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Eddie's speedboat Regatta is the first weekend in August(3rd and 4th).

warlock
07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Got anymore info on the Regatta? 1st I've heard of it sounds like fun!:D

AZKC
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, my Bday weekend:D I was going to do something so maybe.

tucson_boat_guy
07-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Well you all missed it. Saturday there was a jet turbine powered V-Drive up there. Not super fast, or he was scared but non the less pretty damn cool.
Here is a video of it.
http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view1501515.html
This was taken a while back but he did the same thing this weekend.
It was called Flat Bastard
I am going back up there in a month.
Later

speeddmn
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
not every one missed it. I was there with a bunch of friends staying at burnt corral campground as well.

Some Kind Of Monster
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Well you all missed it. Saturday there was a jet turbine powered V-Drive up there. Not super fast, or he was scared but non the less pretty damn cool.
Here is a video of it.
http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view1501515.html
This was taken a while back but he did the same thing this weekend.
It was called Flat Bastard
I am going back up there in a month.
Later
He races at Lakefest and the Finals.

cave
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I saw the Jet Tubine boat too. It has that Fast Sound. It really put on a show at night.
I was camped off to the left of the boat ramp at Lower Burt Coral. Apache is so much fun. I tried going home the back way. To long for me. I'll take fish creek both ways next time.
bowtie_email, what does you boat look like. Is it Blue? I was at Party cove Saturday & Sunday. Saturday was killer and Sunday everyone was in full recovery mode.

tucson_boat_guy
07-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow guess I need to be a bit more social. I have a 76 Avenger with a Merc 150, light blue with white interior. I will post a pic to my profile as soon as I get home.
I was over in the undeveloped side about 30 yards from the ramp. I only made a few passes in the mornings next time I am bring my other props and will see if I can piss off a few jets...lol
What boats did you guys have?
I saw a few jets out there..
Apache is the best of the Salt River Lakes IMO. Good people and great boats. Lets not forget the girls.
Was the turbine jet boat there also, I did not see that. My youngest son love turbine powered stuff, thinks they are the bomb.

tucson_boat_guy
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I saw the Jet Tubine boat too. It has that Fast Sound. It really put on a show at night.
I was camped off to the left of the boat ramp at Lower Burt Coral. Apache is so much fun. I tried going home the back way. To long for me. I'll take fish creek both ways next time.
bowtie_email, what does you boat look like. Is it Blue? I was at Party cove Saturday & Sunday. Saturday was killer and Sunday everyone was in full recovery mode.
Is you boat a white jet?

tucson_boat_guy
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
not every one missed it. I was there with a bunch of friends staying at burnt corral campground as well.
did you see a blue lifted burban roll in around midnight?

speeddmn
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Around midnite on sat. I was too drunk to see much of anything. I had a great time though. I have the black and yellow checkered Caravelle Interceptor with titties N beer on the back.

cave
07-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Is you boat a white jet?
Its the one in my Avatar. White with Baby Blue strips. I dont mind the prop boats. I get along with all boaters. Yea even bASS boaters. We had all types in the group. Party Barge Pontoon Red coverings, Blue on White Malibu, speeddmn's Yellow on White Caravelle Interceptor And Doug & Nellies 25' Daytona.
I didnt see you roll in. I was in the same group as speeddmn.

BigDogIvan
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm already going to Canyon Sat. & Sun. but make sure you guys let me know when we make the next big shin-dig up there. I got the floating shade vessel. Just ask SKM:sleeping: :D
We might be on Canyon as well. not sure if Saturday or Sunday if we go. If we do we will be in the boat below with a tan Bimini and with a 18ft Baja with purple and yellow stripes. Flag us down if you see us.

sahuaritamama
07-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I think you were camped to the right and behind us.
We were right on the shore.
Were you the group who was yelling at the group at the end about shooting off the gun?

cave
07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Most of us are armed but no one in our group shot the gun. That was someone behind us. Some in the group are indeed loud when tipsy. No names (Steph) But yes we were the group behind an all around the RV that was on the shore line. The RV belongs to Jason & family.
I usually dont yell at people shooting guns. My MO is return fire with a bigger caliber. If that don't work then ol betsy makes an appearance. That usually is all that is needed. AZ is still the wild west. Drunks & guns don't mix.
I have no idea who that was shooting out there but we that were armed did lock em just in case.

sahuaritamama
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Well the gun fire got my attention....
Hopefully next time, we'll be a little more social. We had the kids with us that weekend which "mellows" out the "partying". We had to be the "responsible parents" that weekend.
By the way, does the second cove have a name? Not party cove but the next one over.

TAF
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
TAF and fellow workers are going to be camped out on the lake marina end.

AZKC
07-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Well the gun fire got my attention....
Hopefully next time, we'll be a little more social. We had the kids with us that weekend which "mellows" out the "partying". We had to be the "responsible parents" that weekend.
By the way, does the second cove have a name? Not party cove but the next one over.
To the west of "Party Cove" is Long Canyon Cove its a nice hangout. I think "Party Cove" is actually named Hideout Cove

sahuaritamama
07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
We kinda hung out in that cove (Long Canyon) most hte weekend. Jumping off the rocks. Less rocks in the water, very sandy.