PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Gumbel/ Olympic Idiot

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
What is this guy trying to do? Saying the best athletes are not in the winter olympics due to the lack of black athletes.
More BS from the black Community. Maybe we should start new olympic events.
1.Downhill = Carjacking
2. Fencing= selling stolen good
3. Sprints=police evasion
4. Boxing= wife beating
5. Decathalon= pimping 10 Hoes
6. Hammer Throw= breaking and entering
7. Shooting= drive by
Anyone can add to the list

Jrocket
02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Lmao!

Havasu_Dreamin
02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Did he really say that?

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Did he really say that?
Sure did, was on the news today

hoolign
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Did he really say that?
If assColeitis posted it ..it must be true :rolleyes:

moneypit
02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
1.Downhill = Carjacking
4. Boxing= wife beating
7. Shooting= drive by
Not cool dude. What you have stated is worse then him. What does that make you?

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
If assColeitis posted it ..it must be true :rolleyes:
Here we go again Hooli............... If you want to be the prick you are, keep posting

hoolign
02-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Here we go again Hooli............... If you want to be the prick you are, keep posting
If you want to continue being the idiot you are ...keep responding! ..newbie! :D

Havasu_Dreamin
02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow! What a dumbass he is! I've never really liked him, his brother Greg is WAY better than he is. One thing I know for sure is he won't be forced to make any type of an apology.

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 09:01 PM
If you want to continue being the idiot you are ...keep responding! ..newbie! :D
setting your dumbfounded comments aside, I still like you :rollside:

hoolign
02-16-2006, 09:05 PM
setting your dumbfounded comments aside, I still like you :rollside:
My comments are not in scrutiny here :rolleyes:

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Not cool dude. What you have stated is worse then him. What does that make you?
MP going with you all the way on this,
Racism SUCKS!!!!!!!! :yuk: just my humble opinion

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
My comments are not in scrutiny here :rolleyes:
OK, just checking your sense of humor :rollside:

hoolign
02-16-2006, 09:11 PM
OK, just checking your sense of humor :rollside:
I have a sence of humor most of the time! but.. not when it comes to topics like racism... amongst others!

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I have a sence of humor most of the time! but.. not when it comes to topics like racism... amongst others!
Bryant Gumby started this whole thing, not me

hoolign
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Bryant Gumby started this whole thing, not me
well then Bryant Gumble should be banned from HB! :mad:

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 09:17 PM
well then Bryant Gumble should be banned from HB! :mad:
OK no more gumby

MagicMtnDan
02-16-2006, 09:18 PM
It's only racism when non-blacks say shit. :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
MP going with you all the way on this,
Racism SUCKS!!!!!!!! :yuk: just my humble opinion
I agree with you but what Bryant Gumble said is racist. The sword cuts both ways.....

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Only in America, and I'm Black and getting crucified from Hooligan for my racist comment against blacks

hoolign
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh shut up and photo chop somthing ! :rolleyes: ... night Dan! :D

hoolign
02-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Only in America, and I'm Black and getting crucified from Hooligan for my racist comment against blacks
You are not black! ..you can't be....cause if you are.... I don't have the stomach to eat that much crow!!!!

LOWRIVER2
02-16-2006, 09:40 PM
One thing clearly ironic in Gumbel's views is that his ex wives are all white. I suppose he'd say they were racist too if they participated?/lol.
I do agree with his comments that anything judged for fashion (ie: figure skating) is questionable to be described as an olympic sport. But, then again, I'd say it takes more balls to freestyle a dirtbike in mid air than toss a shot put or sprint down a track, so to each his own.

Phat Matt
02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
“Finally, tonight, the Winter Games,” Gumbel said in his closing monologue on last week’s (Feb. 7) show. “Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them … Because they’re so trying … Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention (italics added). Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won … So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin.”
It's the same reason BET (Black Entertainment Television) is ok but if whitey started up WET, look out! :)

Coleitis22
02-16-2006, 10:13 PM
You are not black! ..you can't be....cause if you are.... I don't have the stomach to eat that much crow!!!!
It's OK, Crow is dark meat

PlyaPlya22
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
What is this guy trying to do? Saying the best athletes are not in the winter olympics due to the lack of black athletes.
1.Downhill = Carjacking
4. Boxing= wife beating
7. Shooting= drive by
and that would give you a chance at a medal...LOL :rollside: come on now!!!

PlyaPlya22
02-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Come on now Dan, put the pipe down and step away!!! :rollside:

AltarGirl
02-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Whatever happened to Bryant Gumbel? He really kinda disappeared didn't he? I haven't heard about him in a long time.... :confused:

Riomouse911
02-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I think the comment from Gumbel was an attempt to inject himself back into relevancy. He's been banished to a show on HBO called Real Sports I believe... but I have never seen it and after this lunacy won't, either.
I am assuming that Gumbel wants the Winter Olympics to reflect his vision of American Society.. This is feeble because a) It's teams from all over the WORLD that compete, not just the USA. and b) the teams selected are representatives of THEIR respective Countries. I have seen very, very few African-Latvians or African-Croatians on the other teams represented, and the last time Somalia fielded a cross-country ski team Demons were donning sweaters because the fires went out in Hell. I think only the US and Canada have any blacks participating at all. So stuff it Bryant, back to obscurity you go!
And Bryant, here's another thought: if we made American professional sports "reflect American society", 51% of the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB would be female, and less than 20% of all participants would be black, period. Wouldn't that shake up the all-star rosters? :p

SnakeWrench
02-17-2006, 12:57 AM
I personaly don't think any racism is funny, joke or not. Black, white, whatever, I don't like it and do not allow it around me or my family. ESPECIALLY because my son and daughter are half black. I don't allow them to make the comments and have more than once drop kicked their black relitives for comments made. It's racism either way and I can't stand when people make dumb comments and make themselves look like an idiot because of them.
Bryant Gumble is an idiot and his comments prove it.

Flashover
02-17-2006, 06:05 AM
I personaly don't think any racism is funny, joke or not. Black, white, whatever, I don't like it and do not allow it around me or my family. ESPECIALLY because my son and daughter are half black. I don't allow them to make the comments and have more than once drop kicked their black relitives for comments made. It's racism either way and I can't stand when people make dumb comments and make themselves look like an idiot because of them.
Bryant Gumble is an idiot and his comments prove it.
Well put Snake.......

cjordan
02-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Could you imagine what would happen if Madden, Michaels, etc, etc ever made a comment that there are not enough whites in NFL, NBA, etc. The news agencys would have a field day for weeks, and LA would probably burn again.......Unbelievable how much of a double standard there is. :argue:
Here's a thought for Bryant Gumbel; if blacks, mexican, etc participated in the sports that are represented by the Winter Olympic events and earned their spot by being the best at their "event" then we would see them there. Simple....

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 07:45 AM
It's the same reason BET (Black Entertainment Television) is ok but if whitey started up WET, look out! :)
I've been saying the same thing for years.
MECHA
NAACP
BET
Rev Al Sharpton
Rev Jesse Jackson
All racist organizations.
Who else did I miss?
Can't we all just get along?
Brian

cjordan
02-17-2006, 08:02 AM
White History Month, Heterosexual day, (as opposeed to "gay day" that some theme parks have)

sleekcraft137
02-17-2006, 08:26 AM
MECHA
NAACP
BET
Rev Al Sharpton
Rev Jesse Jackson
Who else did I miss?
Brian
Yeah no kidding NAACP = negros aginst all caucasian people!!!

HighRoller
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
3 or 4 years ago at the Indy 500 there was a black driver whose car wasn't up to speed. The car owner asked the team's other driver John Andretti to take a few laps and see what was wrong. He laid down three laps within a tenth or so of the pole speed, got out of the car and said "this thing runs fine." Gumbel was so pissed he decided to try and get even by having a special about racism in NASCAR.
Andretti's cup car owner was Richard Petty and Gumbel interviewed him, trying to portray him as some redneck racist. When this didn't work he asked why Petty didn't have any black drivers. Petty tried to explain that in all the time he's been racing he hadn't seen a lot of interest in the sport by negroes until recently. I thought Gumbel's head was going to explode!!!He sat up in his chair and yelled "SIR!!!!ARE YOU AWARE WE DO NOT CALL AFRICAN AMERICANS NEGROES ANY LONGER?" Petty just shook his head and smiled. Then Gumbel tried to further smear Petty by asking him questions about a supposed drunk driving incident from 30 years ago.
Gumbel is a quack who is unable to discharge his journalism duties without interjecting his agenda. He is unprofessional, which is why he has been relegated to HBO just like Bill Maher.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2006, 11:17 AM
"SIR!!!!ARE YOU AWARE WE DO NOT CALL AFRICAN AMERICANS NEGROES ANY LONGER?"
Why aren't they just referred to as Americans?

Jyruiz
02-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I have wonder that myself dozens of times. There are some African Americans that don't like to be called African American, and I know some, I just thinkg of everybody who is legal here, as Americans.

spectratoad
02-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Well like said above, if there is an interest by a person of any race and they qualify then I suppose they would be on the Olympic team. It is hard to call the Olympics racist when you have pretty much any religion, ethnicity, language etc.....represented. I mean you have Iran and Isreal competing at the games and back home Iran's president says that Isreal should be wiped of the face of the earth.
Who is Bryant Gumble?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
02-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Well like said above, if there is an interest by a person of any race and they qualify then I suppose they would be on the Olympic team. It is hard to call the Olympics racist when you have pretty much any religion, ethnicity, language etc.....represented. I mean you have Iran and Isreal competing at the games and back home Iran's president says that Isreal should be wiped of the face of the earth.
Who is Bryant Gumble?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
In the opening ceremonies North Korea and South Korea walked out together as the "Koreas".

Desert Rat
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
And this brings up another journalistic moron....Heraldo Rivera.... Put both these idiots in the same room and then light it on fire!! :yuk:

mike37
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
thats what I always say
and if you refer to your self as any ting other than American you are the racist

cjordan
02-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Why do they STILL call each other N#GG%^'s ? ? ? Listen to any hip hop song or black comic if you don't think they do....
I personally consider them American's...it seems their people are the ones always creating the "African American" this, "United negro" that, "black" this....It's a little ironic that some in their own group continue to push pseudo segregation. :rolleyes:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I just thinkg of everybody who is legal here, as Americans.
Exactly. To knowingly refer to people based on some particular element of their person is an exclusinoary thought process as opposed to an inclusionary one. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb cracker! lmao

STROKER ACE
02-17-2006, 12:47 PM
MECHA
NAACP
BET
Rev Al Sharpton
Rev Jesse Jackson
Who else did I miss?
Brian
White Men Cant Jump, how about that one

totenhosen
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Whites have their own network it use to be called TNN and/or CMT. You think other people watch Dukes of Hazzard and Hee-haw?

HighRoller
02-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Why do they STILL call each other N#GG%^'s ? ? ? Listen to any hip hop song or black comic if you don't think they do....
I personally consider them American's...it seems their people are the ones always creating the "African American" this, "United negro" that, "black" this....It's a little ironic that some in their own group continue to push pseudo segregation. :rolleyes:
Exactly!! They fought for years to end segregationism, only to impose segregation upon themselves.

FMluvswater
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I understand stereotypes; they have a grain of truth which is what makes them amusing sometimes. What I don't understand is hating someone for fitting a stereotype or for looking a certain way (clothing, skin color, eye slant, stature, weight etc.) , or for having a different belief/opinion. I also think drawing attention to the very thing you want to not be judged by makes no sense either. Why is there race exclusive anything anymore if the supposed politically correct goal is to end racism?

SnakeWrench
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
YES YES YES!!! AMEN. WHY NOT?? I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THAT!

HMF'er
02-17-2006, 07:13 PM
MECHA
NAACP
BET
Rev Al Sharpton
Rev Jesse Jackson
Who else did I miss?
MAPA

hoolign
02-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh hell, I might as well add my .02.
Hey Hooli, want TACO sauce with that crow?
Rio
No.... he's not black!.. I have it from inside sources that he has a very good base tan!
:mad: I do not want to eat crow! I don't like crow ..I think!

Boatcop
02-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Doesn't he remember the Jamaican Bob-Sled team?

rrrr
02-18-2006, 05:18 PM
How's this for stupidity, yesterday's Dallas Morning News op-ed
page.....
Reihan Salam: Snow-White Olympics
11:22 AM CST on Friday, February 17, 2006
While watching a bunch of young, white Olympians zipping and flipping around on their newfangled snowboards the other night, I couldn't help thinking: What if Bangladesh, my parents' native land, had the geopolitical muscle to turn an extremely Bangladeshi-friendly activity into an Olympic sport?Bangladeshis are very good at making things from jute, assembling button-down shirts for export and organizing crippling general strikes. All of these activities involve tremendous mental dexterity and physical prowess.
All can be performed in the bitterest cold. And, unlike "snowboarding halfpipe," not one is compatible with head-bopping to Juelz Santana on your iPod – a surefire indication that your "sport" should not be conducted on the Olympic level.
Mind you, I am rooting for the United States. I am pleased to see that a generation of would-be ski bums are putting aside the Jack Daniels and the "doob" in the hopes of becoming Olympic contenders. And though I spent my childhood winter vacations eating chipped lead paint, I don't begrudge those of my compatriots who were off drinking hot cocoa with Muffy, Buffy and Tad.
Still, I can't help but wonder: What if there had been chocolaty role models taking the slopes by storm when I was but a young pup?
Like the Augusta National Golf Club, the Winter Olympics are "exclusive." Paul Farhi, writing in The Washington Post , has described it as "almost exclusively the preserve of a narrow, generally wealthy, predominantly Caucasian collection of athletes and nations."
Growing up, I forsook the lily-white Winter Olympics for the multi-culti Summer Games. I still vividly recall the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, when my middle sister and I cheered on every wiry American athlete of a darker hue. When you squint, a fearsome Latino bantamweight looks not unlike one of the burnt-ochre Salams.
Now, let's compare that image of a powerful brown-skinned pugilist with that of my Winter Olympic role models. In 1988, we, of course, had the Jamaican bobsled team, immortalized in the classic film Cool Runnings . A lackluster performance, but pluck and determination count for something, to be sure. But even as an 8-year-old, I was hoping for something more.
Deep in my heart, I hungered for a mahogany man-killer who would avenge me on the slopes and forever banish my Winter Olympics-induced shame. This year, I had a strong candidate, Indian luger Shiva Keshavan. But the story of this "great brown hope" is not one of unmitigated joy and triumph. It's a parable for the tragedy of modern India. More than that, though, Shiva's struggles teach us that a brown man trying to make it in a white man's world is like luging uphill.
Shiva was only 16 when he took part in the 1998 Olympics, barely four months after his first luge run. He also competed in the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City. It should come as no surprise that he was India's sole Winter Olympics representative both times.
This year was supposed to be different. The world has changed, and so has India. Once considered a pestilential backwater full of wild-eyed mystics, India is now seen as an IT powerhouse full of wild-eyed engineers. Engineering prowess, of course, is a requisite in the luge, a sport in which cold-weather scientists and athletes team up to conjure the sleds of the future. With his country behind him, it seemed, Shiva could steal the show and start a new era of brown-man dominance.
Alas, it was not to be. He finished 25th out of 36 lugers, thanks entirely to the nonfunctioning "Indian Luge Association." You see, this so-called luge federation provided Shiva with virtually no financial assistance, forcing him to pay for luging essentials out of his own pocket. Rather than spend his hard-earned money on a high-tech sled, he blew more than $300 on a fancy luge suit.
Like Shiva, India has a maddening tendency to misplace priorities. You'd think the country would pony up for a world-class Olympic squad befitting its newfound status. Instead, it seems that some New Delhi nerd decided to prioritize providing basic services to an impoverished population racked by the twin plagues of illiteracy and disease.
Disappointed yet again, I can't help but conclude that my hopes of adding a drop of Hershey's Syrup to the skim milk of the Winter Olympics were misplaced. Though chocolate milk is, as New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin recently pointed out, a "delicious drink," the deck will always be stacked against the droplets among us. After all, I'm starting to realize, we brown folks hail from largely snowless, tropical climes. It's not fair, but it's the cold, hard truth.
So, I'm giving up on the Winter Olympics. Like a latter-day Marcus Garvey, I recommend that brown men abandon the white man's Winter Games. Instead, we will master ancient Indian sports like kalaripayattu, kabbadi and, who can forget, kho-kho. And all will be well.
Reihan Salam is a writer in Washington. This essay is adapted from a longer article from Slate (www.slate.com).

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Come on now Dan, put the pipe down and step away!!! :rollside:
Funny, I don't see you accusing everyone else who posted comments here about them putting down the pipe.
Maybe you ain't got enough game to take them on or, maybe they're telling the truth like I was...hmmm :idea:

hoolign
02-18-2006, 09:40 PM
A hair of topic here ..did nayone catch the "ski Duabi" super mall" ???