PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bassett T

UltraJet
07-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Removed my Bassett-T today 'cause it didn't seem to be working. Ordered new ball, spring. Should the old ball/spring just fall out? Looks like the ball bearing is stuck in a corroded spring within the valve. I cannot, for the life of me, get it out. Any suggestions???

YeLLowBoaT
07-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Call me in the morning...:)

Danhercules
07-11-2007, 08:34 PM
If I remember right, yes. The spring is tapered on one end too. So carfull when putting it back together.

Oldsquirt
07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
If I remember right, yes. The spring is tapered on one end too. So carfull when putting it back together.
Correct, the spring is tapered. The narrow end goes towards the ball.
If put together with the wide end towards the ball, the ball can work its way inside the spring.

shaun
07-14-2007, 02:25 AM
i had this problem when i tested mine, i had it hooked to the hose, ran the hose put my finger over the dump to create pressure. I heard the basset open and the water flow by it, when i let off it failed to close.
When i opened it up i found the ball to be stuck in the spring. This happened because the spring was in backwards. Anybody who has a basset valve laying around where people can grab it and mess with it, i would recommend checking to make sure the spring is in the right way before using it.