PDA

View Full Version : CFW roll call for this weekend or next?????

1980 sanger
07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
[I][/I
Just trying to line up some v drives, and maybe some tunnel jets (smitty 19) for a Camp Far West weekend. This weekend or next, anyone????? Anyone ?????
I am using Marks account since mine is not working, Jocko.

Sanitariumflat
07-12-2007, 03:32 AM
CFW sounds good to me, but it's getting pretty mucky. Gotta launch on the ramp & drive to the cove. LSR sez there's some deal @ Modesto res 7/21, but from what I hear it's just a puddle now, probably be a show-n-drink. I'm not sure how to lock the front hubs on my flattie just yet. Any other takers on CFW? Another week or two and it's a four wheel drive playground.

Mrs.Moose on the loose
07-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I was told yesterday from someone who lives there that the water is VERY LOW!!!!!!!!!
Good luck and have fun.

charitycase
07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
There's always the river.Water is up.That's where we will be this Sun.PM me for any ?

Sanitariumflat
07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Uh, to which river might you be refering? The Bear river arm @ CFW or the good old Sacramento sewage creek? ( or some other river maybe??? )

charitycase
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Uh, to which river might you be refering? The Bear river arm @ CFW or the good old Sacramento sewage creek? ( or some other river maybe??? )
The Sac.North tho.We launch out of Knights Landing.

SANGER-RICH
07-12-2007, 04:00 PM
How about PCR at Berryessa on the 28th :idea: plenty of water there:D

LandSpeedRacer
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
So does that mean you'll break out the hydro . . . . . . . ???????
Will there be those hot chicks there that were there in the thread about hot chicks at Berryessa . . . . . C'mon! That was you in the picture right?:D

SANGER-RICH
07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
So does that mean you'll break out the hydro . . . . . . . ???????
Will there be those hot chicks there that were there in the thread about hot chicks at Berryessa . . . . . C'mon! That was you in the picture right?:D
Yes Ill take the hydro I need try out running with my helmet :confused: clostrafobic :jawdrop: need to get a flight physical for ming. Practice Practice Practice

SANGER-RICH
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1st_cfw_saturday_001.jpg
Lilflatie has no problem gathering women, not sure about the picture you are talkin about with me in it, show me the picture!

sixgunsam
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
If you are going to CFW, launch only at the ramp. LSR can back me on that one:D No pics please!

1980 sanger
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
The river sounds good to me I think John and Denny were looking to make a trip. I think we need to talk via phone .Mark Casey got OP ?

LandSpeedRacer
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey my brother showed up from San Diego, just got back from the gulf . . . . it's either Collins Lake or CFW . . both are low . . . . who will be at CFW THIS weekend???????
Leaning towards CFW one last time . . . .
Sanger Rich - I'm talking about the thread on Hot Spots out West, where are the hotties at Berryessa oe something like that . . . . It's a couple weeks back. I would copy / post it here but this People PC cheap internet deal I got times out on posting most pictures.
Sixgunsam - after what you went through, I will be kind. Seriously, pm me if you ever need our help bro. Happy to help.
So back to CFW - anyone going this weekend? We'll be there trying lots of the new Miller Chill and seein how it mixes with Patron:D :220v:
LSR

charitycase
07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
The river sounds good to me I think John and Denny were looking to make a trip. I think we need to talk via phone .Mark Casey got OP ?
Plenty of oil pressure.C'mon out.I will pm you my cell.

LandSpeedRacer
07-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Have a good time on the river in KL, be safe out there.
We'll have a shot or two for you, Chrissy and Mark and whoever else shows.
We should be fairly safe . . . takin the Crestliner hoopty with a 65hp Johnson . . . . no turbos:( . Thinkin about naming it Shiver Sh_t:eek:
Have a great weekend bro.
LSR

charitycase
07-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Scott,you do the same.Get the bugs worked out of SS so you can come up river.C-YA bra Casey

LandSpeedRacer
07-13-2007, 10:33 AM
To clarify . . . . I was thinking about naming the Crestliner Shiver Sh_t:idea: , the flattie is runnin great (finally) :D and thanks, as soon as I get my trailer sorted out we'll take you up on the river. Maybe August . . . sound good?
Hey one more thing - I've moved my wing up into the clean air, about 16", I've got the main struts done, I just need the rear struts. Center heim joint to center heim joint can be 30" to 34". I really need 32" but the range I mentioned will work fine. My mount holes are 3/8" but I do have a drill if the heims are bigger. You still got any in that range?
Just tryin to save on fabrication / chrome costs. I have some that will work if I cut them down, but it means killing a perfectly good set of 4130 chrome moly Funny Car wheelie bars:jawdrop: :D . Please let me know.
Talk to you soon.
Scott - LSR

lucky
07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
you guys still always have unclearlake :D ran open headers all weekend at wot AHEAD of the jet with W.O.h
Casey i thing you will be safe with zoomies :D

charitycase
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
you guys still always have unclearlake :D ran open headers all weekend at wot AHEAD of the jet with W.O.h
Casey i thing you will be safe with zoomies :D
We will make it up one day soon.Our river is 10 min away.Pretty hard to beat.

84 cougar
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
After reading everyones response, I guess trying to use the cove would not the safest thing to do. So, that leaves the main body, or going elsewhere. I would love to try the river sometime, but not w/Roys motor, and I am sure he feels the same way. Maybe next year w/the blower motor. I can still swing Clear Lake, or Berryessa. I was shooting for 21st. weekend, but it looks like I am going to be working all weekend, so most likely the weekend of the 28th...
Let me know who else would be interested. thanks, Jocko

LandSpeedRacer
07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Just got back from CFW today. Spent Friday, Sat, Sun, had a great time, except we watched the water level drop 4' in just a few days:( . It must be down 25' since Father's Day. Still a fun place to go, we met some nice peeps, saw some nice boats and my brother got to party at the cove before going back to the gulf.
Special thanks to the Placer County Sheriff for helping me out, we broke down in the hoopty boat off the point and the only one who stopped to help was the po-po. Nice guys and big Hot Boat fans. Next time I'm taking a blow up doll with a blonde wig just so I don't have to eat the rocks as I'm waiving for help. Someone will stop:D Besides, the blow up doll will work as a flotation device!
LSR

SANGER-RICH
07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
After reading everyones response, I guess trying to use the cove would not the safest thing to do. So, that leaves the main body, or going elsewhere. I would love to try the river sometime, but not w/Roys motor, and I am sure he feels the same way. Maybe next year w/the blower motor. I can still swing Clear Lake, or Berryessa. I was shooting for 21st. weekend, but it looks like I am going to be working all weekend, so most likely the weekend of the 28th...
Let me know who else would be interested. thanks, Jocko
That would be us, staying at the motel sat night and trying my helmet on for size.

LandSpeedRacer
07-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Helmet?

RhinoWood
07-17-2007, 02:14 PM
L.S.R., Smasher
I think some of our group is going up this Friday through early Sunday.
The black hydro, Frankie's is supposed to have the air-shifter installed,
and of course the tug will show. Hope to see some of you there.
Probably hang by the ramp.
Later, Wood

Lefty
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Mark yes we were going this weekend, but my brother sounds like he is backing out. He want to work on his new house. The end of next week will be up on Shasta for a week so will still get the boats wet at least. Would like to see you guys before the end of the summer though. Do you guys have any trips planned in August? If so let us know.

SANGER-RICH
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Helmet?
Yes like the one you wear, but Im going to do it going 100 mph on the 28th:D

LilFlattie
07-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes like the one you wear, but Im going to do it going 100 mph on the 28th:D
The only way that turd will see 100 mph is if it's dropped out of a plane at 10,000 ft.:D

Sanitariumflat
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Rhino,
This weekend sounds good to me. ( Just to clarify you're talkin' 7/20-7/22 right?) I'll try & make it. I've just got a few little tlc maint. type things to fix on my old van and I'm there. I'll talk to Paul and see what he's up to. I think he said he's got his motor back together. Hey LSR you readin' this?
Smash

RhinoWood
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes 7/20 -7/22 and bring your depth finder and propguard !
Kinda sucks when ya by a season pass and can't even make it
to August.
Scotty, I even think my guitar buddy may make it, he just got
back from mexico last night. Still it never hurts to bring the high-
dollar guitar ! Ya just never know..........
Later, Wood

LandSpeedRacer
07-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Rhino, Smash and Sanger Rich-
Are you guys talking about going to CFW or to Berryessa 7/20 thru 7/22?
We were at CFW this last weekend from Friday to Monday, the water dropped big time in just 4 days. The area where Dan's hydro came to rest is exposed. Because the water is dropping so fast, there is not enough time for the shore to harden up and I am sure you heard, we just put the outboard in far enough to start it and buried my Extreme - that was on fairly stable ground. The cove is greatly reduced in size - if I brought Shiver Shot and made a run towards the shallow end I might just have to use the "OH SH_T" handle after all! The bad thing is, if you run towards the lake, the po-po was sitting over by the north side most of the weekend. It was good for me because we broke down and they rescued us, but I don't know how they would feel about running the ex-TFH on the other side . . . . it would be a good race though . . . . :D
The Modesto deal is this weekend and our bro Sanger Rich wants us to go to Berryessa to see his helmet . . . . :eek: :eek: :eek: . . . . on the 28th . . . . I'm flexible, either way . . . . . let me know the plan . . . . .
Scott - LSR

RhinoWood
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
If the po-po were there last weekend I doubt they will be back.
No worries though, I'll just shove my baffles back in and re-attatch
the water to the exhaust.
Whakkers are so versatile that way.........:idea: :eek: ;)
I just want to make sure the gang has a tow boat if need be,
also, just another excuse to get out of the city and drink beer,
and hang with the homies. Or..... TaqueeeeeeeeeLaaaa !!!! :)

Sanitariumflat
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
CFW
Sounds like run on the main body a.m., drink beer p.m. Unless we can make a ramp out of 2x12's or rocks??? People have done stranger things ( Shiver Shot for instance ). ha,ha. I would much rather attempt the cove side - for the camping reason - besides, I have a feeling the main body will be polluted with jetski's by 10 a.m. Whatdya say, CFW ramp construction!?! I can bring a handful of 2x12 sections. There are plenty of rocks. All we need are naked women to cheer us on.

LilFlattie
07-18-2007, 06:38 PM
The Modesto deal is this weekend and our bro Sanger Rich wants us to go to Berryessa to see his helmet . . . . . . . . on the 28th . . . . I'm flexible, either way . . . . . let me know the plan . . . . .
Scott.........^^^^^^^ that:jawdrop: does not sound right

1980 sanger
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey Lefty call me Mark, Are you guys going this weekend ? 408 857 9117

LandSpeedRacer
07-19-2007, 03:58 AM
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
That's what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanitariumflat
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Modesto got no water. My boat won't run on land. I'm going to PCR with Sanger Rich on the 28th. So who's goin' where this weekend. Rhino, you guys still heading to CFW?

Morg
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't care where you guys go.
I'll be at CFW on Saturday.:) :D :)

LandSpeedRacer
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
So your crossing the border to come out to the cove and play eh?:idea:
I heard you sold your boat!:D
If so bro, I'll let you take some hot laps in my back-up, it's a 1973 Crestliner with a Johnson 65hp - no turbos - sorry:(
Still one hellova ride though . . . . . :eek:
See you Saturday
LSR

Fiat48
07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't care where you guys go.
Come by the shop and get Pyrometer and some injector pills.

Sangster
07-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Quote..."Sanger Rich wants us to go to Berryessa to see his helmet . . ."
Don't listen to this crap Rich... That helmet is gonna give you another 10mph atleast..........;) ;) ;)

HONDOUGH
07-19-2007, 02:31 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: I don't care where you guys go.
I hope those are rumors about selling your boat, way to much time invested, and way to nice of a piece!!!!!!! DONT DO IT. Hope to see ya soon C&C

Morg
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Come by the shop and get Pyrometer and some injector pills.
I can do that. I'll be by tomorrow afternoon.
Or better yet, I'll be by early Saturday morning to pick you up:D :) :D

LandSpeedRacer
07-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey Andy, are you guys going out to CFW this weekend? Smash and I will be there if you need help with the hydro, well be at south shore, down at the bottom of the paved ramp somewhere.
I know Matt went to the coast, we'll still be there.
Hope to see you . . . .
Scott

SANGER-RICH
07-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Quote..."Sanger Rich wants us to go to Berryessa to see his helmet . . ."
Don't listen to this crap Rich... That helmet is gonna give you another 10mph atleast..........;) ;) ;)
Thanks Sangster I needed that pat on the back or helmet:D :)

steveo143
07-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Andy and Frank will be there early Sat. morning. I am stuck in so cal for a while. I think Andy plans to run it hard.

LandSpeedRacer
07-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Great to see you guys at CFW this weekend! Had a great time, enjoyed the company and the hot boats that showed, especially the cone:D .
Tony, it was nice to finally talk to you, please check your pm's.
LSR

Morg
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Holy crap I had a great time.
Around half way back over the hill on the way home, my balls dropped when the shock wore off. I had to pull over & walk it off. Then I could not get comfortable in the seat anymore. Seamed I had some things grow bigger on Saturday after noon.:D :eek: :D
Great to see everybody.

Cole Man II
07-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I also made it out to the lake on Saturday, good day.
I got a few photos of John running the traffic cone. Its a day I will remember.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/John_k-5.JPG

Cole Man II
07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/John_k-6.JPG