PDA

View Full Version : some e bay boats I like

superdave013
04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Not that I don't like that black one. And I do think someone could may be able to get a good boat at a good price out of that deal. (I wouldn't bid on it with out looking at it though).
Here are a couple that I think are pretty nice.
To bad this one has a small block. But I love the 21' Raysons and this one looks bitchen. I bet it still hauls the mail with that turbo sb too. He wants some money for it but you couldn't build it for double what it's at now.
21' Rayson Craft (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412065545&category=31271)
Cole runnerbottom that just poped up.
Buy it now for 7K or bid on it and maybe get it for less. Who knows? Not a bad looking boat to me. So it has a set of jet boat headers on it. That's no big deal. Oh, I'ed have to paint those fenders before I hooked it to the truck. Those colors in So Cal would have all the fags after ya! :rolleyes: Again, no big deal there.
Hey, it's a Cole flat. Gotta love that! If I was closer I'ed have to go take a peek at this one. Boats like this are slim pickns in Plaistow NH.
This would make a great second boat for me!
'82 Cole! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412651152&category=31270)

stix818
04-24-2003, 10:56 PM
I agree with ya superdave. You never know what product you are getting until you look at the product. The best picture in the world will not show wood rot under the glass. The only way for me to buy a boat online is through good sources. People that have seen the boat before and can say it's in descent (worth the price) shape. Just my .02$

396_Z
04-24-2003, 11:20 PM
superdave013:
To bad this one has a small block. But I love the 21' Raysons and this one looks bitchen. I bet it still hauls the mail with that turbo sb too. He wants some money for it but you couldn't build it for double what it's at now.Uh, thats a BB. 408 is a 396 .060 over or a 402 .030 over, look at the mess of pipes the spacing is hard to see but the center two aren't siamesed.
Suprised you didn't know that. Of course I could be wrong and it's a 400 SB bored .040 but I doubt it.
EDIT, your right, I went back and looked at the valve covers and they're 4 bolt's, SBC it is.
[ April 25, 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: 396_Z ]

superdave013
04-25-2003, 05:18 AM
396_Z:
superdave013:
To bad this one has a small block. But I love the 21' Raysons and this one looks bitchen. I bet it still hauls the mail with that turbo sb too. He wants some money for it but you couldn't build it for double what it's at now.Uh, thats a BB. 408 is a 396 .060 over or a 402 .030 over, look at the mess of pipes the spacing is hard to see but the center two aren't siamesed.
Suprised you didn't know that. Of course I could be wrong and it's a 400 SB bored .040 but I doubt it.
EDIT, your right, I went back and looked at the valve covers and they're 4 bolt's, SBC it is. Well it has some pics of it with a blown engine in it too. What ever, big block or small block, it's a very nice looking boat that someone has dumped an ocean of money in. I bet you could get it for way under half what's invested.
But yeah the valve covers on the tubo engine is what made me say sb.

dossangers
04-25-2003, 08:02 AM
the ray son is trick the injected and turbo real trick set up and it is a small block look at the valve covers also never DOUBT SD but the flatty with the trans real NICE NOT! the colors could get you a date in laguna beach thats a real RAINBOW WARRIOR :D :D

superdave013
04-25-2003, 08:24 AM
dossangers:
the ray son is trick the injected and turbo real trick set up and it is a small block look at the valve covers also never DOUBT SD but the flatty with the trans real NICE NOT! the colors could get you a date in laguna beach thats a real RAINBOW WARRIOR :D :D yeah, but it's an '80s boat. Lots of boats and cars had those colors back then. I bet Billy B has repainted a shit load of them. But I agree the paint job colors would have to go. But the boat does not look like a clapped out roach.

dossangers
04-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Its never had enough horsepower to hurt anything or gone over 80mph im thinking 3000.00 tops.

voodooCanoe
04-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Nice Rayson. Small block with a stroke kit!
There are so many different combo's out. It's hard
to say what the stroke and bore are. Just saw a
454 at the machine shop, started for a 351 clevland Ford!

396_Z
04-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Anybody seen the shovel nose (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412801923&category=31271) yet?

Sangster
04-27-2003, 04:02 PM
I believe I seen this boat on Dragboats .com recently....
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_a4147c210d14ab3039f510a398605724/i-1_B.JPG

1Bahnerjet
04-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey wait a minute I think the shovel nosed hydro came from LAGUNA BEACH! All Black gel-cote would really improve this Boat. eek!
-----------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Fiat48
04-30-2003, 06:55 PM
6 hours left and the seller lowers the reserve. Will it sell? Over 2000 page hits!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412651152&category=31270
smile_sp
[ April 30, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Fiat48 ]

cdnguitarsnboats
05-01-2003, 04:51 AM
Being that I live in Northern MA, and I've started lusting after Cole t-decks ever since I started lurking on this site, I decided I had to go check this one out. It's only 35 miles away.
Looking at the pictures, I wasn't crazy about the trailer (moon wheel covers have got to go), the general colour scheme, or the headers. Nothing earth shattering, though.
So, let me just say that the pictures were overly kind. It wasn't a disaster scene, but I would personally be embarrassed to have someone come and see my boat looking like that. It just sort of reeked of neglect.
The hull was okay, minus the fruity paint job that had some gouges and scrapes that were occasionally touched up (poorly). The floor wasn't so hot and looked like it wasn't done at the same time as the paint. The hardware was awful, and not one piece didn't need to be stripped and redone. The wiring needed some help, too.
Under the boat, the strut was kind of nice, but the prop was questionable. Are there steel props that have been chromed over? If there are, the chrome was coming off of this one, and it looked a little beat.
For myself, the engine was the biggest disappointment. He said it was an LS6, which to me means an 11.something to 1 454 with aluminum heads. Kind of interesting, to me, at least. Well, I know iron heads when I see them, and this one had iron heads. Hence, not really an LS6. So, it really just boiled down to being Joe 454 with a bunch of Summit parts stuck on it.
To sum it up, the whole boat needed to be redone, and would probably be a good basis for a restore job. I, personally, just don't see spending 7k on candidate for restoration with an essentially stock engine.
Did anyone check out the bidding history? The timestamps don't make a whole lot of sense, and it seems like people made successive bids without any counter bids. Is this normal, or is this like that shill bid that was discussed a while ago?

voodooCanoe
05-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never known a LS6 to come with aluminum heads?

superV
05-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Al Heads come on LS7 as far as I know.Not the LS6 that is the diff. between the two!

Fiat48
05-01-2003, 12:33 PM
LS-6 was a closed chamber Iron head motor. The Ls-7 was an open chamber Iron head motor. I think the LS-6 was a press piston pin while the Ls-7 was a full float pin. But it's been a long time.

68campbell
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey Superdave
I looked at the pics of that 21 Rayson, If its the boat I think it is it must have 9 lives, I know 2 of its previous owners used it for ski racing. It has always been fast and beautiful.

cdnguitarsnboats
05-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Oops, my bad on the heads. I cross-referenced the LS6 on Google to get casting numbers and descriptions, but I think I misread the info:
"3946074....69&71...rect...OPEN...'69 427 L88, ZL1, Aluminum '71 454 LS6, "round exhaust port"
Thanks for setting me straight, guys.
Jim