PDA

View Full Version : Big THANKS

PHOTOGLOU
07-11-2007, 11:59 PM
River Dave (Dave) and BadBlown572 (Danny) Just left my house after weeks of work on a ski pole for Slightly Cranky and the Catalina Ski Race.... Pics will follow in the morning...
This thing is perfect... Thanks Guys.....
P.S. The three of us pulled on it and No Sign of any problems holding weight on Asphalt....

Jordy
07-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Wow, so RD will work on a shitbox like a Fountain too??? :D :D :D
Looking forward to seeing the pics as RD does turn out some nice work, especially when Danny is overseeing it. :D :D :D

BADBLOWN572
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I am very happy with the way that it turned out. :) It went in smoothly and definitely has enough strength to tow MULTIPLE skiiers. :) It didn't budge when we tugged on it and that will put a lot more force on the pole than a water skiier. :)

Phat Matt
07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
I am very happy with the way that it turned out. :) It went in smoothly and definitely has enough strength to tow MULTIPLE skiiers. :) It didn't budge when we tugged on it and that will put a lot more force on the pole than a water skiier. :)
I think that makes you a pole tugger. :)

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 12:31 PM
No problem Jay, I'm glad you liked the way it turned out.. :)
RD

Steamin' Rice
07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
pics????

riverbound
07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
you are just figuring that out:confused: :D

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
pics????
From what I heard Jay had to deliver a truck to Havasu this morning and pick somethings up while he was out there, so he didn't have time to grab any pics. I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out though. ;)
We didn't have time to engrave it before the race, so that will be done after Catalina.
RD

Big Inch
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I was thinking about getting one of these installed on my boat. Since you guys are in the business can you let me know what is best to keep the brass shiny? The ladies are always dulling the one in my living room all to hell. They claim they are polishing it but I don't buy it. Did you say you can pull skiers with these too?

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I was thinking about getting one of these installed on my boat. Since you guys are in the business can you let me know what is best to keep the brass shiny? The ladies are always dulling the one in my living room all to hell. They claim they are polishing it but I don't buy it. Did you say you can pull skiers with these too?
Have you tried "brasso" brass polisher? There are a variety of others available at any local super market as well. ;)
BTW, I'm not in the business anymore just helping out someone that helps out countless people on ***boat.
RD

Big Inch
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Have you tried "brasso" brass polisher? There are a variety of others available at any local super market as well. ;)
BTW, I'm not in the business anymore just helping out someone that helps out countless people on ***boat.
RD
I tried Brasso but stopped because it leaves a nasty aftertaste:sqeyes:

Cole Trickle
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe Dave can build you some brasso dipped panties and Phatt Matt can make you a CD that has 1,000,000 Beats Per Minute!!!:D:D:idea:
<---- let me know when the polishing is scheduled;)

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I tried Brasso but stopped because it leaves a nasty aftertaste:sqeyes:
Well you could use brasso, and then use "hotsauce" by boatbling on the pole? I'd be a little concerned that the girls would go to swing on it and end up in a wall on the otherside of the room though.. ;)
RD

BDMar
07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Well you could use brasso, and then use "hotsauce" by boatbling on the pole? I'd be a little concerned that the girls would go to swing on it and end up in a wall on the otherside of the room though.. ;)
RD
All I know is that you worked up quite a sweat trial fitting "Jay's Pole" at my shop:D :D

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
All I know is that you worked up quite a sweat trial fitting "Jay's Pole" at my shop:D :D
I was sweatin becuase I was in El Monte.. I was afraid I was gonna get shot by some asian gang bangers! :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RxmfBz2ag
welcome to El Monte.. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
RD

BDMar
07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I was sweatin becuase I was in El Monte.. I was afraid I was gonna get shot by some asian gang bangers! :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RxmfBz2ag
welcome to El Monte.. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
RD
It might have had something to do with it being 263 degrees that day!

RiverDave
07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Or it could've been that too... ;)
I wish I had taken some pictures of your shop. Definately impressive capabillities for a marine shop. Lots of cool shit going on as well! Not just the same ole installs.
RD

phebus
07-12-2007, 09:43 PM
From what I heard Jay had to deliver a truck to Havasu this morning and pick somethings up while he was out there, so he didn't have time to grab any pics. I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out though. ;)
We didn't have time to engrave it before the race, so that will be done after Catalina.
RD
We met Jay in Ludlow today with a new car for my daughter, so I can vow for him having a busy day.
Thanks Jay, my daughter loves you :D

Havasu1986
07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
We met Jay in Ludlow today with a new car for my daughter, so I can vow for him having a busy day.
Thanks Jay, my daughter loves you :D
Rick...Did you leave him there. :D How did he get home. :confused: