PDA

View Full Version : Ants and Monster's

lucky
07-12-2007, 07:40 AM
It has been extreamly hot in Nor Cal. ! The ants have found it necessary to invade my office . In a tatical mauneuver i decided to redirect their thirst for sugar by placing a half used enenergy drink about 30 feet outside my office - It has worked to a certain extent. I am fasinated by the effect of the ants on Monsters- those little ****ers are in High gear:D I wonder the effect if i add Vodka :) :D Interesting -

I'mTheBeaver
07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree with you. When it's cold, they come inside. When it's hot, they come inside. Because Vegas is so dry, we don't get a lot of bugs here but this year the bug issues have been bad. :yuk:
Speaking of bugs, I have a slightly creepy story to share which I will spill here because I highly doubt the person will read it on this forum as opposed to posting it my blog.
I was in North Hills this past weekend and stayed with a friend of mine. I was just happy to have a place to stay so I didn't care that I was sleeping on stacked airbeds in her spare bedroom. (She just moved in so furnishing will be slow and steady).
The entire house except the dining and kitchen area has hardwood floors including the room I was staying in so at night, I took off my shorts and left it on the floor next my bed (seemingly safe given the hardwood floors) and crawled into bed. Note: the room is empty. There is nothing else but the airbed and my shorts lying alone on the floor.
In the middle of the night, I woke up thirsty and got up in the dark to get a glass of water (not wanting to turn on the light which might shine out through the 3" gap from under my door into her room). Since it wouldn't be appropriate to walk around my host's house in my underwear, I slipped on my shorts.
Then I felt creepy crawly's up and down my legs and all over my tush. I immediately pulled off my shorts and pulled on the light switch. There were ants, ANTS, in my shorts and they scattered in ever direction from my shorts on the floor!! :eek: I don't think I left chocolate chip cookies or anything in the pockets...?? I think my shorts were just warm and they sought shelter in them because the room and harwood floors were cold.
Needless to stay, I couldn't shake the "ants crawling over me" feeling and didn't get any shut eye after 3 a.m. that night. :(
Lesson learned--I didn't leave anything on the floor for the rest of my stay. I think they would've walked off with my cell phone or laptop if I left it there--or my shorts had I not woken up!
I think I'm gonna take your advice and douse Vodka over them the next time I have an encounter.