PDA

View Full Version : Any one have a Kirby vac?

Danhercules
07-12-2007, 04:37 PM
A rep was here and did his thing.
Impressive, but damn thats a lot of cash for a vac!!!!!
Just wondering if someone on here has one and if you notice a diffrence.

Jordy
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Guy was here and did his thing.
Did you cuddle afterwards or just go workout??? :idea: :D

Danhercules
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Did you cuddle afterwards or just go workout??? :idea: :D
Thanks homo! ;)

Screemy1
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I used my friends because she has a kirby on the 1st floor and a dyson upstairs.... used both and afterwards I went out and bought a dyson... it is great and I would not ever used the attachments.... but she likes them both and would not get rid of either...

squirt'nmyload
07-12-2007, 04:44 PM
nothing like gaying it up in the first post :D :D

Jordy
07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
You think that's any better??? :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
You think that's any better??? :D :D :D
he was the first post turbo :D :D

centerhill condor
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
had a kirby since '92. Made right here in the good ole USA.
Been a good machine and I use it twice a week.

BDMar
07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
We've had one for about 15 years. Nice piece and the shampoo attachment is nice too. Just took a sh!t.... Going to the Kirby doc. for a check up.

shippingguy
07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I have one and it is awesome. The adapters are great to for cleaning base boards and window coverings. I got the whole set up for $699. You can work those guys down for sure:)

Jordy
07-12-2007, 04:54 PM
he was the first post turbo :D :D
He edited it though, look at the quote in post #2 turbo. :notam:

Danhercules
07-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I have one and it is awesome. The adapters are great to for cleaning base boards and window coverings. I got the whole set up for $699. You can work those guys down for sure:)
How long ago? That seems cheep.

MR FLYIN VEE
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
They are like $3,000.00 now aren't they. :jawdrop:
I get the wife the cheap $ 69.00 one and it works fine.:D

Danhercules
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I was thinkin bout getting the pet dyson. Then this shmo knocked on the door. I was impressed with the performance of the vac. Lots of dirt cummin up.

Danhercules
07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Lots of dirt cummin up.
Just for you Jordy!! :D

squirt'nmyload
07-12-2007, 05:24 PM
He edited it though, look at the quote in post #2 turbo. :notam:
doh :D

hoolign
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
"welcome To the Kirby family" :rolleyes: Over priced, bucha crap! Spend a G on a built in and put some outlets in the garage! Kirby can suck my ass!:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Nothing better than a Miele. We've had ours for 7 years and are very happy. So much so that we had a Miele dishwasher and looking to buy another. They are not cheap, but worth the $$$$.

boats&bars
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Big heavy P.O.S.......

HavaSkank
07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I was drunk when my Kirby rep came over. He was vacuuming every room, vacuuming my mattresses, shampooing couches and chairs...I had that poor boy cleaning my shit for HOURS!
I finally felt guilty and wrote the lil bastard a check for $1600. I woke up the next morning and felt like HE raped ME!
Oh well. It works good, Im dust mite free...whatever that's suppose to mean

Mrs.Moose on the loose
07-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Ok here we go, this is right up my alley, in 1986 they came to our door and showed me everything, my hubby went outside and laughed at them, after 1 hour passed, they walked outside leaving laughing at him, Yes I did it, $1200.00 later and I loved it at the time, but 3 years ago I let purple heart have it, it was so heavy and I was so tired of it, but hubby didn't let me live it down for all those years. I am the Vaccume QUEEN, I have a fetish about vaccuming, I have wore out 2 sets of carpeting throughout the house and I vaccume 2-3 times a day, so he finally put 1/2 the house in tile to save money. I even vaccume our trailer when were camping about 3-4 times a day.
I went through 4 different types of vaccumes after the kirby and hated all of them. NOne of them sucked good and I hated the bags. Well last year on mothers day I came home and they surprised me with a "DYSON" I love it and it sucks real good. I love seeing all the dirt and especially human hair in the canister, since there are 3 girls in this house with long hair. It is a total thrill to see it all sucked up and knowing the house is clean. Plus it has a hepa filter.
I know Kirby's and Rainbows are good vac's but don't waste your money, go with the Dyson and enjoy, Costco sells them for 469.00? plus just think, the return policy is the bomb, plus if you are a executive memeber you will earn your 2% back at the end of your year.
I am teased about vaccuming so much but I love it and I am the bomb when it comes time to vaccume. If I am nervous when we are racing the pit crew knows where to find me, yes in the trailer vaccuming.
any question plz PM me and I will be more than happy to help you plus look at it this way with the 2/3 of the money you are saving you can buy something for the boat.
Mrs. Moose

Nord
07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Do not get ripped off for the Kirby Vac for price. They guy just came out 2 weeks ago did a shampoo in my dining room then vacuumed it. He told me he only had 3 more to sell then he gets a trip to Mexico. I asked him how many he had to sell total to get the trip. He replied with 20. This is right after he told me he just started with the company 3 weeks previous.:rolleyes: After it was all said and done, he told me the price was 3200 bucks. I told him there was no way but I would I would think about it. He called me 2 days ago and said I could pick it up for 1900.
If your going to buy one, offer 1900 and DO NOT pay a penny more.
All that being said, I'm sure your regular vacuum and 2 carpet cleanings a year will be just fine with A LOT less work
~NORD~

OverKill
07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Go with the DYSON ANIMAL we bought one when we moved into our new house. It puts my mother in law's Kirby to shame. Best $500 you will ever spend, hands down!!!

BadKachina
07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Im dust mite free...
I'll bet...:)

revndave
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I have 2 Kirbys.My wifes grandma gave us a 1956 with all attachments.It works great.Just bought a new one from a door to door salesman a couple of months ago.He started at 2235.00 ahour later 1000.00 with all attachments.love that vacum.

BadKachina
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
No, but my ex does a great impersonation of one :eek:
You should have kept her around.;)

Cas
07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I've had mine since 1979 and it's still going strong although I am tired of the weight thing. We bought a Hoover bagless turbo HEPA something or another and it works great.
Kirby has been retired at this point but it's been through a lot. I used it many times to vacuum jobsites and will probably continue to use it for that.

jamesnismo2006
07-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I dont have a Kirby Vac, however I do have a Dyson DC17 animal. Best $500 I have ever spent on a vaccuum. I had a pretty decent one from costco and vaccuumed a room with that first. Then came through with my DC17 after the floor has just been vaccumed. It was amazing what was still on the floor that the dyson picked up. My german shepherd sheds alot and with the vaccuum I cant even tell a dog lives here.

SummerBreeze
07-13-2007, 04:58 AM
I had a young smoken hot Kirby sales chick stop by one day. She did the demo thing with her nipples showin in a belly shirt.
The Vac was great and so was the show.
I didn't buy one $$$$ to much money

Caljamr
07-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Go with the DYSON ANIMAL we bought one when we moved into our new house. It puts my mother in law's Kirby to shame. Best $500 you will ever spend, hands down!!!
My dad is a "vacuum junky" and we bought him a Dyson Animal. He just finished vacuuming with his old vacuum cleaner and we walked through the door with the new one. He vacuumed again and couldn't believe what the old vacuum was not picking up. I bought myself a Dyson Animal and i've been very impressed with it.
Like someone said a decent vacuum cleaner and two carpet cleanings a year works fine.

soupersonic
07-13-2007, 07:53 AM
We've had one for about 15 years. Nice piece and the shampoo attachment is nice too. Just took a sh!t.... Going to the Kirby doc. for a check up.
Same here, mine just died. :(

TRUMP TIGHT
07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
My mom bought one last year and hell ya there is a difference! They paid $1800 called in a couple days later to say they didnt want it because it was just too much....they dropped the price to $1100.

desertbird
07-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Momma has one and loves it, although it looks like they haven't had a redesign since the 50's!!
Personally, I'm totally happy with our Bissell Bagless. It fills the chamber every time and we clean the filters every other. If there is more dirt on the floor than this thing picks up. I don't want to know about it!!!
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Cole
07-13-2007, 08:26 AM
My X has one she loves it....we had the guy come to our house a few months ago, after a complete demonstration and a few hours later his final cost was $900.00. They can be bought for less...its kinda like buying a car... I guess.

Mrs. 20
07-13-2007, 08:32 AM
What do you all use to get sand out of your boats carpet??? :confused:

shippingguy
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
If we happen to get sand in the boat we use a good Shop Vac.

Danhercules
07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
If there is sand on the carpet, I just trim it up and let the nose bounce a few time. Sand is gone, and face is exfolliated. (sp) LOL

BBGetOn
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
My vote's for Dyson!

EXTRMBT
07-13-2007, 09:46 AM
k i r b y is now spelled d y s o n
Have the 1st gen dyson animal and the new DC16 Root 6. Part of the family now. Will never go back to any other vac. The Root6 is great for little clean ups without having to take the animal out. The animal will suck crap out of the carpet you thought your old vac clened up.

OverKill
07-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Your gonna love this. I use the Dyson brush attatchment with my Craftsman shop vac. Works like a charm.

2Driver
07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I'll bet...:)
I think she was referring to the carpet on the floor. :D

Mountainstone
07-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We bought a Dyson DC17 (the newest model animal vacuum)about three weeks ago and LOVE it. It works so well it actually grabbed a little loop of my berber carpet that was sticking up and ripped a long seam right out of the weave before I got it shut down. My two-year-old Bissel vacuum had crossed that same little loop a buncha times without ever disturbing it. The pet hair "turbo" attachment gets cat hair off the upholstery like a champ, and the long attachment wand is great for getting up into the corners and the ceiling fans and stuff. We paid about $470 at Best Buy. Shop around because prices vary by about $100.