PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I did my annual " toe someone back to the launch ramp" deed

lewiville
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
and the mutha phuka offers up no $$$ for taking the time to take his ass back 5 miles to the launch ram at Moabi on Friday. That pisses me off. Throw me a beer or a pork chop or something. I just took an hour and half out of my day to take your broken down rig back to the launch ramp. :mad: :mad: :devil:

mobldj
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
dont worry you got karma credit now,his worries will continue

MRS FLYIN VEE
and the mutha phuka offers up no $$$ for taking the time to take his ass back 5 miles to the launch ram at Moabi on Friday. That pisses me off. Throw me a beer or a pork chop or something. I just took an hour and half out of my day to take your broken down rig back to the launch ramp. :mad: :mad: :devil:
:jawdrop: That would piss me off too. I hate rude people. :mad: Your a good man for doin it..Even though he was a jerk about it.:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
Did your see our comments about Karma in another thread...it will all come back to you. A good deed is never left alone. You are a good boater, Lew...

lewiville
07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Did your see our comments about Karma in another thread...it will all come back to you. A good deed is never left alone. You are a good boater, Lew...
Gosh :) :)
Did you see me putting though the moabi channel?

HPBoats83
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I must say I have towed two people back to the ramp in havasu (seperate times, seperate weekends), they offered me money but didn't take it. I just recently had to be towed back and didn't have any cash to offer up. I was extremely greatful; however, I just didn't have any cash or I would have offered. I do believe in the karma and just hope when I do good deeds, it comes back when I need help.

Mandelon
07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Payed it forward... its the right thing.
I've towed back many people, and been towed back once.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I must say I have towed two people back to the ramp in havasu (seperate times, seperate weekends), they offered me money but didn't take it. I just recently had to be towed back and didn't have any cash to offer up. I was extremely greatful; however, I just didn't have any cash or I would have offered. I do believe in the karma and just hope when I do good deeds, it comes back when I need help.
You just noted that you HAVE towed people back and you have been towed. There you go....THAT'S Karma. GOOD Karma. :) :)

DILLIGAF
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
It ain't about the money. Good job

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Payed it forward... its the right thing.
I've towed back many people, and been towed back once.
Pay It Forward...did you see the movie? Pay It Forward...it's a good idea!:)

AZKC
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
+1 Do the right thing:)

Jordy
07-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Does karma still count if you "toe" them instead of towing them??? :idea: :D
j/k, you did the right thing, and it will come back to you when you need it. ;)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Does karma still count if you "toe" them instead of towing them??? :idea: :D
)
Ooooh that's bad Karma right there..don't say that! :eek:

HPBoats83
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
That's all I hope for is karma comming back to me. I will continue to tow people when I see somebody who needs a hand, one day it may be you when you spent all your cash on gas.

MRSDRMCAT
07-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I am the worst speller......:idea: :) ;) :confused: :) so no hating here just want to say....."was it a toe or a finger?" LOL

Cigalert
07-13-2007, 04:42 AM
I towed back a couple "water rods" when I was testing my wiring and stereo out at elsinore. They were broken down by the north end and they needed a lift to the public dock. Nice choppy ride all the way across the lake. I dropped them perfectly parallel to the dock and all they had to do was step off and hold their ropes. Not even a thank you. They had SBFD shirts on. F'n toolbags.
On the bright side one of them was wearing snow skiing bibs, an under armor long sleave shirt with snow goggles on. Entertaining to say the least.

Lightning
07-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Number one rule of towing....expect you will be towed soon as well.
Number two rule of towing....don't expect anything in return, it's a good deed - that's it.
Number three rule of towing....offer thanks, money, and beer. If you don't have two of these three, that's ok, see rule #2

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-13-2007, 06:35 AM
We have towed many boats and been towed what seems like hundreds of times. Just ask Riverbound. ;) He spent an entire summer as our tow boat. :D
Its just good karma to help someone out. :)
I will say, being towed in by a seadoo at Elsinore is not a proud moment. :eek: :D

Ms.Havasu
07-13-2007, 06:43 AM
We have towed and been towed. We always offer a few bucks and no one has ever accepted it. Likewise we have never accepted any money for towing. It's the right thing to do. One time we didn't have any money on us and really felt bad that we couldn't offer anything more then some beer for the tow. Hopefully that guy didn't think we were jerks, but maybe he did.
Before sea tow came on the lake everyone use to help each other out. Now when a boat is broken down most people fly by like it's a stalled car on the freeway waiting for the tow truck. It's like the commercial operators have given alot of people an excuse not to stop. Times have changed, I think alot of people out there don't even realise that they are suppose to offer assistance.
For me Karma = Help when you can, don't expect to prosper from it (Anymore then a heartfelt thank you) and if your lucky when it happen to you someone will come along in your time of need to lend a helping hand.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Why the expectation of some form of "payment"? The best "payment" you can receive is knowing you helped someone out and asking them to do the same if the opportunity presents itself.....

lewiville
07-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Why the expectation of some form of "payment"? The best "payment" you can receive is knowing you helped someone out and asking them to do the same if the opportunity presents itself.....
Its not really the form of payment, I guess its just the fact that he could have been more greatful. I guess its just where I come from. You have a good point here. I dont need anything really, but maybe a beer :D

a catered life
07-13-2007, 07:12 AM
thats what i was thinking but hell who am i to say that the last guy i towed back to the ramp purchased my boat 6 hours later:D

lewiville
07-13-2007, 07:15 AM
thats what i was thinking but hell who am i to say that the last guy i towed back to the ramp purchased my boat 6 hours later:D
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

a catered life
07-13-2007, 07:20 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
yea it was real sweet but my kids were pissed as hell:mad: :jawdrop: ...they couldnt believe their dad sold the boat on the second day of their 3 day weekend on the river in hot ass blythe....my daughter was so pissed:mad: she wanted me to take the radio out, keep the paddle, keep the vest, keep the second set of keys and anything eles that was easy to remove

lewiville
07-13-2007, 07:22 AM
yea it was real sweet but my kids were pissed as hell:mad: :jawdrop: ...they couldnt believe their dad sold the boat on the second day of their 3 day weekend on the river in hot ass blythe....my daughter was so pissed:mad: she wanted me to take the radio out, keep the paddle, keep the vest, keep the second set of keys and anything eles that was easy to remove
how long did you have it? Boat can be very sentimental

a catered life
07-13-2007, 07:26 AM
how long did you have it? Boat can be very sentimental
about 2 years it was our first..we completely rebuilt it from floor up..i bought it as a piece of crap and dumped a lot of cash in it...when i sold it i had just rebuilt the motor.....second time out and sold her...took me 3 years to get back into boating but it was worth the wait we got bigger, faster, and more family friendly:D

Jyruiz
07-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I have only towed two boats so far, both were a little surprised that a jetski stopped to ask if they needed help. One of them offered me money, but just seeing him and his family relieved was good enough for me, they had been trying to wave people down and nobody would stop and thought they were going to be stuck for the night out their with there little kid, and I did not take the money.
The second boat was taking in water from how bad the conditions were, it was a low profile boat. I towed them to Windsor, they said thanks, I said no problem and moved on. Helping somebody from sinking their boat was good enough for me.
All this talk about towing though, has made me a little nervous that I have yet to be towed, so I think I am going to have to get a SeaTow membership.:)

Cole
07-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Oh common...isn't anyone going to comment on the "toe" spelling!!! :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
See post 12 and 14.....:D

Cole
07-13-2007, 07:58 AM
See post 12 and 14.....:D
:D :D :)

lewiville
07-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm free from spelling errors. I have a disclaimer in my avatar. nananana
I also got a back up source. "spell check"

Ziggy
07-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Expecting something other than a thanks shouldn't be.
I've towed(or is that toed?) multiple folks back to somewhere. most offered something but never really accepted it...One guy threw money in my boat as we pulled away...LOL
Technically, if there are people in the towed boat they are supposed to be wearing PFD's.....no different than someone in a tube or other towable. ;)

Chase
07-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Number one rule of towing....expect you will be towed soon as well.
Number two rule of towing....don't expect anything in return, it's a good deed - that's it.
Number three rule of towing....offer thanks, money, and beer. If you don't have two of these three, that's ok, see rule #2
I so agree!!

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
On the bright side one of them was wearing snow skiing bibs, an under armor long sleave shirt with snow goggles on. Entertaining to say the least.
WTF, where are the pictures of this. Too funny.

Xlration Marine
07-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I was towed in last year. They tossed me my rope and went on there way. The next time out I help a group of people, not even a thanks. But I expected nothing and that's what I got. Well they did get a nice big fine for having to many people on a rental house boat. 25 max with 51 on board. I would help again and not ask for or expect any thing. Your expectation meter is set to high, put it to zero.

Cigalert
07-13-2007, 11:04 AM
WTF, where are the pictures of this. Too funny.
I actually had the camera on the boat and was trying to get my buddy to snap a few shots just for entertainment value. He tapped me and said "Check the uni of co-pilot". I pissed just hearing that and rolled even harder when I saw skippy.
I don't expect anything from anyone ever. Especially on the water. I've always turned down the dangling $20 bill or beer. I don't need those things. I help because I don't want to get left out on the water. But my gut feeling was, these guys headed out expecting someone to do the dirty work when they broke their chit. It's the lack of courtesy from the latest style of boaters. The idiot that will cut you off and then expect you to help them because they're flappin theirs arms around.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
That sucks! Just an offer makes people feel good about helping. I have been offered money for towing peeps and never accepted it.Hell I have even threw a few beers to peeps that I have towed in. Its always about helping out others. I cant stand people that dont appreciate help. Thats just plain rude!!!!!