PDA

View Full Version : Circle boat racing is the best!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-04-2002, 08:57 PM
I know I am a jet guy but I was raised on a v-drive. I have one thing to say and that is "Damn"! I was at the finals all day fri,sat,and sunday and I think the circle boats are the best races of all. Those guys sure know how to drive a boat. Every time they called for "superstock" I was running with the camcorder to film them. I showed the film to my dad he was yelling like it was a football game. I just wanted to give you flatties a 2 thumbs up. If I were ever to start racing a boat it would be a superstock and nothing else. I still love them jets but there is room in my blood for a v-drive. I dont think I could take the beating from riding across a lake but I sure would love to run a superstock :D :D :D wink
396--out

Morg
11-04-2002, 10:25 PM
I sold my Hondo & am now in the midst. of a complete restoration of a Revenge sprint. Can't wait to get it done.
I agree on the sprint Super Stocks, They are the best & a great group of people to hang around with.
Check out the "Show you boat thread" there are a couple of sprint projects in there.
Morg

ps555
11-04-2002, 10:30 PM
I got a superstock myself and I would have to agree with you on the circle boats man.Its crazy going into a one pin turn with 6 boats going over 100mph eek! . By the 396_WAYS_TO_SPLIT i got a ss boat ready to rock and roll for sale :D

126driver
11-05-2002, 06:32 AM
396 - on behalf of the Superstock Racing Series, thanks for the compliment! There was some bitchin racing between Ty and Dave. We missed Friday and had a minor problem that left us dead in the water on Sunday, but it sure was great to finally get the boat back on the water. Stop by our pits next time and say hi. We met a few guys from the boards, nice to put a face with a screen name.
Morg - get off of the boards, grab the space heater, and get in the garage. :D
ps555 - are you the guy that Jim N. has been helping out?

LeE ss13
11-05-2002, 07:55 AM
That sure do look like fun !!!!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/ss_parade_lap_sat.JPG

Sangster
11-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Morg, Looks like your gonna have to get one of those spitoon's to put on top of your motor if you wanna go fast...Or is that where you chill the champaign when you win the main event.... :D :D
[ November 05, 2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Morg
11-05-2002, 03:02 PM
126Driver,
I have been taking the 150,000 BTU propane (Jet Turbine) heater from our shop at work. It heats up the garage in around 30 seconds. eek! eek!
Sangster,
I think one of your scoop's will go nicely on the sinle carb motor. You kow when I get close I will be bug'n you. :D wink :D
[ November 05, 2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Morg ]

Jordy
11-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Look at all the velocity stacks... they must work for something I suppose.
Too bad they dont have the same feature mine seems to have:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/fishbowl.JPG
Jordy :D

ps555
11-05-2002, 05:16 PM
126driver ya im the guy Newtons been helping out. To bad I f*&#ed up in san diego and crashed, after he got my boat all ready to go,it really sucks ass when your budget is low and shit like this happens, back to square one again, the good thing i guess is that its winter time and i have a lot of time to refund myself and Jim. I know one thing for being a rookie with ssrs and drawing a heat with ss91,ss70,ss98,ss32, you sure do learn alot.(stay the hell out of the way to)

dossangers
11-05-2002, 08:42 PM
http://www.superstockracing.com/photos/20020921SD/sss_newton_bryant_battle.jpg YEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!

dossangers
11-05-2002, 08:47 PM
http://www.superstockracing.com/photos/boats/ss6sideways.jpg holyshit!!!

460 jus getn it
11-05-2002, 10:02 PM
you super stock guys are kicka--. i was at the races this last weekend with 396 and superstock had me running to the grandstands to get my seat.100+ and macking hair pin turns thats awsome........

CircleJerk
11-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Good Stuff! I can't help it! I have to plug our old circle Sangers, Laveys, Hallets, Wickens, Hondos, Raysons, since we run the 'other' brands that once held the super stock spotlight!! What did you expect? The Jerk sittin here silent and not promoting the oldies? Sure, those Bezers look cool and wild and their drivers are talented to say the least! But, the Northwest has some old Jones hulls and the like that BEAT Super Stock Series boats more than once! Maybe someone will try our short courses and compete with our antiques next year. Jerkstill :p

126driver
11-07-2002, 06:12 AM
Jerk - we're thinking about it. We're building the boat right now. wink

e-ticket
11-07-2002, 09:10 AM
Anyone know what happened to the gnracing website?

CircleJerk
11-08-2002, 12:29 AM
126driver:
Jerk - we're thinking about it. We're building the boat right now. wink OH YA...Prove it! Got any pictures or is it a secret?
I have flashbacks to conversations I had with Lance,especially the one I had about his Dads' Lavey that was in moth balls. I never believed he was serious when he said he'd come and race Nostalgia with it. Later, I found out he had told Mr.Video Guy that he planned to haul it to Washington after the Burley race and bring as many of you guys as he could! If anyone ever asks who thought of Nostalgia boat racing first, my answer is The Great Lance Faulkner: our inspiration and greatly missed friend! Good luck SS126 ...JustaCircleJerk...and proud to be one!!!
[ November 08, 2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

Her454
11-08-2002, 05:26 AM
Hats Off to those guys that circle race! In my opinion it takes a hell of alot more to do that than straight down the track (Im probably gonna hear about this one!) but I definitly have respect for both. I love to watch those guys tho, to put it bluntly, "they shit and git".

126driver
11-08-2002, 06:24 AM
CJ - '72 Biesemeyer long deck brother!! Does that work? Ex-ski racing boat. It's actually my crew chief's boat. He's doing a grounds-up restro and asked me if I'd drive in in a few nostalgia races.

blondie#1
11-08-2002, 05:36 PM
126driver:
CJ - '72 Biesemeyer long deck brother!! Does that work? Ex-ski racing boat. It's actually my crew chief's boat. He's doing a grounds-up restro and asked me if I'd drive in in a few nostalgia races.Can't wait to see it. This coming year is going to be exciting to say the least. That's all I can tell you for now. See you in 2003! :D

PGF545
11-08-2002, 06:11 PM
126...it was great getting to meet you and thank you for introducing me to the contact....maybe things will work out and you guys can come to Texas and race. Even though I love the drag boats, I love to watch a group of circle boats haul around the course. You guys put on a GREAT show last weekend. Good luck and maybe I will see you guys next year.
Bernie

FLYTE RISK
11-08-2002, 07:29 PM
jordanpaulk:
Look at all the velocity stacks... they must work for something I suppose.
Too bad they dont have the same feature mine seems to have:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/fishbowl.JPG
Jordy :D Damn jordan if you could get me one to spit up lobster or shrimp i'll take it wink

FlatRacer
11-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Yup, I don't mean to put the drag racers down, but I've tried it (dragging), and I just don't get it. It's an awful lot of work to do just to go for a 12 second boat ride. I passed the finish line and just kept going down the river! eek! I wasn't ready to stop the ride. I need to be out there for a few minutes at least! wink
FR

CircleJerk
11-09-2002, 01:05 AM
126driver:
CJ - '72 Biesemeyer long deck brother!! Does that work? Ex-ski racing boat. It's actually my crew chief's boat. He's doing a grounds-up restro and asked me if I'd drive in in a few nostalgia races.Great! I drugged an old drag racer of 49 years experience and carried him to our last race as my crew chief and he loved it! Jackson said,"That's the most fun I've had in 35 years!" He drove a light shovel nose Sanger with Hemi power and then went altered roadster racing. His fine 75 Gull bottom Beisemeyer is almost ready with an injected stroker 392!!! He said he put 40 years of racing experience into it so it had better run! I assume you are racing down south close to home so let me know the scuttlebug from the APBA boys. Incidently, he used to race RipTides Dad in the 60's, so maybe we'll see the Rip when their reunion takes place! His boat's name was'Wicked Wahine'. Jerkout

126driver
11-09-2002, 09:35 AM
PGF545:
126...it was great getting to meet you and thank you for introducing me to the contact....maybe things will work out and you guys can come to Texas and race. Even though I love the drag boats, I love to watch a group of circle boats haul around the course. You guys put on a GREAT show last weekend. Good luck and maybe I will see you guys next year.
BernieLikewise 545. That would be bitchin' to add another race to the Series. Next time we need to hook up at the end of the day and fire up the blender. eek! :D

GofastRacer
11-09-2002, 03:31 PM
e-ticket:
Anyone know what happened to the gnracing website?Here it is!..... :cool:
http://www.scscracing.org/GN/GN_Homex.html