PDA

View Full Version : Small World...

HM
07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
It really is amazing how small this world is...
The other day I figure out that I knew Where's my keys (a little bit...knew his brother a little better.) Dean is an old fart compared to me. :devil:
Today...I am buying a 24" cruiser from Busby....and as we talk we figure out we went to the same high school....and I sold him my Baja Bug back in 1986 or 87! Those of you that know him today with short hair should have seen him with long Leaf Garret hair back in the Day.
FYI - BrianB never had hair.
Any other small world stories?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Mr. Harley use to be our nextel rep. :jawdrop:

yopengo
07-13-2007, 09:21 AM
One time at Disneyland I went on this really annoying ride…:D

BoatFloating
07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
It really is amazing how small this world is...
The other day I figure out that I knew Where's my keys (a little bit...knew his brother a little better.) Dean is an old fart compared to me. :devil:
Today...I am buying a 24" cruiser from Busby....and as we talk we figure out we went to the same high school....and I sold him my Baja Bug back in 1986 or 87! Those of you that know him today with short hair should have seen him with long Leaf Garret hair back in the Day.
That 24" cruiser is a perfect size for you.

lucky
07-13-2007, 09:26 AM
:D yea one day at band camp i got blown by a midget .......... :D

Mattman
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
I dated Cigalert's sister almost 20 years ago. Re-connected with him here on the boards.

WYRD
07-13-2007, 09:36 AM
anybody else see the irony in HolyMoly starting a "small world" thread:D

lewiville
07-13-2007, 09:46 AM
damn, what with all the hatin in here? :eek: :eek:

hoolign
07-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Should have read " It's a big world" :D

topless
07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
:D yea one day at band camp i got blown by a midget .......... :DYa FAGGGG!!!!:jawdrop:

WYRD
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
damn, what with all the hatin in here? :eek: :eek:
no hating just a little ribbing:)

havasurat27
07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I do believe that at some time we all went to different schools together.

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 10:13 AM
This is really more your speciality.:)
You nut splittin, speedo wearing...***boater!:D
Actually - There was a "What High School" thread a while back and I discovered that there are a few members that currnetly live and used to live in my old hood. One on my old street even. Were talking Brea in the 70's. Not a huge town by any means.

Havasu1986
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Bunny166 dated a guy that I work with when they were 14. :eek: :D

Biglue
07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
LOL, no shit.
Turns out I went to school with Boatnam's younger brother.

HM
07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
This is really more your speciality.:)
You nut splittin, speedo wearing...***boater!:D
Actually - There was a "What High School" thread a while back and I discovered that there are a few members that currnetly live and used to live in my old hood. One on my old street even. Were talking Brea in the 70's. Not a huge town by any means.
I was born in Brea...1967. Lived in Yorba Linda until 1977. Bought my first motorcycle from my the neighbor across the street: Mickey Dymond, back when he did hill climb racing at age 10.

HM
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
LOL all you fockers! :D

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Interesting timing of this thread. Im receiving PMs that might lead to one of those 'small world' moments. I'll keep you posted if it involves anything sexual, criminal or immoral.

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I was born in Brea...1967. Lived in Yorba Linda until 1977. Bought my first motorcycle from my the neighbor across the street: Mickey Dymond, back when he did hill climb racing at age 10.
There ya go...smaller yet.
Mickey Dymond? They guy who races Supermoto on a Katoomer?

HM
07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
There ya go...smaller yet.
Mickey Dymond? They guy who races Supermoto on a Katoomer?
That's the guy. He raced super cross back in the day.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Soon after I joined then HB forums, I saw the name PHOTOGLOU. I sent a PM to Jay and asked him if his dad was named Mike and if he had an uncle named Jim.
I grew up and went to school (from 3rd grade) with Jay's uncle Jim. (my best friend) Jay's dad, Mike was my brothers age, but I still knew him well enough to have gotten a ride in his 11 second 56 Chevy which, in the 60's was damn fast.
Jay's uncle Jim, who is an amazing singer and songer writer, and I are still in touch. I just saw Jay's dad at benifit show where Jim Photoglo was performing. The Photoglou's are great people, so it's no wonder Jay is as good a guy as he is.
A small world for sure
John M

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 11:02 AM
That's the guy. He raced super cross back in the day.
I guess that's why magazines label him in his "Golden Age of Racing".
Wonder how old he is...
Anyway - off topic...sorry.
Back to the "small world" programming.:D :D :D

HM
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess that's why magazines label him in his "Golden Age of Racing".
Wonder how old he is...
Anyway - off topic...sorry.
Back to the "small world" programming.:D :D :D
He is 41. Or...will be this year...he is 1 year older than me and has a younger brother the same age as me named Ricky.

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I was best friends in high school (fountain valley) with Clownpuncher's older sister.
Sandbar Mike did the electrical work in our kitchen (excellent job!):D
uh, River Dave sold me a prop?
:D

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
He is 41. Or...will be this year...he is 1 year older than me and has a younger brother the same age as me named Ricky.
I was thinking late 30's. I am 40 as well. I just can't imagine racing two wheelers at 41. Freakin brave I must say.
So looks like a small world here::idea:
Brea (where?)
Mission V-j-ho
Tae-kwon-Do -Kids at the same rank (close)
And I would hold Later down so you could kick his junk when ever you need.:D

Boatcop
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
One time at Disneyland I went on this really annoying ride…:D
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all
There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small, small world
(repeat infinitum)

yopengo
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
And the oceans are wide
(repeat infinitum)
:jawdrop: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Make it stop. :D

HM
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
And I would hold Later down so you could kick his junk when ever you need.:D
I wonder if Later knows that the list of people willing to hold him down while I kick him in the junk is nearing triple digits?
Oh...I was born in Brea....Hospital. Back in 1967, Yorba Linda didn't even have a grocery store.

Havasu1986
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh...I was born in Brea....Hospital. Back in 1967, Yorba Linda didn't even have a grocery store.
We do now.. and alot more houses. :(

PHOTOGLOU
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
And the oceans are wide
(repeat infinitum)
Talk about a small world..... I got a ticket by boatcop just as I first started posting here on ***boat back in 2004..... It was a small ticket No Name on the back of a Federally Documented boat.. Thursday before Memorial weekend.... Ticket needed to be signed off by the Coast Guard before it could go back in the water... Have you seen a Coast Gurad station near Parker????? Alan you could have just told me to go to Havasu for the weekend:D Didn't figure it out till I was driving a vehicle out to him for a delivery....:D

Debbolas
07-14-2007, 08:49 AM
i made you dinner:D
You are an excellent cook! :D Come on out to Katherines next week, you can watch me dock my boat :D :D :D
Once on the way back from Lake Powell. We blew a tire on our trailer and the Nevada CHP that stopped to help us remarked on our OP6 sticker and said he posted on ***boat (I can't remember his name) He was kind enough to look up a place that would come out to us to replace our tires ( we used up all our spares) Nice guy:D

Mattman
07-14-2007, 10:07 AM
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
And the oceans are wide
(repeat infinitum)
So that's what our brass does at the Leadership Institute and all of their scheme, I mean, team building workshops!! Now it makes sense why the fkn place runs like D-Land...;)

OCMerrill
07-14-2007, 12:25 PM
That's funny ! My first piece of *ss was in Brea 3-5-66. lol, back behind some orange trees in the back of a p/u. Didn't even know her name. oh well.:D
Rio
Hell...there wasn't a whole lot of Brea back in 1966.:idea:
But, apparently just enough for you! :D
I drove through there about a week ago. Who turned on the people spigot? Damn.

BUSBY
07-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey ... long hair was in man! Really!
Leif Garrett hair, Board Shorts, a Poncho from Ensenada, Rainbow Sandals, a tank top, maybe some Vans ... and a skateboard and you were hookin up with all of the chicks!
I'll see if I can find some pics ... I might have one of you as well ... from what I remember, wasn't a mullet involved?
San Clemente in the 80's ... good times!
Told Cameron you said hey in Vegas ... he was having a "rockstar" moment and blew me off as if I was a fat chick with bad breath ... he said tell Frank "Hi and my mom still hates him" ...
(just kidding, she invited you over ... you should give her a call :D )

Riverkid
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Not ever? Sad.

OCMerrill
07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Oc, that was posted tryin to get a rise outta the midget. Apparently Holy is a lil slow in July.lol
Rio
OK - Defining his gene pool...got it.:D :D :D

BUSBY
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
if you're talking about cameron steele .... his mom passed away a lil over 10 years ago :confused:
I was kidding ... a story Frank told me about an accident he and Cameron had and how Cameron's mom never liked him again ... CS and I speak every now and then at off road races ... but he's usually in his "work mode" there & I'm usually in party mode :D while "working" ...

BrianB
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Not ever? Sad.
It wouldn't be fair if I had it all

BrianB
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
"old fart" ?? ...... you did go to san clemente high, that's right ... we didn't have best "math" teachers back then, huh frank ??? re-cap --- i'm only 2 1/2 years older than you :confused: :sqeyes: my small world list is way to big for this stage .......... :sqeyes:
You and your brother Marc coached my Lil League team.
I can still remember a bunch of sixth graders puttin the dogpile on Todd and making him cry.
Ahh,good times

Riverkid
07-24-2007, 04:50 AM
It wouldn't be fair if I had it all
:D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
"old fart" ?? ...... you did go to san clemente high, that's right ... we didn't have best "math" teachers back then, huh frank ??? re-cap --- i'm only 2 1/2 years older than you :confused: :sqeyes: my small world list is way to big for this stage .......... :sqeyes:
No shit the list would be the lsit of all list.:sqeyes: :)
BBBBWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH;) :D
HDD:)

sleekcraft80
07-24-2007, 07:03 AM
If any of you people from say Temecula, Rancho Cucamonga, Canyon Lake, The high and low deserts built a house using IndyMac bank as a lender in 2004 - 2006, I was IndyMac bank's construction inspector. I might have met you
Jeff

BrianB
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
One of the guy's I work with told me his small world story.
He grew up in a small village outside of town until he became young man.
When he ventured into town he saw a man playing at the cantina who was a mirror image of himself.After a few cervasas they detemined there father was the same truck driver who was rarely home.After meeting his other brothers and sister he decided to move into town for work.Several months later he began dating a local girl.He hit doubles and triples but never a homerun until tonight.She asked "Before you fook me,is your father Pablo Garcia?"
Yes he is
"Does he drive a truck?"
Yes he does
"I think maybe I'm your half sister":sqeyes:
And his brothers still laugh at him