PDA

View Full Version : MySpace

MagicMtnDan
02-17-2006, 05:28 AM
On Tuesday, October 4 Samy, a 19-year-old guy from L.A., had a modest 73 friends on MySpace. At 12:34 p.m. he made an update to his profile. Eighteen hours later Samy had 1,005,831 friend requests—1 out of every 35 MySpace users—each and every one of whose profiles included the phrase "but most of all, Samy is my hero." So, how did he pull it off? All it took was a little JavaScript and a lot of ingenuity.
Samy figured out that while MySpace did a good job of keeping JavaScript code, which users could use to do all sorts of nasty things, out of all the usual places, one tiny hole allowed him to create a JavaScript worm that would cause any web browser viewing his profile to add him as a friend, add the hero line to their profile, and most importantly, add a copy of the same worm their profile.
An hour after Samy hit a million friends, MySpace went down for maintenance, and quietly came up again two and a half hours later, JavaScript hole patched. Sammy's run was over, but his mark still remains on hundreds of MySpace profiles.

HocusPocus
02-17-2006, 08:29 AM
cute trick. :crossx: :crossx:

ROZ
02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
A buddy of mine use to work for Motorolla. One of the hackers he knew there could get into anything online, anything... From what I've seen ,guys like him are scary and could probably hack into a defense system and launch weapons from his own laptop...

lucky
02-17-2006, 10:51 AM
A buddy of mine use to work for Motorolla. One of the hackers he knew there could get into anything online, anything... From what I've seen ,guys like him are scary and could probably hack into a defense system and launch weapons from his own laptop...
I keep the secret codes to my puter in my wifes pants --- ain't no one getting in there lmao

uclahater
02-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I keep the secret codes to my puter in my wifes pants --- ain't no one getting in there lmao
I beg to differ :crossx: :crossx:

Ziggy
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
A million bogus friends........... :rolleyes:
Hackers rarely have any friends.
I'll stick with my few real friends.
MySpace Sucks wang.......bad bad place to be. Won't ever visit that place.

Forkin' Crazy
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I beg to differ :crossx: :crossx:
:jawdrop:

ROZ
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
DAmn... You must post from work and not home.. That home CPU ain't been touched in MONTHS! :D

ROZ
02-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I'll stick with my few real friends.
Don't tell SummitKarl, RR, and JB.... They might get all mushy ...and shit.. :D
Last thing we need is them calling you the brokebackbmw dealer :D

Ziggy
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Don't tell SummitKarl, RR, and JB.... They might get all mushy ...and shit.. :D
Last thing we need is them calling you the brokebackbmw dealer :D
Yeah, I almost hung up on you smartass :D :D :D