PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's Speedboat Regatta

AzMandella
07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Eddie,of Eddie's Inboard and Marine, will be holding his Speed Boat Regatta on August 4th and 5th at Apache lake.It ill be mostly v-drives and jets but anyone is welcome.Most people will be camping on the primative side of lower Burnt Corral.There were around 30 boats there last year.

Xlration Marine
07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
V- Drives, hhhm might be able to find some one to keep up with me. Just might have to make a showing.

AzMandella
07-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Bump

67weimann
07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Count me in. I'll be boatless though...:D

AzMandella
07-15-2007, 09:53 AM
What's up with the boat Ryan?

ThongMagnet
07-15-2007, 11:19 AM
????? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

AzMandella
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
bump

AzMandella
07-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Alright where is everbody hiding?Vindog,Bigern,SKOM,Squirtcha?,396,460 JGI,and the rest of you?This will be a great outing.Last year there was no room left in party cove so some had to stand in shollow water witht there boats or anchor in the entrance.There will also be alot of afternoon fun infront of Burnt Corral with racing and floating.

67weimann
07-16-2007, 05:06 PM
What's up with the boat Ryan?
Cracked block...:mad:
I got a lot of water in the oil so, I tore it apart and #4 cylinder was cracked and 5 of the top rings were broken...:eek: :(
It's all good though because I have a new motor sitting on the stand in my garage. Just gathering parts to complete it...I'll have the boat out by next years kickoff...:D

PETEROC
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Alright where is everbody hiding?Vindog,Bigern,SKOM,Squirtcha?,396,460 JGI,and the rest of you?This will be a great outing.Last year there was no room left in party cove so some had to stand in shollow water witht there boats or anchor in the entrance.There will also be alot of afternoon fun infront of Burnt Corral with racing and floating.
They heard White Zombie might show up ! Pig Pen Racing might show up too! So some may decide to go miniture golfing that weekend. heh heh! :D

79centurion
07-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I may go depending on the $$$ situation
Dan

AzMandella
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
They heard White Zombie might show up ! Pig Pen Racing might show up too! So some may decide to go miniture golfing that weekend. heh heh! :D
I assumed you were going to be there Peter.And I'll bet Andrew will be there with his jet also.

PETEROC
07-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Yep, Maybe Glenn will show with "Cannon Ballz" or "Stink Finger" and Fred will bring a "Floater" ( V-drive with no engine :D :D :D )

67weimann
07-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Marvin, you gonna have the normal crew with you this trip?

cave
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm still tighening nuts & bolts from this past weekend but I'll try to be there. Seeing all the fast V-drives & jets is all part of the fun.
Be nice if the East & Westsiders could make an appearance.
That cove is tiny back there so an early showing would be the case. It gets deep by the entrance. Jets & V-drives could take over that cove with 20 boats easy.

Bigern
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Well I might just have to show up, been awhile since I have partied with Marv.:D

AzMandella
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Well I might just have to show up, been awhile since I have partied with Marv.:D
I hope you guy's can make it.It will be a good one.I expect it will be as big or bigger than the getogether at Bartlett (Az Classic Boat) where we met.I'll be going up Fri. after work and staying till Sun evening.I'll be solo(no wife and kids).

cave
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Ern you doing Saguaro Sunday?

AzMandella
07-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm still tighening nuts & bolts from this past weekend but I'll try to be there. Seeing all the fast V-drives & jets is all part of the fun.
Be nice if the East & Westsiders could make an appearance.
That cove is tiny back there so an early showing would be the case. It gets deep by the entrance. Jets & V-drives could take over that cove with 20 boats easy.
You guy's need to slow down on the road.I have been hauling my boat down that road for 9 yrs since redoing the trailer and I have yet to need to retighten any bolts.That and a good fitting cover and your boat will stay clean also.

Bigern
07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Ern you doing Saguaro Sunday?
Possibly, we gotta re-build Vindogs pump this week so he can get wet too. Dragster19 trying to finish that eliminator.

cave
07-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Bro I come up from the 60 side. There is always some jack off that has to pass you then dust you out. I just stop till the dust settles. The road was aweful rough this trip. The wash boards seem to be all up hill this trip. 15 mph isnt too fast up that road. Not to mention the couple that had not seen a real cactus and slowed to a stop to point out every freaking Saguaro that was different from the next.:mad:
Well worth the trip! I tried the back way and that was BS. Got stuck behind a Chicken Hauler and that was all she wrote. 4 hrs to get home... Im in Mesa:jawdrop:
Fish Creek Here I come...

AzMandella
07-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Bro I come up from the 60 side. There is always some jack off that has to pass you then dust you out. I just stop till the dust settles. The road was aweful rough this trip. The wash boards seem to be all up hill this trip. 15 mph isnt too fast up that road. Not to mention the couple that had not seen a real cactus and slowed to a stop to point out every freaking Saguaro that was different from the next.:mad:
Well worth the trip! I tried the back way and that was BS. Got stuck behind a Chicken Hauler and that was all she wrote. 4 hrs to get home... Im in Mesa:jawdrop:
Fish Creek Here I come...
I don't understand what you mean by the back way.Do you mean coming from Canyon lake and then down Fish Creek.If so then be prepared for twice the amount of dirt road and washboarding.They grate the road every week so it is almost always the same condition from one end to the other.Not to mention if you come upon a motorhome and have to back up 3/4 of a mile to find a spot to get by each other.I will never do that again.I come up the 60 from Florence Jt. to Globe and it takes me 3-1/2 hrs from Tucson.You are way closer to Florence Jt. than I am I'll bet the total trip difference is close to 80 mi. and all the way up the 60 thru Superior to Globe there are plenty of passing areas so how you got cought behind a chicken hauler the whole way is beyond me.I have had no problem getting past 18 wheelers and that's with a 3800 lb cabover camper on and with the boat.
P.S. this is not meant to be cynical just can't figure why the guys from Phoenix have so much trouble getting to Apache.I feel the drive is well worth the trip to boat on Apache.We run without baffles for as long as I can remember and never been hassled by LEO.The speedboat frendliness is without question the best in the state.

AZKC
07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be solo(no wife and kids).
Oh Crap, Its going to be a long weekend for you guys:D

AzMandella
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh Crap, Its going to be a long weekend for you guys:D
Yeah and you better be there.:D It's your b-day so it's your choice.:eek:

Squirtcha?
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Wish we could make it. Had plans since last Labor Day though. We'll be doing the river that week/weekend.

cave
07-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't understand what you mean by the back way.Do you mean coming from Canyon lake and then down Fish Creek.If so then be prepared for twice the amount of dirt road and washboarding.They grate the road every week so it is almost always the same condition from one end to the other.Not to mention if you come upon a motorhome and have to back up 3/4 of a mile to find a spot to get by each other.I will never do that again.I come up the 60 from Florence Jt. to Globe and it takes me 3-1/2 hrs from Tucson.You are way closer to Florence Jt. than I am I'll bet the total trip difference is close to 80 mi. and all the way up the 60 thru Superior to Globe there are plenty of passing areas so how you got cought behind a chicken hauler the whole way is beyond me.I have had no problem getting past 18 wheelers and that's with a 3800 lb cabover camper on and with the boat.
P.S. this is not meant to be cynical just can't figure why the guys from Phoenix have so much trouble getting to Apache.I feel the drive is well worth the trip to boat on Apache.We run without baffles for as long as I can remember and never been hassled by LEO.The speedboat frendliness is without question the best in the state.
I dint take it a cynical. Always interested in a new way. I normally come up 88. Through Canyon & tortilla flats. I tryied going home via the road that follows Rosi till you get to the Bee Line AZ 78. It was a Sunday and everyone coming home from Payson and the rim were hauling ass in the hammerlane. Once I got caught behind the Motor home that was behind the Rig the motor home decided to pass on a hill. Both lanes were the same till just about the breakout at the top Where Sycamore is crossed. I figuered everyone else passing me wasnt about to cut me a break. Better safe than sorry. I'll do Fish creek and brave the dirt hill rather than run in Sunday traffic.:D ;)
Dan you ever do the local deal? Bartlett?

AZKC
07-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Cave, have you ever tried coming in from Globe/Miami? Its got a nice new road going to Rosy. Lots of passing lanes. Only about 7 miles of dirt to get to Burnt Corral.

cave
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Not yet. I'll try it next trip. I dont mind the Trail. I have a 4x. It just sucks to travel all that way in the dust. I'll check the maps.

AZKC
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I tell ya if your going to Burnt Corral its the way to go. And you'll get to cruise the south end of Rosy.

79centurion
07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Cave if you were asking me if I go to bartlett, I go almost all the time. I will have to make it to one of the saguaro deals with you guys soon.
Dan

cave
07-20-2007, 04:34 AM
I think we are pretty lucky here in Phoenix metro area. We have 6 man made lakes that are within an hour for most. I like them all.
Pleasant & Rosi are just a bit scary for me since I have lost a boat to big swells from a ship that passed by too close so I keep to the smaller of our lakes. Not that you cant get a 40 footer on them just a pain to do so.
Saguaro gets a bad rap since you have to be on the water before 7:30. That's a relatively new deal. No more parking on the road. Limited to none camping areas unless you boat to them. Stricter law enforcement and its the closest lake to most.
I really like Bartlett because you can launch from where you park, If you get there on a Thursday on big weekends. Freaking motor homes taking up the beaches.
Dan there is great group of boaters on Saguaro just as there are on Bartlett. I'm shooting for Sunday to be there. So long as my schedule is met at my shop I'll be there.

Squirtcha?
07-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Dan there is great group of boaters on Saguaro just as there are on Bartlett. I'm shooting for Sunday to be there. So long as my schedule is met at my shop I'll be there.
I concur. If you haven't done a Saguaro trip do yourself a favor. Not because it's a great boating lake (it aint) but rather because you'll meet some cool like-minded boaters and the sand beach is the shit.
Great place to hang out, toss some shoes, have lunch, etc.
I've been to Saguaro quite a few times and have only found flat water once. It was in the evening just before sunset and you could get out and stomp on it some.
If you go, plan on staying late and you might be able to take a pass or two and still keep you kidneys.
Seriously though the east siders are a cool bunch and it's well worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to get over there.
Sorry Mandella didn't mean to divert the thread.

cave
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Oooops Me too AZMandella . I'm Planning to be there at Apache 8-3,4 & 5. Be nice to see the fast boats lay some ripples.

OverKill
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Cave
Update on the starter failing. Squirtcha?/Dan and family came by last Sunday to change out my starter, what a pain that was. Sorry Dan I know it's a pain in the ass to change. As we pulled off the flywheel cover, we discovered the flywheel was shot to. No big deal, it's at Phils now getting the rest of the work done to it. Then it's off to the paint booth.
I hope we are still on for Labor Day weekend. I'm hopeing to make one more trip to the lake before heading out to Big River. I would like to get this ride plate and wedging dialed in right. Anyone want to help me find the sweet spot with my ride please let me know, Squirtcha?, Cave, SCOM.

Daytona100
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
ttt.:eek:

cave
07-24-2007, 04:42 AM
That's good news OverKill! Dans great people. Sept is looking good so Its on the agenda! You and wifey should see if TAF and the rest will make it to this get together at Apache!