PDA

View Full Version : Fire Truck update...

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
My wife and I found out last month that our little budgkin is gonna be a boy. My wife started inquiring of her friends and family what a good boy name would be. When she got to her 4 year old nephew, he emphatically replied "FIRE TRUCK!!!" So for now the little guy's name is Fire Truck. Appropriate since I grew up in the fraternity of firefighters How disappointed he will be when we have to change the little guy's name after he's born.:D

78Hondo Cruiser
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
That is some funny stuff we just had our second son in April and our 3 1/2 yr old was convinced we should name him Superman and his best little buddy same age thought Batman was the name of choice the wrestling matches those two had because of the name game was funny!! Congratulations and good luck. To be honest I was was trying to convince my wife that Clark would have been a good name going with the whole superman theme. But Nicholas won out.
Kyle

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Name it: Financial Burden

mobldj
07-13-2007, 08:58 PM
or how about i cant buy myself shiat for 18 years

Havasu1986
07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Name it: Financial Burden
Glad I had fur kids...Except they don't last long enough. :(

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
That is some funny stuff we just had our second son in April and our 3 1/2 yr old was convinced we should name him Superman and his best little buddy same age thought Batman was the name of choice the wrestling matches those two had because of the name game was funny!! Congratulations and good luck. To be honest I was was trying to convince my wife that Clark would have been a good name going with the whole superman theme. But Nicholas won out.
Kyle
Oh Shyt. Please delete your post. My wife is rallying for Clark and I hate it. I think we have agreed that Clark can be the middle name, thankfully.

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 11:56 PM
So I'm gonna hijack my own thread. What's it like to be a Dad to a little boy? My wife is freaked out because her family has all girls and her only experience with raising boys has been with her nephew. Feedback appreciated....:D

coolchange
07-14-2007, 06:51 AM
So I'm gonna hijack my own thread. What's it like to be a Dad to a little boy? My wife is freaked out because her family has all girls and her only experience with raising boys has been with her nephew. Feedback appreciated....:D
It will be your highest hi and lowest lows. Got to make them feel like you're right behind them all the time, when they're trying to get away with something or doing good things. You can't phone it in. When my first was born I told my wife of all things, she would never see me on a little league field. Got to go now and take him to his hi school summer ball game ( he's pitching) and come back and load his little brothers go-kart for the dry lake tomorrow. (he says he's gonna race top fuel someday).

little rowe boat
07-14-2007, 06:59 AM
My son will be 3 in sept. and he was an unexpected gift. He has been the greatest blessing of my life. I have never been so tired in my life, he is a bundle of energy that never seem to get tired. He amazes me everyday. The learning curve is incredible. I am a fireman and I enjoy my job but being away for 24 hrs at a time kind of bums me out, because I feel as though I am going to miss something. You are going to love it. Congrats.
Jeff.

ahhell
07-14-2007, 07:11 AM
I have 2 sons... 16 and 19, I thank God every day that I only had boys. Just let them know who's boss at an early age, but we're also friends. To this day they love to go wtih me almost everywhere, even the grocery store. AND...financial burden is accurate, after about the age of 12...food, cars insurance........BUT I WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/132_3292.JPGhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/132_3291.JPG
yeah, Im extremely proud of them:D

RitcheyRch
07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Or "Tax Write-Off"
or how about i cant buy myself shiat for 18 years

Flyinbowtie
07-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Mine are 19 and 23. you've already got some good advice.
I worked those crazy shifts, too. (L.E.) It is a source of major regret that I was not home with them more often. Stay involved with him as he grows, mkae it a point to clear time for just him, and know from the gitgo that O.T. shifts pay, but they also have a price.
One of the things that amazes me is the stuff they remember. Little things I said to them or did with them that they have held on to. You are "on stage" in front of them whenever you are with them. When they get to be about 12 they will try their damndest to convince you they can handle anything.
Don't fall for the old "if you can start it you can ride it" deal, either.
I did. Justin was on his brothers' Banshee and fired it at 7. Had to do a real two-step to talk my way out of that...

HighRoller
07-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the great advice. I was secretly hoping for a girl because I've always heard about the strong father/daughter bond and girls are so damn cute. But I'm excited now to be having a boy while my wife cringes. She's worried about him having motorcycles and fast cars and broken bones and a broken heart. DAMN RIGHT if I have anything to do with it. I was watching the drag race yesterday and looking forward to seeing his eyes the first time he gets to hear and feel a Nitro car idling and going down the track!! :D :D

driverno8
07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a 2-1/2 year old boy at home and he's my bud. Every river trip this year has been me and him. The first time your two year old says "HIT IT" when you're in the boat you'll have a grin from ear to ear. Or how about when you teach him how to pull your finger. God, my wife gets pissed every time he does that.:D
We just had twin boys 2 months ago. But they're still at that useless stage (shit, sleep and eat) It's going to be a blast when they can all hang together.
Seth (2 years)
Gavin & Reed (2 months)

BoneDaddy
07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I've got two boys 2 & 4. I can't say I'm an expert since I have only 4 years experience. But, show them who is boss and stay firm.
They will try anything to convince my wife and I why they want or need something. Usually comes down to "because I want it".
Let them be boys. Watch them carefully but let them experience their surroundings. I am all for the running, jumping, scooters, bikes, big wheels, climbing and stuff. But, when he comes to you with his first big scratch or owchy it will break your heart.
Being a father of sons is an awesome experience and I wouldn't change it for the world!:)