PDA

View Full Version : best place to launch in bullhead

Big Inch
07-14-2007, 07:02 AM
what's the best place to launch near bullhead? We were planning on launching from the Avi but someone mentioned you had to be a guest to use the launch ramp. We are directly across the river from there so what would be our next best bet to launch from? Assuming that it is true that we can not launch from Avi.

Cigalert
07-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Last time I launched at the Avi there wasn't anyone checking to see who was using the ramp. Charge it!

Mandelon
07-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe on the big weekends, but usually no one checks at AVI. The only other public ramps that I can think of are way up by the bridge. in Laughlin...
Just buy some stuff at the store, and then you'll be a paying customer... :D

svlperry
07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
i've been checked for a launch pass everytime i've been there. doesn't matter tho because i stay there and get a pass when i check in.

ahhell
07-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I tried the Avi....once, If your not a guest its 25.00:eek:
you could go up to Marina ave, the Chamber of Commerce, or go down to Jack Smith 10.00each

CompStompinSCS
07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Best place is Rotery Park in Bullhead off Lakeside. 95 north left at Circle K and keep going till Balboa, turn left.

Moneypitt
07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Battery park has a nice ramp, and if the water is up you can launch at Lazy Harry's..........Which is just a few 100 yds up river from Battery Park. Anywhere along the river in BHC is always marginal as to water level. Lots of shallow spots, rock and sand bars.......Even the Avi is un reachable most mornings. From Needles south is probably the safest. Needles marina park, unless its a vdrive flattie, or Jack Smith a little further down river......Also, the Needles K guys have found a lapse enforcement policy down river from Jack Smith.......Open Zommies etc etc.........Be careful....MP

THATJEFFGUY
07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
i've been checked for a launch pass everytime i've been there. doesn't matter tho because i stay there and get a pass when i check in.
Yep they check every time ! Just slip a green "Hamilton" pass to the tweeker at the ramp..it always works ! :D

roostwear
07-14-2007, 03:57 PM
It's Rotary Park, not battery, and it's probably best for you. Don't go to Harry's... steep ramp, narrow, really sucks. Don't ANYONE use Harry's ramp. :D

3queens
07-14-2007, 04:29 PM
go to rotary park easy on/off call this # for water release 928-754-3666
jack smith park or needles water deeper down that way
less squiddies and water hazards
have fun be safe

victorfb
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
i hear lazy harry's is the perfect place to launch wave runners and jet ski's. you can buy a pass for rotary park, but isnt lazy harry's a free launch ramp? then again free launch or not, you have to allways look out for the occasional dog attack. looks like the Avi launch is looking better and better. :D

Faceaz
07-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Only into one of the marina's, even if it costs a few. Launching along that section into the river with a 7 mph current sucks!

roostwear
07-18-2007, 06:56 AM
i hear lazy harry's is the perfect place to launch wave runners and jet ski's. you can buy a pass for rotary park, but isnt lazy harry's a free launch ramp? then again free launch or not, you have to allways look out for the occasional dog attack. looks like the Avi launch is looking better and better. :D
Jet ski launching is no longer allowed at Harry's. It may be considered again if the dumbasses can figure out how to back down so BOTH lanes can be used! Although there are is no charge to launch there, verbal abuse and scoring are being implemented to keep out the riff raff. Speaking of riff raff, how ya doing Dad?

charlyox
07-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Rotary park is on Riverview.