PDA

View Full Version : Pics from our road trip

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
but you have to pop over to Havasudoug's to see them. :D
http://www.havasudoug.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=14;t=8016

27 Awesome cat
07-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow some really nice pics..Looks like you guys had fun.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow.. awesome pics is right.. I would love to go there.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow.. awesome pics is right.. I would love to go there.
You should. Your kids are at an age they would really enjoy it. We have to pack in as many of these family trips as we can before the daughter gets a job and goes off to college, which is only 2-3 years away. You have a little more cushion. Getting to see all of the wildlife, like the moose and baby in our camp was undescribable. Funny, the dog didn't even notice they were there. LOL

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-14-2007, 04:51 PM
You should. Your kids are at an age they would really enjoy it. We have to pack in as many of these family trips as we can before the daughter gets a job and goes off to college, which is only 2-3 years away. You have a little more cushion. Getting to see all of the wildlife, like the moose and baby in our camp was undescribable. Funny, the dog didn't even notice they were there. LOL
:) I will have to plan a trip like that there before they don't want to go..
The dog. LOL!! they usually hear everything.:D

Throttle
07-14-2007, 05:00 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/knoll002/montana13.jpg

Desert Rat
07-14-2007, 05:19 PM
We just finished up a very simular trip. We were in Yellowstone for a week with our motorhome, wow what a beautiful place! a must see! We have a zillion pictures but I have no time to post but I think you captured the moment! We went white water rafting (sort of) on the yellowstone river, horseback riding and seen most of the park that is easily accessable, you know all the tourist stuff and all the people we came in contact with were great! We went on to the Boise area and meet up with some friends that moved there awhile ago and we were hooked. We are in the process of buying a home for later in the town of Nampa. It's nice to know once you leave SoCal (and the rat race) how nice, peaceful and friendly people can be! looks like you had a great vacation!:)

Sportin' Wood
07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
We just finished up a very simular trip. We were in Yellowstone for a week with our motorhome, wow what a beautiful place! a must see! We have a zillion pictures but I have no time to post but I think you captured the moment! We went white water rafting (sort of) on the yellowstone river, horseback riding and seen most of the park that is easily accessable, you know all the tourist stuff and all the people we came in contact with were great! We went on to the Boise area and meet up with some friends that moved there awhile ago and we were hooked. We are in the process of buying a home for later in the town of Nampa. It's nice to know once you leave SoCal (and the rat race) how nice, peaceful and friendly people can be! looks like you had a great vacation!:)
I agree with 100% The thing that struck my the most was how nice and happy everyone we came into contact was. Guess its the air up there.
SSSSHHHHhhhhh dont tell everyone about all the lakes with no boats on them:D

rrrr
07-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Those are great photos, guys. I'm showing them to Fonda now. It's really nice the kids got to see what life outside SoCal is like.
Hey, were's the pic of Jeff being chased up a tree by a bear? :D :D

3queens
07-14-2007, 08:19 PM
nice looks like it was fun

nodigg
07-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Looks like a great trip! I love that area, ( in the summer time):D

Phat Matt
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
AWESOME! I love the outdoors. What am I doing here. Tell Jeff he can buy a new fly rod at the new Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga soon. They open next week. We are going camping for a week in the High Sierras in a week. I can't wait.

nodigg
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
AWESOME! I love the outdoors. What am I doing here. Tell Jeff he can buy a new fly rod at the new Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga soon. They open next week. We are going camping for a week in the High Sierras in a week. I can't wait.
They were working on the shop this morning....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2007, 08:32 PM
We passed it on the way up and back. He wants to get something to practice on before he goes back up in the fall. He got another job to do while we were up there. He said he has to do some more research first. Have fun on your trip. Are you going back up to Bridgeport/Virginia Lakes area? We didn't make it up there this year, we couldn't do both because of the year-round school deal. :mad:

Phat Matt
07-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Are you going back up to Bridgeport/Virginia Lakes area? We didn't make it up there this year, we couldn't do both because of the year-round school deal. :mad:
Yep. Twin Lakes outside of Bridgeport will be home base, and then we'll hit up a bunch of the lakes in the area. :)

BajaMike
07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Great pictures....especially this one...............
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/knoll002/montana3.jpg
What type of camera are you using??? :confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-15-2007, 06:53 AM
A Canon Rebel XT. I had a polarizer filter on, so that is what made the sky so dark. It cuts glare mostly (useful when shooting water areas) but also increases the color quality sometimes.

Ivan Dan
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Pics are killer guys it looks like you had a great time!

Jyruiz
07-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Those pics are awesome, thanks for sharing them with us.

spectras only
07-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Beatiful trip . You should visit British Columbia sometime ;)

LuckyStrike
07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks For the Heads Up On what Im about to Do...A Trip to YellowStone With the New House on Wheels..1st Stop And I know its Corney...The Only RV Park On the Strip...Yes Circus Circus Then to Provo Then to Yellowstone For 7 Days Of R&R and Tour City..Can We Take A AZ Plated Ranger/Rhino To Yellow Stone and Bomb Around...?????:idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Beatiful trip . You should visit British Columbia sometime ;)
LOL, we did. Fernie. We didn't really know what to see, and couldn't really commit to going to far into the interior. So that was about the extent of our BC trip. Maybe we'll see more of it next year.
Thanks For the Heads Up On what Im about to Do...A Trip to YellowStone With the New House on Wheels..1st Stop And I know its Corney...The Only RV Park On the Strip...Yes Circus Circus Then to Provo Then to Yellowstone For 7 Days Of R&R and Tour City..Can We Take A AZ Plated Ranger/Rhino To Yellow Stone and Bomb Around...?????:idea:
I'd call the NPS about the Rhino. It would make an excellent way to avoid the parking hassles, but no offroading. And I'd also do my best to make reservations at Yellowstone and Teton if you stay there. Also, if you can make it into the Bear Lake area to camp, it would be more enjoyable than Provo, unless you have some reason to stop there. It's about 2 hour further due to the windy road between Logan and Bear Lake. Have a great time. When are you leaving?

LuckyStrike
07-16-2007, 04:37 AM
LOL, we did. Fernie. We didn't really know what to see, and couldn't really commit to going to far into the interior. So that was about the extent of our BC trip. Maybe we'll see more of it next year.
I'd call the NPS about the Rhino. It would make an excellent way to avoid the parking hassles, but no offroading. And I'd also do my best to make reservations at Yellowstone and Teton if you stay there. Also, if you can make it into the Bear Lake area to camp, it would be more enjoyable than Provo, unless you have some reason to stop there. It's about 2 hour further due to the windy road between Logan and Bear Lake. Have a great time. When are you leaving?
Leaving Aug 7th-to the 21st...Really looking forward to it. Im not staying @ the Park Got an RV spotRight outside the park.:D

VEGASBABY
07-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Holy crap! now thats my kinda vacation. Great pics! Looks like your kids had a great time as well. How could any go there and then come back to the city is beyond me. Thanks for sharing:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Holy crap! now thats my kinda vacation. Great pics! Looks like your kids had a great time as well. How could any go there and then come back to the city is beyond me. Thanks for sharing:D
It wasn't easy. We have been working on getting our house ready to sell and now have a renewed vigilance. :D We are going to stay long enough for our Sophmore to graduate, but our middleschooler is ready to leave now. He says he doesn't care if he has to switch schools (I think he just wants to go fishing! ). So whenever the ranch sells, we'll downsize to a track home with a pool and invest the rest until we are ready to skedaddle. It's only a matter of time.

havasu5150
07-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Great pics! Brings back a ton of memories. Did a very similar trip with my parents back in the 70's (damn I'm gettin old). Your kids will remember that vacation for the rest of their lives.