PDA

View Full Version : Bud "Grumpy" Allerton

circleboatKIDD
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for all your support and good wishes. My grandfather Bud ("Grumpy") Allerton passed away today, Saturday, July 14, 2007 at 3:00 P.M. with all of his family around him. We will miss him and we will let you know on Monday when the services will be.
Thanks,
Jeff
http://westernprostockracing.com/images/600_Burley_5_-_Bud_Brad_Allerton.JPG

WannabeRacing
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Really sorry to hear that.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the families right now. What a great guy!

steve d
07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Had so many great conversations with Bud. I will never forget!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you................Steve

GofastRacer
07-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Very sad indeed, RIP Bud it was a pleasure knowing ya!.. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family!..

Moneypitt
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
This is truly sad news. Bud was an icon of this sport that he enjoyed so much. The look on his face with the fans at Valleyfield in 06' said it all. The "Grumpy" fliers for the kids, autographed of course. The wonderful fans of Valleyfield that knew him and Virginia so well, thousands of them........Stopping by to say hi with hugs and the French greeting of the dual cheek kisses.........All day long.......I think just about everyone that raced in the USA or Canada knew Bud, he was that kind of man. A true legend, and a great friend. Boat racing just won't be the same without "Studly Budly Allerton".......He will be missed by all that ever knew him. Thanks for the memories Bud......
Virginia, Brad, Jeff......and the rest of the Allerton clan, our hearts go out to you in this terrible time, you're in our thoughts..........
Mike and Jen Lee, Ray Burnett, and the PS89 team.
..............See you at the finish line Bud............

rocket98
07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Our hearts and prayers are with you and the family.....

Roaddogg 4040
07-15-2007, 07:27 AM
We are so sorry to hear this. Bud was loved by many, many people. He will be missed...
Steve and Rosie

DAVEY B
07-15-2007, 08:30 AM
R.I.P. Bud you will be missed!! Our thoughts and prayes go out to the family

gnRacer98
07-15-2007, 09:20 AM
So sorry to hear this...my condolences to the entire family.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear this Jeff, I know what its like and its never easy. Few people will live half the life Bud was able to. Bud was loved by all and a great guy by any measure.
RIP Bud! :clover:

CircleJerk
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Very Sorry to hear this news Jeff!

mango madness
07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Our condolences;
Jeff your Dad was one of a kind.
Your family is in our prayers.

cdnguitarsnboats
07-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Please accept our heartfelt condolences for you and your family. We knew your Mom and Dad from the CBF racing circuit back when we ran a 2.5 hydro. Exceptionally nice and genuine people that I feel lucky to have met.
All the best,
The Hewitt Family

CrackerP-94
07-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Our prayers are with your family. Bud was one of a kind and we'll miss seeing and talking to him at the races. Our heart felt condonlences to your family.
Chuck and Jeannie Doidge

rossdbos
07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
On behalf of the Southern California Speedboat Club and RPM RACING ENT. we wish to send our condolences to the entire Allerton Family in their time of grief.
Bud was a one of a kind and we'll sorely be missed in the pits. Bud was a driving force in Pro Stock and Can-Am and we all know the boat with the great injector hats on the water. He was a crowd favorite wherever he raced from Long Beach to Valleyfield. I know how much he enjoyed racing and then most recently having Brad drive the boat pleased him and Virginia very much. We will miss him at Long Beach and beyond as we always had fun at the races.
Rest in Peace Bud, as you are now in race eternal.
Sincerely,
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

Chris Kenner - PS681
07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Bud was an amazing & wonderful guy, a true racer & a true gentleman!!! I am very glad to say that I had the pleasure of knowing Grumpy & feel extremely honored that I had the opportunity to drive his beloved PS52 boat for him. Were gonna miss that smiling face at every race, especially the great party times in the bar's that Bud loved so much. RIP mate!!! My deepest condolences go out to Virginia, Brad & the enitre family.

Boatshu
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Jeff,
When we were still racing Bud was somebody we would also look up at the races to say hello. He always had a smile on his face, your whole family was a joy to be around. We will miss him terribly, God Speed Bud now your with my other favorite Bud ( Gilbert ).

Moneypitt
07-16-2007, 03:56 PM
The service info for Bud should be forthcoming tonight. As soon as Jeff calls, (he is on the road and can't post), I will, per his request, post the information here.....Ray

FlatRacer
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Bud for being our friend. If there is a heaven, then surely you're there. Keep the water warm for us, and we'll see you when we get there and we'll all race together again.
God Speed,
Eric

Monkey Bung
07-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Jeff,
Very sad to hear about your loss.
Mark

Moneypitt
07-16-2007, 06:31 PM
OK, As instructed by Jeff.......
Holy Angels Funeral Home, 1051 Harder Rd., Hayward Ca. 510-537-6600
Viewing Friday July 20th, 5 to 7 PM, Service 10AM Saturday, July 21st, with internment to follow......
Closest airport, Oakland...........
Ray

circleboatKIDD
07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the support, and Ray for posting I just got back from a 1400mi trip Ca to Az (115deg through the desert:eek: ) to pick up my gramps boat with my brother, so it can be at the services. Thanks to the Newtons for the hopitality, while we were there. Had a lot of time to remember my gramps and all the trips to the races. Im sure this weekend will be a lot more of great stories of my gramps.
Thanks Jeff

HIRED GUN
07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the support, and Ray for posting I just got back from a 1400mi trip Ca to Az (115deg through the desert:eek: ) to pick up my gramps boat with my brother, so it can be at the services. Thanks to the Newtons for the hopitality, while we were there. Had a lot of time to remember my gramps and all the trips to the races. Im sure this weekend will be a lot more of great stories of my gramps.
Thanks Jeff
jeffrey...give me a holla if i can help in any way!

gottaminute?
07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
To all that knew Bud, the Hoban family joins in your sorrow as we deal with passing of a great friend, competitor and man. one of the shining lights we looked forward to seeing at each event.
RIP Bud

circleboatKIDD
07-23-2007, 07:53 AM
My family and I would to thank everyone that sent flowers, called, left messages, left post on the different web sites, and also attending the services. We couldnt have asked for anything better, I remember looking back at the funeral and it was so packed that it was standing room only. Once again thank you all.
Jeff

Moneypitt
07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Virginia, Brad, Jeff, ..The whole Allerton Clan, (and there is a bunch of them), Saturday could not have been better, Considering the circumstances. The send off you all arranged, the style and grace, the way things just clicked along..........A continuing tribute to the legacy of Bud, the way he lived his life, and the Allerton family's ability to be a class act in the worst of times........Ray

GofastRacer
07-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Damn, wish I could have been there!..:(

BILLY.B
07-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Sorry to for your family's loss Jeff. I officially meant Bud last year in Burley but had known of him forever. He was truely a gentelman.

dmontzsta
07-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Very sad news. I did not know Bud too well, I met him once through VDV. But, I saw him at every race I went too and it always looked like he was having a good time.
RIP