PDA

View Full Version : rope in the jet!!!

soulboater#1
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
What is the best way to get some rope out of the jet without cutting? I had a long day at the lake and could not get the rope out!! Any help will be great b4 i break out the croc Dundee Knife to cut the SOB out! Thanx--- By the way of course it willl not turn over and i have had my hand up in the jet like i was a proctoligist!!!

cyclone
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
take the loader grate out and use fire to burn it out. one of those long lighters for starting your fireplace works pretty good.

YeLLowBoaT
07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
If you don't want to cut it, best bet is disconnecting th epump from the motor and have some one trying to spin it in reverse while you pull from underneath. if that does not work you can always pull the bowl and impeller and get it that way.
best way it to just grab a knife and start cutting.

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
take the loader grate out and use fire to burn it out. one of those long lighters for starting your fireplace works pretty good.
You talk like you know from experience....LMAO :D :D :D

soulboater#1
07-14-2007, 08:58 PM
so it looks like i will need to get a new rope??!! Ski ropes are $$$. Any other thoughts or suggestions?:mad:

soulboater#1
07-14-2007, 08:59 PM
so if i burn it--that means the rope is done?

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Its a rope.....cut it, burn it, do whatever you have to do. They arent that expensive.

soulboater#1
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
that is true!!

cyclone
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
My old man was a pretty thrifty guy in his day. we used to water ski behind ropes with like 3-4 knots in them. he's suck them up in the pump, cut them out and tie some sort of knot to put it back together.

cyclone
07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
You talk like you know from experience....LMAO :D :D :D
that wasn't my first rodeo. those red ants bit like a mofo. if i didnt borrow your super wazoo tool kit so often i'd say you owe me. lol

BUSBY
07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
is that what happened to my fireworks lighter? :D

Moneypitt
07-14-2007, 09:37 PM
There are two types of jetboaters. Those that have sucked a rope, and those that will....Welcome to the club..........MP

cyclone
07-14-2007, 09:50 PM
what happens if i say yes?:D

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey Mud, ya get your scoop yet?
Rio
It's in the other room. Gotta get it down to TRG but I thought I'd wait and give him more time to get is ride together before taking on my project. :D
if i didnt borrow your super wazoo tool kit so often i'd say you owe me. lol
If you have not noticed......I'm trying to inch my way in to steal Randy's spot at Crew Chief. My little bag o' tricks has everything you need. :D Did you get the pump out of the boat yet??
Uhhhhmmmmm.......yeah, thats what happend to it. :D

BUSBY
07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
what happens if i say yes?:D
M2000 coming your way :D (watch out for the exploding red balls!)

zgoo
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry about this but I just bought my first jet boat, why is it that some many guys get the rope in the jet, is it too many hot chick hang around jet guys, or ..........:confused:

centerhill condor
07-15-2007, 03:11 AM
why is it that some many guys get the rope in the jet, is it too many hot chick hang around jet guys, or ..........:confused:
kinda like peanut butter and chocolate...they just belong together!

soulboater#1
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
nothing is going to blow up in my face if i put a lighter to the small piece of rope that is still caught?? I have gotten most of it out yet there is still some on top that will not work it's way out! thanks for the advice.

MudPumper
07-15-2007, 04:17 PM
nothing is going to blow up in my face if i put a lighter to the small piece of rope that is still caught?? I have gotten most of it out yet there is still some on top that will not work it's way out! thanks for the advice.
No, nothing will blow up. Here is what you do. The piece you can't get out is on top of the shaft and between the Suction Housing. Get the lighter up there and melt the rope. Then have somebody bump the starter. \The shaft should rotate and throw the piece of rope out. This is what we did with mine and it worked great. Good luck. :)

SmokinLowriderSS
07-15-2007, 04:38 PM
There are two types of jetboaters. Those that have sucked a rope, and those that will....Welcome to the club..........MP
Get out a sharp knife.