PDA

View Full Version : SCOPE Lunch Run to the Isthsmus

Steamin' Rice
02-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Everyone is welcome to join us for this trip. You do not need to be a SCOPE member to attend.
=====================================
SCOPE Catalina Lunch Run for 2006!!!
Join the run, this is the first run of the year, and everyone is itching to get together to show off new boats, upgraded hardware or the new fit body for spring! :D :D This is one of the most popular lunch runs of the year, and usually has great weather and more than 20 boats!
Additional details will be forth coming, but the event is set for Saturday February 25th. Leave Newport breakwater OR the Los Alamitos harbor at 9:30am sharp!!! Then meet offshore from the Huntington power station to leave as one group at 9:45am SHARP!
Come start the 2006 boating season by meeting new people, catching up with old friends, or bring a boating friend to the party and introduce them to the fun-loving performance boating club called SCOPE.
===================
Event Specifics
Event Date: Saturday, February 25th
Time: Leave either Newport breakwater OR the Los Alimitos harbor at 9:30am sharp to then meet at the meeting location (below)
Meeting location: Meet 1/2 mile offshore directly off from the Huntington Power Station (see map)
Reason: For brunch and fun! Meet new friends!
Cost: Your own expenses (fuel, lunch and drinks)
Event Contact: Tom Whitham
Weather Link: www.SCOPEinfo.com/Weather
Meeting Location
http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/powerstation.jpg

Steamin' Rice
02-21-2006, 11:55 AM
bump.. THIS SATURDAY.. open to everyone!!

Quality Time
02-21-2006, 02:00 PM
If anyone plans on launching from the Dunes, be advised, they are doing some construction and only have two lanes open. This was as of yesterday. May want to give yourself some extra time.

Steamin' Rice
02-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Good point.. Also it's going to be low tide on sat afternoon... Fun times at the launch ramp... Maybe I'll launch in Huntington. :D

Havasu Luvr
02-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Greg, thanks for the invite but I'm out. 1pm appt somewhere in HB for a couples massage (wedding gift). Please think of me on the next trip

cola
02-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Damn it, my boats in Havasu. I'am going to get it this weekend. :mad:
Mike