PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Byron, Circle of life....

SnakeWrench
07-15-2007, 12:58 AM
What a day today. This morning, I went to say goodbye to Byron Bronson. An old friend that meant so much to those that knew him.
A compassionate man, a caring man, a coach, a father, a grandpa, a friend, a stern leader.....so many things Byron was. To us, he was Bronson Hill Propellers and the president of the SCMA. To us, he was the handshake and the wink, the touch on the shoulder a true friend gives. He laughed, with you, never at you. He wanted to hear what happened with all the details. But was never long winded. He got to the point when he had too, but took the time to hear. He was a gentleman in the truest form.
His signature hat, worn a little crooked on his balding head. His love for food(tulsa rib) His fear of flying, and love of train rides. His lack of complaining, but his offer of solution. His guidance, never intrusive. His friendship....forever.
as a football player, he played with coach, the great Lumbardi(sp). He played in the first superbowl for Green bay. Didn't brag about it.
No matter how long it had been, he always made it feel like he couldn't wait to see you again, and he truely did. I found out today that he was a tap dancer, not a very good one, but the same, a tap dancer.
He embraced life and embraced friends. Loved his family, loved being a grandpa. Missed his daughter and still talked to his late wife every night.
Byron was a representative of a dying breed. A breed that may not be around forever. Byron was a true gentleman, a selfless, compassionate gentleman. He will be missed.
In contrast, today was the baby shower for our grandson, and what I pray, is simple, that what I discribed Byron to be, I pray that Aiden would be all that he will read on this page. If I can show him one tenth of what Byron represented in life, than our grandson will be a true gentleman. The circle of life was represented to me today, in vivid detail. From a full life lived, to the endless possibilities of a life ready to begin.
God bless you Byron, and see you next month Aiden.

32sunrkt
07-15-2007, 02:39 AM
My thoughts and intermost blessings are with his entire family & friends at this time.
Byron was certainly a personable, warm and an outstanding man. I see his G-Bay/Packers action picture often times where I sit in Jim's office's.
In memory, Byron did posses and maintain a certain aire or specialness that applies to certain individuals whom are able effect change in a possitive way and also touch or reach people in their way. Upon walking in as a first time or novice customer; he ceratinly spoke to me in educational manner. Altogther, It's called Character. Byron had possession of this trait.
Again, his family, friends and his proffesion will indeed miss him. Through Joel & the rest of the industry that he was so much apart of; I will always have respect. * Peace be with him & family.
- Rick

Quality Time
07-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Very Nice Posts; both of you. Byron was a very special man who I had the pleasure of knowing and ealing with.

SnakeWrench
07-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Great Post SW!!!! Byron was a great all around person that just made you feel at home no matter the situation. I was suprised about the tap dancing but not the snail trail story;)
I just wondered if he had his hat on when he tap danced. lol
It was great seeing everyone. I didn't talk much, just walked around and listened, the stories they all told. Sorry I missed you there Knuck, but after listening to Cliff for 10 minutes, it was time to go. lol