PDA

View Full Version : Droop snoot ?

biggraypig
07-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Long or short style. What do you like, and why? What are advantages, or disadvantages for either style?
Thanks for the input.

IMPATIENT 1
07-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Long or short style. What do you like, and why? What are advantages, or disadvantages for either style?
Thanks for the input.
lots of factors to consider, your hull design and hp level will determine what droop works best. the best thing to do is borrow both from someone and try them out. i had a taylor dc(heavy lake v) that liked the short droop, the long droop tried to carry the hull and i never had the power to do it. actually lost @4mph with a long droop over the shorty too, but it wasn't like i was "flying" a gullwing or tunnel:D lol imo, heavy jetboats do well with a short droop.

W.O.T
07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
They help your boat ride higer in the water which will increase top speed for most boats. I just put one on my challenger this season. My boat does porpoise a little more with it at mid throttle. Wide open and cruising it doesnt bother it. I dont have any gps numbers before the droop and after but im kind of anxious to try the straight snoot. The porpoising is kinda weird but i can usually fix it with the diverter. The droop did help alot throwin that roost though, and made my boat ride alot higher in the water. I bought mine from Eddie Marine online. Good price. Heres a few pics
Before the droop
http://a314.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_a278fd58c7d0289015e53567cb5fc361.jpg
Added the droop
http://a360.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/104/l_b5b514b2f010ec424427ce85c8a0baff.jpg
Roost
http://a15.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/120/l_ade8aacac3a99c73a4b721dac48c1fae.jpg

W.O.T
07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I think it just really depends on your application. I would try to find someone with a hull like yours and get good advice. search this forum for droop snoot.

jbone
07-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Here is a related question.
I have a heavy 21 ft open bow. It rides great with the normal stuff on board, but if I put another family and stuff aboard, the boat obviously rides lower. Due to the weight, I have a terrible porpoise while cruising unless I burry the nose with the diverter (much worse gas mileage this way). Also, the steering is very stiff.
Take the stuff off and go for a ride and all is well again.
I took delivery of the boat with a Droop, so I don't know any different, but I was hoping someone with a heavy 21 could shed some light on the straight snoot, like the one from Hi-tech performance.
I have 500 hp now and can reach 68 gps by myself and 40 gals of gas.
If I get a straight and it works out, I'll have a droop for sale.
Thanks,
J

biggraypig
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
My boat is a Sidewinder, 18ft, medium V, Not real light, but not real heavy either. I know I may catch shit for this, but it is Olds 455 powered, around 300 hp. No work done to the jet yet,but that will be done soon. I plan on adding my place diverter, and a droop snoot if it will help.
What do you think would work for my application?
Thanks