PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell Hot Boaters?!?!

Shockwave 25
07-15-2007, 10:45 AM
:mad:
After a great morning on the water we went to Topock for breakfast. Good food, but back to my gripe. We headed down river for a few and a little swim. Than on our way back we are coming up on the Topock Bridge and see all kinds of stuff in the water; ice chest, paddles, life vest, shoes, sandals, and etc. We start looking for a boat in trouble but didnÂ’t see anything than we saw 2 people clinging to the bridge, one female very shaken up and a male trying to hold on to a canoe. We notice a 2nd male floating down river trying to grad anything he can of value. So, we are there for about an hour getting them off the bridge and collecting all the valuable belongings we towed the canoe to the beach on the AZ side. While all this is happening about 60+ boats go speeding by, never slowing down or asking if we needed any helpÂ… TOTAL BS!!! What happened to doing good deeds and helping others, especially those in trouble? You know, some day their 100K boat might break down or they might need help on the road heading home from the river and maybe then they will remember passing by some people that really needed help and they didnÂ’t stop. Long story short I was very POÂ’d and embarrassed because we all talk about family and helping everyone but in all honesty some people mention family and all they mean is their own!
About the people; 5 were involved, 1 was hurt from falling on the rocks, one could barley swim, the other 3 were okay, and everything else worked out for the bestÂ…
Remember my Hot Boat family; Pay it forward. There may be a day when one of us may need help and we hope someone stops.
Enough ranting for nowÂ….

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
After a great morning on the water we went to Topock for breakfast. Good food, but back to my gripe. We headed down river for a few and a little swim. Than on our way back we are coming up on the Topock Bridge and see all kinds of stuff in the water; ice chest, paddles, life vest, shoes, sandals, and etc. We start looking for a boat in trouble but didnÂ’t see anything than we saw 2 people clinging to the bridge, one female very shaken up and a male trying to hold on to a canoe. We notice a 2nd male floating down river trying to grad anything he can of value. So, we are there for about an hour getting them off the bridge and collecting all the valuable belongings we towed the canoe to the beach on the AZ side. While all this is happening about 60+ boats go speeding by, never slowing down or asking if we needed any helpÂ… TOTAL BS!!! What happened to doing good deeds and helping others, especially those in trouble? You know, some day their 100K boat might break down or they might need help on the road heading home from the river and maybe then they will remember passing by some people that really needed help and they didnÂ’t stop. Long story short I was very POÂ’d and embarrassed because we all talk about family and helping everyone but in all honesty some people mention family and all they mean is their own!
About the people; 5 were involved, 1 was hurt from falling on the rocks, one could barley swim, the other 3 were okay, and everything else worked out for the bestÂ…
Remember my Hot Boat family; Pay it forward. There may be a day when one of us may need help and we hope someone stops.
Great job.. it was a good thing you were there.. Can you imagine what would have happend if you weren't.. Some people only care about them and theirs.. I am sure they were very very happy to see you.. Who knows how long they were all in the water. Luckily no one got ran over.
Great job..

Jbb
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
.....errr...canoes dont count...now log off ...and dont come back!
j/k ....good thing for them you were there

Nord
07-15-2007, 10:52 AM
One way. Helping somebody means giving them another beer from your cooler or having a party at your pad and inviting them.
Good for you, you should boat at Parker.
I concur with Thesaurus on this one;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
.....errr...canoes dont count...now log off ...and dont come back!
:jawdrop: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bolt.gif

havasurat27
07-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I would always stop. Just not there with you.

spectras only
07-15-2007, 11:08 AM
It is because many people have expensive boats but don't want to get it scratched or getting involved when someone is in trouble .Most are not aware of the maritime rules you have to aid someone in distress by maritime law. I've pulled sailboats to safety with my jetboat , when they were drifting towards rocks when they lost their power , or getting grounded on the shallows of Jericho beach here in Vancouver . Yet most ragboat owners would look the other way when you waive at them ,when they're in no need of assistance :rolleyes: . The majority of Harley owners do the ;) same to Jap bike owners :)

centerhill condor
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
The majority of Harley owners do the ;) same to Jap bike owners :)
very rarely. Rice burners are very reliable.
I've been towed in at least once a season and enjoy being able to return the favor. Make some new friends.
CC

77charger
07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I have seen it at mohave too where boats drive 20ft away at full speed past canoes leaving a good rocking wake.
Wheter you like them or not they have every right to the waterways too.I know some will say do it during the week but not everyone has the weekdays off.
I usually stay as far as i can from them and if i have to get close i slow it down to wakeless and go by(that is the law too)

Deano
07-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Times have changed in a big way. You can't rely on anyone helping you anymore.
I grew up on the river/havasu and was taught to help anyone that needs it. To this day I will help any and everyone if need be..Karma is a bitch. Glad you were there to help. You are a bigger person than most now a days.

OverKill
07-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I agree JOB well done. To all those who just drive by when someone needs help, ya you know who you are. F**K YOU and you boat. Just remember if I see that S**t going on. I will find you and ROOST your open bow...:mad:
Again props to all who take time out of there weekend to give another boater a hand.

3 daytona`s
07-15-2007, 05:09 PM
the area has the most rude,inconsiderate,not boating educated people I have ever encountered.I believe it is all about "ME" until in a jam.

shueman
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Way ta go... :cool: Be sure to use your flag to wave down speeding boats, if possible. They should NOT be hauling ass within a close proximity of a rescue. It is also a serious violation to NOT aid a boat or boater in distress.