PDA

View Full Version : LHC, Party Police, Big Brother!!!

IDRPSTF
07-15-2007, 10:58 AM
As a two, soon to become three business owner in Lake Havasu City. I would like to know who stands to be accountable for allowing the Court TV crew on Taxpayer boats? I was out on the water when this filming took place and alongside plenty of other people attempting to have a good time (Legally) while being filmed from a police boat felt like Big Brother was watching.
Then I see how the film is cut and edited to portray Lake Havasu as a place unsafe to vacation?
WOW!!! Is all I can say.
I, along with every other business owner who no longer wonders why families are choosing other places to boat would like to give a big thank you for spending my tax dollars on something that so blatantly works against any sort of revenue in this town!
I no longer wonder why the numbers are down for visitors.
Make laws so strict that only family boats would dare hit the water... then broadcast very one sided video taken from Law Enforcment (Taxpayer) boats to scare the family boaters away.
I am begining to think the mayor of Lake Havasu is planning on having the lake all to himself next year!

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 11:02 AM
As a two, soon to become three business owner in Lake Havasu City. I would like to know who stands to be accountable for allowing the Court TV crew on Taxpayer boats? I was out on the water when this filming took place and alongside plenty of other people attempting to have a good time (Legally) while being filmed from a police boat felt like Big Brother was watching.
Then I see how the film is cut and edited to portray Lake Havasu as a place unsafe to vacation?
WOW!!! Is all I can say.
I, along with every other business owner who no longer wonders why families are choosing other places to boat would like to give a big thank you for spending my tax dollars on something that so blatantly works against any sort of revenue in this town!
Make laws so strict that only family boats would dare hit the water... then broadcast very one sided video taken from Law Enforcment (Taxpayer) boats to scare the family boaters away.
I am begining to think the mayor of Lake Havasu is planning on having the lake all to himself next year!
maybe it is time for people like yourself, trying to make a living there get a camara crew together and tell the truth about what you see..
I am sure you can get alot of people on here to help..
The mayor, city council or whom ever the farts are can pound sand.. They are making it to where we don't want to go there..

Boatcop
07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
WOW!!! Is all I can say.
And why do you expect that the Mayor, or anyone else associated with LHC, do something about what an Agency from another State does?
And do you pay taxes to San Bernardino County? Because they are the ones who have the Court TV folks aboard.
Have you seen the show? Apparently not, because then you'd know that Lake Havasu City has nothing to do with it.
People need to pay attention, and not assume that any cop boat on the water is from Lake Havasu City.
For the record:
Lake Havasu PD patrols only in the channel, since that is the limit of their jurisdiction on the water.
Lake Havasu City has no control whatsoever on what occurs at the Sandbar or at Copper Canyon or at Steamboat Cove, or anywhere else on the Lake outside of the London Bridge Channel, except maybe Site 6 Cove.

MudPumper
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
And why do you expect that the Mayor, or anyone else associated with LHC, do something about what an Agency from another State does?
And do you pay taxes to San Bernardino County? Because they are the ones who have the Court TV folks aboard.
Have you seen the show? Apparently not, because then you'd know that Lake Havasu City has nothing to do with it.
People need to pay attention, and not assume that any cop boat on the water is from Lake Havasu City.
For the record:
Lake Havasu PD patrols only in the channel, since that is the limit of their jurisdiction on the water.
Lake Havasu City has no control whatsoever on what occurs at the Sandbar or at Copper Canyon or at Steamboat Cove, or anywhere else on the Lake outside of the London Bridge Channel, except maybe Site 6 Cove.
Good obs Allen, looks like thats the end of this poorly thought out thread. LMAO. :D :D :D

Not So Fast
07-15-2007, 11:49 AM
For the record:
You should make this a sticky so that you dont have to repeat so often!:idea:
Myself, I found the one show that has aired on Court TV so far was very informative about what goes on here in Havasu and other locals. Now you know what it is like to pull into a large crowd that is basically drunk on their collective asses from LEO point of veiw. Also some of the stupid and quite frankly very dangerous behavior that occurs on this and any other lake.
If you arent doing something illegal then why are you so nervous. If you are legal then maybe talk a little with the Deputies out there and you'll find them to be just regular Joes (90%) doing a job that is required to be done.
I dont object to it one bit and am glad to see some LEO's on the lake. Now the Dept of Game & Fish that lays in wait for the boaters making too much noise up in the Topock area, well thats another matter alltogether :( NSF

boatseller2
07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
For the record:
Way to go BC. The guys and gals that are out on the water protecting all of us and showing our lifestyles should be commended, not looked down on. If you are doing the right thing on the waterways, smile, wave and get on with it. If not, expect to get hasseled, you deserve it.

Riomouse911
07-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Hmmm.. I'm wondering if $300-$400-$500 dollar weekend fuel bills aren't driving away some of the weekend traffic, and cutting down on discretionary spending at local businesses. I know it's cut down our trips to a max of one a month, and we bring our food and eat in instead of going out.
Certainly, the increased costs are affecting folks much more than the few people (if any) who might've visited LHC and had their plans changed by watching Court TV. (I can honestly say I've had cable service or DirecTV for last 25 years and I have no idea where Court TV is on my tuner)
Oh, and I can't recall ever being hassled on the water by PD-SO-F&G either. At least we get to swim anytime we want to and drink a beer or two in the heat, those dudes are sweating on deck all day. But if it keeps one person from being another headline in the paper and an RIP post on HB, I guess it's worth it. As for me, my hat's off to B.C. because I'll pass on that duty.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 12:37 PM
reading everyones post and the original posters.. I don't think he is bashing any of the PD.. I don't think he is liking the Media telling everyone how bad Havasu is.. It is not always bad.. Just a few idiots.. but it is affecting his business and many others from what I have read.. He wants to know who is responsible for letting them blow Havasu out of proportion and only reporting the bad and not the good things..
Correct me if I read it wrong.. :)

phebus
07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Another thing that most people don't know, is that the proposed plans for the University include a 500 slip public marina.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Another thing that most people don't know, is that the proposed plans for the University include a 500 slip public marina.
:jawdrop: I can't say if that is good or bad.

Mandelon
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I saw the show and it really didn't make out the town to be bad news. There were only a few incidents that the PD had to handle, and those were folks you wouldn't want in town anyway. The cops gave a couple warnings and seemed level handed.
I didn't see the show as potraying Havasu in a negative light at all.
What extra cost do you think there is to have a camera crew on a boat that would be on patrol anyway?
If families are choosing somewhere else to go its because of the obnoxious wiggers and weaners, and the gang banger looking cholo types, the loud rap music laced with profanity, the overcrowiding and the thongs and pasties. Not what most of us want to expose our kids to....:(

djunkie
07-15-2007, 01:01 PM
For the record:
Just curious but can the San Bern. PD police the channel also? Cause I was there 2 weeks ago and they were cruising through the channel with film crew on board video taping.

phebus
Also, I encourage everyone to join the Lake Havasu Marine Association. If we as boaters unify, we can hopefully influence politics to maintain the priveleges we have now. It also provides you with valuable information.
Todd969 from here on the boards is the Executive Director, and can provide you with any information you need to join.

MRS FLYIN VEE
I saw the show and it really didn't make out the town to be bad news. There were only a few incidents that the PD had to handle, and those were folks you wouldn't want in town anyway. The cops gave a couple warnings and seemed level handed.
I didn't see the show as potraying Havasu in a negative light at all.
What extra cost do you think there is to have a camera crew on a boat that would be on patrol anyway?
If families are choosing somewhere else to go its because of the obnoxious wiggers and weaners, and the gang banger looking cholo types, the loud rap music laced with profanity, the overcrowiding and the thongs and pasties. Not what most of us want to expose our kids to....:(
:idea: now can you say the same thing if you didn't have the kids. :) :D

Mandelon
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Thongs and pasties might be acceptable if that were the case... :D

phebus
07-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Man, you sure are opinionated. :D

Glamasu
07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Hmmm.. I'm wondering if $300-$400-$500 dollar weekend fuel bills aren't driving away some of the weekend traffic, and cutting down on discretionary spending at local businesses. I know it's cut down our trips to a max of one a month, and we bring our food and eat in instead of going out.
Certainly, the increased costs are affecting folks much more than the few people (if any) who might've visited LHC and had their plans changed by watching Court TV. (I can honestly say I've had cable service or DirecTV for last 25 years and I have no idea where Court TV is on my tuner)
Oh, and I can't recall ever being hassled on the water by PD-SO-F&G either. At least we get to swim anytime we want to and drink a beer or two in the heat, those dudes are sweating on deck all day. But if it keeps one person from being another headline in the paper and an RIP post on HB, I guess it's worth it. As for me, my hat's off to B.C. because I'll pass on that duty.
I would lean in this direction here....My situation isn't too much different...I try to get out 2xs a month but still don't eat out and throw money out for needless stuff like we used too.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Man, you sure are opinionated. :D
I'm like an ass hole.. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Thongs and pasties might be acceptable if that were the case... :D
:D :D
I wear a thong so my kids are use to seeing them.. pasties no.. :)
don't I look stunning..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/thong.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Just curious but can the San Bern. PD police the channel also? Cause I was there 2 weeks ago and they were cruising through the channel with film crew on board video taping.
My understanding is yes, every law enforcement agency has juridiction from shore to shore so as to not get into any "well I was on the AZ side of the lake and you're a CA agency" issues.....

ULTRA26 # 1
07-15-2007, 01:27 PM
You should make this a sticky so that you dont have to repeat so often!:idea:
Myself, I found the one show that has aired on Court TV so far was very informative about what goes on here in Havasu and other locals. Now you know what it is like to pull into a large crowd that is basically drunk on their collective asses from LEO point of veiw. Also some of the stupid and quite frankly very dangerous behavior that occurs on this and any other lake.
If you arent doing something illegal then why are you so nervous. If you are legal then maybe talk a little with the Deputies out there and you'll find them to be just regular Joes (90%) doing a job that is required to be done.
I dont object to it one bit and am glad to see some LEO's on the lake. Now the Dept of Game & Fish that lays in wait for the boaters making too much noise up in the Topock area, well thats another matter alltogether :( NSF
Bobby,
How's it going? What's the story about Fish and Game, Topck and noise enforcement. I took the mufflers out the 1st day in ID. Thought they were causing a problem. Turned out it wasn't the mufflers. It was a bad switch which I had to bypass.
John M

Baja Big Dog
07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I saw one of the shows, and I also didn't see it shinning a bad light on Havasu. I thought they showed some pretty good stuff, making some punks swim around and pick up trash in the water, and dealing with a drunk dick head that wouldn't shut up.
I wouldn't be afraid to bring the family out after seeing the show....maybe I missed something?:confused:
Not all of Havasu's income is from weekenders..was talking to one of the bartenders at a local pub, and she was blaming the lack of business on the smoking laws, I called bullshit, purely coincidence, with the bottom falling out of the building market and the lack of the trades working and generating money for eating out, and other frivolous spending has to have an effect on the economy.

Not So Fast
07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Bobby,
How's it going? What's the story about Fish and Game, Topck and noise enforcement. I took the mufflers out the 1st day in ID. Thought they were causing a problem. Turned out it wasn't the mufflers. It was a bad switch which I had to bypass.
John M
Just heard roundabout that Game & Fish were hanging around the gorge area, I believe it was Phat Matt that posted something about how its destroying the animals hearing so they are watching for noise violations:confused: Only been going on for a bazzillion years but its what you expect now, right?? What about humans ears when a pack of Harleys go by, same thing no. Dont get upset now bikers, just an analogy!! NSF

meaniam
07-15-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW!!! Is all I can say.
Make laws so strict that only family boats would dare hit the water... then broadcast very one sided video taken from Law Enforcement (Taxpayer) boats to scare the family boaters away.
I am beginning to think the mayor of Lake Havasu is planning on having the lake all to himself next year!
we saw them walking around at the sandbar July 3RD. one short Mexican camera boy(cool guy). and a S.B. sheriff with a freakin attitude. i know i spoke with him a few seconds (my choice)the cop seemed like an ahole maybe a bad day.but still he chose a job dealing with the public. and i am not his cuase for any problems. i figure it is only a matter of time before they pull the plug on that show from the one episode i watched. "freakin want to be COPS". i also think it is b.s. the weeds all over that lake. taking up all the sandy beaches. i doubt they are natural and wonder what king of long term effect on the balance of nature those will play. cant be good. who will go and take all the trash that floats into those weeds out. and they will create stagnate water. great for breeding west nile virus infested mosquito's. if the reeds are planted. this board and mayor of havasu. has gone to the far extreme and cant wait for it to back fire. why would S.B even really care about what happen at the sandbar. i dont think they make revenue off of it. in the form of taxes or anything.
i am not anti cop. but i am anti dickhead. cool cop i treat great. ahole cop, i want him away from me. i dont break laws out there but am unconfortable with the camara crew walkin with johnny. after seeing the 1 show i watched from flordia

Boatcop
07-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it's more the US Fish and Wildlife Service that's enforcing most of the noise laws within the Refuge.
It's possible that Arizona Game & Fish may be doing some enforcement in that area, but noise has never been a big priority for them.
And to quell the conspiracy theorists, the reeds (cat-tails) aren't planted. They happen to occur naturally.
And again, the MAYOR OF LAKE HAVASU CITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAKE OR THE SANDBAR!
Sheesh. Can't people read around here? :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
07-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I think it's more the US Fish and Wildlife Service that's enforcing most of the noise laws within the Refuge.
It's possible that Arizona Game & Fish may be doing some enforcement in that area, but noise has never been a big priority for them.
And to quell the conspiracy theorists, the reeds (cat-tails) aren't planted. They happen to occur naturally.
And again, the MAYOR OF LAKE HAVASU CITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAKE OR THE SANDBAR!
Huh? ;)

Baja Big Dog
07-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Well quit using the big words!!!:D

phebus
07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
The "reed seed" conspiracy surfaces again. LMAO :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 04:43 PM
The "reed seed" conspiracy surfaces again. LMAO :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/76935186_2aa6ff3e64.jpg
:D :D

2Driver
07-15-2007, 05:11 PM
over some poor unsuspecting family falling for this.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347img428.jpg

franky
07-15-2007, 06:26 PM
And the University is the only reason there will be a marina (or visa versa), it is the way the state land regs are written.

shueman
07-15-2007, 06:28 PM
With every new boat delivered/title transferred, or rental contract written, it should be mandatory that a video about boating safety be viewed, and SIGNED off. Just too many stupid people out there these days.
Lots of the Party Patrol content would fit right in...;)

westair
07-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I can, this lake has no room for more boats!!

ThongMagnet
07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually the lake has alot of room, just no more room for idiots and criminals.:idea:

westair
07-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Actually the lake has alot of room, just no more room for idiots and criminals.:idea:
Ok, I can go along with that.:D :D

meaniam
07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
forget about those zebra mussels. those reeds are destroying our lake. i had heard. and guess i was wrong in what i heard about the reeds. sorry. someone has you going today huh? i am sure it gets fustrating with hearing all this shit all the time. so i say down with goverment:D its a joke.
i just remember reading on here last year all the meetings. and it seemed like the lake was a big problem and the city wanted to combat this. but agian i read it on ***boat.
i still am unhappy with the cops walking around with a camara crew. dont give a crap which department it is. i heard sbso has like a lottery to see who gets to work the river during holiday weekends. and if that is true. i cant really see how one sbso would have a bad attitude.

Todd969
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
The university does not have plans for a public marina, sorry if you think they do.
NAU is not the marina builder. Along with a 4 year school there are plans for housing and a new marina ( privately funded,not sure on who's going to run it YET )... Feel free to call me @ 928-208-6044 or Charlie Cassens @ 928-854-4212. Either of us can share the FACTUAL details on the planned development of the land south of contact point.
***Note***
I only have limited facts about this right now. The LHCMA is working with several groups and hopes to have some involvment in the marina process.
Todd

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I think there is plenty of room.. Just have to stay away from the idiots who think they own the whole thing.. :D

Biglue
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
we saw them walking around at the sandbar July 3RD. one short Mexican camera boy(cool guy). and a S.B. sheriff with a freakin attitude. i know i spoke with him a few seconds (my choice)the cop seemed like an ahole maybe a bad day.but still he chose a job dealing with the public. and i am not his cuase for any problems. i figure it is only a matter of time before they pull the plug on that show from the one episode i watched. "freakin want to be COPS". i also think it is b.s. the weeds all over that lake. taking up all the sandy beaches. i doubt they are natural and wonder what king of long term effect on the balance of nature those will play. cant be good. who will go and take all the trash that floats into those weeds out. and they will create stagnate water. great for breeding west nile virus infested mosquito's. if the reeds are planted. this board and mayor of havasu. has gone to the far extreme and cant wait for it to back fire. why would S.B even really care about what happen at the sandbar. i dont think they make revenue off of it. in the form of taxes or anything.
i am not anti cop. but i am anti dickhead. cool cop i treat great. ahole cop, i want him away from me. i dont break laws out there but am unconfortable with the camara crew walkin with johnny. after seeing the 1 show i watched from flordia
WOW.
the weeds all over that lake. taking up all the sandy beaches. i doubt they are natural and wonder what king of long term effect on the balance of nature those will play. cant be good.
Double WOW coming from the guy sporting jean shorts on the lake. :D :D

meaniam
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
WOW.
Double WOW coming from the guy sporting jean shorts on the lake. :D :D
never watched a show one time just to come up with an opinion of: it sucks!
im glad you decided to take the time and quote me. also glad that you cant seem to get over the fact i wore jean short the one time i saw you almost 2 years ago at the river. what is it that has you so focused on one mans shorts?:confused: move on. go out find something new. I'm not enjoying the attention you are giving to that area of my body

Biglue
07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
never watched a show one time just to come up with an opinion of: it sucks!
im glad you decided to take the time and quote me. also glad that you cant seem to get over the fact i wore jean short the one time i saw you almost 2 years ago at the river. what is it that has you so focused on one mans shorts?:confused: move on. go out find something new. I'm not enjoying the attention you are giving to that area of my body
Don't flatter yourself there Mikey. And I will move onto something else to pick on you about.......
Like the reeds and you doubting if they're real or not. How asenine a comment can you make? I mean do you think that the Local LEO would actually go to Home Depot and buy some imitation reeds and decorate the sandbar with them? This ain't some outdoor/landscaping show n shit.
If that's not good enough, how about your spelling and grammar? We could really have a day in the park with that.......:jawdrop: :)

meaniam
07-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Don't flatter yourself there Mikey. And I will move onto something else to pick on you about.......
Like the reeds and you doubting if they're real or not. How asenine a comment can you make? I mean do you think that the Local LEO would actually go to Home Depot and buy some imitation reeds and decorate the sandbar with them? This ain't some outdoor/landscaping show n shit.
If that's not good enough, how about your spelling and grammar? We could really have a day in the park with that.......:jawdrop: :)
1. before we go pointing out peoples misspelling. maybe you should run a spell check on your post. dipshit it is asinine
2.natural to the environment. did i say they were fake or plastic you f*ck!:eek: :) and i don't think i stated the leo had anything to do with that. did I? And i do believe i clearly stated in my second post. that this was something that i heard. and that i stand corrected, by someone who would most likely know. you are like a little carp swimming the area around the docks. and when someone throws a bread crumb you jump to get it. (when someone f*cks up your there to point it out.) i don't want to be your bread crumb bro. i have not asked for it. nor have i chose to f*ck with you. so leave me out of your little ego stroking. i hope you now understand what move on means.
I dont really want to be a prick to you or anyone else. Just dont be a prick to me. It would be great if you also wouldn't talk shit behind people's back.

Biglue
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
1. before we go pointing out peoples misspelling. maybe you should run a spell check on your post. dipshit it is asinine
2.natural to the environment. did i say they were fake or plastic you f*ck!:eek: :) and i don't think i stated the leo had anything to do with that. did I? And i do believe i clearly stated in my second post. that this was something that i heard. and that i stand corrected, by someone who would most likely know. you are like a little carp swimming the area around the docks. and when someone throws a bread crumb you jump to get it. (when someone f*cks up your there to point it out.) i don't want to be your bread crumb bro. i have not asked for it. nor have i chose to f*ck with you. so leave me out of your little ego stroking. i hope you now understand what move on means.
I dont really want to be a prick to you or anyone else. Just dont be a prick to me. It would be great if you also wouldn't talk shit behind people's back.
What's the matter Mikey, can't take a joke anymore? Amazingly enough you took the bait and as usual you started crying again. That was too easy.
you are like a little carp swimming the area around the docks. and when someone throws a bread crumb you jump to get it. (when someone f*cks up your there to point it out.) i don't want to be your bread crumb bro. i have not asked for it. nor have i chose to f*ck with you. so leave me out of your little ego stroking.
Wow, talk about being panty busted. No one stroking any egos here jr. :rolleyes:
i hope you now understand what move on means.
Damn, you make it seem like we go back to high school or something.
It would be great if you also wouldn't talk shit behind people's back.
I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here Mikey. Why don't you just come out and say it. Get it off your chest on here or PM's if you want.
I mess around here with you just as I do with others. I don't know you enough to give you 2 seconds of thought or effort outside the forums bro. Don't give yourself so much credit.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Just heard roundabout that Game & Fish were hanging around the gorge area, I believe it was Phat Matt that posted something about how its destroying the animals hearing so they are watching for noise violations:confused: Only been going on for a bazzillion years but its what you expect now, right?? What about humans ears when a pack of Harleys go by, same thing no. Dont get upset now bikers, just an analogy!! NSF
Bobby,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm headed out this weekend but probabally won't come down as far as Havasu. Saturdays are just to crazy for me any more.
Talk to you soon.
John

IDRPSTF
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
For the record:
Took me a day to answer:
Yes I do pay taxes to CA because like many others in Lake Havasu I own businesses and property in CA and CA gives money to state and local authorities not excluding San Bern. Additionally San Bern has its helo in town during big weekends as well as units on the ground.
You are right Lake Havsu PD does watch the channel and makes one hell of a job doing so. I have seen fight get broken up in 10 seconds and peace restored. I have also seen young girls go to jail for flashing and we have all heard the stories about these kids loosing there when they get home because of having too much fun and not hurting anyone in the works. Anyone ever heard of "Mardi Gras"? Our elected officials have ordered our officers to give tickets to people that are not hurting anyone!!! And let me tell you....They and there friends are not coming back!!!
I am not complaining about the actions of our or even SBPD's offecers. I am saying that whomever allowed camera's on the boats and lost controll of the content has helped create an image non conducive to this towns bread and butter... the visitor.
And I do pay attention. I pay attention that big boats are "Not Wanted" in our only marina that has been allowed to create a monopoly in this town. I pay attention to 5 page magazine articles on our channel laws and how they make the officers judge and jury (I feel bad for the position the local government has put our offecers in by the way). And then I pay attention to articles written about Police per square mile of water on Havasu compared to Mead. Hmmmm... guess where people are going?
This town has enough Houses for sale right now to support the market for three years without another being built... We are no longer a small little town! Why are so many attemting to regulate and controll using small town tactics in a town that has grown so big, so fast?
We have rules and laws, breaking them results in consiquence. Lets review our laws to accomidate visitors and come to grips with the simple fact that Lake Havasu City is a vacation location. Lets treat visitors as if we appreciate the fact that they could have gone anywhare in the world over the weekend, and they choose Lake Havasu City. Take pride in the fact that we have become a destination and build an infastructure to accomidate our new title. As opposed to treating our gusts as if they are just lucky to be here for the weekend.
Lake Havasu City is home to some of the best people in the world. Sit in a locals bar by yourself and you are bound to have someone walk up and start talking with you. Break down on the water and almost certainly someone will come to help, but lets now forget why people come in the first place... we are a desert playground and a destination to have fun. Limit that and we are off the map.

IDRPSTF
07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
And to recap, Mrs Flynn V is correct. My post was asking about Cameras on Police Boats. This thread turned "What are the police doing"?
As for our Mayor. He does have to deal with the way this town is presented during his term. I am sure he can call SBPD and ask them what they are doing assisting in this show, or maybe he can just walk outside on the next big weekend when he calls them into town for extra help arresting 18 year olds who let a nipple slip?

LOWRIVER2
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
IDRPSTF
Let's see:
Camera crews ride with:1.San Diego beaches/PD
2.Miami beach-/PD
3.Hawaii -beach/PD
Have'nt seen those communities complaining. Why?
Take your time, do some research (ie: actually talk to local businesses) and see if YOU can prove any decline in attendance by tourists based on this show. My guess: The tourists who would change their mind about havasu would be the over 65 crowd in the winter. And the way the snow birds flock to AZ, I doubt they'll remember this show in the fall.
I'd bet that the show actually entices people who don't know about the lake to go there. I still see a steady stream of El Monte RV's going past me in Parker to the lake. I've talked to plenty of Germans at LAX that stopped in Havi. with those things on their trips. All had a good time.
Reality is the show shows EXACTLY what YOU should be glad LE is doing about the lake: ARRESTING drunk boaters who usually are on rental pontoons/sea doos. Most of those arrested were college students. I doubt the local economy really minds if a few less college kids show up at spring break. I guess you forgot the college kid that threw a cup full of urine at the senior citizen employee at a fast food restaurant a few years back.
Fact is, the lake is approaching critical mass for use, if you feel so strongly about tourism being affected, start showing up at council meetings, write letters to your congressmen and DO something other than merely rant on a website.
As for cameras riding with LE, guess what, the lake's on public lands which means the cameras can run regardless of being with a govt. agency or not. There is no expectation of privacy on public lands so unless you can get SBSO to get off their boats, drive to your house, and come in with the cameras without your permission, the cameras will keep rolling. I really doubt many non boating tourists watch an obscure cable channel show about policing a lake in AZ.

Kilrtoy
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Pure GEN-E-OUS I tell ya....
P.D.
That would be the SHAR-AR-IFFS

Tremor Therapy
07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
If families are choosing somewhere else to go its because of the obnoxious wiggers and weaners, and the gang banger looking cholo types, the loud rap music laced with profanity, the overcrow. Not what most of us want to expose our kids to....:(
Mandy,
I have editted what you posted, but for the most part you are right on! The pasties and thongs are a bit much when we are in family mode, but when it is an adult trip, wear what you like, I actually do not care one way or the other. But the first part of your response nailed it big time! :mad: