PDA

View Full Version : Generator Question

shadow
07-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Anybody have a Yamaha 2400IS? I know alot of people have the Hondas.
I'm looking at the Yamaha 2400IS & Honda EU2000i

Boatcop
07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
We just bought the Honda EU200i for our Dept. Pontoon Boat.
No problems, and powers just about everything we need.

DUCKY
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Yamaha doesn't have a history of building junk, so I am sure the quality is there. I have to imagine, however, that you will be happier buying maintenance parts for the Honda over at A&B Supply, than for the Yami at Walt's.....

shadow
07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Big stereo on the new boat?
Yamaha doesn't have a history of building junk, so I am sure the quality is there. I have to imagine, however, that you will be happier buying maintenance parts for the Honda over at A&B Supply, than for the Yami at Walt's.....
Thanks BC! What kind of stuff do you run off the Genny?
SWB No huge stereo this time,I'm more interested in powering a blender,TV/DVD. Charging the system would also come in handy for long weekends of cove camping.
Ducky,I've always had good luck at Walts but now that i know A&B carries
That type of stuff i'll check them out.
Do they carry Hondas?

uvindex
07-15-2007, 06:56 PM
For example: :D
http://gallerydriver.com/Art/03ElectricChair%2Egif

Boatcop
07-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Sadly we did away with "Old Sparky". :( A needle in the arm just doesn't give the same effect.
Actually we power floodlights, under water-equipment (Video, metal detector, Sonar, etc) At 200 watts, we haven't even come close to loading it up.
Quiet, too. You can carry on a normal conversation right next to it while it's under load.
Shop around. I've seen them as high as $1,600 bucks. We got ours for around $1,000.

Squeezing Spectra
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I have the yamaha 2600 and like it alot :D

FORCEINU
07-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Where can I get that deal for $750 give the phone number I"m interested The lowest Price I have seen is $850 free shipping. 1888-617-7333

bigblockbill
07-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I have had the yamaha 3000 for several years and love it. The honda 2000's would have taken 2 to run my camper AC where this thing does it. Its actually 3500 for start up because it uses the start battery for a while. Its quite and peeers like a kitty cat. Can run it at night and not have anyone complain. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

shadow
07-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the input!:)

77charger
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
from what i have read is that the yami will power an a/c unit.But if this is just for the boat then go with the smaller honda 2k

Big Kahunaa
07-15-2007, 08:41 PM
i bought 1 from checkers a 5800?(yellow and black)it works killer and was like 400$?.it will run my house and i can pick it up put it the rhino and go all over the ranch and have power, starts on 1st pull:)
i have the 3500 they do work good i was suprised

OCMerrill
07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
And if you really shop around, you can get one for $750.
I have not seen one that low but I have purchased 5 from Mayberrys.com.
The are like around $879 delivered. No tax if out of state (they are mid west I think). Excellent customer service.
http://www.mayberrys.com/honda/generator/models/eu2000i.htm
You have to call them for a price. Honda has an internet pricing policy that prevents them from advertising the price.
I personally could not find one cheaper. They are on all my trucks. Run and run, and yes very quiet.
I have only two with an add on digital hour meter totalizier. My #2 unit has almost 2200 hrs on it. Runs the same as when purchased.

OCMerrill
07-15-2007, 08:54 PM
We have all seen what happens if the sponge under the cap is left dry.:eek: :)

Magic34
07-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I had the Honda to power my A/C and also hooked up to the onboard charger at the same time.
I was happy with the Honda. Still have it. I have only used it 1 time since selling the boat, but love having it around for the enclosed trailer and powering the compressor for the Rhino trips I never take.:)
It powered my compressor with no problems. Everything you want to run, the Honda would be great. I went with the 2000 becuase it would run for 8 hours on 1 tank.
If everyone does a raft up for a night once it cools off, count me in. Bring 40' of coax cable and you can have satellite too. :D

shrek
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
The Honda EU line are the best generators out there.
I am working on replacing most of the small generators in my rental fleet with EU units, because they have been so good to us............and remember, nobody says........"Be gentle Bob, Its a rental."...............so they can take a beating.
I can beat the deals on the EU2000's.........if you want one.........email me, I have two in stock right now......... msvatos@ur.com keep the money in the family!!!
EU3000's are great.........this is what we use when we chase in Mexico.....runs a wire feed welder just perfectly.........so I guess I can say they are "Baja Proven"......sounds gay, but its true.
They now even make a EU6500.........and it is just as quiet as the EU3000's........I just bought 2 of them for my renal fleet.....just got them last week, and I have several people interested in buying them, already.......
I will be in Havasu this weekend, and would really like a reason for the company to pay for my gas there, so let me know if I should bring you a EU2000.........you know.....company business.....
Shrek

shadow
07-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Good info Thanks!:)

shadow
07-16-2007, 05:15 AM
The Honda EU line are the best generators out there.
I am working on replacing most of the small generators in my rental fleet with EU units, because they have been so good to us............and remember, nobody says........"Be gentle Bob, Its a rental."...............so they can take a beating.
I can beat the deals on the EU2000's.........if you want one.........email me, I have two in stock right now......... msvatos@ur.com keep the money in the family!!!
EU3000's are great.........this is what we use when we chase in Mexico.....runs a wire feed welder just perfectly.........so I guess I can say they are "Baja Proven"......sounds gay, but its true.
They now even make a EU6500.........and it is just as quiet as the EU3000's........I just bought 2 of them for my renal fleet.....just got them last week, and I have several people interested in buying them, already.......
I will be in Havasu this weekend, and would really like a reason for the company to pay for my gas there, so let me know if I should bring you a EU2000.........you know.....company business.....
Shrek
PM me a price for the EU2000. Can i wire up a remote push button start with this one pretty easy?

THOR
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
I have a Honda Eu2000 that I used for one season to power a trailer. I no longer use it though since I bought a motorhome. I worked fantastic and was very quiet.

Havasu Luvr
07-16-2007, 06:16 AM
PM me a price for the EU2000. Can i wire up a remote push button start with this one pretty easy?
The EU2000I is a recoil start only that I know of. but I guess anything is possible:D Just remember Juan's name when you want him to start it.:sqeyes:

kap
07-16-2007, 06:45 AM
If possible can you PM me with price and terms.
I live in San Diego or delivery in Yuma whatever is easiest.
Used is Ok just not beat up.
Thanks Kap

HPBoats83
07-16-2007, 07:42 AM
I am very interested in getting one of the honda generators for my shore power charger on my boat for the stereo. Please PM me a price, whoever has one either new or used (shrek).

Baja Big Dog
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Remote start wont work, they only have a pull start, the 3000 is electric start.
I run two of them (2000's), they will run an A/C in a trailer or motor home if the parallel plug is used, around 100 bucks.

THOR
07-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I am very interested in getting one of the honda generators for my shore power charger on my boat for the stereo. Please PM me a price, whoever has one either new or used (shrek).
Check your pm

hottrodder
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
The '04 toy hauler that I got a few months back came with a generator. I already had a EU3000 so I'm selling the generator that it came with. Honda EG 3500x for $450. PM me if anyones interested.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HEG35X.jpg

DILLIGAF
07-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I used the EU2000 but it could not keep up with my stereo. Had it taken out and just added some big amp charger to charge everything overnight.