PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mathews, off the 15..??

al cole'holic
07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
...what's the deal with this area? I just stumbled across a new housing development that boasts 2.5 acre lots with up to 7 bedrooms, rv garages and guest quarters with garage in the $700's...??

boatnam2
07-15-2007, 08:06 PM
off the 91 in rivertucky

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 08:07 PM
My friend, Randy lives up in Gavilian Hills which is near there. He lives off of Gavilian Rd and Lake Mathews Blvd. Some nice homes up there thats for sure.

al cole'holic
07-15-2007, 08:11 PM
...don't know the area myself, but was contacted by the developer yesterday: centuryvintagehomes.com They seem to have alot of developments in the works which include Parker and Needles tracts as well as IE and desert areas..

al cole'holic
07-15-2007, 08:12 PM
My friend, Randy lives up in Gavilian Hills which is near there. He lives off of Gavilian Rd and Lake Mathews Blvd. Some nice homes up there thats for sure.
..yea, thats the development I think :)

DUNDUN
07-15-2007, 08:14 PM
lake matthews is gorgeous, and they have beutiful homes with lake views up there.. the lake itself is perfect, sandy beaches everywhere.. its unfortunate we cant boat on it..

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
My buddy been up there for a few years. He is in an older home but there are some nice newer ones down the street from him. Been there a few times and sure is peaceful up there at night.
..yea, thats the development I think :)

HPBoats83
07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
That lake is just a reservoir that basically allows no human contact (fishing, boating, or anything). Just drinking water, I live off of Cajalco and drive by there all the time wishing I could go up there.

C-2
07-15-2007, 10:19 PM
That lake is just a reservoir that basically allows no human contact (fishing, boating, or anything). Just drinking water, I live off of Cajalco and drive by there all the time wishing I could go up there.
You can....it's all part of the fun. Matthews is MWD operated and has never been fished (at least legally) since it opened in the late 50' I believe - some big arse fish in that joint.
-----------
Al Cole'Holic;
The Gavilan Hills tracts are nice, some better than others. We've looked at them over the years, but they are bit out there. Running down to a store, or a decent school, is not an easy oe practical option.
Some of the homes are on lots which consist of irrigation valleys and hills, and you can't grade anything due to the HOA rules - I think you would be hard pressed to find anything with an acre+ of flat land. Fences too, lots of restrictions which is what scared us away.
Similar style homes on larger lots are popping up all over in the Mockingbird Canyon area, which is between Woodcrest and Lake Matthews. There too though, too many restrictions. William Lyon has some really nice homes there.

HM
07-16-2007, 06:05 AM
This is where it pays to know someone. :D I have fished several times on that lake and even skiid it once.
BTW - the whole "No body" contact is only for insurance purposes ONLY...human contact with water poses no contamination threat even if you poop in the water as the water goes thru a filtration process that is more than capable of handling any kind of human contact. Canyon Lake is a drinking resevoir as well, but we have insurance. :D

mjc
07-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Anybody who has beeen in Havasu has been in that water. Lake Matthews is the end of the canal that takes water from the pumping station on the south end of the lake. which is why Parker dam was built in the first place to get water to calif.

HPBoats83
07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
When I said no body contact, that's just how it's suppossed to be (I believe). As always people are going to find a way into it. I'd love to put my little remote control boat on that thing.

Baja Big Dog
07-16-2007, 08:47 AM
My buddy live next to the take, I wish I was drinking again so we could get up enough liquid courage to go fish that thing, can you imagine the fish in that lake???:confused:

repo man
07-16-2007, 08:59 AM
i fished it when i was a kid. all i can say is HUGE CATFISH.