PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye California...

caroftheweek
07-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Hello Prescott, AZ.
Tomorrow morning the big truck arrives to transport our life out of Moreno Valley and to a new life in AZ. We are really excited and scared. I was born and raised in South OC and when my wife and I got married, we moved to Moreno Valley becasue that is where our jobs were and where we could afford a house. This place has become more than we can handle lately and we both hit a crossroads in our jobs so there is no time like the present to make the move.
Wish us luck and as soon as the internet is hooked up, I will be back.:D
BTW, We have a beautiful house for sale in Mo Val. RV parking with full hook ups. Ask Ivan Dan about it:) :D
Ryan

Titan7
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
My brother and father live in Prescott, it's a nice place. I plan to retire there at some point. The weather reminds me of Arrowhead. Good luck!

OverKill
07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
GeeeZZZZ another Californian moving to Arizona. Where does it end. J/K welcome to AZ and good luck out here. Im sure you will find a Hot Boater near you if you need anything.
OverKill

boatsnblondes
07-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Good luck to you bro...we left hidden Springs down there last year for Modesto and have never looked back.....get settled in, send off some pics of the new place on here.....best to you both....:D

caroftheweek
07-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Good luck to you bro...we left hidden Springs down there last year for Modesto and have never looked back.....get settled in, send off some pics of the new place on here.....best to you both....:D
Thanks man. Here is a link to the house we are renting until we figure out where we want to be. Pretty nice place with bitchen views.
http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/sizetour.asp?frame=sReferer%3Drealtor%2Ecom%26t%3D 302824%26

27 Awesome cat
07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Very nice~~~~~~~:D

Riverdog1
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Hello Prescott, AZ.
Tomorrow morning the big truck arrives to transport our life out of Moreno Valley and to a new life in AZ. We are really excited and scared. I was born and raised in South OC and when my wife and I got married, we moved to Moreno Valley becasue that is where our jobs were and where we could afford a house. This place has become more than we can handle lately and we both hit a crossroads in our jobs so there is no time like the present to make the move.
BTW, We have a beautiful house for sale in Mo Val. RV parking with full hook ups. Ask Ivan Dan about it:) :D
Ryan
Congrats, you won't regret it one bit!!! AZ is the Shizna...j/k. I will join ya at the lake anytime:D . Where ya planning on moving to. I've looked at almost every development in the valley from Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe, Litchfield Park, Surprise...etc...I love it all...Except mid-town Phoenix--arm-pit. Look me up when you get into town.
RD

Dan Lorenze
07-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Nice house... Congrats to both of you...

shueman
07-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Congrats... :cool: Prescott is the place...gonna be there one day ourselves...:)

Craig
07-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Good Luck :) It's nice up there, we have some friends up there. You're only an hour and a half from the lakes here in the valley. You'll have to hook up with eveyone at Lake Pleasant in Humbug.

mobldj
07-16-2007, 05:49 AM
guess i will have to hold down the fort here in sunnymead ranch till i retire and move north.years and years away.good luck in the move.

RitcheyRch
07-16-2007, 06:25 AM
We hoping to move to Surprise late next year. Scared and excited at the same time.
Good luck on your move.
Congrats, you won't regret it one bit!!! AZ is the Shizna...j/k. I will join ya at the lake anytime:D . Where ya planning on moving to. I've looked at almost every development in the valley from Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe, Litchfield Park, Surprise...etc...I love it all...Except mid-town Phoenix--arm-pit. Look me up when you get into town.
RD

Riveratz
07-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Hello Prescott, AZ.
Ryan
I left Cali over 2 weeks ago for Havasu and haven't missed it one bit so far. Congrats on your move.

Big Warlock
07-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Hello Prescott, AZ.
Ryan
Welcome to Az! You'll love it here!

VEGASBABY
07-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Good for you. You just added about ten years to your life by gettin out of Cali. Have fun and good luck!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Good luck! I've always wanted to check that place out. I think they have the oldest continuous rodeo there, right? July 4 weekend.

Tequila-John
07-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Congrats! Great place to move. We made the move over 2 years ago and love it

phebus
07-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Why would anyone want to ever leave California? That's almost as stupid as buying a pontoon boat. :D

lalhc
07-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Congrats Ryan and best of luck to you and your wife w/your job careers.

Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Congrats and good luck.

JB in so cal
07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Move schmoove - I'm more concerned about your avitar:)

Magic34
07-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Drive safe, if you need anything just call.

MR HARLEY
07-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Best of luck to you on the move. I have been kicking around the idea myself lately. :)

yopengo
07-16-2007, 08:09 AM
How is the RE market in Prescott? Any deals?
What is it like 3 hours to Havasu?

Miss Perfect
07-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Congrats and good luck on your move! I think I am the oddball here because I just love California. I live very close to the office so I don't have to worry about traffic, so that helps. It's expensive, but in my mind it is worth every penny.
Again congrats on your move and good luck to you!

caroftheweek
07-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Drive safe, if you need anything just call.
Rueben and Gary are here now taking inventory. Seem like pretty cool guys. thank you.
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I will keep you posted on how we like it. now back to packing...:) :)
Ryan

voodoomedman
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Congrats. Counting the days until we can get out as well. If I could leave tomorrow I would.

caroftheweek
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Move schmoove - I'm more concerned about your avitar:)
I am going to keep the avitar for a while longer. The tooner might be on its way out. It doesn't fit under our awning that well (even after we raised it) and therefore noone else will use it but us. So that defeats the purpose of us having it. still really like but the wife is not so fond of it yet. Time will tell. Know anyone who might want an '08 Bennington???:D
My name ain't caroftheweek for nothing...:D

Reapers
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
There are a bunch of boaters in Prescott, Prescott Valley area. Give me a call if you need anything. I live in Prescott Valley. Tobi (928) 308 8093 By the way it is a "horrible" place to live, don't know why anyone would move here.:idea: :confused: :jawdrop:

GETSOME
07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Sorry too see you guys move far away. But then again probably see you out in havasu one of these days. You are turning into houseoftheweek too.

Mandelon
07-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Will the last white people to leave So Cal please turn out the lights....:D

Ivan Dan
07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
So how goes the move so far Ryan? Get everything packed? I know I know moving sucks! :) :D
Here is a link to his home for sale on my website Ryan's Moreno Valley home for sale. (http://www.dankaatz.com/Orange_County_listings/503CE988-C63D-3703-57619CB3F6651727.shtml) This is an absolutely gorgeous home if anyone is interested I'm sure we could work out a good deal for all.

Magic34
07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
How is the RE market in Prescott? Any deals?
What is it like 3 hours to Havasu?
Yes and yes. :)

Magic34
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I am going to keep the avitar for a while longer. The tooner might be on its way out. It doesn't fit under our awning that well (even after we raised it) and therefore noone else will use it but us. So that defeats the purpose of us having it. still really like but the wife is not so fond of it yet. Time will tell. Know anyone who might want an '08 Bennington???:D
My name ain't caroftheweek for nothing...:D
I am the metal awning/garge raising king!!!!! Done it twice on my current boat garage. Almost died, but this last time we raised it 5 feet!

talkinghead
07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
By 2050 California will have over 60 million "residents" - most probably in So. Cal.
So. California is already so congested it's nearly unbearable IMO - imagine in 10 or 15 years from now.
A population explosion is occurring in So. Cal. and has been for sometime.
I say get out, but keep your house and rent it if you can.

caroftheweek
07-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Well the 1st half is done. Reuben and Gary left the house at 8:30 this evening along with everything we own. so far i am pretty impressed with them. I will give you my final comments on Wednesday.
As far as the awning thing, we cannot raise it anymore because there will not be enough fall for the rain. and to move the house side higher is not even close to being cost effective.
Someone please buy my house. paying for 2 primary residences is gonna really suck.
Ryan

caroftheweek
07-16-2007, 09:12 PM
By 2050 California will have over 60 million "residents" - most probably in So. Cal.
So. California is already so congested it's nearly unbearable IMO - imagine in 10 or 15 years from now.
A population explosion is occurring in So. Cal. and has been for sometime.
I say get out, but keep your house and rent it if you can.
if it doesn't sell i may go that way. We just put alot into this house and it is not really renter-friendly if you know what i mean.

rocket98
07-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Well the 1st half is done. Reuben and Gary left the house at 8:30 this evening along with everything we own. so far i am pretty impressed with them. I will give you my final comments on Wednesday.
As far as the awning thing, we cannot raise it anymore because there will not be enough fall for the rain. and to move the house side higher is not even close to being cost effective.
Someone please buy my house. paying for 2 primary residences is gonna really suck.
Ryan
So what are you going to do for work in Prescott; I can help you out in a Alot of diff.area's. I hope it.s in a service area cause theirs not much else there. Except Rurger>

Eliminator 4 Life
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Come on you dont live in Modesto:eek:

TOBTEK
07-16-2007, 09:21 PM
GOOD LUCK......We may be right behind you as well. getting really tired of my 20 mile drive to work that takes 1.5 hours each way sometimes:(

squirt'nmyload
07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
i lived in prescott when i first moved to AZ 7 years ago. that lasted 6 months. had to get back to the "city". it is quite different now up there. i still go up there every once in a while to visit some friends. good luck and maybe see ya on whisky row :D

mbrown2
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
GOOD LUCK......We may be right behind you as well. getting really tired of my 20 mile drive to work that takes 1.5 hours each way sometimes:(
Ouch...that sux..
Left Cali Memorial day for AZ and enjoying the state so far and love the drive to the river :)

Havasu_Dreamin
07-17-2007, 06:42 AM
DAMN Toby! I thought my 25 mile 50-65 minute commute was bad.....

OutCole'd
07-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Damn, I left Cali over 9 years ago and dream of going back one day.:confused:

DCarr
07-17-2007, 06:58 AM
I left 14 yrs. ago and you couldnt pay me enough to move back there.

Ivan Dan
07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
What is the price, 499,900.00 or is it, 549,900.00 ? What kind of marketing strategy is this? I ask only because, I have seen this used recently and am curious. :)
It is called a Value Range Price. The seller will entertain offers in that price range of $499k to $549k. We didn't want to miss out on any potential buyers that might be looking around the $500k price. But we are hoping to get somewhere in the middle of the range. We strongly believe that once a buyer see's this home compared to what else is out there available for the same price they would fall in love with this home. We are hoping to get as many potential buyers through the door as possible because as stated prior the home is absolutely gorgeous inside.

yopengo
07-17-2007, 10:10 AM
So what does 499,000 - 549,000 get you in Prescott?

riverroyal
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
please,Im outta here if you come back

MBlaster
07-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?"
My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let you know how the trial goes.
Now that was a funny post.
As much as I love the river, after a week of heat its nice to get back to the coast.:D

djunkie
07-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Damm. And I thought my 5 mile/10 minute drive to work was bad. :devil: :D :D

caroftheweek
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
depends where you go in prescott. if you go down to prescott valley it will get you alot. in the city of prescott itself, it won't get you too much. The home we are renting for the next little while is on the market for 599k and it is similar to the house we just left in Moreno Valley. There are some really high priced areas 1-5 mil. and there are some old old neighborhoods with small (less than 1000 sqft) house in the high 200's.

caroftheweek
07-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Well we just got to the hotel after dropping the trailer and misc. itmes off at the house. there is lightning all around us and it is about 75 outside. just beautiful.
Tomorrow is move-in day. Movers will be here around 8:00am. tomorrow will be another long day but at least I can sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.:D
Ryan

Magic34
07-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Well we just got to the hotel after dropping the trailer and misc. itmes off at the house. there is lightning all around us and it is about 75 outside. just beautiful.
Tomorrow is move-in day. Movers will be here around 8:00am. tomorrow will be another long day but at least I can sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.:D
Ryan
All good on the load portion? Let me know if there is anything you guys need. I'll get it handled immediately.
I am in meetings from 12 PM until about 7 PM tomorrow, but I'll get back with you if you leave a message. :)

BadKachina
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Just moved to Arizona! Now this is a state that knows how to live!!
Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.
June 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.
June 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.
July 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.
July 15th:
Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.
July 20th:
I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and ****s. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.
July 25th:
The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order
parts.
July 30th:
Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?
Aug. 4th:
It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.
Aug. 8th:
If another wise *** cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!
Aug. 9th:
Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my *** was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and *** . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ***, and baked cat.
Aug 10th:
The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really
warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.
Aug. 14th:
Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?"
My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let you know how the trial goes.
I don't know if your serious, but this is f-n hilarious.:D :D

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
prescott valley or chino valley are places to go near prescott. they are larger, newer homes for less. my daughter and son-in-law are there and love it. can get more for the buck. i think if you want to spend 499k to 549k, you can get a lot

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.
June 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.
June 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.
July 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.
July 15th:
Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.
July 20th:
I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and ****s. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.
July 25th:
The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order
parts.
July 30th:
Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?
Aug. 4th:
It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.
Aug. 8th:
If another wise *** cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!
Aug. 9th:
Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my *** was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and *** . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ***, and baked cat.
Aug 10th:
The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really
warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.
Aug. 14th:
this is way too funny! love it. moving out to Surprise next year and am a bit scared since have lived in Cali all my life. think the only issue i can see having is not enough greenery and warm temps at night that dont allow a natural "cool down" that i love. but hey...i can aclimate if it means not dealing with the california "crap" any longer :D

2Driver
07-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Prescott' nice for sure. Are you retiring or working there?
It once took us 5 hours to get to Riverside/San Berdoo from Carefree, now we just drive up I-17. :D :D

Wheeler
07-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Welcome to Arizona!

Wheeler
07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
this is way too funny! love it. moving out to Surprise next year and am a bit scared since have lived in Cali all my life. think the only issue i can see having is not enough greenery and warm temps at night that dont allow a natural "cool down" that i love. but hey...i can aclimate if it means not dealing with the california "crap" any longer :D
What I miss is, the people! where I'm at there is no one. The river house is also dead, at least during the week. I have been back in Orange County working for the last 2 months. The traffic is of no concern, the Wx has been a nice change. I am back in Parker for a day or then back to the Oc. You will like the Phoenix area.

luvnhavi
07-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello Prescott, AZ.
Ryan
Good luck!! We are looking to do the same....probably east Phoenix area. Not sure yet. Just seriously looking.

luvnhavi
07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
June 14th:
June 30th:
July 10th:
July 15th:
July 20th:
July 25th:
parts.
July 30th:
Aug. 4th:
Aug. 8th:
Aug. 9th:
Aug 10th:
Aug. 14th:
Ok....seriously one of the funniest things I have ever read! Thanks for the insight to Arizona living. :D