PDA

View Full Version : Can a muslim make a good president?

H20Advantage
07-16-2007, 06:23 AM
I received this in an email and thought it was pretty interesting...
Better think about this long and hard.....
Can a Good Muslim be a Good American?
Interesting questions for the Muslim Community to discuss & for research on our part also.
Can a good Muslim be a good American?The author of this em-mail forwarded that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon
God of Arabia. Religiously - no. Because no other religion is
accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of
Islam and the Quran (Koran). Geographically - no. Because his
allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make
friends with Christians or Jews. Politically - no. Because he must
submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and
beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34 ).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American
Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes
the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not
allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist.
Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the
Christians God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as
heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Qurans 99 excellent
names.
Call it what you wish, its still the truth. You had better believe it! If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. Pass it on Fellow Americans. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
And Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim, wants to be our President...

EXTRMBT
07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Amen to that!
Thanks for posting. I hope this opens the eyes of the political blind.

boatsnblondes
07-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Not when they spout horseshit like this.......
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=031_1184599788&p=1
By the way, this this is Keith Ellison, MUSLIM congressman. HE has opened a HAILSTORM by compring Bush to Hitler....

Not So Fast
07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
That is what they have said (Muslims) they will do isn't it, "Beat us from the inside" if it's tru have you checked "Snoopes" to verify?? If tru then this nation is way to liberal to even allow him on the ballot IMO. Again if its true. NSF

eliminatedsprinter
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I would not vote for Obama because of his far left politics.
Perhaps a muslim will run for President someday. However that day has not come. Ellison is the only Muslim in Congress and he is far too nutty to ever be a presidential contender.
P.S. Obama is a member of The United Church of Christ. There is no evidence that he was ever a Muslim (or even religious at all) prior to joining them.

YeLLowBoaT
07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
A "normal" muslim would be fine as president... There is not much diffrence between him and a "good christain" Its the radicals( of both religons) that give them a bad name.

Boozer
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Barack's step father is a muslim. Borack is a christian.
I'm not even a fan of the guy but I know the facts and you should to before posting allegations about someone that are not correct. I can only imagine if someone posted something similar but it said that George Bush was a Satan Worshipper.

Outnumbered
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
HELL NO!

CAHotRodBoy
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
A "normal" muslim would be fine as president...
Is there such a thing? :(

rodnjen
07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
A "normal" muslim would be fine as president... There is not much diffrence between him and a "good christain" Its the radicals( of both religons) that give them a bad name.
One of the smartest things I've read on the boards in a while, thanks. Extremists and blind followers are the problem, regardless of their particular faith.

fatboy95
07-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Regarding Obama's religiosity, which appeared out of nowhere during his social activist work, following his graduation from law school, a line from Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass comes to mind, when the latter explained why Mike Ditka was not prepared for political life. "Ditka doesn't need a political life. And he hasn't spent decades planning for the scrutiny."
Obama's closest religious advisers -- Fr. Pfleger, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, and Illinois State Sen. James Meeks, who moonlights as the pastor of Chicago's Salem Baptist Church – may have quotes from Scripture always handy, but are theologically closer to Karl Marx and black nationalism, than to Christianity. The transcendent-non-transcendent motto the Rev. Wright has given Trinity is, "Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian."
According to State Sen./Rev. James Meeks' humble, personal church Web page, "Meeks' practical and charismatic style of instruction motivates the hearer to take action and has resulted in accomplishments of miraculous proportions." When the good Senator/Reverend is not accomplishing miracles and other feats "never before documented in history," he serves as the executive vice president of Jesse Jackson Sr.'s National Rainbow-Push Coalition. Why a man of God would want to be identified with Jackson's personal den of iniquity is a question only the Rev. Meeks can answer.
Now that Obama has a Republican opponent in Alan Keyes, Obama's media acolytes are working hard to discredit Keyes, a talk-show host who is a former ambassador, and presidential and senatorial candidate. Meanwhile, Obama, who when Jack Ryan was his opponent wanted six debates, has no desire to debate Keyes. Obama & Co. had better stick to their new script or Keyes, a brilliant man who knows the Constitution better than "Professor" Obama does, and whose own Christian faith comes not from Karl Marx or black nationalism (or possibly Unitarian Universalism), but from Christianity, might put some hard questions to Barack Obama.

Outnumbered
07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
In typical political fashion, his history has been spun every which way. Who really knows what he was raised as or what he is at heart? All I know is that with the obvious hatred and divisive effect that the muslims have on this country he makes a bad choice that will only lead to dissolving more of the Christian principles that this country was founded upon.
Published on Thursday, June 14, 2007 by The Toronto Star
Obama’s Muslim Heritage
by Haroon Siddiqui
JAKARTA–Barack Hussein Obama Jr. spent part of his youth here in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation.
The entrance foyer to his elementary school has a photograph, 2 metres by 1.3 metres, of the hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
Ten steps into the crowded rectangular courtyard and you can see his old homeroom, adjacent to the stairway leading to the second floor mosque, where he studied Islam.
He had a different name then, Barry Soetoro, after his stepfather.
His mother, the Kansas-born Ann Dunham, first married a Kenyan, Barack Hussein Obama. Her second husband was the Indonesian Lolo Soetoro, with whom she moved here in 1967.
Obama was enrolled in a Catholic primary school, and then for his Grades 3 and 4 in what is now called the Model Primary School, a much-sought after public school in an elite leafy neighbourhood.
Three of his teachers have said he was enrolled as a Muslim. In his autobiography, Dreams From My Father, he mentions his Qur’an studies here.
A classmate of his in Jakarta has said that Obama used to wear a sarong and accompany his father to the neighbourhood mosque, but that his mother used to go to church.
All of which sounds about right for a mixed marriage. But in post-9/11 America, any association with Islam can be toxic for a presidential candidate. So his detractors are emphasizing it and he is running from it.
When Fox Television claimed in January that he had attended a “madrassa,” his office said: “Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim and is a committed Christian who attends church in Chicago.”
But in a later statement, it hedged, saying that he has “never been a practising Muslim.” And his stepsister, Maya Soetoro, felt compelled to say: “My father never went to prayer services except for big communal events. I am absolutely certain that he did not go to services every Friday.”
How observant Obama himself was, or if he was a Muslim at all, is murky. With the school records missing, eaten by bugs, one has to rely on people’s shifting memories.
Tine Hahiyari, a retired teacher – who told Los Angeles Times correspondent Paul Watson that Obama was registered as a Muslim – tells my interpreter that she can no longer recall what he was.
Ahmad Solichin, a teacher, tells me that another retired teacher told him that Obama was enrolled as a Christian.
Headmaster Kuwadiyanto (he has only one name) and vice-principal Hardi Priyono are amused by the controversy and the parade of Americans to the school – three members of the U.S. embassy here and nine visiting reporters, so far.
The school is not a madrassa. But the majority of its 475 students being Muslim, the biggest religion class is in the mosque. The day of my visit being a Friday, the girls are wearing the hijab and the boys the kufi skull cap, and both attend the noon prayers.
The 70 Christian kids go down the corridor to a chapel, and the lone Hindu boy is taken to a temple.
Rather than obfuscating his past, this is what Obama should be saying: “I am a proud Christian, as is my wife, Michelle Robinson. Both my father and stepfather were Muslims, and I myself had a brush with Islam in the Far East. That’s no crime. In fact, it’ll be a huge asset for the next president, who’ll have to clean up the mess left behind by George W. Bush.”
Haroon Siddiqui, the Star’s editorial page editor emeritus, appears Thursday in World and Sunday in the A-section. Contact him at hsiddiq@ thestar.ca
© 2007 The Toronto Star