PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like to hit the twisties??

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Just wondering if anyone else here rides sport bikes?? A couple bros and I ride Idyllwild, Palomar, Malibu, Ojai, ect.. on weekends when we aren't in the desert, or at the river. Didn't know if anyone else enjoyes ripping the corners as well???

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone else here rides sport bikes?? A couple bros and I ride Idyllwild, Palomar, Malibu, Ojai, ect.. on weekends when we aren't in the desert, or at the river. Didn't know if anyone else enjoyes ripping the corners as well???
PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME
Brian

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Brian-
What do you get into trouble on??? I have an 05 CBR1000RR.
Chris

Jbb
02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Brown likes to hit the twisties on occasion.....usually because he is too lazy to change out the nasty bong water.... :p

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Brown likes to hit the twisties on occasion.....usually because he is too lazy to change out the nasty bong water.... :p
What a lazy azzz!! :D :D

maxwedge
02-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Yep twisties are nice. Used to love getting up early in the morning and riding Caynon roads before work when I lived out west. Makes the day go so much better. Unfortunately I'm here in IL now and we seem to be shit out of twisties around here. :cry: Also, my bike is hibernating from the 17 temp in the garage. But I do hope to ride the famous "Tail of the Dragon"- Deals Gap TN this summer. Never been there but it supposed to be some of the best riding around. :cool:

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Brian-
Chris
I have a '95(eek) CBR900RR, fast enough for me.
MVG here on the boards keeps tempting me to break it out again.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Brian-
Chris
'05 ey?
Is that your first bike?
Be careful bud.
Brian

Racer277
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Chris!
How are ya? The CBR is a nice step up from the big VTwin!! :cool:
We'll miss you in Havi, but next month I'll be at Grange with this, I'll let you know when...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2154ButtonWillow_CRF-SM.JPG

Mrs.Racer277
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey Chris!
We'll miss you in Havi, but next month I'll be at Grange with this, I'll let you know when...
Really hoping you would not see this thread. LOL :p
Now get on the road I miss you. :)

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
'05 ey?
Is that your first bike?
Be careful bud.
Brian
No, my last bike was a 98 Suzuki TL1000R that I put over 53,000 on before being side-swiped on the 91 freeway by a nice lady that has HER M1 and rides with her husband......didn't think to signal or look in her mirrors before hitting me and knocking me accross 4 lanes of traffic. Went on a 2 year hiaitus before getting the CBR last July......The deal with my wife is that I only use it for fun on the weekends-no more using it for work and commuting!! I can live with that!!!(no pun intended)
Chris

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey Chris!
Sean,
Doing good!! I have been trying REAL hard to not order a wheelset for my CRF450.......That would be too much fun!!! If I had made mine street legal when I had the chance, then I would have already!!!!!! One of my buds that also has a CBR1000RR just picked up a KTM motard!! He says he is having more fun on that thing than he knows what to do with!!!
Chris
p.s. HI DIA!!! :D :D

maxwedge
02-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a '95(eek) CBR900RR, fast enough for me.
MVG here on the boards keeps tempting me to break it out again.
Brian
I used to have a 95 900RR? Is yours the yellow purple and white paint scheeme? That was a great bike. I'm riding a R1 now, way more power than I really need, but I don't ever run it lke I did the RR back in 95 either. I'm growing a self preservation lobe in my brain as I get older or something. LOL

casean
02-17-2006, 11:21 AM
So speaking of riding, are you and Amy up for a trip to Glamis next weekend? Will be heading out Friday after work. Looks like there is only one other couple joining us, which will make so a small riding group :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
02-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Sean,
Doing good!! I have been trying REAL hard to not order a wheelset for my CRF450.......That would be too much fun!!! If I had made mine street legal when I had the chance, then I would have already!!!!!! One of my buds that also has a CBR1000RR just picked up a KTM motard!! He says he is having more fun on that thing than he knows what to do with!!!
Chris
p.s. HI DIA!!! :D :D
Hi Chris and Amy.
Now I am going to hear how he wants a bike again. Thanks. LOL Hopefully he is to busy with his racing schedules. :) Miss you guys. Let us know when you can come out. And drag Linds and Sean with you. :p
Dia

HOOTER SLED-
02-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Funny, I always thought hittin' the twisties was tuning in Tokyo(aka purple nurple), while tittie phucking your woman. :devil: :D
I'd imagine both could be climactic while cruising through the mountains. :crossx:

Ziggy
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I retired......... :p
What's with the new offroad bikes with street tires these days? The Aprilia/Ducatti dealer next to me has some wicked Italian bikes set up like that.

Froggystyle
02-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I have been known to hit some twisties with this...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11363&stc=1
Down here in SD though... lots of stuff out through Julian, Palomar, Tecate and Skyline truck trail and such...

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Down here in SD though... lots of stuff out through Julian, Palomar, Tecate and Skyline truck trail and such...
Nice,
Jerk. haha
Dry clutch.
One day I'll swing my leg over a 9 series.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 12:18 PM
No, my last bike was a 98 Suzuki TL1000R that I put over 53,000 on before being side-swiped on the 91 freeway by a nice lady that has HER M1 and rides with her husband......didn't think to signal or look in her mirrors before hitting me and knocking me accross 4 lanes of traffic. Went on a 2 year hiaitus before getting the CBR last July......The deal with my wife is that I only use it for fun on the weekends-no more using it for work and commuting!! I can live with that!!!(no pun intended)
Chris
So did you hit the ground? Luckily all of my getoff's were my own fault. I am a pretty defensive rider/driver.
Cool deal. I am always concerned when peeps buy a liter bike their first time out.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 12:23 PM
I used to have a 95 900RR? Is yours the yellow purple and white paint scheeme? That was a great bike. I'm riding a R1 now, way more power than I really need, but I don't ever run it lke I did the RR back in 95 either. I'm growing a self preservation lobe in my brain as I get older or something. LOL
right on.
Yep purple/white tank, white/black tail section. Bitchen looking bike, bitchen riding bike. I bought it in '98/'99 after heartbreak with a girl. Figured I would trade up from my 600 and finish myself off. haha. The things we do.
I put 35,000 miles on it in three years, 75% of that was leaned over. I ran the shit out of that bike.
I have to put a battery in it EVERY year since I owned it though.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Brian

Froggystyle
02-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Nice,
Jerk. haha
Dry clutch.
One day I'll swing my leg over a 9 series.
Brian
That one is a 996. The actual model is the "MS4R". The "M" designating it a Monster. It is a 996 Superbike without fairings essentially.

77charger
02-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I like the windy roads too been doing along time just not as much these days.have 01 gsxr 750.
Palamar is one of my favs.ridden ach,ortega,idylwyld,gmr.

JustMVG
02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
'05 ey?
Is that your first bike?
Be careful bud.
Brian
Hey Brian when will that be??!!!
You know dusting off the cobwebs of your mind and off of the bike :p :p

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
So did you hit the ground? Luckily all of my getoff's were my own fault. I am a pretty defensive rider/driver.
Cool deal. I am always concerned when peeps buy a liter bike their first time out.
Brian
Yea, she lane changed from the fast lane into me....I remember flipping, bouncing, and then sliding until I came to rest in the slow lane. :220v: I was going 60, traffic was going 55.

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Wes,
We hope that the weather holds, as we plan to head up and over Idyllwild tomorrow morning, and into Anza-Then make a loop through Borrego Springs and up Banner Grade into Julian. Probably hit Palomar for good measure......IF the weather cooperates!!

Froggystyle
02-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Wes,
We hope that the weather holds, as we plan to head up and over Idyllwild tomorrow morning, and into Anza-Then make a loop through Borrego Springs and up Banner Grade into Julian. Probably hit Palomar for good measure......IF the weather cooperates!!
I will be showing two clients boats #2 and 3 and taking them for test drives in #1...
Thanks though... I have been covered up lately.

SoCalHD
02-17-2006, 01:28 PM
It will happen......It will be nice when it warms up a bit and ya don't have to worry about ICE around that next corner!!LOL

STV_Keith
02-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Got rid of my F2 back in 97, but still go ride with Dad at least once or twice a year. He's usually got at least two hanging around.
His CBR1100xx Blackbird is the most fun to ride IMO. Of course, with 260hp/160ft-lbs on tap, what isn't? Gotta love a turbo. :rollside:

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Wes,
MVG and I will have to put that on the list.
Brian

SnakeWrench
02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Hell yeah, I ride every chance I get. Have 86k on my old RF600r that still gets to turn a few laps on Willow. I've ridden for ,, well, going on 20 years. I ride rain or shine. In fact, did a couple iron butt rides to Havasu last year. I'll be riding next week hopefully. As long as the weather holds out. I'll PM my # to you if you want. It's an old bike, but it still does the job.

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Hell yeah, I ride every chance I get. Have 86k on my old RF600r that still gets to turn a few laps on Willow. I've ridden for ,, well, going on 20 years. I ride rain or shine. In fact, did a couple iron butt rides to Havasu last year. I'll be riding next week hopefully. As long as the weather holds out. I'll PM my # to you if you want. It's an old bike, but it still does the job.
Please change your avatar. I have a hard time concentrating on what you type.
thanks

SnakeWrench
02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Sorry Bro, She's what I live for, and kinda fun to look at too. lol

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Right on.
I was just messing around anyway.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm thinking you got something better to do than post on ***boat..
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Brian