PDA

View Full Version : Gas Problem

Overtime
07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey any of you guys know what might be the problem? Was at Havasu this weekend filled both tanks was heading up past the sand bar running off the left tank when the motor shut down due to no gas. Switched the tank to the right side and boat worked fine. Any ideas? Still plenty of fuel in the left tank.:idea:

Jbb
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Hmmmmm.. Gotta be one of these three .....
1-Fratostat....
2-Superturboejaculator...
3-Pubic snortum.....

BrendellaJet
07-16-2007, 09:47 AM
line could be clogged.

riverracerx
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I have one of those too:
http://www.jeffssite.net/images/fire%20fart.gif

fat rat
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Check your fuel filter.

Mandelon
07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Sucked up something in the pickup
Filter
Plugged vent
Fuel pump? Is there one in each tank or one for both?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
not to mention.. where did you fill up..
could be water in the tank or filter..

bullseye
07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Electric fuel silinoid ,(if it is electric ) has gone bad on the one side

HavaSkank
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
beans, broccoli and kegged beer do it for me

Overtime
07-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Filled up at Hava Gas, not sure if there are two fuel filters or just one will have to check that out..

Deano
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I've been hearing rumors of bad gas in Havasu lately. It doesn't sound like that's your problem, but it sure as shit is mine:mad:

lalhc
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
After my gas problems last summer in my boat and vehicle, I only use Chevron gas while in Havasu.

Deano
07-16-2007, 12:57 PM
After my gas problems last summer in my boat and vehicle, I only use Chevron gas while in Havasu.
This was my first (other than 100) and last time using superfuel

lalhc
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Last summer we stayed in Havi for 2 months and after a couple of weeks my boat was sputtering randomly and my Expedition was not registering gas in the fuel gauge. A mechanic at Bradley Ford told us to fill our tanks and add the Chevron Techron additive and problem was solved. Since then I only use Chevron.

BrendellaJet
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
About 10 years ago I was on Mohave with my Step dads boat. Filled up with gas at the dock in Katherines on Mohave. Shortly thereafter the boat would start, but would run out of gas(one tank, outboard boat). I fund someone would have to keep pumping the primer bulb to keep the motor from starving for fuel and stalling...
Turned out that at my last fillup(katherines landing) I was given about a buckets worth of pebbles and small rocks. They covered the fuel line pickup and that was why the boat wouldn't run on its own. Not to mention I dropped my friggen keys in the water and had to wait 3 hours for the locksmith to come out and give me new truck keyes, & remake a new boat key.

v-drive
07-16-2007, 03:56 PM
About 10 years ago I was on Mohave with my Step dads boat. Filled up with gas at the dock in Katherines on Mohave. Shortly thereafter the boat would start, but would run out of gas(one tank, outboard boat). I fund someone would have to keep pumping the primer bulb to keep the motor from starving for fuel and stalling...
Turned out that at my last fillup(katherines landing) I was given about a buckets worth of pebbles and small rocks. They covered the fuel line pickup and that was why the boat wouldn't run on its own. Not to mention I dropped my friggen keys in the water and had to wait 3 hours for the locksmith to come out and give me new truck keyes, & remake a new boat key.
and did you learn anything from this young grasshopper?...v-drive(aka)pop

vmjtc3
07-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Check the anti syphon valve.