PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Trip 2.....8/18-8/26

grads2112
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
A few of us have rented a house in the Keys up in Tahoe for the week of August 18th-26th and I just wanted to see if anyone else will be up there at this time or if anyone is interested in going. We are talking about trying to get the same helicopter we had earlier this month for a photo shoot but also maybe puting someone with a good video camera up in it. I'm sure everyone has seen the pics from the last trip and saw how incredible it is up there so don't miss out this time. I've had a few people approach me and say that they want to go but they don't feel there boat is big enough...don't worry about it. As long as you watch the weather/wind conditions you'll be fine. This should be another great time. See ya up there.

John.
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
we're in for Sunday the 19th through Wednesday the 22nd. Ericka's going to take a few days off work. Didn't know about the possible copter shoot. Definitely in for that!

Poker Runs West
07-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I will be up there until about the 22 when I leave for Vegas. Glad to be a part of the KINGS production. Who do I talk to about making sure my boat is leading all the rest in the video and pictures?
Chris:) :) :)

justfloatn
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I will be up there until about the 22 when I leave for Vegas. Glad to be a part of the KINGS production. Who do I talk to about making sure my boat is leading all the rest in the video and pictures?
Ohhh, now the cats out of the bag.
Is that how the KING is allways in the front on your Poker Runs:D :D

grads2112
07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Who do I talk to about making sure my boat is leading all the rest in the video and pictures?
A good motor builder:D

grads2112
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
After talking to a few people it looks like I will try and book the helicopter for 11 a.m. Sunday August 19th. If you guys think another day or time might be better let me know asap. Did I mention I'm springing for the helicopter, all you have to do is show up with your junk.

Poker Runs West
07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Sunday would be the best. I will know after this weekend if the pro video guys will be able to shoot for us.
If you want to see a some different boating action take in the Sac pot luck Friday night on the American river before heading to Tahoe. Always a cultural experience...............................

acatitude
07-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Did I mention I'm springing for the helicopter, all you have to do is show up with your junk.
SO your paying for a pic of everyones JUNK if they show up with it???? what are you going to do put A pic of everyones JUNK in your dining room???? lol you homo....well at least youve come out of the closet with your homo sexuality.. and no you can't take a pic of my junk,,, how rude:rolleyes:

John.
07-19-2007, 06:55 PM
After talking to a few people it looks like I will try and book the helicopter for 11 a.m. Sunday August 19th. If you guys think another day or time might be better let me know asap. Did I mention I'm springing for the helicopter, all you have to do is show up with your junk.
wow Greg, that is generous of you. Ericka and I will make a donation to the cause. Ericka will check tomorrow if her co-worker might be available to video. He used to be a new 10 cameraman and has a smokin' video camera.

Napanutt
07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Damn...If we didn't already have a houseboat reserved for Shasta the 23rd thru the 27th,we'd definitely take you up on the offer...

Fastlane
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Just got back from Tahoe yesterday, Hope you guys have better weather than I did. We had high winds for the last three days of the trip.

DCBob
07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Greg have ya got a referal for a good place @ the Keys for that time frame. I'm interested if I can get a house hook-up @ a decent rate. Thanks ;) :)

grads2112
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Greg have ya got a referal for a good place @ the Keys for that time frame. I'm interested if I can get a house hook-up @ a decent rate. Thanks ;) :)
There are a few different places to rent through:
I've found some really great deals through these guys http://www.tahoeaccommodations.com/index.htm
There's also this company http://www.tahoevacationguide.com/TKR/tahoekeysresort.html
And last but not least there's this company http://www.tahoestonehenge.com/
contact Lost Wages on the boards here because he owns the Wild Goose house that these people rent. Maybe he'll give some kind of kool-aid DCB discount since he owns one. :idea: maybe I should rent it and pepper it with Eliminator stickers...lol

Lost Wages
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
And last but not least there's this company http://www.tahoestonehenge.com/
contact Lost Wages on the boards here because he owns the Wild Goose house that these people rent. Maybe he'll give some kind of kool-aid DCB discount since he owns one. :idea: maybe I should rent it and pepper it with Eliminator stickers...lol[/QUOTE]
This late in the game, your best source for a home in the keys would be tahoevacationguide.com. They are located in the keys and have over a 100 homes they work with. kool-aid discounts are definately available!!!!
Will be in Tahoe 7/27 thru 8/1 if anyone wants to drink some rum runners or Chambers punches.
King of Tahoe

grads2112
07-21-2007, 11:33 PM
King of Tahoe
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4742/laughing1xk6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Rand
07-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Will be in Tahoe 7/27 thru 8/1 if anyone wants to drink some rum runners or Chambers punches.
King of Tahoe[/QUOTE]
Will be in Tahoe staying in the Keys from 7/27-8/2. Probably doing rum runners every afternoon. Look for a 30" Advantage V, white maroon, black and a 39' MTI, orange and green..fast...
We'll buy the first round.
Randy

Poker Runs West
07-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Greg, I invited everyone in the delta that I saw during my event there. I'm figuring we will have about 50-70 boats..................

SSTahoe
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I might have my shop queen up and running by this friday so maybe I will meet you guys up there......

MRS.TA
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
We will be there.17th-20th School starts that Tuesday:)

grads2112
07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Okay, the helicopter and Jason the photographer are booked for Sunday, August 19th at 11:00 a.m. I am still looking for someone to videotape the boats so if anybody knows anyone that has a decent video camera and would like to go for a free helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe please let me know. Also, if I could get a list of people that are going or PM me and let me know that you are going to show up that would be great.
Oh and one last thing... this IS NOT an event! It's just a bunch of peeps getting some cool pics and video of their boats on a beautiful lake.:D

John.
07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Ericka's co-worker said that he can do the video shoot for $500 for 8 hours (including drive time from Sacto). so basically that gives us about 4 or 5 hours of Tahoe video. He is a former New 10 camera man. He said that he can do video from the helicopter, do shoots from the boats, he can attach his camera to a boat to get video back at the driver and can do interviews and so on all for the $500 of unedited video. for another $500, he can edit the video and put it to music.
Are folks interested in helping with the cost to do the video? This is still just a group of friends getting together...so if we have someone who wants to shoot video for a free helicopter ride, that's probably still a better deal.

justfloatn
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Ericka's co-worker said that he can do the video shoot for $500 for 8 hours (including drive time from Sacto). so basically that gives us about 4 or 5 hours of Tahoe video. He is a former New 10 camera man. He said that he can do video from the helicopter, do shoots from the boats, he can attach his camera to a boat to get video back at the driver and can do interviews and so on all for the $500 of unedited video. for another $500, he can edit the video and put it to music.
Are folks interested in helping with the cost to do the video? This is still just a group of friends getting together...so if we have someone who wants to shoot video for a free helicopter ride, that's probably still a better deal.
You're kidding right, you want someone to ride on a helecopter and film boats. You get the camera and I'll drive up and film it.

John.
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Alright, Ericka says that we'll pay for the camera man. we'll check his sample video tonight and if its okay, we'll hire the guy to shoot the video in Tahoe.

Poker Runs West
07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Okay, the helicopter and Jason the photographer are booked for Sunday, August 19th at 11:00 a.m. I am still looking for someone to videotape the boats so if anybody knows anyone that has a decent video camera and would like to go for a free helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe please let me know. Also, if I could get a list of people that are going or PM me and let me know that you are going to show up that would be great.
Oh and one last thing... this IS NOT an event! It's just a bunch of peeps getting some cool pics and video of their boats on a beautiful lake.:D
WHAT'S A PEEP? Sounds like an event to me. Do you have all the necessary permits for the hot tub coitusstimulitusorgasmatron device, errection of the stripper pole and nitros oxid inflation of Judy?
Looking forward to another adventure on Power Tour 2007.

grads2112
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Looking forward to another adventure on Power Tour 2007.
:
You mean His Royal Heiness Tour 2007:D :D

Poker Runs West
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
You mean His Royal Heiness Tour 2007:D :D
As always your loyal subjects will follow you anywhere oh great king on high.
May your staff always be firm, your chalice always full and your subjects always willing.
See ya on the water. Time to fire up the vette and go to Crush for some "entertainment" tonight.

John.
08-05-2007, 09:03 PM
okay, just watched the sample video that Grant made for us and its awesome. I can't wait to get him up in a helicopter to shoot some footage of our boats. looking forward to the Tahoe trip. Never been up there in our own boat, so we're really excited.

highvoltagehands
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
A few of us have rented a house in the Keys up in Tahoe for the week of August 18th-26th and I just wanted to see if anyone else will be up there at this time or if anyone is interested in going. We are talking about trying to get the same helicopter we had earlier this month for a photo shoot but also maybe puting someone with a good video camera up in it. I'm sure everyone has seen the pics from the last trip and saw how incredible it is up there so don't miss out this time. I've had a few people approach me and say that they want to go but they don't feel there boat is big enough...don't worry about it. As long as you watch the weather/wind conditions you'll be fine. This should be another great time. See ya up there.
Hey Greg, Bill and I will be bringing the Laveys up the 17th thru 20 and maybe the following weekend, then be up again for Labor day. Also let's see about hooking up this weekend Sat the 11th down at the river. Let me know.
HUD

grads2112
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay so only 5 days left and everything is booked and ready to go including the video guy. We'd like to get an idea of how many people want to do this so I'm going to start a list of the people that have confirmed with me so if you want to go add your name or PM me. We are expecting somewhere between 10-15 boats but if there are more no big deal and best of all its free!
John. ........................27' custom boat
Jared..........................25' Daytona
Grads.........................28' Daytona
TA.............................A BIG surprise?????
Poker Runs West...........38' Eliminator Eagle
Toby...........................35' Formula
Doug (On Time?)...........35' Jaguar
HighVoltageHands .........27' Laveycraft
Bill..............................27' Laveycraft
Keep'n Her Wet.............35' Fountain

John.
08-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I am beyond excited about this trip. never been up on Tahoe on my own boat, so I'm hoping for another great day. also really looking forward to the video shoot and the potentia special guests on Wednesday. Maybe we can take them for a ride on the WCF.

grads2112
08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
2 more days!!!!!

highvoltagehands
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Headed up to Tahoe this afternoon. Our condo is located in the Keys at 439 Ala Wai Blvd #94 with the dock facing the Fresh Ketch & fuel pump.
Swing in for a Coldie and who knows what? : )~
HUD

grads2112
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
It's looking like it is going to be a great day! We are fortunate enough to have an Emmy award winning video guy shooting the boats. We will be meeting out in front of the Tahoe Keys around 10:30 on Sunday to wait for the helicopter and then running for the better part of an hour. The video guy will then shoot the boats from the water for the next couple of hours. When it's all said and done he will go back to the studio and put the video to music and make a DVD for everyone.
Click on this link and check out the pics from the last Tahoe trip.
http://www.pokerrunswest.com/galleries/tahoe07/index.htm

eliminator1000
08-18-2007, 11:13 AM
How's the weather? Where are you staying? What are you doing tonight?
Trying to put it together saturday morning

eliminator1000
08-18-2007, 11:57 AM
See you there
Rob

grads2112
08-18-2007, 06:08 PM
We're in the Keys at 2085 Slalom Ct. Video guy will be at the house at 9:00 and the helicopter will be at the entrance of the Keys at 11:00.... glad you can make it.

John.
08-18-2007, 07:23 PM
We're in the Keys at 2085 Slalom Ct. Video guy will be at the house at 9:00 and the helicopter will be at the entrance of the Keys at 11:00.... glad you can make it.
we're going to leave our house in Folsom around 7am. we'll hopefully be there around 8:30am or so.