PDA

View Full Version : kona fuel tanks

hostlier
07-17-2007, 12:28 AM
THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I HAVE CHUNKS OF RUBBER INSIDE MY TANKS DONT KNOW HOW THEY GOT IN THERE I WAS THINKING OF REPLACING THE TANKS BUT THEY ARE FIBERGLASSED IN I USED A SHOP VAC TO GET THE RUBBER OUT THINKIING OF GETTING A PLUMMERS CAMERA TO SEE IF ANY IS LEFT IN THERE JUST NEED TO KNOW IF ANY BODY HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM OR HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATFULL THANKS GUYS:confused:

roostwear
07-17-2007, 07:03 AM
First off, a shop vac is a DEADLY idea. What's inside the tanks? Gas fumes, right? What's inside a shop vac? An electric motor that sparks, right? Putting the two together bestows people with the Darwin Award.

67weimann
07-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Ditto on what Roostwear said. How much and what size is the rubber in the tanks? Are the tanks themselves 'glass? If they are, my suggestion is to cut them out b/c they will leak eventually, and get some AL or SS ones...
If the tanks aren't glass themselves only glassed in, IMHO, i would just cut them out and then glass in some bulkheads to bolt them too. That way, you can remove them for whatever reason...Just my 2 cents