PDA

View Full Version : 10 Best Places To Live And Boat!

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Check out the new issue of Boating Life Magazine.
They have an article about the best places to live and boat.
Havasu is NOT on it!:eek: LOTO either!:idea:
They didnt list these as 1 to 10 just listed all 10 in no particular order, and didnt rate them either. Just listed the benifits of each particular place and gave them a scorcard of 1 through 5 on the following criteria.. Water front availability, ease for boaters, Strong boat related business and number of good boating days.
The list is as follows,
Seattle Washington
Benton County Arkansas
Tampa Bay Fl.
Knoxville Tn.
Fort Lauderdale Fl.
Otter Tail County Minnesota
Finger Lakes New York
Austin Texas
San Diego Ca.:idea:
Oconee County South Carolina.
The lakes pictured in Ark, Texas and South Carolina look like heaven!
What would be the ***boat 10 best list?

beaverretriever
07-17-2007, 07:22 AM
That list is messed up in my eyes but they base those stats on a bunch of different things. Jobs that are avail, housing cost, shopping avail, climate, and all kinds of other stuff. (not a big fan of Seattles climate).
I have a lot of fam in Seattle and you couldn't pay me enough to live there. I honestly don't see it beeing a bitchen boating city.
I would think a place like Henderson would be on there (lots of jobs, still pretty cheap housing). Money Mag rated it one of the top ten small cities to live in and its 15min from Lake mead and and hour and a 45 min from Havi. I am sure there are plenty of other citys that fit that bill as well. I am partial because I live in Henderson but you see what I am saying.
Honestly, you got me. I don't agree with most of those and I have been to over half of them. :confused:

EAZYKILLER2006
07-17-2007, 07:26 AM
:jawdrop:
no havasu:confused:
not even lake powell:)

CAHotRodBoy
07-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Mead and Havasu probably take a hit because of the great number of performance boats. The family boat / pontoon boat / fishing boat / ski boat crowd greatly outnumber us and most of them don't like performance boats (jealeous! :D ). If Hot Boat, Powerboat, Extreme Boat did a top ten I'm sure the results would be different!

soupersonic
07-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Ottertail County MN is a hotspot for vacationers.There are over 1000 lakes in that county. Even tho i know a little about the area i dont see it as a great spot to live. The services are sparse, the days boating are 85 degrees and 90% humidity. The fishing is good tho.

DMOORE
07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Interesting list. Living in San Diego, I can tell you it should not be on that list. The ENTIRE state of Florida should make the list before San Diego. There are only a few restaurants to go to on a boat. Other than Mission bay, there is only one or two other places to beach and hang out. As for Henderson, it's fine and all (my pops lives there, right on the corner of Pacific), but I think they were listing cities on the water.
Darrell.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Glad to see the Flathead Valley in Montana is not on there.

HocusPocus
07-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Just listed the benifits of each particular place and gave them a scorcard of 1 through 5 on the following criteria.. Water front availability, ease for boaters, Strong boat related business and number of good boating days.
i think the reason our favorite places to play on the west coast didn't get listed is due to the "water front availability".

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Those two, and Mead also, take a hit based on the criteria recorded for lack of waterfront properties. Personally, I like the idea of having my own personal launch ramp, or at least dock. It would be pretty cool to go out your backyard and get in the river/lake.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I would have to say my favorites are
naci
success
bass lake
are in my top lakes because there are not many people and you can actually ski or tube without worrying about gettin hit or ran over.:D

Captain Dan
07-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Interesting list. Living in San Diego, I can tell you it should not be on that list. The ENTIRE state of Florida should make the list before San Diego. There are only a few restaurants to go to on a boat. Other than Mission bay, there is only one or two other places to beach and hang out. As for Henderson, it's fine and all (my pops lives there, right on the corner of Pacific), but I think they were listing cities on the water.
Darrell.
And Mission Bay is one of the most polluted bodies of water in the US, (at least a few years back it had that distinction). I grew up in San Diego - people in the know do not swim in Mission Bay.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I agree.....having San Diego on there befor about 1000 other places is retarded.
And as far as Havasu not making the list..... crowded, waiting on launch ramps, choppy water, people dying(getting hurt, OUI) all the time, did I mention crowded? Just not sure that is very attractive to most people. I have some really good memories from Havasu tho ;) :D

socalmoney
07-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Lake Powell might be a great place to boat, but to live? What kind of high paying jobs are around Powell? If you know of any I would love to hear about them.

beaverretriever
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Darrell.
Funny you say that. I bet I could get on the water from my house before 99%of the people living in SD...:D

In2Deep
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm new to the area, but having now spent the past 3 months weekend living lakeside on the "quiet" side of LOTO...I'm surprised it doesn't rank. Nice out here.
I2D