PDA

View Full Version : kicking Back in Iraq

piper
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Just thought I would post some pictures of the compound I'm living at here in Iraq. It was raining for a couple of days before I took them. There is mud everywhere. Anyways, here are a few pictures, one is of our makeshift air traffic control tower, one is of the tent I live in. You can see the sand bags and bunker baskets all around us. They protect us from mortar rounds and gun fire. There is a picture of where we park our blackhawks and one of a Apache leaving on patrol.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3253KalsuTower.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3253H_64hooch.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3253Blackhawkparking.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3253Slidingrightpasttower.JPG

LAFD
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
they need to hook you guys up with some rails man all that mud to play in.

totenhosen
02-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the great pics and thanks for the job you do everyday!

Jyruiz
02-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your protection.

Phat Matt
02-17-2006, 01:31 PM
That tower looks pretty high tech. :jawdrop:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanx for everything you do for us !!!!!!!!
My son loves the pix....................wanted to know if we can print it out for a poster in his room................ :p

BADAXE
02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks to you and please pass along our thanks everyone over there. Freedom does not come cheap. Goodspeed.

pjones
02-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the pics Piper. Gives us folks here a little idea
of what things are like for guys. Thanks for a job well done and be safe.

piper
02-17-2006, 01:54 PM
That tower looks pretty high tech. :jawdrop:
Oh yeah, it's the latest in Airport technology. It's made by the TreeHouse Corporation. HA! HA! HA! :)

99 232 baja
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the pictures, informs us all. Thank you ALL for what you guys do everyday for US.GOD BLESS!!!

Mohave Vice
02-17-2006, 03:37 PM
F'n GREAT pics! You bud are GREATLY appreciated. The best to you and all that are serving for our freedom. Thanks again!!

Artv
02-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the pics Piper

chub
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Piper, God bless lad. You're gonna need it. Cause when you get state side the HB family is no doubtedly gonna swill your arse with party favors! :crossx:

LUVNLIFE
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Good pics. I noticed that you temp air traffic control tower is made by the same people my tool container is at work :p :rollside: Take care over there. :cool:

boatsnblondes
02-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey bro, for all you and the guys are doing...thanks.....your the best of us.....find when you get home so I can buy you a beer....your money's no good here..... :)

wsuwrhr
02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
You guys take care out there.
Brian

HighRoller
02-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Anyone notice the rope hanging from the side of the tower? Is that for "Rapid Egress"???

piper
02-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Anyone notice the rope hanging from the side of the tower? Is that for "Rapid Egress"???
Whoa, I just noticed that. I'm going to have to check that out. :)

Red Horse
02-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Piper those bunker baskets are called Hesco barriers. Greatest thing in the world. this comes from the guy that puts them up!!! The biggest ones come in a seavan and you pull them out with a forklift, fill em and forget em!!
Around the helos are jersey barriers.

piper
02-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Piper those bunker baskets are called Hesco barriers. Greatest thing in the world. this comes from the guy that puts them up!!! The biggest ones come in a seavan and you pull them out with a forklift, fill em and forget em!!
Around the helos are jersey barriers.
That right, they do a great job. Trust me I've seen them take a blast. Are you still in Japan or are you out here intalling more stuff on the compounds?

Red Horse
02-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I am in Japan. First time since 98 that I have not gone to the desert!! I have over a 1000 days over there in that part of the world. I am a Structures troops. A Red Horse guy. Actually that was my last assingment. I am trying to get back. This base level stuff doesnt do it for me. Almost got to go to Afghanistan last year. They told me Christmas eve, and I was leaving in 5 days, but my slot got downgraded. Oh well. There is always next year. I am technically in the bucket till April, but I wont get deployed. They hardly touched us this year. We have an ORI in March and I guess they want us here!! Are you Active Duty or civilian contractor?? :cool:

piper
02-19-2006, 02:47 AM
I am in Japan. First time since 98 that I have not gone to the desert!! I have over a 1000 days over there in that part of the world. I am a Structures troops. A Red Horse guy. Actually that was my last assingment. I am trying to get back. This base level stuff doesnt do it for me. Almost got to go to Afghanistan last year. They told me Christmas eve, and I was leaving in 5 days, but my slot got downgraded. Oh well. There is always next year. I am technically in the bucket till April, but I wont get deployed. They hardly touched us this year. We have an ORI in March and I guess they want us here!! Are you Active Duty or civilian contractor?? :cool:
I'm a civilian contractor. It's pretty good. I don't have to deal with the brass barking orders at me. I just get the missions passed down to me from my supervisor and get it done as soon as possible. It's starting to take it's toll on me though.

piper
02-19-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm a civilian contractor. It's pretty good. I don't have to deal with the brass barking orders at me. I just get the missions passed down to me from my supervisor and get it done as soon as possible. It's starting to take it's toll on me though.

Red Horse
02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Got a friend that is civilian contractor with the predator. He just went over there. I am can retire in 3 years. I dont know if I would want to go back. Prolly if the money was right.

stvneil
02-19-2006, 06:46 PM
you and your friends are what makes america great. :cool: :smile: :) :D
THANKS