PDA

View Full Version : Fire Inspection Fees! San Diego County

sdpm
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I just had my annual fire inspection. As of this year a fee will be charged for this inspection and it will be based on sq footage of building(s). This was "adopted by the Board of Directors of San Miguel Consolidated Fire Protection District". I was told that they had no money and this was one of the ways to produce some. I was just told by the inspector " Just pass it on to your customers"!! She (inspector) was here for a total of 9 minutes and it will cost me $394.00.
This is just one more reason nobody wants to have a business in wonderful California any more. My local representive was unavailible for comment but the assistant will pass on the message to her!

HALLETT BOY
07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I just had my annual fire inspection. As of this year a fee will be charged for this inspection and it will be based on sq footage of building(s). This was "adopted by the Board of Directors of San Miguel Consolidated Fire Protection District". I was told that they had no money and this was one of the ways to produce some. I was just told by the inspector " Just pass it on to your customers"!! She (inspector) was here for a total of 9 minutes and it will cost me $394.00.
This is just one more reason nobody wants to have a business in wonderful California any more. My local representive was unavailible for comment but the assistant will pass on the message to her!
I own an auto repair shop, the hazardous waste fee is over $600.00 !! just for the privilage of changing peoples oil ! I was told the Ventura Co. board of supervisors approved it , tough luck ! Do I want to move ? you bet I do !

Baja Big Dog
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Wait until you guys get the Lead Fee from the state!!!!:mad:

sdpm
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I own an auto repair shop, the hazardous waste fee is over $600.00 !! just for the privilage of changing peoples oil ! I was told the Ventura Co. board of supervisors approved it , tough luck ! Do I want to move ? you bet I do !
I hear ya. It is out of control. My County Health Permit for this year was $1105.00. This is for 1 drum of waste oil, 1 solvent tank, 1 80 cf oxy bottle, and a bead blaster. How much can you keep passing on until they stop comming?:confused:

sdpm
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Wait until you guys get the Lead Fee from the state!!!!:mad:
What the H$LL is that?

Sleeper CP
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
sdpm, haven't you heard: this is a business friendly county, just ask them .
Sleeper CP

sdpm
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Jon, I can't wait to get your boat in here so I "CAN PASS IT ON TO MY CUSTOMERS" !:D
You had better get on the phone and make a few waves!

Baja Big Dog
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
What the H$LL is that?
It is a program that has you pay a fee for lead usage, try to get out of it as exempt, you better wash your balls, cause they are gonna want to check them out, and the dept that handles this program are staffed with DMV drop outs!!!!! Learn Ebonics....:mad: