PDA

View Full Version : I Phone Comments?

Roaddogg 4040
07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
My wife is interested in getting an "I Phone", so I am wondering how people that bought them like how they work... I have heard that it takes forever to change pages on a web site. What 'cha think????
Steve

EAZYKILLER2006
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
My wife is interested in getting an "I Phone", so I am wondering how people that bought them like how they work... I have heard that it takes forever to change pages on a web site. What 'cha think????
Steve
well i have one :D
there is an "air port extreme base station" that can be purchased if it isnt as fast, as some would like
for me, it is fast enough
cus i am slow
lol

Roaddogg 4040
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess if you have to be slow to use it, I will fit right in...:D
Steve

djunkie
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
there is an "air port extreme base station" that can be purchased if it isnt as fast, as some would like
cus i am slow
lol
So let me get this straight, after spending $600 for the piece of shit, you have to spend more to make it work right? Boy Apple sure has sucked some of you in. :D :D :D

ColeTR2
07-18-2007, 12:24 PM
The Iphone has high speed wireless build-in, so your not getting sucked into anything. There just needs to be a wireless network set-up, like any other computer would need for high speed internet. And it will run as fast as the network you are on.

Boozer
07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
When working on the Edge network the iPhone should naviagte through web pages at a decent speed. Obviously you aren't going to get DSL or cable modem speeds but you should be hitting the net around 120K or so.
I would imagine that if you were trying to load up a video on youtube or a page with a TON of graphics it could take some time but for the most part it should do just fine.

Wheeler
07-18-2007, 04:20 PM
cus i am slow
lol
And extremely Hot! You have a very fortunate husband!

Roaddogg 4040
07-18-2007, 05:16 PM
One of the things that I would like to see is how fast pages like a Hot Boat Forum thread with pictures will load and change pages...
Steve

All-Star
07-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I heard something about a class action lawsuit that is forming regarding the iphone. Something to do with the high cost replacement parts, batteries only holding a charge for like 500 uses or something and limitability of replacement parts, etc.
Not to sure.