PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to live? Yes another I want to get the hell out of Ca. thread!

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I want you guy's opinions on this.
Lets hear about your neck of the woods, and why you like it.
How is your local lakes?
Availability of Lake front property? or close by?
Afford ability of said property?
Local schools? Both grade and college?
Weather? (Just for the record, I am not a big fan of Ca's weather, to dry)
Good, honest peep's?
How is the local Dirt Bike scene? (very important)
I have at one time or another lived in 8 different states in my life time.
At 42 years old I am thinking of cashing out here and going somewhere else and settling down for good. Kids are still young enough that readjusting should not be a problem. This place is just to much anymore, too much traffic, way too many people, and just a general feeling of being hemmed in. It does become a drag sometimes when all my hobby's require a 2 to 4 hour drive.
I grew up on 10 acres and I want to have at least that much, hopefully somewhere around 50 acres.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
How is your local lakes?Some of the nicest, cleanest in the nation!!! NEVER a line to get on the water
Availability of Lake front property? or close by?Available all over.....one board member bought here two years ago for mid $400 on the lake
Afford ability of said property?VERY affordable
Local schools? Both grade and college?We have everything from private Christian schools to some of the best public around
Weather? (Just for the record, I am not a big fan of Ca's weather, to dry)Weather is a mix.....we get rain all year...... LOTS of killer clear days tho.... snow, less than 5 inches. Last year was the heaviest I have ever seen at 2.5 inches.
Good, honest peep's? I would say yes but that would be a lie.... we have some interesting gene pools here. But all in all this area of Middle TN is 99% imports from all over the US. A very friendly area for sure!!
How is the local Dirt Bike scene? (very important)People ride everywhere. I heard there are tracks nearby.....but I just sold my bike and never had the chance to really ride here.
At 42 years old I am thinking of cashing out here and going somewhere else and settling down for good. Kids are still young enough that readjusting should not be a problem. This place is just to much anymore, too much traffic, way too many people, and just a general feeling of being hemmed in.
I grew up on 10 acres and I want to have at least that much, hopefully somewhere around 50 acres.
Fly out....tour the area with us.... lake tour included (as long as I still have a boat) You will be pleasantly surprised. I did the same thing your considering three years ago at 40. I would NEVER move back! Go to realtor.com and search 37130 or surrounding areas. My wifes website will be up within a week...check it out then... www.stacysparks.com

pw_Tony
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
not Arizona

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
How is your local lakes?
Good, honest peep's?
At 42 years old I am thinking of cashing out here and going somewhere else and settling down for good. Kids are still young enough that readjusting should not be a problem. This place is just to much anymore, too much traffic, way too many people, and just a general feeling of being hemmed in.
TN
Cheap to live, no income tax, mild weather, southern bells :D
The lakes are awesome. You can boat on the TN River System or on Mtn Lakes. But we don't "do it like you do" Most areas you won't see pasties and chicks using the double dill and a bunch of posers wearing their hats sideways.
On the TN River System there is lakefront available and it used to be reasonable but the RE Boom of the last 4 years kinda screwed that up if you want a big nice new house. On the other hand there is tons of property at very reasonable prices within minutes, seconds, view of the lake.
For you pleasure:
www.thelakeman.com/
www.cheriewelsh.com/
www.jamescorealestate.com/
Schools - The chink in TN's armor. The private schools are awesome. The county schools in certain locations are awesome.
Weather - rarely snows in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville get most of that. Otherwise very mild winters. The summers are humid and hot but not FL humid and hot :D
Good Honest Peeps - yes, it's TN for crying out loud :D
Dirt biking is big but we don't have the desert thing happening. We have tracks and lots of land.
Good luck hope this helps.

YeLLowBoaT
07-17-2007, 03:33 PM
All depends on what you do for a living. If you are retiring it opens things up alot.

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Fly out....tour the area with us.... lake tour included (as long as I still have a boat) You will be pleasantly surprised.
How about I sell out here, move their, buy your boat and have you build me a house? LOL!:D
Believe it or not, when I saw that you moved their I started keeping my eye on TN. I have friends that live in Murfreesboro also.
No I am not a stalker, just that if TN. was good enough for a socal guy, it was worth checking out.
May take you up on the offer! How long is your season?
bundy

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.tennesseelakeinfo.com/ This should help.
The Otters neck of the woods is HIGH $$$$$$$$$$$........

Havasu1986
07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I have 2 buddies at work. One is looking into the Austin Texas area (Lake Travis), and the other Charlotte N.C. (Lake Norman). I've seen pictures of the houses and lakes. Tempting. But I have 8 years until retirement.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
How about I sell out here, move their, buy your boat and have you build me a house? LOL!:D
Believe it or not, when I saw that you moved their I started keeping my eye on TN. I have friends that live in Murfreesboro also.
No I am not a stalker, just that if TN. was good enough for a socal guy, it was worth checking out.
May take you up on the offer! How long is your season?
bundy
Safely till the end of Sept..... we did hit it mid Dec last year in sweatshirts..... My sled is for sale and I have two interested parties..... course....i could always borrow a boat, just wouldnt be fast.....
Come on out. We can pick you up from the airport if you want or set you up in a hotel..... or just give you suggestions....its all up to whatever your comfortable with. If your serious PM me and Ill give you my info to contact me directly....

RiverOtter
http://www.tennesseelakeinfo.com/ This should help.
The Otters neck of the woods is HIGH $$$$$$$$$$$........
Some parts of my woods are high. Others aren't

Sleek-Jet
not Arizona
Arizona is full... thank you for your interest...

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
All depends on what you do for a living. If you are retiring it opens things up alot
Not a problem, will be bringing my own business with me!:D
But we don't "do it like you do" Most areas you won't see pasties and chicks using the double dill and a bunch of posers wearing their hats sideways.
Ya know what, yes when I am at the sand bar and I see that stuff, of course I look at it, but it really does nothin for me. In fact I am a little creped out by the whole thing. Makes you wonder what is wrong with those girls? Add in the fact that I have 2 young daughters myself and I really want to get them away from that crap.
Keep the info coming, this just what I wanted to hear!

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Not a problem, will be bringing my own business with me!:D
Ya know what, yes when I am at the sand bar and I see that stuff, of course I look at it, but it really does nothin for me. In fact I am a little creped out by the whole thing. Makes you wonder what is wrong with those girls? Add in the fact that I have 2 young daughters myself and I really want to get them away from that crap.
Keep the info coming, this just what I wanted to hear!
If thats what your scenario is your good to go. Southwest.com slim....$99 each way..... Hotel is about $50 night...my place is free....as long as your a level headed family your welcome to stay. We dont party heavily but we still know how to throw back the Jack!

coorslt4u2
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
How is your local lakes?
Good, honest peep's?
At 42 years old I am thinking of cashing out here and going somewhere else and settling down for good. Kids are still young enough that readjusting should not be a problem. This place is just to much anymore, too much traffic, way too many people, and just a general feeling of being hemmed in. It does become a drag sometimes when all my hobby's require a 2 to 4 hour drive.
I just moved the HELL out of so cal, born and raised there, too many damm people, Moved to Charlotte N.C, the best place you can live and raise a family, people out here wave to you as you drive bye, Lake norman is the best, nice people, NEVER GOING BACK TO CAILF >>>>>>

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Fall Boating:
http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_0526.JPG
Summer Boating:
http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010278.JPG
Nashvillebound Boating :D
http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/IMG_2589.JPG
A calm morning at our lake lot
http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/files/1/7/7/P1010026.JPG

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
If thats what your scenario is your good to go. Southwest.com slim....$99 each way..... Hotel is about $50 night...my place is free....as long as your a level headed family your welcome to stay. We dont party heavily but we still know how to throw back the Jack!
:idea: He's never asked me to stay over :idea:

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I just moved the HELL out of so cal, born and raised there, too many damm people, Moved to Charlotte N.C, the best place you can live and raise a family, people out here wave to you as you drive bye, Lake norman is the best, nice people, NEVER GOING BACK TO CAILF >>>>>>
I lived their once, but I was only 5 at the time!:D
What about affordability?

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
:idea: He's never asked me to stay over :idea:
Well I have heard that otters, depending on the time of year tend to shed allot! And from personal experience they have a nasty bite!:D

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
LMAO....I leave for 5 minutes and look what goes on....:jawdrop: :rolleyes:
I do like the pics.....I was looking at one at a time going "nice"..."nice".... till you hit mine with the prop spray.....too funny.

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I have 2 buddies at work. One is looking into the Austin Texas area (Lake Travis), and the other Charlotte N.C. (Lake Norman). I've seen pictures of the houses and lakes. Tempting. But I have 8 years until retirement.
Lake Travis made the top 10 boating places to live according to Boating life magazine. Another place they listed that looked good was Oconee County South Carolina and also Benton County Arkansas. Both have gorgeous lakes!
Nash and Otter, Knoxville made their list also!

BajaMike
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Fly out....tour the area with us.... lake tour included (as long as I still have a boat) You will be pleasantly surprised. I did the same thing your considering three years ago at 40. I would NEVER move back! Go to realtor.com and search 37130 or surrounding areas. My wifes website will be up within a week...check it out then... www.stacysparks.com
I just got back from visiting friends in Huntsville, AL on the 4th.....how far are you from Huntsville??

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Well I have heard that otters, depending on the time of year tend to shed allot! And from personal experience they have a nasty bite!:D
I can't believe you had to drag that out :D

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Lake Travis made the top 10 boating places to live according to Boating life magazine. Another place they listed that looked good was Oconee County South Carolina and also Benton County Arkansas. Both have gorgeous lakes!
Knoxville is really cool cause you can go to the UT games via water.
Vol Navy
http://www.mylivingtree.com/5615pic/729/CP9729.jpg
http://www.tnriver.com/TnRiver/images/647.3VolNavy.jpg

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I just got back from visiting friends in Huntsville, AL on the 4th.....how far are you from Huntsville??
Chattanooga is about 1.5 hours Nashville is probably 2 hours

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
LMAO....I leave for 5 minutes and look what goes on....:jawdrop: :rolleyes:
I do like the pics.....I was looking at one at a time going "nice"..."nice".... till you hit mine with the prop spray.....too funny.
It's what I do :)

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
I think about 2-2.5 hours north......

sdpm
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a friend that use to live in San Dimas. He went to a boat race in High Point, NC (with no intention of moving)and they stayed there for a few days and looked around and bought a place in Mooresville, NC right on a lake with his own dock and a beautiful house and workshop. They came back to Calif. packed everything and never looked back. He said it was the best thing he ever did.;)

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I have a friend that use to live in San Dimas. He went to a boat race in High Point, NC (with no intention of moving)and they stayed there for a few days and looked around and bought a place in Mooresville, NC right on a lake with his own dock and a beautiful house and workshop. They came back to Calif. packed everything and never looked back. He said it was the best thing he ever did.;)
NC is a beautiful state

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree.....we went to NC to see those DCB's.... beautiful.... tho some really jacked up names for the cities. Even worse than here..... but very nice. I would imagine they get more snow than we do tho..... like measurable stuff..... i dont know if i would like that.
Maybe it was SC.....shit.....i dont even know anymore.....

2Driver
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Lake Travis is great. Been there 3 times. I could live there real easy. Maybe when the wifey retires. Lake front, warm, clear water, big lake. Very little of the belligerent $hit box crowd like .........well I'll shut up

drtywhat
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Nashville,
What did you do for work in socal and what do you do now in Nashville? I got the hell out of CA and moved to AZ and now want to hit either CO, WY TN, or NC. Whats the employment like?

cdog
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd move to florida in a heartbeat if the wife would go. It's got to be one of the coolest places in the US if your into water sports.

prkr247
07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
North Carolina is beautiful. My father just bought a place north of Lake Norman. I have looked at a lot of homes on Norman, wow they are nice and reasonable compared to the Socal market. Great luck with the search, but Carolina would get my vote!
Mike

RiverOtter
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Nashville,
What did you do for work in socal and what do you do now in Nashville? I got the hell out of CA and moved to AZ and now want to hit either CO, WY TN, or NC. Whats the employment like?
:idea: I think he was a baller ......... still is from what I can tell :D

drtywhat
07-17-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah anyone looking to buy the ultra 32' is gonna be a big baller :jawdrop: J/K Now if I can afford his boat and find a nice place in TN ill be there in a flash.....now I need to find work there. Wonder how easy it is to transfer my contractors license there?

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah anyone looking to buy the ultra 32' is gonna be a big baller :jawdrop: J/K Now if I can afford his boat and find a nice place in TN ill be there in a flash.....now I need to find work there. Wonder how easy it is to transfer my contractors license there?
Could be easier than you think! Some states it is easy as just paying a fee ( Co.) or some it is a multiday test (Fl.). If you are a sub. its still all over the place. You should be able to do a search online for what ever state you are interested in.
I know about those 2 because I looked into them.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Nashville,
I was in the construction industry....mainly concrete and concrete pumping. Now I am developing land, building homes and investing in RE in general. If your going to make the move this place is ready to explode...... like San Diego 15 years ago. We are just now getting a state of the art mall, hospital....etc. The draw to this is growing like crazy. Prices are definitely on the rise....... If you are a good worker....whatever your industry you can find work. Its as simple as that. EVERYONE needs GOOD help here.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Your license should be a matter of a small fee. Im almost positive you do not need to test coming from CA....going the other way....uh, ya...thats a start over. And who said anything about a 32'???? Im just dreaming..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I just finished a 4400sf home. Best of everything, granite, amazing moldings, all hardwood down, so many options it was a great home. All brick and stone on a corner lot fully landscaped with irrigation.... $515k. Now I know thats a pretty big home but that should give you an idea of what the prices are. Besides, it was in one of my subdivisions.....what more could one ask???? :D :D :D :D

Burn504
07-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Money Magazine just did a top 100 places to live. Check it out.

drtywhat
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Nash,
Need a general contractor residential and commercial? I have both license's. I would love to build a few strip centers and maybe a few restaurants.

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Nash,
Need a general contractor residential and commercial? I have both license's. I would love to build a few strip centers and maybe a few restaurants.
I would like to hear what youve done.... a bit about you. We can talk whenever your ready. I do have a project possibly starting in a few months building a 7500sf commercial office space building on a site I already have another building on. PM me for my email addy....

NashvilleBound
07-17-2007, 07:20 PM
http://www.housingpredictor.com/top25.html
Im good with number 9......
http://www.housingpredictor.com/tennessee.html

GHT
07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Fall Boating:
Summer Boating:
So... Where is Winter boating and just because and Fall boating is over in September. Oct. 1. is Winter boating while April 30th is the begining of Spring boating.

christhomas2
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Not Corona Beer,
Why is it everyone that says they want out of SoCal is from Corona?
If you didn't live in Corona, maybe So Cal would be OK!
Seems AZ, CO, TN, AR, and TX are full of Ex Corona residents.
Maybe it is you that has not played your cards right, and life has delt the Corona Blues.
Complain, complain, but life dosen't get better everytime you run somewhere new!

Glamasu
07-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Not Corona Beer,
Maybe it is you that has not played your cards right, and life has delt the Corona Blues.
Complain, complain, but life dosen't get better everytime you run somewhere new!
You must be from Mexico....

Coach
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Vol Navy
Off topic here, but going to a Vols game by boat is on my top college games to see when I stop coaching. That looks so cool to go to a game in early September by boat. The article by PowerBoat was great that I saw on it.
Back to topic now

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Not Corona Beer,
Ya know, I guess it was just a matter of time before a good thread was interrupted by a bitter, drunken, ass!
If you would have taken the time to read the entire thread you would have found out that of all the reasons that I talked about leaving Ca., financial hardship was NOT one of them!
Maybe I am tired of commuting to work and to play!
Maybe I like a little rain once in a while!
Maybe I don't like the fact that 2 out 3 people are illegal aliens!
Maybe I want to use that equity that I built up to NOT have a mortgage, and still have some left over to start that business that I have been dreaming about!
Maybe I wasn't born here so I don't just assume that this place is the epicenter of the universe!
I have lived in 8 different states, including Ca. they all have their pluses and minuses!
But the biggest reason I want to leave here is so that I wont have to look at all the horror stricken faces when I tell them I am leaving.
So maybe just maybe, you and your kind are a little bitter that perhaps you bought a 650,000 dollar house with no down and a teaser rate that is now drowning you. You don't like to hear about life anywhere else because you couldn't leave if you wanted too.
Besides when I am gone, you will have more of this shithole for yourself!

cdog
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Ya know, I guess it was just a matter of time before a good thread was interrupted by a bitter, drunken, ass!
If you would have taken the time to read the entire thread you would have found out that of all the reasons that I talked about leaving Ca., financial hardship was NOT one of them!
Maybe I want to use that equity that I built up to NOT have a mortgage, and still have some left over to start that business that I have been dreaming about!
Maybe I wasn't born here so I don't just assume that this place is the epicenter of the universe!
I have lived in 8 different states, including Ca. they all have their pluses and minuses!
But the biggest reason I want to leave here is so that I wont have to look at all the horror stricken faces when I tell them I am leaving.
So maybe just maybe, you and your kind are a little bitter that perhaps you bought a 650,000 dollar house with no down and a teaser rate that is now drowning you. You don't like to hear about life anywhere else because you couldn't leave if you wanted too.
Good post. Some people just don't get it. The juice just ain't worth the squeeze. :)

boatsnblondes
07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
First, let me wish you the best of luck no matter where you end up living....
Now, my pitch for the NorCal area....
We moved up here, just a little outside the Modesto area, last year. This is ag country up here, down home, freindly, everyone knows each other kind of place. People wave to you, say hello, are polite, and even the cops stop by for a cold coke or one of my world famous summertime rootbeer floats. :D The housing is more that reasonable, and the shopping and food are good, not great, but good. But the produce, good God, the produce, fruits, veggies, peaches, are out of this world. No where else I'll say will you get better, fresher produce. If that is your thing, your home. This is also almond country...for maybe the same price as you would pay for a home in the OC, you might get some almond acreage....depending on the orchard, that could maybe put another 100k plus in your pocket every year. Nice. As for lakes, there are several NICE lakes within an hour drive east of Modesto, not to mention the Sac. Delta, Tahoe, Shasta, Whiskeytown, and Nacimeinto a small drive away. Not wanting to boat?? the city (San Fran) is an hour and half to two hours away, Tahoe, is close, so is Reno. If you want to get closer to God, take an hours (maybe more) drive and visit Yosemite for the day. Drive to Napa for a nice day trip, or to the Aquarium in Monterey. Ski in the winter in Tahoe, or a short drive to Mammoth. Come visit us, stay with us, I'll throw down a porterhouse for you from Steve Medlins (Eric Medlins uncle) house of beef, pour you a cool glass of chard....and then take a walk down by the river with the dogs in the cool evening....I lived all my life in the OC, I got out, away from al that..and the first time you stand next to the river down there, put your feet in the water, you'll be free....because nowhere in the entire area of socal can you walk out of your house and find a natural stream in your backyard...too nice......good luck...:D

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
We moved up here, just a little outside the Modesto area, last year. This is ag country up here, down home, freindly, everyone knows each other kind of place. People wave to you, say hello, are polite, and even the cops stop by for a cold coke or one of my world famous summertime rootbeer floats. :D The housing is more that reasonable, and the shopping and food are good, not great, but good. But the produce, good God, the produce, fruits, veggies, peaches, are out of this world. No where else I'll say will you get better, fresher produce. If that is your thing, your home. This is also almond country...for maybe the same price as you would pay for a home in the OC, you might get some almond acreage....depending on the orchard, that could maybe put another 100k plus in your pocket every year. Nice. As for lakes, there are several NICE lakes within an hour drive east of Modesto, not to mention the Sac. Delta, Tahoe, Shasta, Whiskeytown, and Nacimeinto a small drive away. Not wanting to boat?? the city (San Fran) is an hour and half to two hours away, Tahoe, is close, so is Reno. If you want to get closer to God, take an hours (maybe more) drive and visit Yosemite for the day. Drive to Napa for a nice day trip, or to the Aquarium in Monterey. Ski in the winter in Tahoe, or a short drive to Mammoth. Come visit us, stay with us, I'll throw down a porterhouse for you from Steve Medlins (Eric Medlins uncle) house of beef, pour you a cool glass of chard....and then take a walk down by the river with the dogs in the cool evening....I lived all my life in the OC, I got out, away from al that..and the first time you stand next to the river down there, put your feet in the water, you'll be free....because nowhere in the entire area of socal can you walk out of your house and find a natural stream in your backyard...too nice......good luck...:D
I did a job a while back in Jackson, the addition to the indian casino.
Loved the area. But my folks are back in the deep south, so I would like to move closer to them.

mxbundy
07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Fall Boating:
Summer Boating:
What lake is this?
Would like to check the comps.

cdog
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Millionaires cashing out of Bay Area
By Mark Calvey
San Francisco Business Times
Updated: 5:00 p.m. PT July 8, 2007
The Bay Area's wealth boom is producing an explosion of millionaires -- in Nevada, Wyoming and perhaps Canada.
Wealth managers and other advisers to the well-heeled say "wealth migration" -- taking the money and running -- is behind a surprising drop in the number of Bay Area millionaires.
The number of North American households with at least $1 million in investable assets (not including home equity) rose sharply last year, growing by 10 percent. But in the Bay Area, it fell by 0.37 percent to 111,190, according to the World Wealth Report produced by Merrill Lynch and Capgemini, based in part on demographic data from research firm Claritas.
By any account, last year was a banner year for the rich, with their worldwide share of the wealth growing to an aggregate $37.2 trillion, its first double-digit percentage increase in seven years.
But in the Bay Area, the report suggests, wealth is fleeing faster than it's created. In minting millionaires, San Francisco's nearest competition is shaping up to be Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, all four at the bottom of the list of 25 metro areas studied by Claritas.
"I'm hearing from more California baby boomers, 'I need to get out,'" said Diane Kennedy, a Phoenix accountant and financial adviser to the wealthy.
"You can still make a lot of money in California. The problem is, then you have to pay taxes on that money," said Kennedy, who recently helped a California client with annual income of about $1 million save $96,000 annually by making their home in Jackson Hole, Wyo., their primary residence.
"Effectively, you have the state of California subsidizing their relocation through the tax savings," Kennedy said. "You can still tap into California's resources -- which includes a large, educated population -- while extricating yourself from the California tax system."
Not everyone's convinced that a massive wealth shift is underway. Those involved with the study downplay the significance of regional numbers, pointing out that a 0.37 percent decline is not significant and noting that Claritas still projects a 46.5 percent increase in millionaire households in this region over the next five years.
"We were surprised by the decline as well," said Jennifer Williams, a financial adviser at Merrill Lynch in San Francisco. "Generally, it's difficult to look at one data point and suggest a trend."
But it's that 46.5 percent predicted increase that puts the Bay Area in the bottom four. Some observers say that the effects of wealth migration -- not just in the Bay Area, but other high-cost locales -- are just starting to show up in statistics.
Some say the demographic data reflects a longtime wealth migration from high-tax states to low-tax ones. Nevada, with no income tax, has long been a favorite of wealthy residents of California, where capital gains are taxed as ordinary income. Wyoming is rising on the radar screen for Californians, especially after Nevada considered instituting a state income tax a few years ago.
"People are cashing out," said Richard Vedder, a professor at Ohio University and a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. He has studied migration patterns for almost four decades and sees the wealthy moving to lower-tax states as one of the most significant, but under-reported, migrations in American history.
California residents who have done well in real estate and business over the years can live quite well in lower cost areas with more affordable housing, he said.
"California is punishing people for being successful," Vedder said of California's high taxes. "Do they want to kick out the golden goose?"
"Wealth migration is big and it's going to become even bigger," Kennedy agreed. "Looking into my crystal ball, we'll eventually see this at a national level."
She anticipates more Americans will consider seeking investor-immigrant status into Canada, where the U.S. dollar goes a bit farther. Plus, the country offers national health care -- addressing another looming threat to the financial security of American baby boomers.
Topping the list in predicted millionaire creation is Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix and Orlando. The Bay Area remains third behind Los Angeles and Chicago in the current number of million-dollar households. The report did not include New York.
Rising taxes also may be prompting more people to flee. Tax increases in recent years that have hit California's wealthy include a 1 percent income tax surcharge on those with annual income of at least $1 million to help finance mental health programs. More of California's affluent are also falling under the AMT, which removes deductions for state and local taxes paid. In effect, the federal government no longer subsidizes state tax payments made by those falling under the AMT.
Technology advances with email, cell phones and the Internet make it easier for people to maintain businesses and networks after moving out of California.
"It's just as easy to operate out of your home office in San Francisco as it is on the slopes in Jackson," Kennedy said.
Others see California's taxes as part of the price one pays for the state's amenities.
"We tend to work with people who love the Bay Area," said Leigh Wasson, a managing director in San Francisco who serves as global market manager for Northern California at the Citi Private Bank. "The region is supportive of entrepreneurs with creative people, supportive research institutions and strong business networks.
"If you're someone who doesn't want to pay high taxes," Wasson said, "you'll move somewhere else."
© 2007 San Francisco Business Times
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19687985

RiverOtter
07-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Off topic here, but going to a Vols game by boat is on my top college games to see when I stop coaching. That looks so cool to go to a game in early September by boat. The article by PowerBoat was great that I saw on it.
Back to topic now
It is so cool. Especially if you go in October. You get all the fall colors and the huge party at the stadium.

RiverOtter
07-18-2007, 03:57 AM
What lake is this?
Would like to check the comps.
the 1st 3 pics are of Nickajack Lake (really a resevoir on the TN River System) runs thru downtown Chattanooga. Go to www.chattanoogamls.net and search area N Chattanooga (the coolest part of town thus the most expensive area in the Nooga) and Tiftonia and Signal Mountain Suck Creek.
The bottom pic is of Chickamauga Lake (again a resevoir on the TN River System that sits just above downtown Nooga. Many more choices for lakefront living there and more affordable. www.chattanoogamls.net and search areas Hixson City, N Hamilton Co and Soddy Daisy, Harrison, and Hwy 58 areas.

NashvilleBound
07-18-2007, 04:38 AM
OK, THATS IT!!!! WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THAT WE WILL DEFINITELY GET ALONG!! :D :D :D :D

DDV71
07-18-2007, 05:00 AM
we just closed on a NEW home in Winston-Salem,NC.last week.The house is 2300sq.ft. 4 bedroom on a half acre,all for,with incentives,146,000. We plan to pay it off within 6 years and semi-retire at 60years of age.We haven't even seen the house excepet photos from our realtor.Our plans at this point are to use it as a vacation home for a couple of years till the property value here comes back up. We are within a very short drive of Lake Hickory and all the racing you could ever want to see.We have a Harley and can't wait to hit the open roads back there.Check out Reegent Homes in the Triad area of NC. they also have home in Charolette,great value ,great locations.Hope you check this out and good luck,DDV71

Mattman
07-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I have been researching a move out of so. cal for the last 6 months. Born and raised here. A friends mom transplanted from here to Mooresville, NC and swears by it like several others on here. It's basically the epicenter of NASCAR with numerous teams having their corporate offices there. I understand the people are great and Lake Norman is unbelievable. It makes alot of the lakes we are used to look like ponds. As of this morning I received an update from a NC realtor on a 4 bed 3 bath 3800 sq. ft. house, on 1 acre, with a dock and boat slip for $449,000. Mild winters with similar summers as to here. I have plenty of info. if you ever need it just to do research. If nothing else, it's fun to see what's out there in different states.

shueman
07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Fun site to go shopping.... Lakehouse.Com (http://www.lakehouse.com)

In2Deep
07-18-2007, 05:51 AM
KC area is very nice. Been here about a year, and really liking it.
LOTO just down the road.

yzfrider
07-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Nashville is a great area I was born there and moved to Cali in my teen years.
Best times of my life were boating with the family on TN lakes.
I will be moving back as soon as I find a job willing to relocate. Was close about 2 weeks ago however the company decided to hire local avoiding relocation fees.
Good luck with your search

1 Baja Guy
07-18-2007, 07:50 AM
How is your local lakes?
Good, honest peep's?
Top 10 places to live....
Not sure I agree with them .... I live in Diamond Bar,Ca and I would like to get the hell out of here myself.:D
The 10 are:
Castle Rock, Colo.
Kennesaw, Ga.
Cooper City, Fla.
Diamond Bar, Calif.
Morton Grove, Ill.
Madison, Miss.
Franklin, Mass.
Cedar Park, Texas
Derby, Kans.
Chanhassen, Minn.

MADDOG355
07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Let me pitch the Dover, Paris TN area.
Land is cheap! Cumberland river, Lake Barkley, Tn river and KY lake means alot of waterfront property.
LBL has a off road area called Turkey Bay where you can ride all day and never see the same trail twice.
Close to Murry State in KY. The Dover schools (Stewart county) are great. I don't really know about the ones in Paris (Henry county)
Some of the most laid back people you will ever meet, (everyone you meet is a friend seems like).
Dover is very Mayberry like, Paris is a little bigger (they have a Wal Mart)! There are 2 or 3 boat places in the area that works on large performance boats.
Like Nashvillebound stated not much snow here but, They close the schools at the drop of a hat becouse of the backroads.

Dave C
07-18-2007, 09:12 AM
ssssshhhhhhh...
this guy is delusional.. the weather sucks, etc. besides we are all full up here but thanks for asking. ;) ;)

spectras only
07-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Vancouver BC didn't make the list , because it's in the wrong
paradise for boaters . The abundance of water here is awesome :D . I've
been in Havi and loved the scenery , boats every corner , you could
walk across the channel on top of boats but , such small area of water
for so many to share :jawdrop: .

cdog
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I think its ironic how Ca used to be a land of opportunity and now educated and wealthy people are leaving by the droves. My Grandparents came from New Jersey and Chicago and settled down in the Torrance and Redondo Beach area after WW2. Gramps bought a 3 bed home on a 20,000 sqft lot 1.5 miles from the beach for 24k back in 1955 when my dad was born. Today the home is worth 800k+ and the person that would buy it would most likely tear it down and build a new one. He's still kickin. He's a retired Aerospace engineer from Garret. The other one got into real estate after retiring from the military when they withdrew from Korea. He at one time owned acreage in Palos Verdes and over 15 rentals in west Torrance and Redondo. He sold everything off in the late 80's and has lived in Palm Springs since I was a munchkin.
All the newer generation has moved away except for my dad. Orange and SD. Soon to be Scottsdale for me. I'd bet my dad will leave once my grandfather goes. It really screw's with you one you realize what you can have somewhere else for 1/4th the $$. I think the new land of opportunity will be the south. I've sold 10 or so homes for people over the last 6 years who were relocating from a 1500 sqft cracker jack box here in OC to a 4000sqft on 1/2 acre in Texas.

RiverOtter
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
As of this morning I received an update from a NC realtor on a 4 bed 3 bath 3800 sq. ft. house, on 1 acre, with a dock and boat slip for $449,000.
That sounds like a smokin deal. I'd love to see the pics

Dave C
07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't know where they are getting their data but not enough people are permanently leaving to justify this conclusion .....
Perhaps they are confusing the people who are leaving permanently with those who are setting up a "second full-time" residence across the border. You know, in a state with a lower income tax rate.:D ;) (Nevada has lower income tax rates) ;)
I "heard" that some people are doing this.
But what the hell do I know.
DaveC <------ Bay Area CPA ;) ;)
Millionaires cashing out of Bay Area
By Mark Calvey
Updated: 5:00 p.m. PT July 8, 2007
The Bay Area's wealth boom is producing an explosion of millionaires -- in Nevada, Wyoming and perhaps Canada.
Wealth managers and other advisers to the well-heeled say "wealth migration" -- taking the money and running -- is behind a surprising drop in the number of Bay Area millionaires.
The number of North American households with at least $1 million in investable assets (not including home equity) rose sharply last year, growing by 10 percent. But in the Bay Area, it fell by 0.37 percent to 111,190, according to the World Wealth Report produced by Merrill Lynch and Capgemini, based in part on demographic data from research firm Claritas.
Rising taxes also may be prompting more people to flee. Tax increases in recent years that have hit California's wealthy include a 1 percent income tax surcharge on those with annual income of at least $1 million to help finance mental health programs. More of California's affluent are also falling under the AMT, which removes deductions for state and local taxes paid. In effect, the federal government no longer subsidizes state tax payments made by those falling under the AMT.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19687985

Mattman
07-18-2007, 01:25 PM
That sounds like a smokin deal. I'd love to see the pics
The best help I have received so far is from Remax on the Lake and wilkinsonandassociates.com.
I typed in I was looking for at least 4 bed, 3 bath, 2250 sq. feet, 3 car garage and 1 acre in Mooresville, NC. It is in Iredell County. The MLS and pics will then pop up.

roostwear
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I think its ironic how Ca used to be a land of opportunity and now educated and wealthy people are leaving by the droves. My Grandparents came from New Jersey and Chicago and settled down in the Torrance and Redondo Beach area after WW2. Gramps bought a 3 bed home on a 20,000 sqft lot 1.5 miles from the beach for 24k back in 1955 when my dad was born. Today the home is worth 800k+ and the person that would buy it would most likely tear it down and build a new one. He's still kickin. He's a retired Aerospace engineer from Garret. The other one got into real estate after retiring from the military when they withdrew from Korea. He at one time owned acreage in Palos Verdes and over 15 rentals in west Torrance and Redondo. He sold everything off in the late 80's and has lived in Palm Springs since I was a munchkin.
All the newer generation has moved away except for my dad. Orange and SD. Soon to be Scottsdale for me. I'd bet my dad will leave once my grandfather goes. It really screw's with you one you realize what you can have somewhere else for 1/4th the $$. I think the new land of opportunity will be the south. I've sold 10 or so homes for people over the last 6 years who were relocating from a 1500 sqft cracker jack box here in OC to a 4000sqft on 1/2 acre in Texas.
It's only a matter of time before California collapses under it's own laws and diminishing resources (economic). It will become the 3rd world country the "immigrants" want it to be. Problem is, there won't be anyone to pay INTO the system to maintain it. The Democratic control of the state won't know what to do if taxes can't be raised to cover decreasing taxes and revenue. Laws will continue to be more restrictive and less business friendly. Without the money to support the socialist programs in place and expanding at a increasing rate, what will happen? You don't think the "rich" will stick around to support everyone else for long, do you? Great weather won't keep this state going forever.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I can't judge them by their winters, we just crossed through 24 states and we loved:
Florida if you can take the Humidity. All along the coasts are awesome.
Texas from LongView all the way across through Abilene / Sweetwater to the Border.
Penn was excellent. Boating and great hangouts everyplace. Good people good food, a hogie is $10 but worth $20, nice housing.
Illinois was excellent too.
All over the Southwest offers alot.
Arizona our favorite.
Dry (less humid), mild winter weather below 5000 ft, fewer insects, open spaces, blue laws not too bad.

Glamasu
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
It's only a matter of time before California collapses under it's own laws and diminishing resources (economic). It will become the 3rd world country the "immigrants" want it to be. Problem is, there won't be anyone to pay INTO the system to maintain it. The Democratic control of the state won't know what to do if taxes can't be raised to cover decreasing taxes and revenue. Laws will continue to be more restrictive and less business friendly. Without the money to support the socialist programs in place and expanding at a increasing rate, what will happen? You don't think the "rich" will stick around to support everyone else for long, do you? Great weather won't keep this state going forever.
Well said...

MADDOG355
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh I forgot to mention, Stewart and Henry counties in TN do not have emissions testing, or inspections.

SUBPRIME
07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
St. Louis and KC Missouri are nice and only 2 hours to Lake of the Ozarks, the "best boating place in the world", there I said it! I'm sure I'm gonna catch flak for saying it but LOTO is amazing, tons of affordable housing all waterfront with your own dock, tons of resturants, clubs and there's even the 7mile minimart if you want to do your shopping by boat too! In the summer you wouldn't even need a car at the lake if you had a boat! winter are a little cold but it make you appreciate spring through fall. You get to watch the shootout every year and if you don't know about "party cove" your missing out!! All I have to say is NO PASTIES required, just don't take your bottoms off!!!

socalmoney
07-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Our plans at this point are to use it as a vacation home for a couple of years till the property value here comes back up.
If we are about to see 30% - 40% depreciation in our houses, when do you think the market will recover? When will you be safe to sell and move. You need to sell now IMHO or you will be waiting longer than "a couple of years".

sdpm
07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Just think what will happen if the southwest has a few more dry winters? Look at "ALL" of the lakes and how low they are now. With a growing population and the demand for water something has to give! I truely believe that is going to be our next big problem.:confused:

NashvilleBound
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh I forgot to mention, Stewart and Henry counties in TN do not have emissions testing, or inspections.
We have testings.... its $10 (they only accept cash) you stay in your car and it only takes about 5 minutes. My registration is $115 a year for my cars....only because I have personalized tags.... otherwise its $65. New used or abused.....

cdog
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
You should see what CA tried to pull with a state wide transfer tax on property sold in Ca. 1.75% transfer tax. NAR and CAR defeated the legislation. Yes, thank a Realtor.:D
For release:
Monday, July 16, 2007
AB 1574, legislation legitimizing private transfer taxes, withdrawn from committee; delayed until next year
LOS ANGELES (July 16) – Assembly Bill 1574 (Houston), “Private Transfer Taxes,” was withdrawn from last week’s agenda for the Senate Judiciary Committee, having failed to receive adequate support from committee members.
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) vigorously opposes AB 1574, which would authorize developers to surcharge home buyers through a “private transfer tax” and add to the cost of owning a home. The deadline for policy committees to hear and report on bills was Friday, July 13; AB 1574 now cannot be acted upon until next year. An interim hearing is expected to be held during the fall to investigate the imposition of “private transfer taxes” by developers.
“The legislature wisely decided this week that AB 1574 should not move forward,” said C.A.R. President Colleen Badagliacco. “This bill would have legitimatized developer-imposed transfer taxes on home buyers at the point of purchase. Under Assemblyman Houston’s bill, 2 percent of the home sales price could be imposed every time the home sells--for 99 years into the future. This unfairly burdens future home buyers without any guarantee that they will receive benefit or value in exchange for the transfer taxes.
“We commend Senator Corbett, who chairs the Judiciary Committee, for encouraging further legislative investigation of this unacceptable practice, just as we encourage legislation prohibiting such ‘taxes’ altogether,” said Badagliacco.

DDV71
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
The good part for us is we are not in a hurry,if we decide to go sooner than later we could rent this house out and keep it for the time being.We live in Lake Arrowhead area and love it up here,my wife and I have great jobs and life is good,we just can't retire or save quick enough in this state to semi-retire at a reasonably young age.

Tommy1005
07-19-2007, 07:03 AM
My .02 on Travis, since I grew up on that lake.....It's a great lake, but since it is used to hold flood waters it can get pretty nasty at times. During the last rain it was closed the longest. That and the lake went from being 40 feet lower than usual to 40 feet above normal in a 2 week span. You never know where the water is going to be or how deep it is, that to me is a huge drawback when you've got $2K worth of props on the back of your boat. For the last 8 or 9 years my family has been boating on Lake LBJ which is about 45 minutes from Austin, housing is still somewhat affordable. The lake isn't as big, but there are still spots where you can get away from everyone else on a holiday weekend. We keep our boat in the water on a lift year round, but I know the ramp gets busy on Sunday afternoons. 3 or 4 other families that we know have now bought houses on the lake after visiting with us if that tells you anything. The main resort town there is Horseshoe Bay, it is one of the top golf courses in the nation. If you want land, there is plenty for sale within an hours drive of the lake. Since I'm in this part of the world, just thought I would share.

sorry dog
07-19-2007, 07:35 AM
1.5 hours.
BTW - Alabama has horridly hot and humid summers, most people don't have front teeth, we don't have good internet access, and the lakes are downstream from JBB's chemical dumping ground. So basically... you don't want to live here.
If you like Yankees, I recommend Florida.

beaverretriever
07-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Of course, everyone is partial to where they live.
But anyways, my wife and I left the South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo) and moved to Henderson Nv. We love it. Money Mag voted it the top 10 small cities to live in. Our house is literally 17min from Lake Mead Marina, and we make it to Havasu in under an hour and 45 mins.
House prices have stayed pretty steady in the last yr but are not cheap by any means. I am not sure what you are looking for.
There are a lot of jobs, and things to do, less laws than Cali, if you like to shoot you can pretty much own anything, lots of BLM land to go and do things on.
We actually love Boulder City better, but can't afford to move there yet.
Good luck with whatever you do.

blackcloud75
07-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Vol Navy
Experienced the VOL Navy many times personally........dont forget Calhoun's
Great, Friendly, Hospitable Folks in TN......go to about 3-4 home games a year......I Love TN!!!!!!!!!!
TN folks are always impressed that 20 fireman travel to TN for games that often.........
One of these days you'll the see the Schiada apart of the navy
Cory

phebus
07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Great, Friendly, Hospitable Folks in TN......go to about 3-4 home games a year......I Love TN!!!!!!!!!!
TN folks are always impressed that 20 fireman travel to TN for games that often.........
Cory
And, let's not forget, "Grandma's need loving too" :D

BarryMac
07-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Lets all move to Mexico, with them all coming over the border to live here we should have plenty of space to pick from... :D

blackcloud75
07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
And, let's not forget, "Grandma's need loving too" :D
Well.....there was this one time........at the Opryland Resort.....after honkeytonkin around "Nash-Vegas" on broadway.......
SOMEONE ended up in the "wrong room" with a couple 50 years his senior....and he didn't come through the door either.......but he did manage to sit on the edge of the bed and cop a feel.......:sqeyes:

Classic Daycruiser
07-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I've heard of this lake in northwest Iowa....West Lake Okoboji. It is known as the third bluest lake in the world, and is prehistoric glacier spring feed clear water(not green), with visiblity up to 35 feet(the lake is 120 feet near the springs). It has lake front property, with private dock and boat hoists. Closest airport is Souix Falls, but local airport can handle small jets.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35194&stc=1&d=1184872030
You will get all four seasons Ice fishing season, farm planting season, boating season, Duck Season. :idea: :) :idea: :) :idea:

NashvilleBound
07-19-2007, 12:40 PM
You will get all four seasons Ice fishing season........... :) :idea:
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: ICE FISHING??? Thats quite a seaon!!

RiverOtter
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Cory
I am impressed and would love to see a Schiada rafted off to the Sea Ray army :idea:

Boostedballs
08-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I have been thinking about TN also. BUT, I seem to remember the mosquitoes being a threat. I live in Oregon and I love the fact that the mosquitoes are not a problem. Lake Havasu was hell with the nasty little knats that would leave welts on you.
I'm sorta stuck where I'm at right now because the industry I work is only in a few areas of the country. (semiconductor)
The wife is a realtor and I'm sure she can make money wherever we go. I'm gunna look into TN.

RiverOtter
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I have been thinking about TN also. BUT, I seem to remember the mosquitoes being a threat. I live in Oregon and I love the fact that the mosquitoes are not a problem. Lake Havasu was hell with the nasty little knats that would leave welts on you.
I'm sorta stuck where I'm at right now because the industry I work is only in a few areas of the country. (semiconductor)
The wife is a realtor and I'm sure she can make money wherever we go. I'm gunna look into TN.
we've got skeeters but nothing like FL :sqeyes: (they really aren't all that bad in TN)

voodoomedman
08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Safely till the end of Sept..... we did hit it mid Dec last year in sweatshirts..... My sled is for sale and I have two interested parties..... course....i could always borrow a boat, just wouldnt be fast.....
Come on out. We can pick you up from the airport if you want or set you up in a hotel..... or just give you suggestions....its all up to whatever your comfortable with. If your serious PM me and Ill give you my info to contact me directly....
Do this. I have contacted Jeff and he has been a wealth of information and more than helpful. With having a new baby this year and my wifes surgery we have not been able to make it yet but will be definitely visiting by next summer. Heck I may be switching jobs and if I do I will have to go for training in Memphis and I will drive to Nashville for the weekend and do a pre tour without the family. We are hoping to be out of here in 5 years. SoCal blows. I loved South Carolina when I visited but I think the Nashville area will be milder weather, better job market, no state income tax and it's where we can best get the extended family to go. I hope Jeff has a 32 foot Ultra Shadow at some point I get to ride in. :D

voodoomedman
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Not always the case. Look at Nashvillebound. I'm 28 and and have the "dream". Too damn fast paced. Have to drive long distances everywhere to do everything just to be crowded by everyone else. The illegal immigration, the spanish. Everything. It sucks. I grew up in Chino and if you asked me 10 years ago I would tell you that I would never leave. Now we in fact will. And 10 years ago I didn't have squat. I'm not raising my kids in ESL classes and sending them to school with guns to be able to protect themselves. I guess this doesn't make sense though because I'm not from Corona. :D
Not Corona Beer,

RitcheyRch
08-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I've been thinking the same thing.
Just think what will happen if the southwest has a few more dry winters? Look at "ALL" of the lakes and how low they are now. With a growing population and the demand for water something has to give! I truely believe that is going to be our next big problem.:confused:
Well stated.

WYRD
08-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Great Post, Get the hell out of here and enjoy life you will be much happier spending rush hour on the lake God knows if I could I would.....
CA SUX:crossx:

NashvilleBound
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
We have since opened Stacys website for locals, investors and relocates..... Her site should answer all you questions. If not contact her for the answer. www.stacysparks.com
Our market isnt on fire like it was three years ago but it will be next year. We are still moving homes and now the overage inventory is stablizing. This will make for next springs market to be a good one!!! Personally I like it to be a nuetral market where buyers and sellers can both prosper.

voodoomedman
08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
We have since opened Stacys website for locals, investors and relocates..... Her site should answer all you questions. If not send her contact her for the answer. www.stacysparks.com
Our market isnt on fire like it was three years ago but it will be next year. We are still moving homes and now the overage inventory is stablizing. This will make for next springs market to be a good one!!! Personally I like it to be a nuetral market where buyers and sellers can both prosper.
If I have it my way I'm coming no matter what. Even if I have to just buy a motorhome and park it in your driveway. :D

Seadog
08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
If you want good boating, dirt biking and reasonable prices on property, I would suggest you check out NE Oklahoma and NW Arkansas. Lots of great places to do all you want.

DaveA
08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I've started a reply on this thread about a dozen times, but have deleted everything I've written so far.
Hope you like it here.

NashvilleBound
08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
If I have it my way I'm coming no matter what. Even if I have to just buy a motorhome and park it in your driveway. :D
LOL...We are moving out of this rediculous subdivision onto 2.8 acres across town. FINALLY I will have my space...... and it will be harder for stalkers to find me :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D
But those who do find us have full hookups ;) ;) I honestly dont know what your waiting for............

voodoomedman
08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
LOL...We are moving out of this rediculous subdivision onto 2.8 acres across town. FINALLY I will have my space...... and it will be harder for stalkers to find me :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D
But those who do find us have full hookups ;) ;) I honestly dont know what your waiting for............
We haven't visited because the youngest is only 6 weeks old. We were going to come in July but the Pediatrician said no flights for 40 days minimum. That put me back at work and now next Tuesday my wife has a 2 level microdiscectomy. We will definitely be out next summer though. I have a high probability of changing jobs and the headquarters where I would be going for training is in Memphis. If I do I hope to stay the weekend and take a pre-tour without the family.
As far as moving I can almost say that it's 99% going to happen as long as we don't hate it for some reason. We are on a 5 year plan but if I can go sooner I will. We are pulling my wifes family with us definitely and that is part of the equation. I'd love for my family to come but if it's even possible it will be a follow later situation. Oh well at least we will have half of the family and probably see mine just as much by flying both ways for long visits. Timing needs to be right as well so I can sell this house and the Havasu house. I really want to get out there though to see the lots and such because from what I've seen online there's not much one stories that are big and nice in Lascassas. I want to buy a lot asap before prices go up and then have you or someone else if you don't do onsies build our house and then I cash out of this place and go. I'm also trying to set myself up job wise. Even though I'd be able to find a job if I get this job with this other company and can transfer to TN in a few years and possibly even get a promotion then salary wise maybe I'd be able to get a 32 foot Ultra to match yours. :D

NashvilleBound
08-10-2007, 06:52 AM
...........I'd be able to get a 32 foot Ultra to match yours. :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
I understand moving like that is very cumbersome. LOTS to consider. The last few months after I commited to movnig I was WAY stressed. I thought to my self....2000 miles and I have no work lined up....am I nuts???? But things work out and now I am SO glad, as well as all my family, that we moved!! The quality of life is not even comaparable. We'll be here when you need us......... just know prices are still going up here.... its slower but still rising...

voodoomedman
08-10-2007, 06:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
I understand moving like that is very cumbersome. LOTS to consider. The last few months after I commited to movnig I was WAY stressed. I thought to my self....2000 miles and I have no work lined up....am I nuts???? But things work out and now I am SO glad, as well as all my family, that we moved!! The quality of life is not even comaparable. We'll be here when you need us......... just know prices are still going up here.... its slower but still rising...
Thanks. That's why I want to buy a lot asap. Even if we don't end up building on it we can sell and use the equity for where else we decide out there. That's just it. Quality of life. Anyways, thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to keep you posted when I'm coming out and if at all possible you and Stacy will be getting my business and if we do then more then likely the families business as well.