PDA

View Full Version : New toy and seemingly new hobby...

Jordy
02-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Already working on accessories... gonna need shoes, gloves, camelback, and on and on and on...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01118.JPG
It should be fun and give me something better to do with my time than playing on the internet. ;)
Shit, now I'm going to need an IPod too. Stupid new hobbies. :D

Sleek-Jet
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
You'll need the internet when you're recovering from your seperated shoulder and broken collar bone.
Have fun. :D

Jordy
02-17-2006, 02:25 PM
You'll need the internet when you're recovering from your seperated shoulder and broken collar bone.
Have fun. :D
That's what I'm afraid of. It's got clip in pedals and there is a little bit of a learning curve there from what I've found out so far. They told me that everyone has a sudden stop where they can't get out of the clips fast enough and just fall over, so don't worry when it happens... just what I need... :D :D :D

Magic34
Where is the motor???

Jordy
Where is the motor???
At the keyboard right now. It's a 240lb'er, but should be less after a few months on this bad boy. ;)

Cole1313
Already working on accessories... gonna need shoes, gloves, camelback, and on and on and on...
It should be fun and give me something better to do with my time than playing on the internet. ;)
What a cute peddle bike! You need to get some bling wheels and some deflectors for saftey.

HCS
02-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Chachinga.

Jordy
What a cute peddle bike! You need to get some bling wheels and some deflectors for saftey.
I already took all the reflectors and warning stickers off. They did have some cool chain steering wheels and exhaust tips for the low rider bikes but nothing that would fit this one. Did pick it up in Mesa-co after all. ;)

little rowe boat
I do a little mountain biking and I love it, just be very careful, a few years back I was on a response to a m. bike accident and the guy had to be airlifted to Loma Linda due to a broken neck.

Cole1313
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I already took all the reflectors and warning stickers off. They did have some cool chain steering wheels and exhaust tips for the low rider bikes but nothing that would fit this one. Did pick it up in Mesa-co after all. ;)
That would be sweet.

Jordy
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
That would be sweet.
Yeah, it's got shocks and pegs and I'm going to take it off some sweet jumps. Gosh. :D :D :D

Dave C
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
that bike sucks... wheres the billet cup holders.....

Dusty Times
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it's got shocks and pegs and I'm going to take it off some sweet jumps. Gosh. :D :D :D
What about a MOTOR????

Sleek-Jet
02-17-2006, 02:42 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. It's got clip in pedals and there is a little bit of a learning curve there from what I've found out so far. They told me that everyone has a sudden stop where they can't get out of the clips fast enough and just fall over, so don't worry when it happens... just what I need... :D :D :D
I made it out of my mountain bike stage with only a few lacerations and a sprained knee. I felt I had run out of luck, so I took up drinking. :D

2Driver
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
So far it hasn't :D
Come up to Pima and Dynamite. Tons of Great trails on rolling hard pack granite...killer scenery around Troon too.

Jordy
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Over and under line is 3 months Jordy :)
Look here old focker, you don't want to start this over/under game with your age, reaction time, and Harley hobby. ;)
Something about not throwing rocks if you live in a glass AARP house. :D :D :D

Rexone
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
There's a definate learning curve but once you stop falling over still clipped in you'll never go back to open pedals... :D

Jordy
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
So far it's not :D Come up to Pima and Dynamite. Tons of Great trails on rolling hard pack granite...killer scenery around Troon too.
Yeah, we used to do the powerlines on the bikes. Nothing like coming up on a mtn biker on the North side of Dynamite (where the dirtbikes play) in 4th or 5th gear. :D :D :D

Rexone
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I do a little mountain biking and I love it, just be very careful, a few years back I was on a response to a m. bike accident and the guy had to be airlifted to Loma Linda due to a broken neck.
Yeah what he said. :)

GHT
02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Jordy, is this some kind of a sick joke?? WTF?? You might #1. Save money. #2. Get in Shape for Summer.. :hammer2: :hammer2:

Mrs.Racer277
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Congrats Jordy. :)

Cole1313
02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
LMFAO!!! hahahaha. Vote for Pedro!

2Driver
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, we used to do the powerlines on the bikes. Nothing like coming up on a mtn biker on the North side of Dynamite (where the dirtbikes play) in 4th or 5th gear. :D :D :D
If you found 4th and 5th on that road you have large, giant balls! I could only manage a few spots for 3rd on the XR 650R. OF course that was pre-titanium spine screws :220v:

superdave013
02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
nice bike
We should meet at Bootleg Canyon and have some fun on that steep rocky luner looking landscape before it gets to hot.
Here are my steeds
My everyday all around bike, Santa Cruz Bullit
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503bullitdh-med.jpg
And the ever so fun Brooklyn Racelink downhill rig
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48complete_and_dirty.JPG
You will find out that shin gaurds and full face helmets can be your friend. I have broken my fair share of helmets.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48aloha-med.jpg

superdave013
02-17-2006, 03:17 PM
gotta miss Big Bear now that it's closed to dowhill.
Ty boosting on Log Chute
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15030bbnic6-med.jpg
Me on Pistol Pete trying not to eat $hit
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48SPOOKPistol01-med.jpg

superdave013
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
this was a fun bike. It would roll over just about anything.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48santiago96-med.jpg

Towndrunk
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Say it aint so. I HATE them damn bikes hogging the road. I think they should have to be licensed with insurance if they're to be used on the road. :argue:

superdave013
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
classic Sanjay right here. Sea Otter's jump contest a few years ago.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48sanjay.jpg
Nice style but watch that kick stand. lol
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48sanjay_cruiserdj_sp04.jpg

disco_charger
02-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Never was much of a Trek guy, but I did just pick up a OCLV. Dave is into that pot smoking gen X free ride bullsh**. Stay away from those guys, they're trying to kill themselves most of the time. I did a little racing a while back (ok, a long time ago) but PM me with stuff you need Jordy, I might be able to part with the boxes of extra crap I've got. Also, ditch those crappy pedals and go buy some TIME ATAC's and you'll have a lot less problems. Don't skimp on your helmet either. I got my first helicopter ride out of Chino Hills State Park courtesy of my broken Bell helmet and different sized pupils in 1992. ;)

Mandelon
02-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Its heavy duty, right?

superdave013
02-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Never was much of a Trek guy, but I did just pick up a OCLV. Dave is into that pot smoking gen X free ride bullsh**. Stay away from those guys, they're trying to kill themselves most of the time. I did a little racing a while back (ok, a long time ago) but PM me with stuff you need Jordy, I might be able to part with the boxes of extra crap I've got. Also, ditch those crappy pedals and go buy some TIME ATAC's and you'll have a lot less problems. Don't skimp on your helmet either. I got my first helicopter ride out of Chino Hills State Park courtesy of my broken Bell helmet and different sized pupils in 1992. ;)
lol, lets go to the Top of the World, smoke some pot and race to the dog park.
TIME are so 1990's, step up to some Crank Brothers egg beaters if ya want light weight and easy to get in and out. I myself will stick to my Brooklyn Shinburgers, they grip vans and knee caps equally as well.

superdave013
02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Never was much of a Trek guy, but I did just pick up a OCLV.
Ok, now that you got me going I'd rather have my sister date some guy like Jordy then ride one of those Crackandfails like you used to race. Lopes might be able to pull it off but you're not Lopes. :D
So Mr. I'm out of shape and have not ridden in so long, when are we gonna ride? Think you can handle the Fullerton loop?

jdogginla
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Jordy.......forget the I-pod. Get the oakley glasses with the mp-3 in them. I use em all the time now when i ride. For some reason riding gets to be addicting. Either mountain and trails or on a road bike. I find myself going on a quick 20 mile ride after work a couple of times a week.
The camelback is a thing of beauty......Use mine all the time.
Enjoy and have fun with it.

Outnumbered
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
So far it hasn't :D
Come up to Pima and Dynamite. Tons of Great trails on rolling hard pack granite...killer scenery around Troon too.
Yes, its nice up there. Just kindly move aside when you here a pack of 450 thumpers coming your way :rollside:
2Driver, do you still ride that 650? If so we'll have to get together some time. I ride P&D all the time, KTM 450EXC. Its my favorite place. Lots of good ST off of the main power line road. The power line road is a mess of dust and quad riders so I try to stay off of it.

Jordy
02-17-2006, 04:52 PM
SD, there are some crazy fockers in those pics. I'm going to hold off on that stuff for a while and just get the hang of a full suspension bike. It takes a little getting used to, I'll tell ya that much. Between the suspension unloading and the clipped in feet, no tricks for a while. Just got back from a 10 mile ride around my area, nothing crazy off road yet and I feel great. Pretty excited about the whole deal.
Oh, and I looked at some other bikes the other day at a different shop, just because I hadn't been in a bike shop in probably 15 years, and the thing that turned me off was the "Made in China" and "Made in Taiwain" stickers on these $1,000+ plus bikes. Screw that. That Trek is MADE IN THE USA!!! :D :D :D

disco_charger
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok, now that you got me going I'd rather have my sister date some guy like Jordy then ride one of those Crackandfails like you used to race. Lopes might be able to pull it off but you're not Lopes. :D
So Mr. I'm out of shape and have not ridden in so long, when are we gonna ride? Think you can handle the Fullerton loop?
Never raced the Cannondale. Pro Flex, KHS and a Raleigh in the beginning.
I've been running on my lunch hour, so I might be able to limp around the loop. Went back to being old school and bought me a little hardtail with XT/XTR. I figure if I'm going to be fat these days, the bike should be light. :)

superdave013
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
SD, there are some crazy fockers in those pics. I'm going to hold off on that stuff for a while and just get the hang of a full suspension bike. It takes a little getting used to, I'll tell ya that much. Between the suspension unloading and the clipped in feet, no tricks for a while. Just got back from a 10 mile ride around my area, nothing crazy off road yet and I feel great. Pretty excited about the whole deal.
Oh, and I looked at some other bikes the other day at a different shop, just because I hadn't been in a bike shop in probably 15 years, and the thing that turned me off was the "Made in China" and "Made in Taiwain" stickers on these $1,000+ plus bikes. Screw that. That Trek is MADE IN THE USA!!! :D :D :D
but all the parts on it are not.
My Santa Cruz is made in well, Santa Cruz, Ca and the Brooklyn is made in f'in Brooklyn, NY Yo! And on that bike I went with a sram drive train and it's made in the good ol USA too. I really like that sram stuff now also.
Riding because you want to is so fun. Riding because you have to would suck though. Big difference!
I don't care how old ya are but getting a new bike is just bitchen.
Disco, I went the other way. If I'm fat my bike is gonna be heavy too. lol The Bullit is in the high 30's and the Brooklyn is a light 50.8. :)

disco_charger
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Jordy, just remember that mountain biking is all about your willingness to suffer. :D

boxscore
02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I still have scars on my legs from when I thought I could ride bumpy trails downhill. It only took me a couples years to realize why my body was always broken down all the time. :skull:

Jordy
02-17-2006, 05:15 PM
but all the parts on it are not.
The frame is made in Wisconsin so I guess I'd better get a cheese helmet. I believe the Rock Shox are USA as are all the Bontrager components as his shop is in Santa Cruz as well. Shimano components are the only ones that are seemingly foreign. Bottom line, there are more US made parts on this bike than any of the others that I looked at yesterday, or so I'd like to believe. ;)

Jordy
02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Jordy, just remember that mountain biking is all about your willingness to suffer. :D
So pretty much it's like women, and boats for that matter. :D :D :D

superdave013
02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
well just so you know I bike to work and it just started raining. :rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
02-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Shoot I would have sold you mine for super cheap!!
I bought it for the same reasons as you but have only ridden it 2 or 3 times.;)
I really like going down hill but at the bottom I have to turn around and pedal back up. :yuk: :cry:
My neighborhood goes from about 500ft above sealevel to 2000 ft really quick and the hills just plain killed me.
I stopped eating to loose weight I figure it would be easier than working out and giving up beer. :crossx:

Jordy
02-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I really like going down hill but at the bottom I have to turn around and pedal back up. :yuk: :cry:
I have boat bitch follow me and pull me back to the top of the hill. Kind of like a ski lift. I'm feeling like I'm in much better shape already. :D :D :D
I stopped eating to loose weight I figure it would be easier than working out and giving up beer. :crossx:
Just drink diet beer. Do I have to think of everything??? ;)

superdave013
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Shoot I would have sold you mine for super cheap!!
I bought it for the same reasons as you but have only ridden it 2 or 3 times.;)
My neighborhood goes from about 500ft above sealevel to 2000 ft really quick and the hills just plain killed me.
there's lots of good trails right by your house man.

mike37
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
your going to have a hard time drinking a beer riding that thing

Badger301
02-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Nice Bike Jordy...you'll have fun...rode for about 4 years then took a couple off...getting back into it now.....you'll get used to those style pedals, just adjust them as loose as you can till you get them down....take your water with you, if your a beginner don't ride alone (its more fun with others anyways)...your going to fall thats inevitable but its fun as hell. Keep it up until the summer then hit Big Bear...they take you to the top on the ski lifts and you ride back down.

Jordy
02-17-2006, 06:04 PM
your going to have a hard time drinking a beer riding that thing
Good point. I can either get the hard hat style helmet with the cup holders on the side and rig up a hose system or better yet, I'll just fill my Camelback up with Goose, a splash of soda and some limes and I'll be fine (won't have to carry as many beers either) at least on the ride out. The ride back might be a little hairy. ;)

superdave013
02-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Nice Bike Jordy...you'll have fun...rode for about 4 years then took a couple off...getting back into it now.....you'll get used to those style pedals, just adjust them as loose as you can till you get them down....take your water with you, if your a beginner don't ride alone (its more fun with others anyways)...your going to fall thats inevitable but its fun as hell. Keep it up until the summer then hit Big Bear...they take you to the top on the ski lifts and you ride back down.
big bear got sued by a kid's insurance company after he was injured and they shut the entire dh program down. They will let XC bikes up but you can not ride any of the dh runs back down at all. They won't let either of my bikes on the lift anymore.
I see you are in so cal. where do you ride? I'm always looking for people to shuttle with.

Hustler
02-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Over and under line is 3 months Jordy :)
I'll take the under. that is if he really rides it :D

Badger301
02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
big bear got sued by a kid's insurance company after he was injured and they shut the entire dh program down. They will let XC bikes up but you can not ride any of the dh runs back down at all. They won't let either of my bikes on the lift anymore.
I see you are in so cal. where do you ride? I'm always looking for people to shuttle with.
Its been a couple of years since I was up there so I didnt know about the ban...Do they still have the races though? I'm just getting back into it and I usually hit Carbon Canyon/Chino Hills area also did some Whiting Ranch stuff and a few loops around Whittier. I'm in West Covina and never really got into the DH thing...I'll admit it my balls aint big enough...XC'er here.

Jordy
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
I'll take the under. that is if he really rides it :D
Wow, another old (granted not as old as the AARP Pres) Harley rider who lives in Cali betting against my survival??? That's funny. :D

mike37
02-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Good point. I can either get the hard hat style helmet with the cup holders on the side and rig up a hose system or better yet, I'll just fill my Camelback up with Goose, a splash of soda and some limes and I'll be fine (won't have to carry as many beers either) at least on the ride out. The ride back might be a little hairy. ;)
man you will be really happy tell you pass out
had some co workers get in more trouble on bikes than cars

Hustler
02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I'll just fill my Camelback up with Goose, a splash of soda and some limes and I'll be fine (won't have to carry as many beers either) at least on the ride out. The ride back might be a little hairy. ;)
With statements like this I'll still take the under:D

hoolign
02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I had the same idea a few years back! Bought a bike, helmut,water bottle blah blah blah ..took it with me to work with the grandest intentions of "getting in shape" little did I know that the "shape" would be 240 LB mass of puking in agony in the fetal position" after I hopped on it and jammed my 240 LBS down on the right side pedal ..snapping the chain and driving my balls into the gooseneck ...think it out...think it "all the way " out!! :cry: :cry:

Jordy
02-17-2006, 06:48 PM
With statements like this I'll still take the under:D
Perhaps I should have layed the sarcasm on just a tad bit thicker. :idea: :D

Hustler
02-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Perhaps I should have layed the sarcasm on just a tad bit thicker. :idea: :D
I know better than that :p

BadKachina
02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait to see you in some spandex riding gear. :cool:
Seriously, I've got a 2k Gary Fisher in my garage that's been collecting dust for about 2 years........

Jordy
02-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait to see you in some spandex riding gear. :cool:
Oh, now don't make me start busting out some of the classic Bad Kachina pics. You know, the Village People meet Bad Kachina in Havasu??? Or how about the hitch hiking beer looter in the redecorated boat??? :D :D :D
Jordy <----- has many, many, many good pics in his files. Some haven't even been modified yet. ;)

BadKachina
02-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh, now don't make me start busting out some of the classic Bad Kachina pics. You know, the Village People meet Bad Kachina in Havasu??? Or how about the hitch hiking beer looter in the redecorated boat??? :D :D :D
Jordy <----- has many, many, many good pics in his files. Some haven't even been modified yet. ;)
Rat bastard, bring your ass over to the shop and have a cold one. BTW, I saw you and Kenny were out last week, thanks for the invite.

disco_charger
02-17-2006, 09:50 PM
This is me training for the Ezakimak in Mammoth about 10 years ago. Gotta love that spandex!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9167Ezakimak-med.jpg

Jordy
02-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Just got back from an almost 12 mile ride this morning. Feeling better today than I have in a long time. This mountain bike shit is therapeutic. Almost even got a good night sleep last night. Next step: Turn off the phones. :D :D :D
jordy <---- getting priorities in life in order. ;)

LUVNLIFE
02-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey Jordy get some training wheels already would ya :)

Jordy
02-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey Jordy get some training wheels already would ya :)
They're on order, along with the handlebar tassle streamers and the horn and bell. Safety first is my motto. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-18-2006, 10:16 AM
You took the training wheels off already? :supp:

Miss Perfect
02-18-2006, 11:42 AM
FUJ
Oh and nice bike :rollside:

ThongMagnet
02-18-2006, 11:53 AM
It needs a 6 PAC cooler attachment.

Froggystyle
02-18-2006, 12:36 PM
I have been riding MTB pretty heavily for the last couple of years. I am pure XC though much to SuperDave's chagrin.
Last year I bought a Yeti ASRsl and am absolutely pleased as punch with it. I better be... that bike cost me more than my first two cars.
I still have my Specialized M-5 S Works full XTR as a backup bike. Nice problem to have. Allegedly, it is for Audrey, but the reality is it is just an extra $4K bike in the garage... :rolleyes:
If you ever come out here to SD with it... I will take you on Noble Canyon. Bring an extra lung, because I go up before we go down... Shuttling is for pussies.

2Driver
02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Notice cup holder :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3278DCP_0005.JPG

superdave013
02-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I have been riding MTB pretty heavily for the last couple of years. I am pure XC though much to SuperDave's chagrin.
Last year I bought a Yeti ASRsl and am absolutely pleased as punch with it. I better be... that bike cost me more than my first two cars.
I still have my Specialized M-5 S Works full XTR as a backup bike. Nice problem to have. Allegedly, it is for Audrey, but the reality is it is just an extra $4K bike in the garage... :rolleyes:
If you ever come out here to SD with it... I will take you on Noble Canyon. Bring an extra lung, because I go up before we go down... Shuttling is for pussies.
I gotta get down there and do that ride with ya sometime. I don't mind riding up as long as you don't mind waiting on the fat guy to get to the top. You can stand up there and eat power bars, drink your gu and make fun of me all ya want. lol
All I'm asking is we take that trail where you lost your teeth. ;) Sounds like a fun section, I'll bring a full face helmet.

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I gotta get down there and do that ride with ya sometime. I don't mind riding up as long as you don't mind waiting on the fat guy to get to the top. You can stand up there and eat power bars, drink your gu and make fun of me all ya want. lol
All I'm asking is we take that trail where you lost your teeth. ;) Sounds like a fun section, I'll bring a full face helmet.
Everytime I see that chocolate milk commercial where the dude takes the dive off the embankment, flops back over to pull out a bottle and drinks it down.
Somehow I envision one of you two clowns(SD or Froggy)....makes me burst into laughter everytime.
true story.
Brian

Ziggy
02-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Do they make A/C for bikes yet??....you'll need that in a few months :p

Jordy
02-20-2006, 04:51 PM
You took the training wheels off already? :supp:
Yeah, I'm getting the hang of it. Since I picked it up on Friday afternoon, I've ridden everyday and now have 47 miles on it according to the odometer. Just got back from 14 miles a little bit ago. Never felt better, and it's cheaper than therapy. ;) :D :D
On the bummer side, the tassles are still on backorder. :(