PDA

View Full Version : Snowbird rental options

SJP
07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
I know - we are in full blown summer - but I am thinking of renting the place this winter. A couple of basic questions if anyone would be so kind to reply or PM me with any insight.
1. Garage - Does anyone close off their garage? I really do not want to move all my stuff out nor do I want anyone in it. I would not need access to it and would make sure there are fire alarms in it. Is this legal?
2. Do you use an agency to place snowbirds or how do you acquire them without their help? What would an agency typically charge and who is the best?
3. What would the monthly market value be on a Nov-end of March newer home - lake view 3 bed two bath nicely furnished place?
I know I have seen these threads around but would like the most up to date info. Thank you in advance.
Sam

Jyruiz
07-18-2007, 08:47 AM
#1.
We only rented our place for a month, but we did not close off the garage cause the washer and dryer are in there. The snowbirds we got did not mess with the boat or anything else in there.
#2. We used a lady who use to place snowbirds, she charged 8%, I say charged because she does not do it anymore.
#3. We got 1k for a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a lake view (not a big one though) centraly located and our house was built in 1978 I believe.

lalhc
07-18-2007, 09:14 AM
#1 - I do not close off my garage eventhough I have my toys in there. I allow my snowbirds to use my garage for parking their vehicle and I have not had any problems.
#2 - I use an agency to rent my house and they charge 15% during the winter. The agency takes care of EVERYTHING. All I do is collect my check in the mail around the 10th of each month.
#3 - With an agency you will receive top $ for you home. I have a remodled 1992 home. It's a typical 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1700 sq ft home and I the agency get's me $1,650 per month. That is a hell of a lot more than I could get on my own. I would expect that you could get close to $2,000 w/a new home.